IC-Ep 4-The Late Shift(Dr. Gordon Baxter only)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 4-The Late Shift(Dr. Gordon Baxter only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

UNIT HQ - London, England
9:10 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Dr. Gordon Baxter was working late in the infirmary at UNIT HQ, tending to ill and injured soldiers. Fortunately, there weren't that many of them. He had heard that UNIT's new Scientific Advisor, Dr. Valerie Kirby, had gone missing while conducting routine inquiries in Dunwich, a village on the coast of East Anglia that had once been a major city before the sea had claimed large portions of it. UNIT had sent a team this morning to search for her. One of them was Dr. Salem Shields, one of his colleagues. He was concerned for the safety of both of them. He had never seen any of the strange things that UNIT was reputed to have encountered, but he knew they could be deadly dangerous. This organization had a high rate of turnover, and he himself had been brought in to replace someone who had died under mysterious circumstances.

Matilda Johnson, a perky redheaded nurse, burst into the infirmary with an excited grin. "Have you heard?" she asked. "Dr. Kirby has been rescued! Not only that, but she and the team came back with a real live Sea Devil they'd captured! It's a...sort of aquatic humanoid. Dr. Kirby is examining it in the lab right now!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Bandages
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-The Late Shift(Dr. Gordon Baxter only)

Post by Bandages »

Dr. Gordon Baxter hurriedly scrawled a few notes on the monitoring sheet of the clipboard he held, then turned to Matilda Johnson and said, Kirby’s safe? Excellent news! And the rest of the team too I presume?’

Baxter then replaces the Clipboard, and massages the bridges of his nose, ‘Sea…Devil? Aquatic…humanoid? If this is some sort of UNIT initiation joke Miss Johnson, and it turns out to be someone dressed as a mermaid I won’t be amused’.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, I don't know if the whole team made it back," said Matilda, the wind coming out of her sails a little, "but some of them did at least. I haven't seen it for myself, so I can't say for sure it's real. Do you want to go have a look, Doctor? I'm sure the other doctor on duty here can cover for you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Bandages
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 6 months

Post by Bandages »

Dr. Gordon Baxter frowned, seemingly concerned with the state of the team. The bags under his tired eyes had greyed over the last few months with each development of his UNIT career. ‘Indeed Miss Johnson, in the Lab you say? I’ll head there now.’
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll go with you," said Matilda, getting excited again. "I'm keen to see this for myself. It's in the containment facility."

The two of them made their way outside and over to UNIT's containment facility, which was designed to hold potentially hostile life forms. The soldiers guarding the front doors admitted them, and they made their way to the biology lab. Nobody else was in the hallway outside the lab at the moment. Matilda knocked on the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Gordon[/b] is moving to the thread linked below.
Revenge of the Creature
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”