IC-Ep 2-Together Again(Everyone else)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-Together Again(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dunwich Museum- Dunwich, England
1:10 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

The bell above the door tinkled yet again, and Story walked inside. He could see Elizabeth, Lucius, and Brook at the back of the museum, chatting with Amelia Cressy. He also noticed that Valerie and Elliot were here, as were two men he hadn't met before (Chad and Raymond).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: IC-Ep 2-Together Again(Everyone else)

Post by yockenthwaite »

Hearing the bell tinkle Elizabeth turns round, and sees Story enter, and smiles. "We are nearly at the end of our tour," she says to him. "We have been learning much about Dunwich's history." Turning back to Amelia she asks "I don't remember you mentioning the Barne family before. Apologies if you did. Is their old manor house very old, and is it still standing?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's been around for centuries, and, yes, it still stands," Amelia told Elizabeth. "Bertie Lake, the son of the late Josiah Lake, owns it now and lives there with his family. It's private property, and they don't much like visitors, but you can see it from the road if you go down Monastery Hill. If you go out the museum door and turn right, you can turn right at the intersection past the inn and follow the road. It's a short distance past the Priory Cottage where Virgil Soames lives. There will be a driveway leading off to the right, and you'll be able to see the old manor house at the end of it." She smiled at Story. "Welcome back, sir. Yes, our tour is just about concluded now, but I'm here to answer questions if you have any."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad to Amelia:
"Josiah Lake must have been pretty important to the town to come by a historic manor such as that. Is there anything here in the museum about Josiah Lake's contributions to Dunwich? "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, unfortunately," Amelia answered. "I'm afraid the last forty years are a bit too recent to be covered by the museum's exhibits. Captain Lake was important, a respected war hero. He was also very wealthy, which is how he was able to afford to buy the manor house from the Barnes."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story returns the smile to Elizabeth and looks at Amelia as she speaks. In response to her question Story says, "I'll just listen and collect my thoughts for the moment." He looks over at Lucius and Brook and smiles upon seeing that everyone is safe.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Elliot speaks up, "I sure hope you found whatever it was you lost. It was a nice tour you missed here. I'm sorry I'm not sure I caught your name."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook smiles at Story and gives a little wave. Remembering that the TARDIS is still lost, her smile falters, and she looks concerned to her other companions.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth sees Brooks's concern and reaches out to squeeze her hand. "It will be ok, don't worry."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at Elliot and says, "Oh that's okay. Perhaps you didn't hear when your aunt and I made introductions, I'm Professor Story." Briefly looks at Brook before returning his attention to Elliot. "Sadly I haven't found that which is lost. But it's only a matter of time...it always is." Looks around the museum before again looking at Elliot. "I imagine it was quite a good tour but luckily my friends were able to catch it."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by MikeTheMoose »

Chad a bit crestfallen says, "Oh that's too bad, I was hoping to learn a little bit more about Lake."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded to Story, glad to see he had made it in one piece. He said "There doesn't seem to be any reference here to the legends about which Mr. Soames wrote. Most likely just large embellishments of the stories mothers told their children so they would behave. The fact that the city had fallen into the sea is still intriguing, and even more so now that I recognize a lot of the architecture used in their old buildings. It would be fascinating to swim about the submerged city - but probably too deep for such a thing without some air-hose."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story turns to Lucius and says, "Sometimes the things under the waves are best left alone. After all I was recently told that the water was dangerous...especially to divers."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It can be, yes," said Amelia. "If you want to find out more about Josiah Lake and how he became prominent, there are still people in town old enough to remember. Dr. Strong lives just down the street. Zeke Baker knows all kinds of things. This time of day, he's usually fishing. And of course Virgil Soames would have things to say, but he's hardly an unbiased source."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Well we've spoken to Zeke Baker, and Virgil Soames already," muses Elizabeth. "Maybe we should go and talk to Dr Strong?" she ponders, turning to Story and the other TARDIS companions.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Professor Story, that's right. I think I did hear that. I'm sorry." Elliot responds. "You know I've heard sometimes museums have strange collections of artifacts that they won't put in a regular displays because it throws off the narrative of the story they are telling. Somethings more along the lines of Mr.Soames stories."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes, I've heard that too," says Elizabeth in response to Elliot. Turning to Amelia she continues "Is there anything like that here, perhaps something particularly interesting?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius shrugged to Story's comment about divers. Seemed to him there was danger everywhere... the water couldn't be too much different.

When Elliot and Elizabeth press Amelia about more bizarre museum artifacts, Lucius tunes his attention in on that as well. "Or ... perhaps someone has offered something that just didn't quite fit in and was turned away?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, there's nothing like that here," said Amelia with a grin. "This isn't exactly the British Museum. Everything we have is on display, and we don't turn down any artifacts that someone finds or donates. If it's an authentic part of Dunwich history, it belongs here. Now, Mr. Soames sometimes talks about lost treasures beneath the waves, but if he's ever found any, he never showed them to me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well you know us conspiracy types, always looking. Thank you so much for the tour." Elliot strolls into the gift shop and grabs one of the small cameras. He takes a minute to look for anything else that might be useful to replace the gear he lost in the 'helicopter landing'. "How much for the camera?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Episode 2”