Active thread - The Red Strain [TRS]

Antarctica 1983 is a horror thriller scenario about four souls who just have come back to work from a much-needed vacation at home. But, what has happened on the base while they were away?

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Active thread - The Red Strain [TRS]

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll gladly take that off your hands," says Robert, reaching for the Foster's that Dr. Evans had confiscated. "Good thing Harrison's already out there. He can get the generator working again."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

MadJaymilton wrote:Evans "And this is out of the question," he says, taking away the Foster's."
' Johnny gave it to me. Johnny, you bad man !

' Look, it's my job to feed you all, and because of this accident I'll be out of the kitchen for a few hours : it feels like I've let you down. Once I'm back on my feet I'll prepare a meal fit for kings !

' And Janet, I am sorry for my words just now--I wasn't myself--' Arthur stops speaking abruptly, realising that Janet probably doesn't care about mention of the ribbed condom or, for that matter, his apology. He retreats into his shell, and stares out of the window, feeling foolish.
Last edited by Tabs on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

As it looks like the fun's over, Johnny finishes his beer and stands up. He looks at his watch and seeing it is 1600hrs decides to do a bit of work before finishing for the evening. "Think I'll just go check on the bird before turning in tonight. Just in case Xavier throws in a expedition without warning. Wouldn't put it past him. Plus the weather's not too bad yet. Plus it's a bit dull here with no power." He notes his duffel bag is still on the floor but ignores it. He goes out to the coats and puts on his outer gear, checking that the whisky is still hidden inside before entering the air lock.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Janet sighs as the power goes out. "Will that affect the heating?" She doesn't seem to pay much attention to the apology, simply shrugging in acknowledgment that she's heard it. As she glances around the room in irritation at the failed power, she notices the figure strolling through the snow. "Huh. Who do you think that is?" she asks with casual curiosity.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Robert peers out the window. "Harrison, maybe?" he says. "Or it could be Walther. He's still out there too. But why would either of them be going to the chopper?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

At the window Janet and Robert watch the figure by the chopper. Clad in black it moves behind the vehicle escaping from view. Johnny notices the tension from the two. As he turns to see what it´s all about he sees the guide lights of the runway behind the station light up. Back at the window, Janet sees Harrison walk back from the workshop.
Robert´s radio under the stairs makes a double beep, indicating a coded message has arrived.
Evans is really getting spooked by this sudden action around the station. What is protocol for this? Should really people leave the main building?

OOC: The emergency locker up in the corridor on the second floor holds the following:
Defibrillators, roll of band aids, head lamps (2), flash lights (4), energy bars (20), flare gun, glow sticks (10), blankets (4), two first aid kits, fire extinguisher and one Remington 870.

Weapons available at Station 10 (should you feel the urge to know)
Spoiler:
Remington 870 (emergency locker)
Damage at close range: 4D6, at medium range: 2D6, at long range: 1D6
Range: close: 0-9m, medium: 9-18m, long : 19-45m
Shells: 7
11 Hp

M1A rifle (helicopter)
Damage: 2D6+2
Range: 100 m
Magazine: 10
11 Hp

Knife 5 (kitchen)
Damage: 1D4+Db
Range: touch
9 Hp

Scalpel (clinic)
Damage:1d4
Range: touch
4 Hp

Axe (workshop)
Damage: 1D8+2+Db
Ranged: touch
Hp 15

Child´s Flamethrower / non-funcioning (Workshop)
Damage: 2D6+burn damage
Range: 23 m
"Shots": 8
6 Hp

Dynamite (Garage)
Damage: 5D6, radius 2m
Range: Str x 1m
3 Hp
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"'Scuse me, I'd better go get that," says Robert. He ducks into the radio room to decode the message.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

That leaves Janet, Arthur and Evans at the lounge. Robert enters the airlock in is gone from view.

OOC: A new thread for those leaving the main house, called outside is open. Aine, Johnny is continuing in that thread. O u t s i d e
Robert Bailey´s Eyes Only,[code] <Encrypted> D+W5/j2F2W6SFUYEn7PL75gDZ7P9GRIF8SQZyEzKYmDwH4/XnNZmkZ+h/2ZfEH6laKpzFwOBLLgFA+oJ TD4EeYx4lIi/4IfXsipyuXDxnd3Yb4W9w8uTbxJzUqMPx9xeioLBGoGELRTCJQOCoBuhfw== </Encrypted>[/code]
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
MadJaymilton
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by MadJaymilton »

Evans crosses to the window, mouth set in line. Harrison and Johnny at least had legitimate reasons to be outside, but... "What is Walther doing out there?" he muses out loud. "He hasn't been in since you crew arrived." He's quiet for a moment, then glances at Janet. "He wouldn't be upset with any of you, do you suppose? Maybe had a tiff with one of you before your leave and he still feels sore?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Robert encrypts a reply and transmits it back.
Keeper only,[code]<Encrypted> uo1n22G9NpzhU0bHvXKjGx1k1ggN+bSijcWxkn8Ct5PSTCZxlCSyyg2IVtv0Q0dsSrcjDy1AWwVc71jV iP9ofbmglX/T6FPdvG8a8LLcRebVNmH3PGVgMdP2BbdVPoxxQ4YHl0Sy+K69R3uzrLsY6uOXuf4cTEb+ rHbbp4VGXl4lgRJhOUWqyy3LVVcdS0ohdGV19sN66PmrlhrGv27CqKxlUeH3FoHAq5fD9LQKmq/VBZYE 3By0yg== </Encrypted> [/code] I used the same password.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The radio returns a message after thirty seconds.
Robert Baily,[code]<Encrypted> q4El83aXav/LX+kFm/Bp4STYnSXiucYvSErr41+Nn5w8BOylQat2aWfsCU4wVc9qfuHY+/XtIhJHO3Cb iX0zmXLX5V7FDc09dOASaL4cjVdW5TO/zvYeyt3wF4ynSW+7uyginuj+PgbJhtoxuVxXFoOlWufDlBxb lpMWYGMANIA0Nc/rSvV400J3rDWzbTeH8jyyQ3hXEqd3jFGH9cTaI78xhPo14hPbmoEAicVQrNh04BJo vhyNV0suKkgPR1ue7iJIagaBZ8XkRn6bJpMByv/0Tapoq++3 </Encrypted>[/code]
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Robert sends another reply.
Keeper only,[code]<Encrypted> +YGGVNZYsA6HmqeTbxRSE3coB04J3s2WMOixw5TjOmg38zdDOH3rnsNKZ8EVkzkzSd4C2PcgmJPtzpbd EI+k6JQv1HmCSbtvc8uEIx5Xo/RorEPM6N57zQQVV7oSTanyWS6QIXPvDGzPJwekNn9s66kAaRARPlWH IO7hVl96F9Pz4bbg5P0LVqU0XGKuwm6DR3GcT/1T2XhTWFvIIHcoJPDe0h3h2Uy8om57uYZIdj6DflCa CSYWpQ7aFCWqiZP5YkPKw+16Vct/KKE3lFt00nCpu62V+cEDs2MK+UTfJbWhClVYKFWobD0U8kRumn2f LUu8PAVuDZ/zID7CpT6fR6c+TY3afY2GY64BQo5iqxgjVWe7Wa9C5GMwDf9A1KQw8ktJ8460R9qa5Kft XFYi7rqyqu2YTCXXdmQ4dDuy0jtA90glek1NpuEko/gpr5HYyfVrg86fXEpVW1Ct9BAEaf/lMAEIQXlW OSCsD0qJUJkjIWfe3+QfKAEKgSNJ6ar9ebwVH+MaAyujHhQgok1i7TbrmgY+PweKgnQMtIvRqIBYS4tZ bHkhzw== </Encrypted> [/code]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

MadJaymilton wrote:[Evans ] . . . quiet for a moment, then glances at Janet. "[Walther] wouldn't be upset with any of you, do you suppose? Maybe had a tiff with one of you before your leave and he still feels sore?"
Arthur is dozing on the sofa. He opens one eye, wondering at the Doctor's meaning ; he thinks : she's not knocking-off Naumann, surely ?

' Not me : we are good friends.'
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Are we allowed to read the other thread, or should we avoid it?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC: If you are interested in what is going on outside, feel free to walk out, So, no reading in the other thread, please.
TVblog

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Janet heads over to put on an extra layer before trundling outdoors. She's not anxious enough to fear some sort of threat so her curiosity isn't going to get her frozen to the bone.
Show,tell me when enough time has passed for me to go outside.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Evans, I feel much better !

"As for Walther, he ought to come back inside or he'll catch hypothermia. Robert is on the radio, I could ask him to relay a message ?"
MadJaymilton
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by MadJaymilton »

Evans lets out an unhappy sigh--honestly, getting these people together was like herding cats--and turns to Arthur. "We'll go together," he says. "You may feel better, but I want to keep an eye on you." He kneels down by the couch to help the chef up.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Arthur grasps the Doctor's hand and pulls himself to his feet, being careful not to sway or otherwise look doddery.

"Thanks, again. Let's go talk to Bailey, he should be in the radio room."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Evans and Arthur get to the air lock as Janet leaves with the door slamming shut behind her. Robert´s door is closed but you can hear him working the radio.

Robert gets another transmission when he hears the front door slam shut again.
Spoiler:
<Encrypted>
++SQzUuokZ3v4lvRNhhE7CWLuubtscIEANxtKSrVibEBfunVwRcHMFX+KSMfEB9R+/jE5ObApsAHktmX
aqcylsQjCBkMvgV9NiuyVdXK/dtC8sEXB0laugJOaIBx1qHEsm6z+EBZj4A9Uos8oi0HiOLrlCOhwL3y
xSRNbVtDvxa4GWET5mJoLnmfZ2cG6WAUJoH9V30JuiW/PQMsqZ5+dd8PLdyAuPvSQ8Q6DYLk8RijZ82g
0PkoaoHsEc/JNyD1dVbKBUZQ5/t4TxNWkoGKuKSXXE6QICw19aQ5mG83m44Y0c9aduqd4Tg+CM8AQyqn
cDUgh8+MY4TYJVD/kbnfw8pOP9F1Z81IQO9RIxf3S14aGUb/7dWySeTW4sTrwMEcKtJ8pGbH5dfhgwPA
M11H3K9zaU7j7iGNPTI+rGTc7yiiu+kT8HK/nDM5ozy2ibTAsE8NWpWVuh8hDJCvMm5L6NdmvUxS0KfW
1Q3WgafslFkgDFTY2b3aAIRgdt0Bdry5dZ9cJq4uPGC0FltpRGM5/5cIrEGojzV7vc8/VlkL8pnPpkVa
VqUF3Qkb0MuyWFRbQi26uZUkiE5TPAGhPV2bYbXOpjq5eY7+DZSJDjlJikE4sh7/U4ssWm72yR2+SWXQ
2l2cf7dirW7I7+y0m7lFRWkE05QtVyPC/xixL8NJBeC1XXNlslz6rH5I3j/0b7mWPVFVYsIm1Qqc59oL
w3lElKJFoiqLQrTzrnFW6Yslyw4eZX3v3uRe6w==

</Encrypted>
All men inside the station hear something that sounds like thunder close in on Station 10.
TVblog

Return to “Antarctica 1983”