IC-Ep 4-Debriefing(Valerie Soames only)

The UNIT team members are split up and must flee from Dunwich for their lives. Elliot is captured by the Sea Devils and their hybrid offspring, and Brigadier Crichton organizes a raid to deal with the threat in Dunwich.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 4-Debriefing(Valerie Soames only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

UNIT HQ - London, England
8:00 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Valerie Soames drove the Land Rover up to the gatehouse of UNIT HQ, Dr. Valerie Kirby seated beside her in the shotgun seat. Lying down in the rear was the captive Sea Devil, still unconscious and tied up thoroughly. It had been a constant source of dread during the hours-long journey, and Dr. Kirby had feared that the creature would awaken, rip free of its bonds, and attack, but no such thing had happened. One of the guards, a young man in a UNIT uniform with a beret on his head who was completely clean-shaven and couldn't have been much older than eighteen stepped out of the gatehouse and approached the vehicle.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months
It’s my birthday

Re: IC-Ep 4-Debriefing(Valerie Soames only)

Post by Cearlan »

I smile broadly at the approaching young man tutting under my breath. I turn to Valerie before he can get within earshot. "These young boys - they are getting younger every day. It certainly makes me feel old, When I was young it used to be said that when policemen were looking young that one knew you were getting on a bit." I lower the window as he reaches us. "Hello again there young man, I'm Agent Valerie Soames. I'd appreciate it if you would let us through to see Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, I'm sure he'd be delighted to see me return with the good Doctor here." I add pointing to Dr Valerie Kirby. "We also have an undesirable in the back who would be waking up shortly, and I am not sure if his bonds would be enough to keep him restrained you see so a bit of haste would be appreciated. If you could phone ahead so they are ready to receive us it would be appreciated, I know the way."
OOC:   I personally am not sure if there are any other security protocols that need to be followed in order to get in - passwords, i.d.'s etc. but Val would use them if she was aware of them.  
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You mean Brigadier Crichton," said Dr. Kirby. "Lethrbridge-Stewart retired some years back, dear. He's headmaster at a boys' school now." She smiled at the soldier. "I'm Dr. Valerie Kirby, the Scientific Advisor. I'm afraid I don't have my ID on me; everything I had was taken after I was captured."

Once Valerie Soames showed her ID card to the young man, he nodded. "You'd better take the prisoner directly to the containment facility, ma'am," he said. "The Brigadier told us to be expecting you. I'll phone him as soon as you're inside. He'll probably want to meet you over there." He opened the gate and waved the Land Rover through.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Cearlan »

OOC:   Sorry, I took Brigadier Lethrbridge-Stewart from "Your career in UNIT"  
We drive down to the containment facility where as expected several other UNIT soldiers await us. "You're safe now Valerie ... or perhaps I should start calling you Dr. Kirby now that we are on 'official' footing once more. Look after yourself Valerie. I have to go back and see if I can get my friends out of Dunwich now."

I step out of the Land Rover and indicate the rear of the vehicle. "We have a gift for you ... one of the Dunwich residents who may not wish to be here. So be careful boys, he's strong and although he seemed out of it last we checked, he's a cunning brute. Is the Brigadier here, I really need to speak with him rather quickly."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Surely you can't mean to head back there on your own, Val?" said Dr. Kirby, also getting out of the vehicle. "We need to organise enough soldiers to secure Dunwich and draw up a plan. When we're ready, then you could go with them - and I'll come with too."

A squad of UNIT soldiers stood at attention outside the containment facility, led by a tall sergeant. "He's on his way, ma'am," said the sergeant. He signalled for two of his men to come forward with him, and they opened the rear door, revealing the captive Sea Devil still lying bound and unconscious across the seat. Their eyes goggled. The creature was even more disturbing than the cook had been, covered head to toe in green scales. It wore a long string mesh vest, which was probably a good thing, as it covered parts that they would really rather not see.
OOC,That's okay. I had mentioned that he was retired there, but it's easy to miss. [b]Valerie[/b], please roll Sanity (you never did take a look at the Sea Devil before). Sanity loss is 0/1d6. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, please roll Idea. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you go temporarily insane, but you don't if you fail it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Cearlan »

[dice]1[/dice]
SAN (49)

[dice]2[/dice]
SAN Loss

[dice]0[/dice]
Idea
OOC:   Not good rolling here I'm afraid ;-( Insanity here I come  
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Valerie Soames fainted dead away, but one of the strapping young men caught her in mid-swoon before she could hit the ground.

She awoke sitting in the Land Rover, with Dr. Kirby looking over her with concern. "Are you all right, Val?" she asked.

Standing behind her was Brigadier Charles Crichton. "I'm glad you're back with us, Mrs. Soames," he said. "From what Dr. Kirby has told me, you've done admirably indeed."
OOC,[b]Valerie[/b], you now have a 5% score in Cthulhu Mythos thanks to your temporary insanity, which is now over. You may roll against Cthulhu Mythos now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Cearlan »

"Wh ... Why yes Brigadier. I am quite alright thank you. It's just I had heard descriptions and seen them from a long way away,, but to see one up close for the first time like that ... well it seems to have taken my breath away for a moment. I am quite alright Val ... err I mean Dr Kirby." I hastily add, embarrassed at letting my guard slip for a moment. I smile and squeeze Valerie's hand before standing shakily on my feet, looking up to the towering Brigadier.

"As for doing admirably Brigadier, I feel that I have left my colleagues behind and that just will not do ... you see I was placed in an awkward situation, do I stay with my colleagues or bring Dr Kirby back here. I chose the latter obviously, but feel guilty because I left my friends back at Dunwich. I must go back and help them get out as well don't you see? Leave no one behind and all that, but I'm afraid I did just that Brigadier, I left some very dear people there to whatever fate has in store for them and I need to return to set that to rights. So if I may get a quick cup of strong, sweet tea to help me restore myself ... you cannot beat a good cup of tea you know - it sets the world to rights ... and I shall of course get back to Dunwich as soon as I can."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You absolutely did the right thing," said the Brigadier. "Getting Dr. Kirby back safely had to be the top priority, and you've accomplished that mission. Tea can certainly be arranged, but don't rush off back to Dunwich just yet. From what little the good doctor has told me, I gather that the Sea Devils have infiltrated and taken over Dunwich, and that's going to require a good deal of force to defeat them. I'm currently assembling a force to do just that, and I'll put a request in to the Royal Navy asking for the loan of a destroyer and a submersible. I'd like you to come with us when we're ready to move on Dunwich. Your knowledge of the town will be invaluable. Hopefully the rest of your team made it out and is already on the way here. If not, we'll find them when we go in. But we need to gather our troops and resources and draw up a battle plan first."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Cearlan »

OOC:   I give the Brigadier an overview of the layout of the village, assisted where needed by Dr Kirby so that the layout will be as familiar to them as possible. I also recount the escape from Mr Lake's property where the party first became split up and subsequent events leading to the assault on the three police fish-men on the beach and my escape with Dr Kirby.  
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"At least some of the others have escaped from Dunwich," said the Brigadier as he led the ladies to the main building. "We received a trunk call from them. Engraham, Novak, and Maddox managed to get out together."

"Oh, I wish I'd thought to do that," said Dr. Kirby. "I was just so relieved to be out of there, and so distracted thinking about it..."

"Quite all right, Dr. Kirby. Best that you didn't place a call on an unsecured line anyhow. You're back, and that's the important bit. I'll have to call Geneva as well to get authorisation for the operation we're planning, but with your intelligence convincing them should be a mere formality."

"I have much more to report about what I've discovered. I'll brief you in full after you make those calls, once I get some proper clothes on and get myself round some tea."

They entered the main heaquarters building, and Brigadier Crichton led them to Dr. Kirby's lab, where he left them. "I'll have someone bring you some tea. Come see me in my office when you're ready."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
It’s my birthday

Post by Cearlan »

After getting the tea and some very nice salmon sandwiches, we repair to the Brigadier's office in full readiness.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

While in the lab, Dr. Kirby changed into a black minidress and put a lab coat on over it. When the refreshments arrived, she also helped herself to some tea and biscuits. Now reinforced, she accompanied Valerie Soames to the Brigadier's office, where they met Chad, Leonek, and Tobias.
OOC,[b]Valerie[/b] is moving to the thread linked below.
Best Laid Plans
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”