IC-Ep 4-The Familiar Stranger(Salem Shields/Tinker)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 4-The Familiar Stranger(Salem Shields/Tinker)

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Ship Inn - Dunwich, England
3:55 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Salem ran through the woods, but his pursuers could see him and were not shaken off of his tail. He had to break cover in order to enter the car park behind the Ship Inn, arriving at the same time as the strange woman. Now he could see that she held an odd-looking device in her right hand:

She ran right for the Model T. "Hey stranger, get your ass in gear and get in!" she called to Salem. She tried the door to the antique car, which was thankfully unlocked. The constables and Horsham were running closer, only about twenty yards distant.
Salem Shields,The constables' shrill whistles pierced the air. [spoiler]If you say anything, please post it inside a spoiler button with your character's name, like the one above.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-The Familiar Stranger(Salem Shields/Tinker)

Post by DetectiveSocks »

There was no time to ask any question, Salem squeezed into the car with the mysterious woman and still taken aback by the events that have transpired.
Salem Shield,Looking around the interior of the antique vehicle, [color=#0000BF]"My shoe is bigger than this car,"[/color] trying to draw his attention away from the beautiful undressed woman.
OOC,How come we're having dialogues in the spoiler buttons now? Writing feels choppy and unnatural :/
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The woman activated her device near the ignition, and the motor began to purr. It was similar to how Story had started the Land Rover earlier, and it made the same sound - though the woman did not hear it. She started to pull out as the men chasing Salem entered the car park and were now just ten yards away. "If you're talking to me right now," she said, "I can't hear a thing. Which way do we go? Just point. I'd like to get to the cottage of that author, Virgil Soames, if we can."
OOC,There's a reason for it, but I didn't want to give it away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem gave a confused look when Tinker gave him that answer. Frantically looking around the windows and establishing his orientation, Salem points the way towards the cottage.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Do you know which way the cottage is? I don't think you've been there before, but correct me if I'm wrong. Which way are you pointing? As a reminder, three roads leave the intersection. Beach Road heads northeast to the restaurant, where it ends. St. James's Street goes through town to the west, and Monastery Hill heads off to the southwest.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem points the way towards the Rose Cottage, not quite sure if it's the one Tinker had in mind.
OOC,I don't think so, I've only been to the [i]Rose Cottage[/i] where [b]Raymond[/b] and I visited a doctor.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem pointed west down St. James's Street.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,May I roll a [i]Medicine[/i] roll to find out why [b]Tinker[/b] is having hearing problems and help her?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There's no time at the moment to do a medical examination, but you can try that later. However, you may roll Psychology now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tinker guns the car down St. James street, given the opportunity she will hit one of the pursuers, and follows Salem's directions.

She shouts a little louder than she means to,
Tinker and Salem,[color=#FF0000]"Keep pointing! Something went wrong and I just can't hear! I'm sure it will fix itself in a little bit!"[/color] She glances over at him, [color=#FF0000]"Salem, please tell me you still have a gun. That scaly fisherman bastard has a bullet with his name on it somewhere and I am gonna be the one to give it to him."[/color]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tinker drove west down the street. The men chasing them had been behind the inn, so there was no way to run them over without doubling back. The car went past the Dunwich Museum and was soon halfway down the length of the street. The policemen and Horsham were still visible in the distance behind them, running down the road. Up ahead was a red public phone booth, on the north side of the street.
OOC,[b]Tinker[/b], you don't need to put your own speech in spoiler buttons. Only [b]Salem[/b] needs to do that, as you cannot hear him. No other PCs are here except for the two of you.
Salem Shields,[b]Salem[/b] spotted the Rose Cottage on the right, near the phone booth. The bullet wound in his back was really starting to hurt now, as the bumpy movement of the car wasn't helping.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

The day couldn't get any stranger. Salem was surprised to hear Tinker knew his name, and how she know he'd have a gun. Well, lost his gun. Salem kept pointing at the Rose Cottage as the bullet still uncomfortably lodged in his back.
Psychology 75%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4539698/]Success 52%[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem Shields,This strange woman clearly wasn't right in the head. She did seem to know him, and he felt like he somehow knew her too, though he couldn't place her. It also seemed likely that her deafness was recent and psychosomatic. She didn't appear to know how to read his lips, which was a skill most deaf people learned quickly, and there seemed to be nothing physically wrong with her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

After the bizarre exchange of familiarity, Salem looks over her shoulder to see if his pursuers are still on his tail, praying that he finally caught a break.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

With the constables still visibly behind them Tinker won't stop. "We can't stop here, plus I didn't see any weapons at Dr. Strong's cottage last time.

Tinker will veer to the south at the first given opportunity, knowing that the beach and no escape is in the north.
OOC,Sorry about the lack of formatting. On my phone now.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tinker drove onwards to the west. Past Dr. Strong's cottage, the north side of the street gave way to marsh. Soon they reached an intersection, just past a church and graveyard on the left, with Westleton Road leading northwest and south as well as an unmarked dirt trail leading west. At this point their pursuers could barely be seen, not far past the museum.
OOC,Both of you, please roll Navigate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Unfamiliar territory, neck high in trouble and behind enemy lines, Salem wasn't quite sure where they were on the roads.
Navigate 10%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4545610/]Failure 55%[/url]
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"I wish I spent more time studying the maps..." Tinker says as she makes her decision.
Roll,Navigate versus 10% [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Neither of you can tell anything more about where these roads lead. [b]Tinker[/b], do you still want to head south?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Well my gut's tellin' me south. Though my guts also have a tendency to be in the wrong place lately... hell with it. Let's go." Tinker spins the wheel and veers the old car southwards.

Return to “Episode 4”