Station 10: EVAC - OOC

Antarctica 1983 is a horror thriller scenario about four souls who just have come back to work from a much-needed vacation at home. But, what has happened on the base while they were away?

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Station 10: EVAC - OOC

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Out of character stuff goes here. Two days to go.
[goear]91e2777[/goear]
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Station 10: EVAX - OOC

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OK, I´m making an effort to see who´s who here on the board.
There might be confusion due to screen names / user names and actual names.
I feel that knowing who I play with is a good thing, even if it´s only a fictitious "real name".

I´m Dave, using Syrinx, a nymph´s name as screen name. Actually I took the name after a character in Peter F Hamilton´s alien ship thingy in the Night´s Dawn trilogy.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm Jonathan (Jon for short), and my screen name is Mr. Handy, a type of robot from the Fallout series of games. This was originally the screen name I used on No Mutants Allowed, where Zombie Apocalypse started. I kept the same name when I joined this board. My avatar is a screenshot I took from the introductory movie of the original Fallout.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Robert Bailey got himself some epic rolls.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yeah, that was the luckiest I ever got for character creation, especially considering all stats were on 3d6 and I didn't get to roll 2d6+6 or 3d6+3 for any of them. Of course, I did get to roll three sets and reroll my one abysmal stat in the third set (and did extremely well on that). I'll probably still die horribly, though. ;) Then again, we all may.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MadJaymilton
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by MadJaymilton »

Yeah I'm just finishing re-watching The Thing right now--I don't hold out much hope for us. :P

My name is Justin; the MadJaymilton handle comes from John Hodgman's humor book The Areas of My Expertise.
The "Federalist Papers" were written by John Jay, Alexander Hamilton, and James Madison. But on the page, and indeed around town, the trio went under the collective name of "Publius."
But did you know that before settling on this famous pseudonym, they first considered...
  • Richard Bachman?
  • Superblius?
  • Mad Jaymilton?
  • Mummenschanz?
DID YOU READ THAT IN ANY OF YOUR HISTORY BOOKS?!!
I don't really have a lot to add, other than I hope we all have a lot of fun losing our minds at the South Pole.
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Pickman37 »

I'm Tony and my screen name is drawn from one of my favourite HPL stories (three guesses which one and the last two guesses don't count :D ) with my age at the time of discovering this site tacked on. My avatar is a pencil sketch I did for an abandoned art project years back of the cemetary zombie from Night of the Living Dead '68 attempting to get into the car and at Barbra.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'm Shannon and my screen name is Laraqua which is based off a misremembered city built over a lake from a sub-par videogame on the Nintendo 64 whose game name I don't recall but whose briefly see city has inspired many stories.

As my name is the most gender neutral out of all of you, I will state that I am a girl. Why? Because it's always kooky being able to attach a real gender to someone you roleplay with online.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Hi, I'm Brett. Why Tabs?--on the day I registered at the site, to join Mr. Handy's Z.A., we brought home a kitten who was named Tabitha. My avatar is from the C.o.C. rulebook ('80s), which has several lovely, creepy colour plates.

Syrinx, the music--I like v. much! Playing it as I type.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Hello Jane here, Bristol way. I got a bit lost on choosing a screen name; starting with Tanith from The Devil Rides Out (Wheatley) and ending up with a Celtic Irish myth: Aine, pronounced Ena. Which I didn't realise and spookily is another screen name of mine. Strange coincidence. The first, and last, time I watched The Thing was on a recent Sunday afternoon nursing a rare hangover with a bunch of chums.
Looking forward to getting squelched.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Nice to see who´s who behind the curtain.
Friday cometh and thus the game is officially on!

As earlier, I apologize in advance about idiomatic and other errors, maybe even non-words used by me in the posts.
I believe, though, that my English is improving with time. Now, I might pass as an edumacated man :D
Just slap me if I´m making no sense. OK?

@Tabs, it´s got a certain matine feel to it. From yet another flick from the good old era.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Great to see everyone is still on board! The posting rate is manageable on my end and I feel you have a flow that works. Good work so far and I think I can tell that you find the game interesting at least.

I´m considering recruiting a second party over at Obsidian Portal to play another crew. Are you fine with that?
TVblog

Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

I have no problem with that unless they are an evil crew who looks like us but with beards and the such to differentiate good from evil
(i.e. wearing glasses when the character in question does not! etc.)...Bizarro us!! So yeah I do but otherwise go ahead! ;)

As for George Price, I have been trying to work in my 'Eh's" but so far no dice! It's hard to do this with these older Canuck Scientist-types. Canadian public broadcasting was stuffy in George's childhood and university only taught him to speak proper (i.e. No 'Eh's') so my quest will continue to introduce an 'Eh' when the time is appropriate...

:D
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

No problem for me. 8-)
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

My point exactly...

Which Tabs is it? Good Tabs or evil Tabs?
Pickman37
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pickman37 »

Tabs wrote: "We were concerned about Walther,--he's been gone so long--but if everyone is returning to base, I'd better start cooking."

Lol good stuff! You are truly mad good sir and it is a pleasure to participate with you! :lol:
MadJaymilton
Layman
Layman

Post by MadJaymilton »

Syrinx, I've no problem with you bringing in another crew. (More targets for us to hide behind, after all!)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Well, there´s nothing cut in stone. Might be hard to enlist a crew at OP. I´ll give it a go, though.
That was the reason I moved the game here in fact.
Now, I keep a log of what we do here over at OP.

Antarctica 1983 @ Obsidian Portal
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

It's fine with me too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
LorenniaNailo
Layman
Layman

Post by LorenniaNailo »

Oh. There's another thread here...um...

Hello, I go by LorenniaNailo mostly around here. If you find someone going by it somewhere else, that would also be me. As for why, let's just say you'll find out in a decade or so.

As you may have noticed, I'm shockingly unobservant, especially when it comes to things I really should know about...like how there can be more than one thread on a message board *cough* :oops: *cough*. Anyway, I'm also a complete newbie to the COC rules, though I've played significant amounts of D&D (3.5 and 4th) and HERO system, and had experience with Mutants and Masterminds, Traveler, AD&D, L5R, Fudge, and several others.

I'm also trying to get internet access at my new place, which comes at a pretty inconvenient time for quite a few of my friends. Still trying to find Eric's voice...I figure that'll probably happen about the time he gets attacked.

Return to “Antarctica 1983”