The Zero Room - OOC Chat Thread

1985, Dunwich, England: Will the Time Lord, his companions, and a team from UNIT uncover the secrets that this decaying town harbors, or will they fall prey to its horrific perils?

This is Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu, the third of a series of connected adventures set in different eras and locations that started with The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: The Zero Room - OOC Chat Thread

Post by DrPeterson »

You might say we're a bit "tied up" at our end too :D
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 9 years

Post by johnson41996 »

:o I MUST KNOW!
Ive been wondering wtf happened to the other teams since the last few radio transmissions. Sounds like things have gone tits up in classic cthulhu fashion :geek: I might have something that may come in handy tho... :idea:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

After the adventure ends, you'll all be allowed to look at all of the threads and see exactly what happened. Being able to keep everyone in separate threads during the adventure really does add to the suspense.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnson41996 »

realistically, am i going to be able to use my thing i found in this game?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Only if you find the batteries that go in it ;)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Realistically, no. There's simply not enough time before the scenario ends, but you will have plenty of time afterwards if you survive. If someone had found it during the first trip to Dunwich, there would have been enough time to get started on it, but the focus then was on finding Dr. Kirby and getting her out of there. If I ever run a scenario in this campaign that takes place not too long after 1985, your character could return, but I have no immediate plans for one. I have the next several scenarios mapped out, and that era isn't one of the settings. I do have ideas for a future adventure that fits into the timeframe, but it will be years before I can get to it (if I ever do).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnson41996 »

Thats depressing :cry: is your next campaign set ahead in time of this one? Maybe my character can will it to his nephew or something like that so it will be in play
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm not planning on running another campaign while I'm also running this one. The next scenario is set in Ancient Rome, in 44 BC to be precise. What you found probably would just end up driving you insane anyway. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Wome?!

I have a fwiend in Wome!
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnson41996 »

Mr. Handy wrote:I'm not planning on running another campaign while I'm also running this one. The next scenario is set in Ancient Rome, in 44 BC to be precise. What you found probably would just end up driving you insane anyway. ;)
Well OF COURSE its gonna drive me insane, thats half the fun! :roll:
Rome setting sounds awesome, how soon after this campaign will that one be up?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm hoping to get things set up at the end of June. I'll be away at a convention from July 1-5, and I won't have time to post then, but I plan to start the new scenario shortly after I return.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnson41996 »

sounds good, an ancient rome setting sounds like it has the potential for a very dark story. question, i want to start a campaign, how do i go about doing that? i have an interest thread up already (Walker and co. - Now hiring!) but i cant figure out how to start the actual thread itself for the story.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're doing it right so far. Once you've gathered enough players and you're ready to start, let me know by posting in the interest thread (where I've already posted). You'll also need to provide a short text blurb about the game, like you'll see on the home page for the other games. Then I'll set up a forum for you and make you the Keeper. Any administrator (red username) or global moderator (green username) can create a forum, so someone else may do it first, but I'm more likely to see your post before the others.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnson41996 »

Anyone else is free to join if you want, I know this isnt a recruitment thread but I thought I would put that our there
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnson41996 »

YOU BASTARDS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Looks like you're having a good time :D
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnson41996 »

lol that made me laugh
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Mr. Handy wrote:I'm hoping to get things set up at the end of June. I'll be away at a convention from July 1-5, and I won't have time to post then, but I plan to start the new scenario shortly after I return.
Fantastic! I'll be sure to stay the course this time. :D
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Glad to hear it! This scenario should wrap up within a couple of weeks or so. I'll have some time off in late June to get things rolling, and I may even be able to at least get the TARDIS crew started in a thread then.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate

Post by johnson41996 »

i hope no ones waiting for me to post, cuz my guy is doing what hes doing until the rounds are over. im not sure what else to write about until then

Return to “The Shadow Over Dunwich”