Gateway

The world can be a cruel and terrible place. More so when the Blitz strikes down at London and certain key cities, when mothers and fathers go off to the front lines to get shot and killed or captured by enemy soldiers, and when a billet off in the countryside can suddenly end with news of the death of your living parents, or perhaps entire families, in air raid shelters or bombed factories. Luckily there are still places for such children. Orphanages where children can be protected and looked after by kindly women. This is one such orphanage ... or so you hope when you approach the cast iron gate.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: Gateway

Post by royya »

Hmm...
Mike decides to read the diary notes first. Maybe it will hint something about the writer.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The diary notes are written in a spidery hand that seems uncannily like the Head Matron's....

It has been so long since we gathered beneath the stars and intoned to the monuments and thus so much has changed but one cannot turn one's head toward the past too carelessly or one will be carelessly tossed aside. If not for the Hounds we could move bodily between the spaces instead of a single passage from a time of fire and cruelty to a time where the Old Ways are thought forgotten. There is a power here in this verdant land that is largely ignored. A power steeped in human energy, boundless, yet tempered through age. To withstand the time that still slips us past we must first turn our attentions to gathering what finances we need - for which is required a man, always a man - and then move toward a gathering of such power and a design of such a place that can house such growing power so that it may be harnessed when the time draws truly close. Alas while we have our mingled memories to draw upon for the fulcrum we have not yet settled upon an existential truth that would be worth springing into an uttermost being.

Mike is distracted by a sound at the edge of his mind. What was that noise? It sounded like it came from outside.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Clive returns, leading Peregrine. "Mike!" he says. "We found a ladder going down to a room full of food and there were skeletons but we didn't eat anything because I thought it might be a trap so we came to tell you." He states all of that in a single breath, only stopping to inhale when he finishes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Peregrine looks at Mike with big, hopeful eyes.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Hush! I hears something ... someone is outside.
Mike close the books and lead them back to the church.
We'll search the candyroom later
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Clive nods and follows Mike quietly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Please return to the Arrival thread.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/

Return to “Misery Orphanage, 1941”