IC-Ep 2-Reunion(Leonek/Tobias/Valerie/Elliot)

The TARDIS goes missing, dragged into the sea by something inhuman. During their investigations, Story and his companions join up with the team from UNIT. Leonek and Salem make a horrifying discovery.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-Reunion(Leonek/Tobias/Valerie/Elliot)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ship Inn - Dunwich, England
11:35 AM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Leonek Novak waited nervously in Room 106.

Valerie Soames and Elliot Webb entered the front door of the inn, which opened to reveal a lobby decorated with nautical themes. There were pictures on the walls of boats and seaside scenes. There was also a ship's wheel mounted on one wall, as well as various types of fish mounted on plaques. A couple of doors at the back led further inside, and a flight of stairs went up. There was a wooden counter with a bell on it, behind which stood a petite young woman with big brown eyes and black hair. They noticed Tobias Maddox in the lobby, heading for the stairs leading up.
OOC,[b]Elliot[/b] and [b]Valerie[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Reunion(Leonek/Tobias/Valerie/Elliot)

Post by aine »

Tobias turns on hearing the door opening. He sees Valerie and Elliott come in, "Good afternoon." He says then he turns back to the receptionist and says in a loud voice. "Can you put two down for lunch, we'll be down shortly." He nods to the newcomers without acknowledging that he knows them and heads back upstairs. He knocks at the bedroom door and walks in. He says to Leonek, "Fancy some grub? Lunch is being served downstairs and Valerie and Elliott have just arrived."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek jumped up when he heard the knocking at the door. He stayed his hand halfway to his gun as he recognised Tobias.

Yes, I would love some lunch, this place is putting my nerves on end. Lead the way.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Mskatonic »

Valerie's eyes sweep the room, examining the nautical themed interior. Valerie thought the decor was a tad overdone but supposed the gaudiness was to be expected in a small coastal town such as this. Valerie did not notice anything particularly unusual or out of place at first glance.

She smiles and nods with polite formality to Tobias before turning to Elliot. "Oh, Elliot, they serve food here, did you hear? I could do with a bite to eat after our long drive. I suppose we should check in first, one thing at a time as they say."

Valerie walks up to the desk and smiles kindly at the dark haired receptionist. "Ta, dear. How is business? This inn seems quite charming. Do you happen to have any rooms available?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"You okay? You seem kinda jumpy?" Before they leave the room Tobias then says to Leonek, "I don't think we are supposed to know Valerie and Elliott - is that right? But I reckon we can find out how they are getting on just by asking the usual tourist questions. There are a few places of tourist interest near here; a museum, an abbey and a church. Oh, and most of the old town is under water- washed into the sea. Apparently that ugly guy wasn't born that way, some sort of disease, we should get his name, find out if it's hereditary." As they go down the corridor he looks to see if the man is still fixing the door.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek furrows his brow and looks at Tobias.

"Jumpy? Why should I be jumpy? Someone I consider to be a great frie..uhm esteemed scientist has gone missing and her room is being tended by some mutated demon repair man. Apart from grabbing him and torturing him for information, we have no tangible lead to go on and all the while Dr Kirby might be in dire need of our assistance."

He shuts up suddenly and his look turns sullen.

"I'm sorry, you've no cause in this. I just can't stand feeling helpless..."

His face clears up when he hears of the others' arrival and he nods, more vigorous than appropriate.

"Yes, yes! That sounds good! I can't wait to get some more information. Let's go down quickly!"

Leonek follows Tobias to the lunch area with determined steps.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

When Leonek and Tobias left the room, they could see the man still at work on the door.

Elliot noticed nothing out of place in the lobby, letting Valerie do the talking.

"Business is doing quite well, ma'am," said the woman with a smile. "We're heavily booked, but there's still a vacancy. It's not ready yet, but it will be ready in a few hours. Welcome to the Ship Inn. Lunch will be served in the pub, through there." She pointed out one of the doors at the back. "Please sign the register." She slid it across the counter to Valerie. "How many nights will you be staying?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias stops at the repair man and tries not to wince, "Er, Hi. My name's Maddox. You're making a grand job of that repair. I have a friend looking for a good repair man. Could I have have your name so I can recommend you?"
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

"Oh, well we are lucky to have gotten a room, then. We will be staying 5 nights." Valerie stated, setting down her bag distractedly while taking the register. She paused to sign it, looking at the other names before her. "What floor is the room on? Does it have a view of the ocean? I love a room with an ocean view."
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

Spoiler:
can I look and see if Valerie Kirby's name is on the register while I'm signing it?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks, but I work for the inn," mumbled the repairman to Tobias. "Can't travel." He kept working while he spoke.

"That will be two hundred pounds, please," said the woman. "If you have a credit card, I can read it now, but your account won't be charged until you check out. Your room is 101, on the first floor, right up those stairs. Just turn right at the top, and it'll be the first door on your left. I'll give you the keys when the room is ready. I believe it does have a view of the ocean, yes."

Valerie flipped through the register after signing it. On the previous page was Dr. Valerie Kirby's signature, dated two days ago.
OOC,Yes, I was hoping you'd think of that. In the UK, the first floor is the first one above the ground floor, so it's what most people in the USA would call the second floor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

"Oh, I'll pay cash please. Never had much use for credit cards, you know in my day we paid for our things with the money we had, not the money we might have in the future. Oh and the first floor will be lovely, these old legs of mine don't get around like they used to, one flight of stairs I can handle.." Valerie exaggerates her frailty, playing up on her helpless little old lady routine.
Spoiler:
just curious, do registers usually have a check-out date?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, ma'am," said the woman, taking the cash, counting it, and putting it away in the cash register. "We only have the ground floor and the first floor here anyway, and the ground floor doesn't have as good a view. Room 101 will be yours once it's ready. Check-in time is 3:00, but we'll try to have it for you sooner. You can pick up the keys here once the room is ready. In the meantime, feel free to have lunch in the pub or start exploring Dunwich, and I hope you have a wonderful stay."
OOC,I'm not sure, but I'd guess they don't. In any case, this one doesn't. It does, however, list her room number as 104. [b]Valerie[/b], you now have only a little cash left, though you did have enough to cover the room. The team was issued a credit card by UNIT with a credit limit of two thousand pounds, but [b]Tobias[/b] is carrying it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias shrugs and leads the way back downstairs, he hopes to ask Annie later. "I hope the food's good." He says to Leonek, "You'll feel better with some lunch inside you.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

He grins and nods,
"Da, you're right, Tobias. I just hope we don't run into any locals unexpectedly, I'd like to keep that lunch on the inside."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tobias and Leonek reached the lobby just as Valerie and Elliot finished checking in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

" oh well I could certainly use a bite to eat, what do you say, Elliot?" Valerie's says. She looks towards Tobias and Leonek, "hello young men have you been to the pub yet? Is the food any good? We just got into town and are looking for some decent lunch."
WinterWillow
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years

Post by WinterWillow »

Elliot smiled as he side-step to the rigth side of Valerie Soames as she started the checkin procedure.
He looked around the room making mental notes of the layout of the ground floor setup. He closed his eyes briefly to try to burn the layout in his mind.
He mumbled a bit under his breathe to himself 'Should have asked for a copy."
After a couple of moments his thoughts were disturbed by Ms. S's voice explaining that inn had a dinning room.
He opened his eyes slowly and smile as he reply"Oh yes Auntie, a spot of tea and a something delicious to nibble on."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias looks at Leonek and then smiles at Valerie. "I'm sorry ma'am, we've only just arrived ourselves but we are just about to have lunch. Would you and your nephew like to join us?"
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

"Oh yes, that sounds wonderful! And yes, tea, a good cup of tea would hit the spot Elliot. Lets join these gentlemen for lunch!" Valerie replies. "We will need something to do to pass the time while waiting for our room, anyway."

Return to “Episode 2”