IC-Ep 4-Take the Long Way Home(Everyone else)

The confrontation with the Mi-Go turns violent, and the survivors must flee Pluto for their lives. But will the crew of Styx Base bring humanity's doom back to Earth with them?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Re: IC-Ep 4-Take the Long Way Home(Everyone else)

Post by CrackheadC. »

Handy,Alison will retire for the day. For the remainder of the trip she will continue to carry her gun as well as a small aerosal of the fungicide under the guise of maintaining security protocols. She will continue to keep a close eye on the Lt. Colonel and the general-noting any changes in behavior throughout the trip. If she encounters anything too suspicious she may take action
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Karin will go about her usual duties, she will monitor the psychological well-being of the crew and she offers a counseling service if anyone needs it.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Hu sets up with his datapad to review the information brought with him, resigned to leaving all that hardware behind. He keeps a wary eye on everyone but makes no moves on his own until something eventful happens.
Handy,If we get to the Mars orbit without any progress, he'll check with the Dr. and the others present since time is running short. But that'll be weeks away.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Colleen was able to modify the shipboard communications to maximize the effective range. They will now be able to communicate with Earth once they've passed the asteroid belt. At that distance it will still take several minutes at light speed for the signal to reach Earth, double that for a round trip to hear any reply.
Alison Silver,You only have fire extinguishers on the ship, One of the smaller aerosol sprays went with the TARDIS, and [b]Lt. Barrett[/b] had the other one.
OOC,[b]Karin[/b], you may make a Psychoanalysis roll for each person you counsel. I'll allow this to include yourself. If you succeed, you may roll 1d3, and that person gets back that many Sanity points for the first month of therapy, up to the starting Sanity level. If you fail, the patient gets no benefit. [b]Natalia[/b] will go for counseling. She has lost 3 Sanity points, so she can get the maximum benefit. Other characters who can benefit are [b]Juliette[/b], [b]Colleen[/b], [b]Heinrich[/b], [b]Alison[/b], and [b]Robert[/b]. All of those who are NPCs will also want counseling, and the PCs probably will anyway, so you might as well go ahead and roll for them all. Everyone may roll Psychology for observing people's mental states over the coming month, except for [b]Karin[/b] and [b]Alison[/b], who have already rolled.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Handy,Alison will just place the extinguishers remaining throughout the ship then so that one is never too far away.
smug_jaguar
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by smug_jaguar »

Mr Handy,My first roll, didn't go so well. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3634832/ (for psychology, which is at base)
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin tells everyone her office is always open.
Mr. Handy,Psychoanalysis rolls (51%) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3634967/]General Richard Pryce 1d100=33, Lt. Colonel Howard Bruce 1d100=71, Major Natalia Orlova 1d100=57, 1st Lt. Hu Xiang 1d100=20, Private Sofia Torres 1d100=95, Private George Bond 1d100=26, Captain Juliette Desjardins 1d100=20, Lt. Colleen Rose 1d100=93, Sergeant Heinrich Kohl 1d100=30, Private Alison Silver 1d100=79, Private Robert MacCrimmon 1d100=70, Karin 1d100=70[/url] Points healed: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3634977/]Pryce 1d3=1, Xiang 1d3=2, Bond 1d3=2, Desjardins 1d3=1, Kohl 1d3=2[/url]
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette is not one for voluntaty counciling, so she will not seek out Capt.Bauers office unless ordered by he chef. She is her flirty normal self. Extremely correct when she is on duty. Flirty and happy when she is off duty. She will be urging Sofia on to search for bugs in the Ships systems. Keepnig track (much more than on the trip out) of every essential supportsystem, radiosystem and the fuelsystems.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Everyone settled into a comfortable routine during the lengthy trip home. Nothing eventful happened during the first month.
OOC,[b]Karin[/b], you may make another set of Psychoanalysis rolls for the second month. Around the end of the second month, the ship will be close enough to Earth to communicate. Many of the people you rolled for the first time would not benefit (those already at maximum Sanity). [b]Heinrich[/b] got 2 Sanity back so far. [b]Juliette[/b] declined counseling, so she does not get any back. [b]General Pryce[/b] and [b]Lt. Colonel Bruce[/b] also declined. You should roll for [b]Natalia[/b], [b]Colleen[/b], [b]Heinrich[/b], [b]Alison[/b], [b]Robert[/b], and yourself this time. For each success, please roll 1d3 to see how many Sanity points are recovered in the second month.
Karin Bauer,[b]Karin[/b]'s continued observations of the general confirmed her suspicions. He was not the man he used to be, though the difference was very subtle. Had she not known him personally and been a skilled medical professional, she probably never would have seen through his facade in the first place. He did nothing suspicious or out of the ordinary, and there was nothing specific on which she could put her finger. He also seemed as if he knew that she knew, but he didn't seem to care.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin continues to counsel Colleen and the security team (not Bruce who declined on her offer). Other than doing her necessary duties, the rest of the crew rarely see her. She sits on her own at meal times and plays with her food, obviously lacking any appetite. Her face is drawn and tired and, in her down time, she sits at one of the few windows staring out into space.
Counseling results,The second month of counseling: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3636496/]Karin, 1d100=70, Natalia 1d100=87, Colleen 1d100=62, Heinrich 1d100=34, Alison 1d100=19, Robert 1d100=41[/url] Recovered points: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3636497/]Heinrich 1d3=1, Alison 1d3=1, Robert 1d3=3[/url]
Mr. Handy,I decided that Karin is too funked with her inside knowledge to recover any sanity points so changed the roll order, is that okay?
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

During her counseling sessions it is readily apparent that Alison harbors a deep fear of the Mi-Go after her encounter with them. Alison often seems paranoid that the Mi-Go could be following them and like Karin she has her suspicions about the General being under Mi-Go control. She is rather tight-lipped about it in sessions, worried that they might be recorded and overheard by others, but Karin gets the impression that Alison's fear will cause her to take action if she has her suspicions confirmed. Alison will also detail her conversation and impressions of the two COs when she was in the bridge at the beginning of the trip.

Otherwise during the trip Alison remains vigilant in security and continues to keep an eye on the commanding officers, looking for anything that she deems suspicious. Other than her sessions with Karin she speaks mostly to Robert, but otherwise keeps to herself.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Over the trip, Hu kept an eye out to gauge how everyone is faring after the events. He feels strangely insightful.
Handy,That is my Psychology roll, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3637442/]1d100=23[/url]. Apologies for lack of notation. Couldn't log in for whyever from this computer. On vacay with the wife at the in-laws' and my lappy doesn't like their wifi, haha.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Karin Bauer,Yes, that's fine.
Hu Xiang,[b]Xiang[/b]'s observations of [b]General Pryce[/b] and [b]Lt. Colonel Bruce[/b] did confirm that something was different about them. Then again, none of them would ever be the same again. The general had always been a calm, rational man, but he seemed especially so now, devoid of emotion. The security chief had always been a serious man - deadly serious - but he too seemed even moreso than ever, and he also showed no trace of emotion any longer. He had been known to get angry in the past, but he never once did during the lengthy voyage. It fit [b]Karin[/b]'s theory that their minds were somehow under alien control, but there was no proof of it, and nothing specific on which he could put his finger.
Alison Silver,[b]Alison[/b]'s continued observations of the general seemed to confirm her worst fears and [b]Karin[/b]'s suspicions. He had always been a calm, rational man, but he seemed especially so now, devoid of emotion. It did fit the theory that his mind was somehow under alien control, and she was more convinced than ever that [b]Karin[/b] was right, but there was no proof of it, and nothing specific on which she could put her finger.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Karin and Handy,Alison meets with the Doctor during a regularly schedule time and airs her concerns, "Karin, you were right. There is no way that the General is himself. Frankly, I'm not sure either of them are who they say they are. If the General is infected after brief encounter with the Mi-go then the Lt. Colonel must be too." Alison looks around nervously before continuing. "I can take care of this, but I'm not sure what to do. All I know is that I have to do something before we get into range to communicate with Earth. The way I see it is that we have two options: I can try to see if the control is broken when they are exposed to the fungicide spray - which if it isn't some sort of spore, I don't think it will be. Or two, something more permanent. I don't know if everyone will be behind me though... so I will understand if you don't want to help, but I can't sit here any longer with those things."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Alison and Handy,Karin points to a small fire extinguisher sitting by her med bag. [i] "I don't think the fungicide will work on their human bodies, I'm fairly sure it's only their minds that are affected. But how? How can they control their minds over such a distance? Nobody has found any Mi-Go hiding on the ship. There's no sign of any surgery for brain transplants. I just can't work it out!"[/i] Karin looks haggard. [i]"Sorry, I'm not getting much sleep at the moment. I told the General my fears ages ago so he knows what I think. And yet he does nothing. I guess he knows that once we reach the space station he'll order my, and anyone else's arrest. Then he'll have plenty of time to influence his best friend The Kaiser. Who pretty much controls Earth. They won't mind sitting through any quarantines. The doctors won't pick anything up; as you know, it's just our intuition, we have no proof."[/i] Karin looks hard at Alison. [i]"Everything he says is so damn reasonable. 'We must alert Earth of the Mi-Gos presence'. And then he'll tell the Kaiser the Mi-Gos should be welcomed with open arms. But we must still alert Earth. And then, then we must not allow Pryce and Bruce to reach Earth alive. I don't know how many of the crew will back us or Pryce. Can you subtly find out? Then we can make a plan. I want to search the ship again myself. There's nothing else I can do yet. "[/i] She smiles wanly, [i]"But there's no harm in trying the fungicide. If you can wrangle a way of spraying a bit in the air near, say, Bruce without alarming him. Perhaps get him to test it for security or something."[/i]
Karin carefully searches the ship.
Spot hidden if neccessary,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3638256/]Spot hidden (40) 1d100=29[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Karin Bauer,During the journey, [b]Karin[/b] searched both [i]Charon's Ferry[/i] and [i]Persephone[/i] thoroughly. She could find nothing out of the ordinary. There was nowhere a Mi-Go could hide on the ships that she did not check, unless they came a lot smaller than she had seen, and no trace of their presence anywhere.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

During the course of the month Alison begins to discuss her fears and observations with each of the other crew members, starting with Robert and Heinrich. She tries to speak with each crew member privately, when she has them alone she brings up her concern that they are somehow being followed, that after watching them for a month the General and Lt. Colonel are not themselves like Karin said. "The Mi-Go chased us off of Pluto for simply hurting one of their own, before we left we killed a few - how do you think they will react? Don't you think that warrants a little more concern from our higher-ups? Yet they show nothing." Alison will say.

If Alison gets the impression that the other crew members are also concerned about the possibility of some sort of control of Mi-Go attack, she will continue by saying that something needs to be done - before they cross the asteroid belt.

If she gets the impression that the other crew members are unconvinced or too 'pro-Kaiser' then she will just drop the subject after bringing up her concerns.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

When Alison approaches Hu about her concerns, he agrees quickly, relieved to have someone to share the same concerns with. "But what can we do about it without getting ourselves executed? We need to figure if there is some way they're receiving a signal or if..." Hu pauses since the next part is so outlandish. "If their minds aren't their minds at all. Like a computer hard drive being overwritten or... Replaced."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I didna notice anything different about them," said Robert when Alison approached him. "I'm just not sure what we should do. Nothing's happened so far. What you're talking about is dangerous. You could get killed, like Colonel Patel. I want to take action, but I'm just not sure."
OOC,[b]Alison[/b], you'll need to roll Fast Talk to convince [b]Robert[/b] of the need to do something. [b]Karin[/b] and [b]Xiang[/b] may try as well, though they should roll Persuade, which they have at a higher level. [b]Heinrich[/b] may try Persuade as well if he wishes. He could also simply order [b]Robert[/b] to go along even if he isn't convinced.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Alison frowns, "It's a tough decision Rob. But remember, the Lt. Colonel had us pull the trigger on the Colonel. She was outgunned four to one. It wasn't necessary ther eto take that course of action. But right here, right now I think it is necessary. What if we get to Earth and the General and Lt. Colonel tell everyone that the Mi-Go are peaceful, or that there is nothing to be worried about? Will anyone listen to our protests, or will we just look unhinged compared to the two 'calm' and emotionless COs we brought back?"
Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3638865/]Fast talk 55% (1d100=89)[/url] Fail

Return to “Episode 4”