Arrival

The world can be a cruel and terrible place. More so when the Blitz strikes down at London and certain key cities, when mothers and fathers go off to the front lines to get shot and killed or captured by enemy soldiers, and when a billet off in the countryside can suddenly end with news of the death of your living parents, or perhaps entire families, in air raid shelters or bombed factories. Luckily there are still places for such children. Orphanages where children can be protected and looked after by kindly women. This is one such orphanage ... or so you hope when you approach the cast iron gate.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Arrival

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, it's just painted on!" calls Clive. "There are real bolt cutters in a hole in the central pole, but I'd have to be quick to grab them before it turns, or I could lose my hand! Mike, have you got any tools we can jam in there to stop it turning?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by royya »

OOC - tools,To tell you the truth, I don't remember. I did went down to the cellar with a wrench and hammer but I don't remember if I have them now with me since a lot of real time passed since then. If the GM allows I think a luck skill-check will be appropriate in this case to see if my wrench or hammer is still tucked in my belt or was thrown away after Mike fell from the edge [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4566667/]Luck (1d100=99)[/url] - Horrible fail
Yes, I have one with me, wait, where it is, must have been lost when I fell from the edge!
Mike calls
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

It seems on the floor a few feet away. It didn't slide far.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

There is is ... Mike calls with hope and comfort. Hoping the skeletal creature will be occupied so he will be able to grab it quickly.
Mike says
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Skellie skellie, oh smellie skellie how does your garden grow?" Jack calls to the skeleton to lead it away from the fallen tool.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

(OOC: Need a Dodge roll for Jack.)

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Jack rolls under the blade, trying to lure the creature into making a fatal mistake. "With sickle scythes and deadman's eyes, and gravestones all in a row." He finishes.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The skeleton is suitably distracted as it makes a lunge toward nimble Jack, leaving the tool easily grabbed and ready to use. It would be a simple issue to obtain that key now (Mechanical Repair).

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Can only one of us try, or can we each roll? If only one of us can do it, [b]Mike[/b] is the best choice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Mike will try to attack the horror
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Without a tool to disrupt the mechanism, others wishing to grab the key would need to try their luck reaching in to the briefly visible gap (as recall the outer shell hole moves around a stationary inner shell hole) with the possible risk of losing one's hand. While the tool can be passed from one to the other, additional attempts by other individuals will each take a little longer than a single round which would be awkward while the skeleton is mobile.
Everyone,I don't currently have access to my book and I'm having trouble finding the base skill for a small club online? If anyone reads this and has the book handy, please let me know the base skill. Otherwise I'll delete this spoiler when I get home and grab the stat.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The base skill for Small Club is 25%. Since [b]Mike[/b] is fighting the skeleton, does that mean I can grab the tool and use it this round to roll Mechanical Repair without risk to myself, or not?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Jack grins wryly, he bows, "Be my guest, Mike, he's all yours!" And springs away under the blade to leave Mike to attack the skellie.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,Thanks Mr. Handy. I just moved so all the books were in hiding. You can use the tool to snatch it out presuming that he isn't using said tool to clobber the skeleton.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'll have to wait and see if [b]Mike[/b] grabbed the tool. If not, I'll get it and use it myself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mike misses his punch by an inch moments before the skeleton rears back and darts forward. Mike's attempt to get out of the way failsas a clock hand sweeps past overhead, forcing him to duck, but he needn't have worried because the skellie is no better in a fight and its own bony fist misses just as readily.
OOC,I'm going to make an executive decision and assume that he'll let someone else take the tool while he distracts the skellie. He's better with his fists anyway.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Clive grabs the tool and tries to lodge it into the mechanism, but his timing is off and he misses his chance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Jack watches the fight from the sidelines, "Come on Mike, put some welly into it!" And ducks as the blades sweep by.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I'm trying.
Mike replies and lands a blow on the horror

Attack (1d100=26) - Success
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The skeleton explodes into hundreds of bone shards that scratch Mike's face and exposed arms (1 damage). Jack tries to dive to the floor but fails to avoid the bone shards while the others are all far enough away that there's no trouble with it at all. At least that's sorted now.

Return to “Misery Orphanage, 1941”