IC-Ep 2-Joining Forces(Everyone else)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-Joining Forces(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ship Inn - Dunwich, England
1:40 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Story, Elizabeth, Lucius, and Brook entered the pub at the back of the inn just as Raymond was leaving. They saw Chad, Tobias, Elliot, and Valerie all gathered together drinking. The decorations continued the nautical theme seen in the lobby. There were several tables, only a few of which were occupied. Customers would choose a table before placing their orders at the counter and giving their table numbers. The barman was a dark haired man in his forties with a curled mustache. He brought a second round of drinks to the visitors.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Joining Forces(Everyone else)

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius had pulled Story aside before going further into the Inn to comment quietly in a private conversation, "Story, perhaps after we are done here, gods willing, we pilot to a destination where we can secure a financial windfall that no one will miss, say a sunken ship full of treasure that was never recovered. That way we won't be having these problems regarding local funds. We just hit one of these ... what are they called... antique shop? Trade in an object for some locally accepted currency and go on our way. Certainly, there has to be something like that in your records, right?" He looked at the barkeep and (still speaking to Story) said "I've noticed most store/tavern keepers are a bit expectant of a purchase of some sort if we are to spend some time inside their confines. It is hard to do that when we are as destitute as beggars."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Tobias looks up as the newcomers enter the inn. He nudges Elliott and whispers to everyone around the table, "Look, it's those people again. You don't suppose they are from another organisation like UNIT do you - under cover? They don't look military but then they don't look like tourists either; I suppose the old dude could be a scientist like Dr. Kirkby. Maybe we should investigate; there's obviously something fishy going on in this town and I bet they're wrapped up in it somehow; they look too odd."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

The dark haired teen girl dressed in a black, goth dress and boots, looks around the interior as the group enter, and nods a little to the gang from the museum when she spots them. With a smile, she strides purposefully towards their table, and pulls a chair from another table to sit. "So, whodunnit, then?" she leans forward, asking conspiratorically. Then she grins, sits back down, and says:"Tea?"
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes please," says Elizabeth, following Brook and sitting down beside her. "Nice to see you all again," she says to the group around the table.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot calls the waitress over, "a round for our friends here as well. We keep bumping into each other, such a small town I guess. So what brings you to Dunwich?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks over to where Story and Lucius stopped in the doorway, talking. She nods towards them. "Uhm....he did. But I guess the weird marine biology had something to do with it. It usually does."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

At this pub, orders were placed by going up to the counter and telling the barkeep your table number, so this is what Elliot did. The barman poured the drinks, and a waitress brought them around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Yea what he said
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by MikeTheMoose »

As the new guests walk up to the bar Chad wearily takes a gulp of ale while pretending not to take much notice of the conversation. Unsure what to make of these "Tourists"...
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias catches Chad's eye and raises his eyebrow. He gets up and brings over two more chairs to the table, one of which he carries quite awkwardly. "Here you go mister." He drawls in an American accent to the newly arrived gentlemen. Then he sits back down and drinks his beer, surreptitiously sizing the 'tourists' up.
ooc,Roll for gaining unobvious/unusual insight on the new people [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4222576/]1d100=3[/url]
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at Lucius and says, "Quite right. However, the TARDIS has a mind of her own...so I can't really say when we will find some treasure but give it time...she will get us there. Of course first we have got to find her." Upon seeing Brook nod he returns the gesture and smiles at her. "We really should join our friends...we don't want the others to grow suspicious of us."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tobias Maddox,It seemed to [b]Tobias[/b] that none of them fit in here. [b]Story[/b] was the strangest of the lot, and he seemed the eccentric type. In fact, he reminded him of [b]Raymond[/b] in some ways. The woman seemed a bit old-fashioned and appeared to be the intellectual type. The girl was quite unusual and looked like she was enjoying herself. The other man had some odd turns of speech and seemed sort of lost, in a way - as well as a bit fearful.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Ta," Brook says when her tea arrives. She warms her hands on the cup and looks curiously at the others. She opens her mouth, then closes it again, waiting for Story and Lucius to arrive at the table.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded to Story quietly, "Right. Well... we are dangerously low on funds right now. I'm not sure this community welcomes a bartering exchange. But I'm sure you have something in mind." He flourished his right hand forward allowing Story to take the lead to the table within.

As Lucius walks to the table, his hands are clasped behind his back, and he strides forth quite rigidly, looking almost down his nose at the other tables as he passes. He doesn't mean to be a prude, but it's just how he is. He glanced around the table where Elizabeth and Brook were sitting and bowed slightly offering, "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Pleasure meeting you all once again."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias nods to the newcomers. "Hi, we didn't get introduced earlier at the museum, I'm Maddox; Tobias Maddox. This is my friend Chad, and this lady is Valerie and her nephew Elliott." He doesn't particularly smile but he seems welcoming enough. "Are you guys local?"
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Not exactly," smiles Elizabeth wryly. "You could say we're travellers, though having said that we always seem to be end up somewhere really *interesting* don't we Story?" she says, turning to him and grinning.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

As he nears the table and hears Elizabeth's question Story lets out a chuckle and says, "Yes, it does indeed seem that way." He flashes a smile at Elizabeth and then looks at Tobias and says, "We wouldn't have it any other way. Interesting is what makes life worth living. Interesting is where the adventure is." Seriousness over took Story's face as he said, "Tell me Tobias, have you ever been near a living horror? A horror so terrifying that most people are blessed to only dream of them? Have you ever felt the breath of those that which shall not be named tickle your neck?" A big toothy smile fills Story's face deflating the dread he was stirring. "Now that my friend...that's interesting." Extending his hand he says, "The name is Story; Professor Story." He winks and continues, "It's a pleasure to meet you." Looking at Lucius for a moment before returning his attention to Tobias he says, "Here's the thing chap...some of our equipment has been stolen and our funds were with it." Looking at Elliot he says, "The girls are famished...as are the men. So I appreciate you, how do you say it, doing us a solid, and buying some drinks." The big toothy smile returns yet again.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias looks at the aging hippy. "You weren't so friendly in the bar earlier when you were scoffing that whisky." He says bluntly. "We don't do charity I'm afraid, especially for scaremongers, and yes, I have been near a living horror; I saw one just this afternoon in fact." He relents, casts a questioning look at Raymond and says, "But we have a tab running and could fit a few more drinks in for ... friends ... if you like." He signals to the barman.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks from Story to Tobias, then towards the windows when he speaks of charity. She smiles wryly to Elliott and his little old aunt, feeling she knows them a little from the visit to mr. Soames.

Return to “Episode 2”