IC-Ep 4-Awakening(Edward Barrett only)

The confrontation with the Mi-Go turns violent, and the survivors must flee Pluto for their lives. But will the crew of Styx Base bring humanity's doom back to Earth with them?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 4-Awakening(Edward Barrett only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Unknown Place
Unknown Time

The darkness that enshrouded Lt. Edward Barrett suddenly resolved into light. His field of vision was filled by the Mi-Go that had shot him. It appeared to be doing something with a few of its pincers off to his left, but he was unable to turn his head to see what it was. Nor could he move. His limbs did not seem to respond to him.

The Mi-Go stepped back, allowing Edward to see more. The chamber in which he found himself looked like a natural cavern, except there were multicolored lights embedded in the walls. Behind the Mi-Go there was also a gray metal shelf set into the wall. Sitting on the shelf were three metallic cylinders made of an unknown substance with various peripherals attached.

"Can you hear me?" buzzed the Mi-Go.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Awakening(Edward Barrett only)

Post by dormire »

Finding himself paralyzed, Lt. Barrett feels rage boil up inside of him. Even his anger seems off-kilter in this place, however, as he cannot even feel a blush in his cheeks. "Yes, damn you," he spits, "I hear you, monster! Where have you taken me? Why can't I move?"
“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Edward found that his voice sounded odd, almost monotonous. His anger did not really come across in it.

"Thizzz izzz our outpozzzt near your bazzze," replied the Mi-Go. "Your body wazzz...damaged. Why did you poizzzon uzzz?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

Edward sputters mechanically, "You initiated hostilities in our landing bay by drawing your weapons and using them. What did you expect to happen? Humans don't surrender willingly to intimidation and weapons-fire." He tries to flex his fingers and feels as if they are strangely...absent. This brings on a whole new paroxysm of terror. "What have you done to me? How am I damaged? Why does my voice sound odd? ANSWER ME, YOU BASTARD THING!"
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It wazzz you humanzzz who initiated hozzztilitiezzz," buzzed the Mi-Go, its tone eerily calm. "Your people killed our leader. Then you drew your weaponzzz, zzzo we fired. You prepared poizzzon to dezzztroy uzzz. In zzzpite of thizzz, we have kept you alive. Your heart had failed, zzzo your body wazzz no longer zzzuzzztainable. We were, however, able to zzzave your brain. We have uzzzed a devizzze to prezzzerve you, much azzz we did with the crew of the Perzzzephone." It indicated the row of three cylinders behind it with a pincer, and Edward realized with a terrible shock that he must be inside something similar!
OOC,[b]Edward[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 2/1d10+1. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea. If that roll succeeds, you will go temporarily insane.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

Lt. Barrett's vision threatens to black out as storms clouds of insanity roil threateningly on the periphery of his mind. Get it together, Edward, he thinks, You may not have been in a worse situation, but maybe you can learn enough to help someone else. That is, if you ever get a body again. Hoping that he didn't just think that aloud, Edward says, "What are your intentions now? What will become of me? Do you plan to allow the others to leave?"
Requested Rolls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3594232/]Sanity Roll = 100 (Hehe)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3594243/]Idea Roll = 73 (Weee!)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3594246/]Sanity Loss = 4[/url] Lucky me! (?)
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You will remain here for now," the Mi-Go said. "You and the others will be allowed to return to Earth...when it izzz ourzzz."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

Edward's mind reels at the revelation. "You bastards will never take Earth! NEVER!"
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Edward realized how odd his voice sounded, atonal and monotonous. While the volume definitely rose quite high at the end, there was not a trace of emotion in his own voice. The horror of what had happened to him was sinking in, but it was quickly dwarfed by the horror of what awaited Earth. He had no love for Kaiser and his ilk, but he did not wish for his home to be dominated by aliens, nor did he want anyone else subjected to his fate.

"We will," buzzed the Mi-Go, as if it were an accomplished fact. "Your leader Kaizzzer will agree to everything we dezzzire. We will be the mazzzterzzz of Earth. Rezzzizzztanzzze izzz uzzzelezzz."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

His situation untenable, Lt. Edward Barrett succumbs to the blackness of despair. His final words on the matter consisting of a mere, mechanical hiss, "Noooo. Pleeeaaasse."
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

With the conversation over, the Mi-Go walked away out of Edward's field of vision. He now had an unobstructed view of the three metal cylinders across from him. Each one had three peripherals attached to sockets in the cylinder.

"Hello," came a dull monotone from one of the peripherals attached to the central cylinder. "I am Captain Wladyslaw Kowalski from the Persephone. These are Lieutenant Maria Carvalho and Sergeant Mohammed Kassim, my crew. Who are you?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Episode 4 concludes in the following thread.
Epilogue
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”