Active thread - The Red Strain [TRS]

Antarctica 1983 is a horror thriller scenario about four souls who just have come back to work from a much-needed vacation at home. But, what has happened on the base while they were away?

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Active thread - The Red Strain [TRS]

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Inside Station 10

1982-09-20 15:30

Janet passes by Johnny who walks through the front door. In the lounge, the rest of the staff is hovering over Ward. All but Walther who still is outside. The power goes off and then sputters on again. The generator next to the lounge wall hums back on.
"Good thing the sun only turns. We won´t stumble in darkness." Xavier comments, glaring at Harrison. "You pay us for twenty four hours shifts?" Dwayne asks, hopefully.

From the power failure, the cassette player shut off and the hum from the generator is the only background noise.

OOC: Starting this up a bit early. Feel free to join in.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Active thread - The Red Strain [TRS]

Post by Mr. Handy »

Robert Bailey hangs back, concerned about Arthur Ward. I better just let the medical professionals handle this, he thinks. I hope nobody asks me to take a look at the generator. I'm allergic to work.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

Janet looks around at everyone and then approaches Ward. "So what exactly happened here?" she asked, her gentle and worried expression taking the stern sting from her words.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
MadJaymilton
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by MadJaymilton »

"Four stitches," Evans says absently, standing up from the sofa Ward is laid out upon. He cradles the bag of saline solution in his arms. "Lucky he didn't pass out before, half-dressed as he is. He could have frozen to death out there."
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Pickman37 »

"Hmmm...Maybe he has a case of cabin fever," George adds. There is a hint of disinterest in his voice like he has something else on his mind or somewhere else he needs to be...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Cabin fever?" asks Janet. "But we've only just gotten here. Doesn't cabin fever normally come from being cramped up with too many people? They've had a bit of space here before we came."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

" 'Four stitches,' that isn't too bad, is it Doc. ? "

Arthur Ward glances at Bailey, over Evans' shoulder, to try and judge if he ought to be worried by his injury.
Janet looks around at everyone and then approaches Ward. "So what exactly happened here?" she asked, her gentle and worried expression taking the stern sting from her words.
" No milk--I mean, I ran out of milk when preparing our Korma. I nipped out to the supply container, where I slipped, and did this. " Ward touches his damaged skull. He adds: " Somebody was arsing about on top of the supply container; I saw footprints too--so it wasn't my imagination. "
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Johnny walks into the common area and sees most people crowded round Arthur. "He's alright, just knocked his head on the fridge door, maybe knocked some sense into him hey Arthur? Says someone was on the roof but I didn't see anyone. No sign of Walther either, did he come back?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Next time put your coat on before you go out, mate," says Robert, his expression lighthearted. "I hate to sound like your mum, but you really will catch your death if you go out dressed like that."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

"Well, it looks like our good chef here is in capable hands and on the mend. I'll maybe carry on with my work, " George says casually from behind the group. He tries to establish eye contact with Eric but the young researcher's attention is directed towards Arthur. Finally George gives up on the indirect method...

"Uh...Eric. Are you busy at the moment? I was wondering if you could assist me in the lab."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Next time put your coat on before you go out, mate," says Robert, his expression lighthearted. "I hate to sound like your mum, but you really will catch your death if you go out dressed like that."
He replies mock-sarcastically, with a hint of relief:

' Now I remember why I don't like Australians. Cheers, mate ! '
Johnny walks into the common area and sees most people crowded round Arthur. "He's alright, just knocked his head on the fridge door, maybe knocked some sense into him hey Arthur? Says someone was on the roof but I didn't see anyone. No sign of Walther either, did he come back?"
' Too right, Wrighty. I ain't seen Walther, he wasn't inside the supply container . . . I think.'
Pickman37 wrote:"Well, it looks like our good chef here is in capable hands and on the mend. I'll maybe carry on with my work, " George says casually . . .
' Thanks, George.'
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Don´t you remember The Shining?", Harrison asks Janet crazy-eyed and mimics a hand with a huge knife hacking her way. He stretches and adds, "I should head out and see what Walther is doing before he breaks one of my machines. Probably best to look over the spare generator. The old one seems to give up the ghost." He snickers at Bailey "I will put my cap on, don´t worry." He walks towards the air lock.

Seeing that there´s no need for a gurney, Xavier claps his hands together and says, "He seems alright. Maybe we all need a little something to celebrate the upcoming new work year? New spirits and new opportunities. Those contractors will surely need our assistance, whatever they are doing. We should even see if we can salvage something else from Station 31. I don´t think we looked through everything properly over there. Now with the full crew here, we´ll be able to keep up the work on-base and manage to fly over there." Before Harrison reaches the air-lock, Xavier stops him with. "Dawyne, be sure to check that flame thrower we got the last run!" Harrison rolls his eyes and replies, "Certainly, sir."

Xavier
reaches the pantry and starts checking cupboards for glasses. In the process he knocks down a stack of TDK-tapes. They end up in a pile on top of the pond of spilled milk.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
LorenniaNailo
Layman
Layman

Post by LorenniaNailo »

Eric looks up at George. "Sure. What have you got?"
MadJaymilton
Layman
Layman

Post by MadJaymilton »

Tabs wrote:" 'Four stitches,' that isn't too bad, is it Doc. ? "
"No, you should be fine," Evans says, handing the saline to the chef. "Just lay down for a while and get some of this in you. I'm going to get my kit. We need to see if you've got a concussion, although I doubt anything could have gotten through the skull of yours. Keep still, I'll be right back."

There's something more important that needs to be addressed first, however; the doctor follows the administrator to the pantry. "Xavier," he says in a hushed tone, "We may need to take some time to have a meeting with the crew. Obviously safety regulations need to be emphasized. Honestly, going out without proper gear? Someone playing on top of a storage container? It's like these people think they're on holiday."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Looking at the station surgeon, Xavier´s eyes go slate grey. "Giving orders now, dr Evans?" He looks Evans in the eyes and adds. "You were there at Outpost 31. You saw what we saw. Me and Rob were there - we saw the mayhem. These guys didn´t. They can´t begin to fathom what it was like. All that destruction..." He stops himself in the rant and opens another cupboard, finds the cups and takes one down. Gripping it to tight so that it cracks.
Clearly the chief is in some distress, he lets the cup fall and shatter to pieces and sees the cups on the table. Carl and Eric had set the table earlier. He ignores the shards on the floor and pulls a chair out and reaches for a new cup. He cradles it, as if an egg, gently. "Maybe...", he starts, "...you can set them straight? I think I need to go to my quarters. Had too few hours of sleep lately. We keep this between us, OK?"

Who are you
Who who who who
Who are you
Who who who who
The Who -67
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Robert smiles, also relieved - that Harrison didn't want him to go out and check on the generator. "Celebration sounds good to me!" he says. "I'm always up for a party." He heads to the fridge to see if there's a Foster's in there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Eric looks up at George. "Sure. What have you got?"
"I have a sample back in the lab....a chunk of ice and frozen within it is a new variant of bacteria that I have never seen before. It is absolutely fascinating!" George can barely contain his enthusiasm. "I was wondering if you would like to assist me in conducting further analysis upon this sample?"
LorenniaNailo
Layman
Layman

Post by LorenniaNailo »

Eric grins. "Of course, let's go!"
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

At the sound of celebratory drinks, Johnny follows Xavier towards the kitchen but then leaps forward as Xavier knocks the tapes into the milk. "Hey, we can't lose these! These are Arthur's. Plus we need all the entertainment we can get in this dump." His voice dwindles to a silent grumble at the last so he doesn't upset the boss. He carefully picks the cassettes out of the milk.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

MadJaymilton wrote:"No, you should be fine," Evans says, handing the saline to the chef. "Just lay down for a while and get some of this in you. I'm going to get my kit. We need to see if you've got a concussion, although I doubt anything could have gotten through the skull of yours. Keep still, I'll be right back."
' Thanks.'

Arthur swivels and rests his legs on the sofa. ' Ahhhh ! '

Return to “Antarctica 1983”