Gateway

The world can be a cruel and terrible place. More so when the Blitz strikes down at London and certain key cities, when mothers and fathers go off to the front lines to get shot and killed or captured by enemy soldiers, and when a billet off in the countryside can suddenly end with news of the death of your living parents, or perhaps entire families, in air raid shelters or bombed factories. Luckily there are still places for such children. Orphanages where children can be protected and looked after by kindly women. This is one such orphanage ... or so you hope when you approach the cast iron gate.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Gateway

Post by royya »

*ping*
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

*sorry, I'm waiting for the other thread to catch up*
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The children are all too decomposed to readily identify though the clothing looks similar to what is used at the orphanage. As he peers at the children's body he feels something like static spark across his body, causing the hairs on his arms and the nape of his neck to stand upright.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Mike takes several steps backwards
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Two of the corpses in the pile begin to stir, their flesh gaining colour and knitting itself back together before his very eyes. One is so very small, the other larger, but both are quite clearly children. They begin to drag themselves from the pile, new strands of hair pushing out from the decayed scalps, eyes beginning to bulge and fill out the sockets beneath the eye lids.

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Mother Mary!
Mike back away a little bit as he stares with horror at what he sees.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The two corpses pulled themselves to a standing position at the front of the alley and stared blankly toward him for several long moments as their bodies reknitted around them. It looked like Peregrine and Clive, but it couldn't be. Could it?

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Peregrine? Clive?
Mark asks nervously
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Peregrine and Clive find themselves standing in the mouth of an alleyway flanked by tall wooden buildings like a badly made Knights of the Round Table toy set. There's fire everywhere, releasing waves of heat that rub across their faces. The sky is colored by the heat, given a reddish glare from all the smoke and fire. On either side of the alley are piles of dead children, their bodies rotted, and standing at the mouth of the alley is Mike, his face aghast.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Mike!" says Clive, looking around in wonder. "We've found you! But...where are we, and how did we get here? And how do we get back?" He glances behind him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Come to me, hurry !!
Mike calls to Clive and Peregrine. Once they come closer, He hugs them and leads them to the sqaure, away from the burning alley.
God, I thought I lost you. Where were you ?!
I followed the pig and found myself over here, hell's know where is the cellar.
Where are Jimmy and Martin?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Clive hurries forward. "They were right behind us," he says. "I went through this archway, and suddenly I was here. Maybe we can get back by returning the way we came."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

There is nothing there but dead end and flames. This alley is on fire.
Mike calls out
Come, we can talk over here
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Peregrine looks around him aghast, it isn't anything like his idea of Fairyland and wonders worriedly if Jimmy might have been right after all. He looks back but sees nothing of the shimmer. He smiles shyly up at Mike, very pleased to see him, and takes his hand. He walks with the others to a place where the smoke is not so bad.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

What happened? How did you get here?
Mike asks
I chased the pig and found myself over here, all alone.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Miss O, O'Reily came down the steps and found us in the cellar but she didn't want to look for you. Then she locked us in! And then we found the shimmery thing and Clive went in and, and I followed. And then we weren't there anymore." Peregrine looks around, "This isn't a very nice place, is it Mike?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The church bells begin to toll.

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Come follow me.
Mike says
We must find a way out of here.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Peregrine takes Clive's hand and they follow the older boy across the rubble and through the smoke. Peregrine looks around in wonder. "Have the Germans been bombing here Mike? Where are we going?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

There is a church over here. Have you heard the bell
Mike replies, leading the boys to the church. Now that he is not alone, maybe their keen eyes will see something that he missed.

Return to “Misery Orphanage, 1941”