IC-Ep 2-Return to the Inn(Chad/Ray/Tobias/Elliot/Valerie)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 2-Return to the Inn(Chad/Ray/Tobias/Elliot/Valerie)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ship Inn - Dunwich, England
1:30 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Chad, Raymond, Tobias, Elliot, and Valerie entered the lobby of the Ship Inn, where Annie Howard was still behind the counter. Elliot headed upstairs, where he could see that the new door to Room 104 was now installed and stood open, but the hideous handyman was still there, sanding it. The door lock was standard, just like the locks on the other rooms. It shouldn't be too much a problem for someone with his skills to get it open, even with Valerie's hairpin.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Return to the Inn(Chad/Ray/Tobias/Elliot/Valerie

Post by Shroudeye »

Raymond gave a large smile in the direction of Annie Howard and gave a slight nod as he attempted to pile into the lobby along with his companions. "Do any of you wish to go to your rooms first to freshen up?" he asked to the group. "I can get us some seating at the bar if you want while you go do whatever it is you need to do." he smiled again, this was a playful one, one of a comical nature meant to lighten the mood.
Raymond Macintyre,Player: Shroudeye (formerly played by CrackheadC.) Name: Raymond MacIntyre Age: 28 Sex: Male Occupation: UNIT Technical Advisor Current Residence: UNIT HQ, London Colleges, Degrees: Oxford, Physics and Chem M.Sc. Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA Home Era: 1985
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot walks on by, ignoring the handyman as I make my way to my room. I enter my room, make sure nothings been disturbed, spend about 5 minutes, then head back down to the bar to meet up with Raymond and have a drink.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Your room is ready," Annie told Valerie, handing her two keys. "It's Room 101. Top of the stairs, to the right, first door on the left."

Valerie thanked Annie and followed Elliot upstairs, where she gave him his key. They went into Room 101, which was fairly small and was pretty standard fare. The room contained two single beds, a small writing desk and chair located near the door, and a window. The door had a chain lock and a small sign hanging from the knob inside the room that read "Do Not Disturb." The room also had a cramped bathroom with a combination shower/bathtub, a toilet, and a sink. The room also had a connecting door in the right wall that led to Room 103, though the door was shut and locked.
OOC,Your room wasn't actually ready yet when you were here this morning, so you've never been in it before.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Tobias spends a bit of time outside the hotel getting some fresh air, just in case he is being watched but also because he can't face the stuffy (in more than one sense) hotel just yet. eventually, he walks through the door and goes up to Annie. "Is my room ready yet - Annie?" He smiles bravely while rubbing his head. He says to Raymond, "I was going to lie down but now that you mention it, I think a beer might work instead. See if they have anything American."
OOC,Raymond, Tobias is also American. So far, he has been a grumpy git and a loner; he is a new to UNIT and is there as a technical advisor.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Annie grins back. "I'm sorry, Tobias," she said to him, "it's not ready yet. The door's been installed, but it's still being sanded down, and then it needs to be painted. Check back around six, like I said. The paint should be dry by then."
OOC,[b]Tobias[/b] is [b]Raymond[/b]'s new assistant.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

"Tobias, you do not feel well? Perhaps you should skip the drink and get some rest then? No? Ok well then let me gets us something as close to home as one can in this bathtub they call Dunwich shall we?" Raymond, sometimes called Ray by his close associates, motioned over to the bartender and asked for anything particularly American to drink and if not, something they would suggest in a beer that was close to what he wanted. While they waited, he leaned closer to Tobias speaking in hushed tones. "Ya know that I think we may make some progress if we do a certain looky-lou on a certain quack while safely away and peeping from a distance. What ya think my friend? Set up some nice equipment and do a bit of cloak and dagger?" Raymond did his best improvisation of the theme song of mission impossible, not caring if he hurt some eardrums while hitting awful off-key notes.
Raymond Macintyre,Player: Shroudeye (formerly played by a few losers) [img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/vivamort/9238515d-7f32-499e-a6f7-77099636633c_zpsa8ebb785.jpg~original[/img] [b]Name: Raymond MacIntyre Age: 28 Sex: Male Occupation: UNIT Technical Advisor Current Residence: UNIT HQ, London Colleges, Degrees: Oxford, Physics and Chem M.Sc. Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA Home Era: 1985[/b]
Last edited by Shroudeye on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad looks around indecisively then responds to Raymond somewhat wearily as he follows him into the Hotel lounge. "I think I'll join you Raymond. After all that's gone on today, I'm afraid if I see a bed the sirens call of rest will be too great. Besides I'm interested in if you found out anything interesting on your little excursion." Chad approaches Tobias and Raymond.
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Raymond motions to Chad, urging his forward and to join them at the bar, pointing to his left side, to a seat he had placed his coat over to save it, although he did not think it was needed but he di that anyway. "Chad, we were just discussing a little nightly tourism, to get some pretty pictures of dark places if ya know what I mean." He winked at Chad and smiled, half hoping he had no clue what he was babbling about, just for fun to take some of the edge off...
Raymond Macintyre,Player: Shroudeye (formerly played by a few losers) [img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/vivamort/9238515d-7f32-499e-a6f7-77099636633c_zpsa8ebb785.jpg~original[/img] [b]Name: Raymond MacIntyre Age: 28 Sex: Male Occupation: UNIT Technical Advisor Current Residence: UNIT HQ, London Colleges, Degrees: Oxford, Physics and Chem M.Sc. Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA Home Era: 1985[/b]

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chad, Raymond, and Tobias made their way to the restaurant and bar in the rear of the inn. The lunch crowd was thinning out, so there was plenty of room. Before long, Elliot and Valerie returned from upstairs and joined them. The bartender poured a Budweiser for Raymond and slid it across the bar to him after he paid for it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot gets a drink for him and Valerie, "here you go Auntie." Once he settled in with the rest of the UNIT group. "So have we actually found out anything?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Raymond pays for his drink and then passes it to Tobias since it is of American manufacture. "What does everyone want to drink? Eat something perhaps?" Ray said with a flourish as he welcomed in his associates to the bra area which was becoming crowded as more came through and took a seat. Ray looked at Elliot for a brief moment. "Well I was just remarking that I think we should get some more information about the Doctor. He seemed particularly deceptive when asked some fairly routine questions in my opinion. I think a call to U.N.I.T. would be in order to procure some surveillance equipment. What say you? Any useful information on your end?" Raymond asked as he grabbed the attention of the barkeep for another round.

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot gets a quizzical look on his face, "Do you mean Professor Story? Sure he's a bit odd as are his companions, but I also think they just got here. Probably Yank tourists, I don't think they were involved. My highest priority is to get in and search her old room, maybe she left us a clue in there somewhere."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Raymond looks at Elliot eye to eye and smiles. He spoke softer now, almost just mouthing the words "Dr. Richard Strong". He was barely audible, not wanting to attract anymore unwanted attention to the matter of their investigations. Tourists should not stand out this much as it were, he thought to himself. "If you think a room check is in order, please do so. We are all in this together. "

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot looking a bit embarrased, "My bad, Amelia just mentioned him briefly as being one of the elders here. What can you tell us about him?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

"Nothing much really." said Raymond in a matter-of-fact tone. "This is why I was suspect of the Good Doctor. He was omitting something or at least I suspect he is holding something back from us. I could be wrong though and this is why I want to call in some equipment to aid in finding out what we need to know." He then took a swig of his beer. It was warm of course, no one in Dunwich had ice for some reason.

MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad lowers his voice. "I think I catch your drift Raymond. I'm not convinced everyone in this town knows about the more interesting goings on around them. So certainly we are unlikely to find anything parading around in the plain sight of day. I was thinking if anyone had an edge on what we're looking to find out it would be the good doctor"
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Tobias accepts his 'Bud' gratefully and takes a swig. "Thanks Sir. I mean, Ray. I can't believe I lost all my equipment in the smash, talk about bad luck. There's a callbox outside the hotel if we want to contact UNIT for more gear." In a low voice he says, "Well, it looks like I've got that room with the broken door so I'm looking forward to investigating that room rather carefully. As it may well have been Dr. Kirkby's. I couldn't get the name of that gruesome handyman but he's local. Also, I left the window to the museum offices slightly ajar so we can always get back in tonight - although I had a quick rifle though the files and didn't find much. There was some documents on an important local family called the Barnes who had been Mayors of London and involved against the Spanish Armada. Oh, and I checked out about hereditary diseases but only found the Black Death here. Mind you, I didn't have much time."

He drinks some more beer, "Oh, and I might have a date with the lovely Miss Howard at 6pm. So if I need to ask her anything specific, let me know."
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

He looked at Tobias with a renewed sense of respect. This man is a credit to his profession and a great asset to U.N.I.T. Raymond only smiled though, listening intently to the updated information that was seemingly useful. "Hmm." Ray said as he contemplated the next move. "A date you say? It that case let us take a brief stroll to the callbox and get you some new clothes for your date!"

MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad reflected upon the day and the lost Helicopter, and sighed heavily. He could think of few greater professional failures than a pilot losing one's aircraft during a routine operation. Worse yet having killed the ground crew and injured his team. The fact, again a Helicopter, so much like the last time, it weighed down upon him. This time it was his fault.

He turns to Raymond "You mind if I get myself an ale? I could really use a pint of the ole Boddingtons right now."

Chad's mind darts back to the purpose of the trip, the medical anomaly....

"So Raymond, were you planning to do something with the after hours this evening or did you want to wait?"

Return to “Episode 2”