IC-Ep 2-Bottoms Up(Story/Leonek/Tobias/Valerie/Elliot)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-Bottoms Up(Story/Leonek/Tobias/Valerie/Elliot)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ship Inn - Dunwich, England
11:50 AM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Story walked into the Ship Inn, and the woman at the front desk pointed out which door led to the cozy, typically English pub he found within. The decorations continued the nautical theme seen in the lobby. There were several tables, only a few of which were occupied. Customers would choose a table before placing their orders at the counter and giving their table numbers. The barman was a dark haired man in his forties with a curled mustache, and he stood behind the oak counter, polishing it with a rag. A man was standing at the counter, talking to him. Story saw Valerie and Elliot seated at a table near the window. Another man was seated with them that he didn't recognize.

Valerie and Elliot noticed Story enter the pub. So did Leonek and Tobias, though they had not seen him before.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Bottoms Up(Story/Leonek/Tobias/Valerie/Elliot)

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek looked up at the newcomer and then turned back to Valerie and Elliot.

"So, have you seen some interesting things in town, babushka? We have only just arrived here and would like to find some nice things to look into."

It turned outLeonekwasn't really good at this casual stuff...
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Mskatonic »

Valerie notices the man who she met at the author's house walk in to the pub and she nods to him. She turns to Leonek, "we'll we ourselves have just arrived, I was hoping you might share your knowledge of the town with us! I was hoping to visit the museum. I've heard it is worth the trip. However I was also hoping to walk along to coast for a closer look at the sea, it looks quite lovely. I wonder if people go swimming out there."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story see's Valerie and smiles at her as he walks up to the bar. " 'ello barkeep, say, I'm looking for something strong and in the bottle, unopened of course. Something under..." Looks at the money Brook gave him attempting to determine how much was there.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The coins that Brook had given Story amounted to around five pounds.

"I've got just the thing," said the bartender with a knowing smile. He rooted around on a shelf behind the bar and pulled out a bottle of amber liquid, which he placed on the counter. "Scotch whiskey. Strong stuff, tastes pretty good, and not too expensive. Three quid for the bottle, sir."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Tobias turns from perusing the uninspiring menu to look at the newcomer. He's mildly surprised at the man drinking spirits in the afternoon but then he does look rather an oddball. "You have a stronger pallet than me, sir." He says in his mid-Atlantic accent. He reads out the menu to the people at the table, "They've got crab soup, jellied eels, fish and chips, lamprey pie, baked gurnard and, er, bloaters."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek has no idea what half the things on the menu are and it shows on his face. Hesitantly, he order fish and chips and water.

He then looks back at Valerie and nods.
We have some friends who are visiting the museum. I'm sure they'll be back soon. But I'd like to see the seaside too, it looks promising!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
WinterWillow
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years

Post by WinterWillow »

He held his elbow out to show a bit of gentlemen courtesy to his "Auntie" as they walked into the pub to be seated at a table.

He greeted Tobias and Leonik with nod as a greeting and a quick smile.

Elliot continue to looked around pretending to admire the natical theme that suffucated the entire first floor.

He contiune to memorizes more of the inns layout as he steps into the pub dinning area.
He thought to himself quietly. "Need to get notebook,pens and other little things. I need to map this shit before I forget."

He watched as Valerie and the other picked a table near the window. Elliot waited till everyone was seated to take up a chair.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Hearing Tobias comment Story merely lifts the bottle and nods at him before turning back to the bartender. "Thank you my good sir." He hands the correct funds to the bartender. After paying for the drink Story stuffs the bottle into his pocket, turns around and takes a moment to survey the room.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Only three of the tables were occupied, and two of them looked like they were occupied by tourists: an older couple sat at one, and a family of four sat at another. The only people Story recognized here were Valerie and Elliot. The decor was much like that in the lobby. There was nothing else that particularly drew Story's attention.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias waits for the barman to tender the change, "Make that two fish and chips and waters." He carries the waters over to the table and sits down. "You're right, Leonek, fish and chips seems the safest." He smiles at Valerie and Elliott, "I'm Tobias Maddox; this is my friend, Leonek Novak. We were thinking of doing some sight-seeing after lunch too. Apparently there's the Dunwich Museum a few doors down the street . There's also St. James Church and a ruined abbey -Greyfriars up on Monastery Hill."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story turns back to the bartender and says, "Could I get a glass of water?" After getting the water he turns his attention back towards those in the room as he ponders his upcoming sea excursion.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The bartender called Tobias's order back into the kitchen.

"Of course, sir," said the bartender to Story. He took the coins, put them away in the till, and then took an empty glass. He filled it with water from a tap behind the bar and then placed it on the counter. "Here you go."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

"Fish and chips with a pint does sound like it would hit the spot! What do you say Elliot? Perhaps you'd like to buy lunch for Auntie as I'm a little short on cash at the moment." Valerie states. She turns to Tobias and Leonek. "'Ello and nice to meet both of you. I'm Valerie, and this is my nephew. So glad to meet some fellow travelers! I have heard wonderful things about the museum, and I love history. the other sites do seem worth taking a look-see. I think the museum has odd hours though, I hope it is open today.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias smiles, "Maybe if we go as a group they'll consider opening for us." He takes a sip of water, "Interestingly enough, there used to be a lot more of the town but it's now all under water. Imagine all those old churches and houses with fish swimming through them. Just think, Leonek; your fried fish might have been to church this morning!"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek smiled, the thought amusing him, and almost even relaxed for the first time they arrived here.
"My father used to take me fishing in a forest just east of Koszalin. We would sit in the shade of a ruined church by the river there. Never did I taste finer fish, than clerical fish."

He looks up suddenly, somewhat embarrassed and shocked by his own revelation.

"I am sorry, I did not mean to bore you, that joke just brought back a good memory."
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

"Not at all, sir, that story did not bore me in the least. It's the little things like that which shapes us, makes us who we are." Valerie replied kindly. "The churches are under water, I have heard that...I wonder what else might be out there?" Valerie muses.
WinterWillow
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years

Post by WinterWillow »

Elliot greeted Tobias and Lenovak with a firm and soild handshake. " Very good to meet you both!" he said.

He turnes his head towards Valarie as she spoke. "Its fine Auntie. Your always treating me. "

Elliot got up from the table and went over to the bar to order their meal.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What can I get you?" the bartender asked Elliot with a jovial smile.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias looks at the usually taciturn Easterner with surprise, glad that he seems to have perked up. He returns Elliott's hand shake, "You too Buddy. Valerie, have you seen anything of the village so far? Leonek and I haven't been here very long at all; I'm looking forward to stretching my legs after lunch." He keeps a watch on any goings-on outside.

Return to “Episode 2”