IC-Ep 2-Tourists(Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Chad/Raymond/Salem)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: IC-Ep 2-Tourists(Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Chad/Raymond/Sal

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes, how about tea at the inn in 45 minutes or so?" says Elizabeth. "I would like to see around the museum, and we are here now."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Well, we have the tour to finish ourselves actually, so how about we stick it out and leave together." Raymond turns and gives Ms. Cressey a smile, trying to be non-nonchalant about their conversation, "if that is alright with you of course."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, of course," said Amelia, seeming a bit distracted. "Shall I start over with the Roman exhibits, for the sake of our new arrivals, or do you want me to pick up again where I left off?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Excuse me fellas, I think I'll head back to the Ship Inn". Salem leaned in towards Chad and Raymond so Amelia was out of an earshot, "our colleagues are still waiting at the Ship Inn so I'll keep in touch with them". Salem glanced at the newly found allies and thought to himself, 'what a strange ragtag bunch of misfits', he wasn't too sure what to judge these characters as they seemed more out of place than himself and his friends. 'Too convenient' Salem thought to himself.

"Amelia would you mind if I look at the giftshop for a moment? It'd only take a second of your time, I promise".
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Um, Roman would be good," says Elizabeth, looking for a moment towards Lucius. Although she wonders if he'll pick up on all the inaccuracies!
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond gives Salem a nod to go and keep up with the others, "Yes starting again at Roman history won't be trouble at all."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sure," said Amelia, turning to Elizabeth, Brook, and Lucius. "Excuse me. I'll be back in a bit to begin the tour." She led Salem over to the gift shop. "Is there something here that strikes your fancy?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Disposable camera, a lighter or matches, and do you happen to have a tacky coffee mug that says Dunwich across it or something?" Salem eyes lit up as he passed through the giftshop. "Oh! A few postcards, a pen and notebook would be terrific as well".
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded politely to Salem as he departed and looked to the others when they suggested the Roman exhibit. "Ah... yes. That would be nice."
Museum question,Wasn't this a local museum housing historical artifacts relevant to the place at hand? Had no idea it was large enough to have a Roman exhibit.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

(The Romans controlled parts of Britain from 43 AD to the year 410, so there's many Roman findings in museums there. As well as Viking stuff.)

Brook strolls along to the Roman exhibit, wondering if she'll recognize anything from her time in ancient Rome.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Our mugs are not tacky," said Amelia to Salem, "but we do have some." She gathered a disposable camera, a lighter, a mug with a picture of an anchor that said "Dunwich" on it, a selection of postcards, a notebook with an aerial picture of Dunwich on the cover, and a pen with nautical designs and "Dunwich" on it. She put all of these things into a gift bag with similar designs, which she placed on the counter. "That will be seven pounds fifty, please."

Elizabeth, Lucius, and Brook examined the Roman exhibits, which were closest to the door. There was a model of a Roman fort in a glass case. Lucius could see that the fortifications looked like standard Roman ones. Not far from the model was a tall display case containing a variety of Roman artifacts, including a small silver coin and a helmet. Lucius could not recognize the face of the man on the coin, but the inscription referred to him as Hadrian. The helmet was missing its crest. The artifacts did look vaguely familiar to Lucius, but there was something about their style that was indefinably different.
OOC,[b]Elizabeth[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], please roll History. [b]Lucius[/b], I'm afraid this is after your time. This is a local museum with artifacts that are historically relevant to Dunwich, but it was once a major city and center of commerce, and before that it was the site of a Roman fort. There are Viking exhibits here too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC pass history roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4037665/]Rolling History (stat 70%) on looking at the Roman exhibits in Dunwich museum (1d100=34)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] of course recognized Hadrian as the name of a Roman Emperor in the early Second Century AD, known for the construction of Hadrian's Wall. The coin was a Roman denarius, minted during his reign. The helmet looked like a standard legionary's helmet. Normally the crest indicated the soldier's rank. A regular legionary would have a crest that went front to back like a mohawk, but a centurion would have a crest that went left and right instead. The fact that it was missing was not a surprise, as it would not have been likely to survive all this time, but it made it impossible to tell the soldier's rank.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem produces the correct amount of change and passes the money towards Amelia, "thanks very much Amelia".
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"That's a second century Roman coin," says Elizabeth to the others. "Emperor Hadrian, he who built the wall to keep out us Scots!" She laughs. "Looks like a legionary's helmet. No crest though, so we can't tell the soldier's rank."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius eyed the artifacts curiously. 2nd century... Lucius had come to realize with their travels that there was a defining point in time where they used as a 0 point, although he didn't really understand all the nuances behind this mysterious Jesus of Nazareth and why he should be a defining point. Surely, the defining point should have been the rise of the Roman culture since it was so influential across the lands. But it didn't matter much one way or another, he guessed. He did know that 2nd century must have been after his time. The Romans had managed to secure this area at some point, and from what he gathered over various conversations... Romans were quite a global power. He wondered where they failed and why they had been diminished to an almost forgotten culture with a dead language.

"These aren't like the ones I remember," Lucius said matter-of-factly looking at the helmet. "Similar, yet subtly different. I just can't put my finger on what is so different about them." He pointed to the coin and asked Elizabeth, "Was Hadrian an Emperor from the 2nd century as well?"
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes, in the first half of the second century AD," says Elizabeth. "So about 200 years after the time you're more familiar with. He travelled widely, and if I remember correctly he was a good emperor. He also favoured Greek fashions." She pauses to peer more closely at the coin, before continuing: "Look, you can almost make out the beard in his image on the coin."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond simply followed along with the others until the tour caught up to their last point, but listened to the newcomers' discussion.

"Wow, I am quite impressed Ms. Elizabeth. You seem to really know your history. Never really picked up on it honest, sort of funny considering... but it was never my strong suit."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're quite welcome, sir," said Amelia, ringing up the sale and handing the gift bag to Salem. "Thank you, and please come again." She came out from behind the counter and joined the group around the Roman exhibits, smiling at Elizabeth. "You are quite the historian, Miss. It's always a pleasure to meet someone so knowledgeable. You could probably do my job if you wanted. Of course, it doesn't pay anything."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'm a schoolteacher, so used to low pay," laughs Elizabeth. "But yes, I'm a history teacher, and studied history and archaeology for my degree. So seeing all this is a real treat for me. But I'm sure there will be much still for me to learn. I only know a little about Dunwich already."

Return to “Episode 2”