The Zero Room - OOC Chat Thread

1985, Dunwich, England: Will the Time Lord, his companions, and a team from UNIT uncover the secrets that this decaying town harbors, or will they fall prey to its horrific perils?

This is Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu, the third of a series of connected adventures set in different eras and locations that started with The Terror Out of Time and The Ninth Planet.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Re: The Zero Room - OOC Chat Thread

Post by ImpInTraining »

Suddenly, my problems don't seem so significant.

Get better soon, Yokenthwaite. See you when you're right in the head. Unfortunately, you'll never see me right in the head.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Imp! Glad to see you're still stomping these corridors. I've being wondering what happened to the man behind the Roman.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Imp! You haven't posted for Lucius in quite a while, but you can pick him back up again any time you're ready. You'll be happy to know that he's succeeded at every Sanity roll I've made for him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Shoot man, I've been checking threads now and again. I must have missed your notice that a new thread started. My apologies.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by yockenthwaite »

Thanks all for kind wishes. Saw consultant on Friday and steroids shot up a lot immediately that morning. They've taken about 3/4 days to kick in, but I'm starting to see benefits now, and the neurological problems are easing.

I've just posted an update for Elizabeth in the IC thread, so am taking her over again Mr Handy :)
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by BenTheRat »

sorry I've been unresponsive. Travelling this week. I'll try and post tonight.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by Cearlan »

All,

I have just received word that my Father in Law has died so I may not be posting as regular over the next few days as I have funerals to sort out and all the associated trappings. I will post as and when I can. I feel bad because I have just started this and well, we cannot put a time on our passing I suppose.

Back as soon as I can

Norman
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Take your time, and take care. My prayers are with you and your family.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

My condolences for your loss.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Mr Handy,

Could you please NPC Valerie Soames until after the funeral for me. I am going to try and post as often as I can in as many games as possible, but if I can get a few games off the load, then it would be a great help.

Thanking you in advance

Norman
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

All,

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts, condolences and good wishes for the situation in hand.

Norman & DeeJ
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by yockenthwaite »

Deepest sympathies to you and your family at this time :(
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cearlan wrote:Mr Handy,

Could you please NPC Valerie Soames until after the funeral for me. I am going to try and post as often as I can in as many games as possible, but if I can get a few games off the load, then it would be a great help.

Thanking you in advance

Norman
No problem. I'll be going away myself in less than a week, so it probably won't be moving for a while after that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by jaysun81 »

I will be away from February 28th until March 3rd.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Something messed up happened to me lately, which has kind of taken most of my attention over the past week. A second cousin of mine allegedly committed suicide, gun to the head. So weird,because she didn't seem at all suicidal to me. Sure, she had some problems with making up stories, and a drug abuse issue ... but the weirdest thing is that I am just as sure she committed suicide as I am that my cousin's wife (her mother) probably killed her and made it look like a suicide.

What a messed up circumstance. Anyway, as messed up as she was, if her death was at someone else's hands then they need to be held accountable. So I've taken liberty of contacting the Arizona police and filling them in on all the details I know - things her parents wouldn't have shared. I wish there was something I could have done to have avoided the whole thing, but I feel it was pretty much destined to happen.

The thing that really pisses me off about the whole circumstance is that her mother keeps going on about how it is all the deceased's husband's fault when he was in Kentucky the entire time.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wow, that is messed up.

Strength!

And I'm sure you did well to tell the police what you knew.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Firstly - very sorry to hear of your family's loss. Nothing can prepare you for such an event, especially when it happens out of the blue like this.

All power to you for passing your concerns onto the police - they are the ones best suited to find out what happened here. Could not have been an easy call to make.

The mother may be looking for someone to blame ... a standard reflex action when something goes wrong. She may well be in shock still or perhaps it is part of her grieving process.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm sorry I've been away from the board longer than expected, but I've been very sick for the last week and am only just starting to recover.
jaysun81 wrote:I will be away from February 28th until March 3rd.
I'll wait until you return so that you can make the final decision and, if you decide to go through with it, make the roll yourself.
ImpInTraining wrote:Something messed up happened to me lately, which has kind of taken most of my attention over the past week. A second cousin of mine allegedly committed suicide, gun to the head. So weird,because she didn't seem at all suicidal to me. Sure, she had some problems with making up stories, and a drug abuse issue ... but the weirdest thing is that I am just as sure she committed suicide as I am that my cousin's wife (her mother) probably killed her and made it look like a suicide.

What a messed up circumstance. Anyway, as messed up as she was, if her death was at someone else's hands then they need to be held accountable. So I've taken liberty of contacting the Arizona police and filling them in on all the details I know - things her parents wouldn't have shared. I wish there was something I could have done to have avoided the whole thing, but I feel it was pretty much destined to happen.

The thing that really pisses me off about the whole circumstance is that her mother keeps going on about how it is all the deceased's husband's fault when he was in Kentucky the entire time.
I'm sorry to hear that too, and I agree that you did the right thing by passing on everything you know to the police.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

I'll be gone till Thursday, feel free to NPC Leonek.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Thanks all. We deal with loss in our own way - and it's something I've been accustomed to doing from a distance, being as how I have been away from my family since 1986 except for the brief vacations I take back there. Loss, especially unexpected loss, is never an easy thing, but I don't envy anyone who has to be there at a funeral where a mother and father is burying their kid.

I'm going to go on just believing (unless I hear otherwise) that my cousin's mind just was out of commission and led her to this tragic event. She was a habitual liar, and perhaps she started believing her own lies to the point that she felt safer taking her own life. Maybe she did it in a moment of clarity where she realized she was a danger to others, or maybe she simply had no idea what she was doing. I'll probably never know the truth.

Return to “The Shadow Over Dunwich”