Arrival

The world can be a cruel and terrible place. More so when the Blitz strikes down at London and certain key cities, when mothers and fathers go off to the front lines to get shot and killed or captured by enemy soldiers, and when a billet off in the countryside can suddenly end with news of the death of your living parents, or perhaps entire families, in air raid shelters or bombed factories. Luckily there are still places for such children. Orphanages where children can be protected and looked after by kindly women. This is one such orphanage ... or so you hope when you approach the cast iron gate.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: Arrival

Post by Philulhu »

"Winchcombe," said Jimmy, giving Davey a nudge as he pulled on jacket and cap. "C'mon Yank, this is our stop."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Oh boy, this will be powerful fun!" Davey says jokingly as he steps onto the platform at Jimmy's side.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Jimmy looked up and down the platform, waiting to be told what to do. The noise of the aero-engine drew his attention and he looked up to try to identify the type of plane that it was.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

As the train grinds to a halt and the compartment door is swung open, Peregrine is pushed to the side. He cowers as the warden leans over him to shout of the door and the boys begin to bustle with their coats and suitcases. Afraid of being squashed by the woman's ample bosom he drops and crawls under the seat where there is more space.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Clive stays right behind Mike as instructed. "It's definitely RAF, I can make out the markings," he says. "He's good, too. I hope I get to be that good when I grow up. It's too far away to tell what kind of plane, though."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

I listen intently to Clive's description of the plane but keep my eyes glued to their spot on the floor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Well, here we are then," proclaims the woman loudly as she bustles up the boys and ensures they have everything on the platform. "Well, we made it one piece." She shields her eyes and gazes over at that plane. "That isn't one of Jerry's, is it?"

"We must go, Perry," said the woman in black, picking up his luggage and taking it out onto the platform. She ensures that he steps out before her.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, ma'am, it's one of ours!" pipes up Clive from behind Mike.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Can't be one of theirs, miss," replied Jimmy cheekily, "We'd have shot it down by now!"
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Davey steps off the train bagless, crouches down in a fetal postition and rocks back and forth to strech out before standing up straight, "Finally some fresh air. I was dyin' in there. You can never be too sure about who is who, them krauts are sneaky. I wouldn't put it passed them to be flyin' your planes." Davey nods at the other kids before looking the older teen in the eyes,"My name's David. You can call me Davey. Are you in charge of us now? I'll be happy to get away from these stiff necked old ladies."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Peregrine keeps hold of his blanket and makes his way uncertainly after the woman. He stands on the platform looking round and then watches the older boys.
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I take one quick glance up from the floor to look at these new comers before pushing my head back down. Not sure how to reply to Davey's remark I simply parrot the things the headmistress back home told me to say. "Hello. My names Martian. We're very happy your coming to live with us. The orphanage is a lot of fun. Just do everything the adults say and its a lot of fun." I speak in clear, short sentences. When I finish a take slow, deep breaths to calm my heartbeat and shuffle closer to Clive.
Last edited by Garrett on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Jimmy raises his eyebrows and looks at Davey as the funny-looking kid parrots his introduction. "Sounds great, doesn't it?" he says.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Davey rolls his eyes, "Yeah I can't wait."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Clive stands beside Martian. "Hi, I'm Clive," he says, nodding back. "Nice to meetcha, Davey. What are the rest of your names?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"I'm Jimmy,", said Jimmy with a nod of his head in welcome.

"Have you been here long?" he asked.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Hi boys
Mike smiles to the new trio and goes one by one, shaking their hands firmly.
My name is Mike, I’m the handy man of your new home. Any problem like broken toys or complaints you have you come to me and I will pass it to the matrons. Now let me have your bags. You can hop into the vehicle.
If anyone need help if will lift him up. Mike opens the door for the lady and when everyone is ready he will begin to drive.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I run ahead of the others back to the truck. With great effort I pull myself up and quickly tuck myself in the corner, retrieving my book on the way. Feeling much safer now I resume reading.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Laraqua »

"All right, now you boys be good," said the warden with a cheerful smile. "Oh, before you go could you sign this for me just to say that the boys have been deposited in the orphanage's care?"

The older woman in black frowns at her and the other lads, and her frown only deepens when she see the ute. "Perry, you will have to sit in between us. I will not have your life risked in the back of that ... vehicle." Then she turns to regard the teenager. "You call call me Mrs. Hartley. What is your name? Your full name?"
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Clive nods to Jimmy as well as they head for the ute. "I've been here a couple months," he says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Misery Orphanage, 1941”