IC-Ep 2-Stranded(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-Stranded(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Post by Mr. Handy »

THE SHADOW OVER DUNWICH
EPISODE 2

Ship Inn - Dunwich, England
11:35 AM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Valerie and Elliot entered the front door of the inn as Lucius caught up with Story, Elizabeth, and Brook. Lucius was even more observant this morning than usual. He noticed right away that the TARDIS was not where they had left it on the beach off to the right, but he saw a lot more than that. He spotted a square depression in the sand precisely where the TARDIS had once stood, obviously an impression it had left. A furrow was gouged in the sand leading from the impression to the sea. In the sand were footprints. One set looked normal, and led across the beach from one end to the other, probably left by the old man they had met earlier. Another set was a bit too large to be human, leading to and from the water's edge. The furrow seemed to have eliminated most traces of them, but he was just able to make them out. The tide had come in somewhat since they had arrived, but it still hadn't reached where the TARDIS had been. The tracks were vaguely foot-shaped, though they seemed to be clawed, as if they were left by an animal. This was belied by the fact that they were bipedal. Whatever had left them had walked upright. One thing was clear. Someone - or something - had dragged the TARDIS into the sea...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Stranded(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks unhappily at Lucius. "No....he didn't move it. She's vanished. And we're stuck in the era of high hair, shoulderpads and pastels."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"She's got to be somewhere, surely?" says Elizabeth. "She wouldn't dematerialise without us. Maybe someone else has moved her? Though it would need pretty heavy moving equipment to do that."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks from Lucius to the spot where the TARDIS was previously located then he looks to the sea and says, "I've got a bad feeling about this." He turns back towards his companions. "We need to find out what happened. Perhaps that old man who was searching the beach saw something. Come on." Turns and starts to walk to where the TARDIS was all the while looking at the beach attempting to locate the old man.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Right, good idea," says Elizabeth, turning and following Story.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook jogs after Story and Elisabeth, looking around for the old guy with the metal detector.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story and his companions reached the spot where the TARDIS had once stood, where they saw the depression and the furrow leading to the water's edge, though the others couldn't make out all of the details that Lucius had noticed. This stretch of beach was deserted, and there was no sign of the old man nearby other than his tracks, which Lucius could see led up the beach to the café.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Into the water!" exclaims Elizabeth. "Who or what could have moved it that way?" She turns to Story. "The TARDIS will be ok if it's underwater won't it? I mean it wouldn't be damaged or anything by the sea?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Whatever moved it wasn't human," Lucius pointed out as he knelt down beside one of the footprints he could make out. "The old man looks to have gone into the cafe. I doubt he saw anything. It doesn't look like he went running to the cafe... and if I saw this thing ... I'd probably be running."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"The TARDIS should be fine. However, I've never materialized underwater..." Story smiles and then looks out at the sea for a moment before kneeling down beside Lucius. "A sea creature. So perhaps something really was watching us when we first arrived." Standing back up he says, "Well, perhaps we should head to the cafe to see if Mr. Baker is still there."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story and his companions proceeded up the beach to the north and soon reached the Flora Café, which stood on a sidewalk leading to what a street sign called Beach Road. Off to the left along the road was a small building that housed only restrooms, and behind the café at the end of Beach Road was a large car park with only a few cars and bicycles in it. Beyond that, marshes stretched out into the distance to the north. There were a number of tables and seats arrayed outside. A few elderly people were eating here, including Zeke Baker, who was seated at a table by himself and enjoying some fish and chips.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook points at Zeke, then looks at the others. "That's him, isn't it? What should we ask him? "Hey, did you happen to see a big sea monster drag our phone box into the sea before you came here for lunch?" "
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Ha!" laughs Elizabeth. "Yes that's him. Or we could just ask if he saw what happened to our phone box, and see where that leads us."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at Brooks comment, "We should probably avoid mentioning a potential sea monster." Story walks over to Zeke. "Ah, Mr. Baker...just the man I was looking for I. May my friends and I intrude upon your lunch?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Zeke looked up and gave Story a gaptoothed grin. "Why, hello again, Professor Story!" he said. "Please, sit with me, all of you. It gets lonesome eating all by myself. If you're hungry. I recommend the fish and chips. I never get tired of it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Thank you kindly." Story looks at his companions and gestures at the seats, though he waits to sit until the ladies have sat down. "How is this morning treating you? Any luck on the beach with the detector?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Zeke shook his head. "No luck, I'm afraid," he said. "All I found is an alumnium can. The deposit got me all of five p. Once I found an old Roman coin on the beach, did you know? It's in the museum now. I figure after lunch I'll go out on my boat and try my hand at some fishing. I should have better luck there, as the fish are plentiful."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Oh we're going to go to the museum later," says Elizabeth, "so we must look out for the coin you found." She sits down at the table.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Going out on the water later you say?" Glances at Lucius then looks back at Zeke. "How many does your boat accommodate...if you don't mind me asking?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's a small boat, but it can seat two in a pinch," said Zeke. "Fancy a spot of fishing, eh? I reckon I can bring you along. All I ask is that you bring a little something to drink. Something...strong, if you know what I mean."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”