IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dunwich Beach - Dunwich, England
2:35 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Leonek drove down the street to the phone booth, where Raymond and Salem squeezed into the vehicle. With it now fully loaded, he turned around and drove back to the beach. Luckily the Land Rover had four-wheel drive, so it had no problem going over the sandy, rocky surface. Leonek made his way back down the beach and pulled up past Horsham's shack, close to where the land came to an end at the base of the cliffs. The small boat was right where they had left it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Fury From the Deep(Everyone else)

Post by DrPeterson »

"We should takes some paddles from the shack. And if Horsham is in, we should try to subdue him, but allow him the chance to get away. If he's innocent, he'll run to the police and that should attract sufficient attention from the fishmen. If he's with them, he'll put all those bad guys on our tail, giving the other a chance to liberate Dr. Kirby. Well, that's what I'd suggest anyway..."

Leonek stops the engine and shifts in his seat, his drying underwear causing him some discomfort, although Elizabeth's presence seems to be more unnerving.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Tobias sees Leonek shifting uncomfortably and is reminded, "Gee, I feel almost naked without a weapon; are we really going in empty handed?"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Anything you don't have you can find in the field. Anything you can't find you didn't need anyway," as Salem looks towards Tobias in a reassuring manner.

Salem adds to Leonek's statement, "Don't forget about lifejackets!"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad tries to reassure Tobias. "Don't worry old boy. I've still got my trusty Luger, so not totally empty handed."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem raises an eyebrow, "A Luger? That's quite the antique you're handling there. I hear they run for quite a bit of cash these days, especially after the Second World War." Salem rummages around in his satchel and hands two 9mm magazines to Chad, "I imagine you must've paid an arm and a leg for it," Salem closely studies Chad's scars, "...And your face as well," Salem gives a timid smile, as he jumps out the cramped car and move towards Horsham's shack.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias barely disguises his disgust, "Bloody hell, what an organisation." He mutters, but only Lucius and Story, sitting next to him, overhear. He awaits his turn and then jumps down onto the sand.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story merely smiles at Tobias and patiently awaits his turn to exit the vehicle. His thoughts dwell on the violence that is sure to occur in the moments to come.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

One by one, the group emerged from the Land Rover.
OOC,The magazines don't fit the Luger, but the bullets could be extracted manually and loaded into an empty Luger magazine (if it becomes empty). Everyone approaching the shack may roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek leaves the engine running and gets out of the car, making towards the shack.
Listen 45% success!,[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek Novak,[b]Leonek[/b] could hear someone moving around inside the shack.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Listen 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,InvisibleCastle is down :[
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story walks over to the shack with the others.
Listen 34%,[dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story,[b]Story[/b] could hear someone moving around inside the shack. From the sound of the footsteps, whoever it was walked with a shuffling gait.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek slowed down, signalling to the others that there was one individual in the shack. He then proceeded to make a gun with his hands, quietly suggesting the people with the guns go inside.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias shrugs and falls to the back of the group. He scans the surrounding area and the sea.
rolls,Listen = 53 Spot Hidden = 64 (fails) (I used D&Moody but haven't learnt how to get the links for the rolls yet, sorry)
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth walks with the others, and seeing Leonek's signal makes sure that she is really quiet. She looks around for any sign of life, or anyone watching or following them.
OOC,Trying Listen roll (stat 34%) [dice]0[/dice]
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook also proceeds with caution as Leonek signals.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem follows Leonek's lead, however, as he crouches down to stay alert, a stabbing pain spreads in his upper body from the drowning incident, and leaves Salem uncomfortable.
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by MikeTheMoose »

roll listen,IC is down, you'll have to trust me. (Rummages through mansions of madness to find his ten sided die. ) 69 fail
After taking the extra magazines Chad follows the others out of the Rover. After freeing himself from the crowded vehicle he once again readies his pistol. He looks at the shack briefly sizing up the geography and architecture to determine how best to make a tactical approach that would accomplish their goals. The resident may be disposed to flee, then again maybe not. They needed not to suffer casualties over the simple.
ooc,I'm having a hard time visualizing our approach. Can I get a scene description? I don't remember ever coming here

Return to “Episode 3”