IC-Ep 2-Afloat in a Boat(Salem only)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-Afloat in a Boat(Salem only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cliff Base- Dunwich, England
2:00 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Salem Shields waited in the boat while Leonek vanished into the dark tunnel.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Afloat in a Boat(Salem only)

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem checks his watch, "Wow, time went by pretty fast." Salem ties the rope around the seat of the boat, and picks up the fishing rod and examines its mechanism.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Salem[/b], please roll Spot HIdden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4246389/]Success 8%[/url]
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Several minutes after Leonek had gone into the undersea cave, Salem saw a large humanoid form emerge from the tunnel. At first he'd thought it must be Leonek returning, but taking a closer look quickly destroyed that illusion. His keen eyes made out every appalling detail. This creature was larger than Leonek, larger than any human being he'd ever met. It was at least eight feet tall, with green scaly skin. It wore a long mesh vest that looked like it was made of string, silver in color. Its huge webbed hands ended in sharp claws, but it was the face that was the most disturbing part. Its features seemed more a combination of species than any one in particular. It had large, bulging eyes and gills on its neck, and it resembled a cross between a fish, a frog, and a turtle. Salem knew a lot about biology, but he'd never heard of anything even remotely like this. The creature looked like it was half man, half fish, and all ugly. The hideous abomination was following the course of the rope, and it was heading right for the boat!
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d6, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed or 1d6 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, roll Idea. If you fail the Idea roll, you may act freely. However, if you succeed, you will go temporarily insane. As long as you do not go insane, you may act.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"That's cute," as Salem's sangfroid composure was masking the fear that awoke in the back of his head. Pulling the pistol out of his back pocket, Salem reclines back into the boat and steadily aims toward the direction of where the rope begins. Salem has done a lot of dumb things in his life, but going to an underground cave on a impulse reaction, was certainly on top of that list.
Sanity Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4247087/]Success: 56%[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Do you want to fire? If so, you can get off one shot in the current round, and you can get another one at the start of the second round before the creature reaches the boat. You can go ahead and make both Handgun rolls if you like, and you can also roll damage for each shot that hits (though it will have a chance to Dodge). The damage is 1d10 per bullet, though a roll of 4 or less to hit will be an impale that does 2d10 damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,Judging from my Spot Hidden, was I able to tell if the creature knows my presence? Or did I need to roll a Psychology roll? I'm trying to see if I can wait for the creature to emerge and investigate the rope lining or even the side of the boat, and I pop up and surprise him with a couple point blank shots.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It doesn't seem to have seen you yet. If you want to try that, you'll get one shot off before the creature can act, but it will be point blank, which will double your effective Handgun skill to 40%. The creature will also be unable to roll Dodge for that shot.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem lied inside the boat and controlled his breathing. He had little training with any sort of firearms, he never really understood why you squeeze the trigger instead of pulling the trigger, they both seem synonymous to him. Salem patiently waits, with a death grip on the pistol.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Before long, a claw gripped the gunwale, followed by another. Then the monster's torso and head surfaced, and it loomed over Salem's prone form...

Story
JAYSUN81
MIKETHEMOOSE

Elizabeth Young
YOCKENTHWAITE

Lucuus Verres
IMPINTRAINING

Brook Davies
THORN

Chad Engraham
SSIOR.27
MIKETHEMOOSE

Leonek Novak
DRPETERSON

Raymond MacIntyre
CRACKHEADC.
SHROUDEYE

Tobias Maddox
AINE

Dr. Salem Shields
DETECTIVESOCKS

Elliot Webb
WINTERWILLOW
BENTHERAT

Valerie Soames
MSKATONIC

Zeke Baker
MR. HANDY

Annie Howard
MR. HANDY

Repairman
MR. HANDY

Amelia Cressy
MR. HANDY

Bartender
MR. HANDY

Horsham
MR. HANDY

Waitress
MR. HANDY

Y'Hali
MR. HANDY

Kal'ee
MR. HANDY

Title music by
RON GRAINER and
BBC RADIOPHONIC
WORKSHOP

Designer
MR. HANDY

Producer
MR. HANDY

Directed by
MR. HANDY
OOC,[b]Salem[/b] is moving to the thread linked below.
In Too Deep
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”