IC-Ep 3-Onward Journey(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 3-Onward Journey(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Post by Mr. Handy »

TARDIS Control Room
In transit through time and space

The TARDIS hurtled through the Space-Time Vortex, careening through the centuries, completely out of Story's control. It seemed very much as though she did have a mind of her own, as well as a very definite idea of where she was going - which was more than her crew had. They had once again left their business unfinished and the crisis unresolved, and they had to wonder what would happen next. Had they given their allies enough help that they would be able to handle the menace in Dunwich on their own? They would probably never know.

Lucius made his way back to the swimming pool, passing various corridors that seemed to stretch off into infinity. He saw nothing like coal or chalk, but in a vessel of this size there was bound to be some somewhere. Unfortunately, it would be extremely easy to get lost in the labyrinthine passages looking for them.
OOC,Congratulations everyone on surviving the adventure! Unfortunately, there is no Sanity reward for you, as you did not resolve the situation. However, you may roll for skill increases for each of the skills you've succeeded at (marked with a red * on your character sheets). You may post your rolls in the OOC thread. Feel free to continue roleplaying and interacting in this thread if you like. It will be quite some time before the fourth adventure starts, but there may be an opportunity later for you to play in this one. Assuming at least some of the UNIT people survive and escape back to HQ, the finale of the adventure will likely be a UNIT raid on Dunwich. Each of you who wishes to will be able to create a temporary UNIT character and play him or her in what will probably be Episode 4.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Onward Journey(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Post by ImpInTraining »

If Lucius could not find something to mark on the walls with, he decided he would gather up a small collection of debris, rocks or fabric he could shred, to leave a trail that way. He began to think, "This would make an interesting story, one child... maybe two... heading out into the wilderness leaving nothing but a trail of crumbs behind to find their way... oh what strange adventure would they happen upon?" He wondered silently the same about himself.

Lucius wasn't sure what he was looking for... "Just looking for answers," he said aloud... talking to himself to soothe his nerves. The fact that his voice was echoing slightly down the cold, hard corridors didn't help much. "I'm just not sure of the questions."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Well I wonder where we are going now," says Elizabeth, relaxing a bit. "Are there clothes in the TARDIS Story? I need to change properly out of this diving gear."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smacks the TARDIS console in frustration and shakes his head in disgust. Upon hearing Elizabeth he looks up and a nods an affirmative to her. After a moment Story steps back and looks at both Elizabeth and Brook and says, "I'm sorry for my inability to control the TARDIS." Once again he shakes his head as he looks down at the console. "I just hope my decision didn't doom those men."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Oh dear," says Elizabeth glumly on hearing Story's words. "I was hoping that would work. Don't be too hard on yourself Story. We tried, and I think we helped them while we were there." She starts heading towards the interior of the TARDIS. "I'd better get out of this wet suit. Can you give me directions to the clothing area?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story flashes a faint smile at Elizabeth and says, "Through the door, take the corridor on the left than the third door on the right. Good luck...I'm not really sure what sorts of fashions you will find there." He hunches back over the console controls studying the various knobs, buttons, and levers.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius found a towel on the back of a chair by the poolside with frayed ends. It would be possible for him to gradually unravel it and leave a thread that he could follow, much like Theseus had used to navigate the Labyrinth. He didn't expect to find a minotaur in here, of course. He began his exploration, but one corridor looked much the same as another.

Following Story's directions, Elizabeth found the TARDIS wardrobe, a huge room filled with racks of various clothes. They came in all sizes and were from all eras and cultures.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook stands dripping in her wet clothes, occasionally coughing up some more water, and looks comfortingly at Story. "It's not your fault. She has a mind and a will of her own, you know. I'm not sure how we could have helped them, other than With a possible escape route, but they didn't want that. Hmm...perhaps I should change as well.." She heads after Elisabeth.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,So ya'll are changing to a wardrobe more fitting of a time and place that you don't even know yet?
Lucius was impressed. He knew the TARDIS was bigger on the inside than it looked from the outside, but he never truly appreciated just how much so. He found himself wishing "I would love to come upon a map. Maybe I should start drawing one? If only I had parchment and pen." Systematically, he began his investigation one room at a time. He would keep going right until he came back to his trail and then go back to the last intersection and try the next right.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth looks through the racks of clothes, and tries to find something in her size, preferably vaguely close in style to her own era, but not worrying too much if not. Oh and she's also looking out for reasonably practical. She'd consider trousers this time for example, for comfort and warmth, even though she was wearing a skirt with jumper before.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

ImpInTraining wrote:
ooc,So ya'll are changing to a wardrobe more fitting of a time and place that you don't even know yet?
No,Brook is changing out of her wet clothes, since she didn't have a diving suit on. I think she has some spare clothes of her own aboard, if not, she will try to find something similar. Gothy.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

ImpInTraining wrote:
OOC,Elizabeth is changing into anything really, cos she's currently wearing a wetsuit, a very wet wetsuit! But as I wrote she's hoping to find something not too dissimilar from her time. Main thing is whatever it is fits, and is hopefully practical. Blending in to the new location isn't a priority for her right now ;)
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

As Story stands alone in the console room listening to the TARDIS hum he says aloud half hoping for an answer, "I'm a Timelord and yet I can't master you." He shakes his head and continues, "My companions will eventually get frustrated with my inability to steer you through the vortex. So, will you at least make a deal with me? When my companions are ready to go home will you get them there?" He pats the console as he watches the time rotor rise and fall for a moment before finally saying, "You brought Lucius, Elizabeth, and Brook into my life. You've even sent us to places that in some way or another we were needed at. Just please don't leave us lost forever in time and space because of my navigational incompetency." Story reaches across the console and turns a knob, dimming the room's main lights as he stares at the time rotor, getting lost in its rise and fall.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The TARDIS hummed gently, as if to say she understood.

Elizabeth found a pair of blue jeans in her size, along with a green cashmere sweater and some comfortable flat shoes. Brook was able to locate black goth-looking clothes of the sort she typically wore.
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b], please roll Luck. [b]Brook[/b] hasn't had First Aid yet for the 1 HP she lost when she started drowning. Anyone may try First Aid to heal it, including [b]Brook[/b] herself. [b]Elizabeth[/b], if you roll First Aid, use the old value of your skill, as the increase doesn't take effect until the next adventure. If anyone else succeeds at a First Aid roll, that counts as a successful skill check, so you'll get a chance at an increase ([b]Elizabeth[/b] already got her increase).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles, seeing the clothes she has found. She changes into them, drying herself off thoroughly in between. She twirls round on the spot, and seems pleased with the result.

Seeing Brook arrive she grins. "Are you going to change too?" But then she notices that the girl is still struggling from her close shave in the water. She tries to help her, but can't quite manage it. "Oh dear, you poor thing. Hopefully one of the others will know more what to do. At least now you are safe in the TARDIS."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook smiles weakly. "Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm just coughing up some excess water. You look great, by the way! Nice legs, to. Yes, I'm gonna change out of these wet ones before I catch another cough." Her smile broadens when she finds suitable clothes, and she dries off and gets changed.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Luck - fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4423252/]Luck (40%) (1d100=63)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius tried one door after another, but the rooms he found were incomprehensible, containing devices far beyond his ken, and no sign of any parchment or pen.
OOC,[b]Brook[/b], you may try First Aid on yourself if you like. Even if nobody succeeds, you'll be fully healed by the time the next adventure starts, but this gives you a chance to increase your First Aid skill if you succeed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles at Brook's comment. "Thank you! And I'm pleased that you found something to suit you too. Shall we head back to the control room? I hope Story isn't feeling too bad."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius is smart enough to know better than to tinker with objects that he doesn't understand, so he just keeps wandering along - leaving the trail behind him.

Return to “Episode 3”