IC-Ep 4-Last Dance(Everyone else)

The confrontation with the Mi-Go turns violent, and the survivors must flee Pluto for their lives. But will the crew of Styx Base bring humanity's doom back to Earth with them?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Re: IC-Ep 4-Last Dance(Everyone else)

Post by CrackheadC. »

Alison grabs one of the fungicide containers, grits her teeth and charges through the oncoming fog - hoping that the suit she was wearing would offset some of the effects. She aims to spray the second fog generating Mi-Go, the one that might spell the end for her.
Rolls,Bad luck here, depending on what the fog does this might be the end for Alison. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3553664/]Luck roll: Fail at 95[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3553667/]Dex times 5 roll: Fail at 89[/url] Mistakes were made.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

George scrambled to one side, out of reach of the cloud of mist, and drew his revolver as he dropped to one knee and took aim.

Alison was indeed protected by her spacesuit, though she still felt an uncomfortable chill in spite of it. She rushed close enough to spray the Mi-Go with her fire extinguisher, or so she thought. Unfortunately, the spray came up short.

Robert snatched up the other fire extinguisher and followed Alison through the fog, bearing the brunt of it even through his vacuum suit. The chill penetrated his very bones, but it did not stop him. He charged forward and sprayed at the Mi-Go that was unleashing the freezing mist, and his aim was true. However, the thin atmosphere caused it to dissipate before it reached its target.

Colleen moved out of the expanding cloud of mist with almost superhuman speed, drawing her pistol in one fluid motion.

Xiang ducked behind the gravcart, but the mist still rolled over him. However, his suit still insulated him, leaving him merely chilly.
OOC,I still need an action and any necessary rolls for [b]Lt. Edward Barrett[/b]. Once his player posts, I'll finish processing the first round and start the second. [b]Alison[/b]'s DEX x 5 is actually 75, not 65, but it still missed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by dormire »

Lt. Barrett shouts in alarm when the firing begins. He decides that the odds need to be on the humans' side and that means taking at least one of the armed Mi-Go out. He rushes through the fog, intent on the first Mi-Go with an electricity gun.
OOC,If he makes it, here are the rolls for the small fungicide canister attack: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3555543/]Luck Roll[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3555544/]Dexterity x 5[/url] Bah! I am, apparently, clumsy in a spacesuit.
“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The freezing mist penetrated Edward's suit and chilled his bones, but he continued through it and spritzed at his target when he got close. However, his aim was off and the spray went past the Mi-Go on one side.

Sofia moved too slowly, and the cloud overtook her. The freezing fog pained her a little as she stumbled and drew her pistol.
Juliette Desjardins,"I was talking to him when this started," replied [b]Natalia[/b]. "He knows." [b]Juliette[/b] had already been on her way to the bridge, and she reached it very quickly. [b]Natalia Orlova[/b] was feverishly operating the scanner. "Good, you're here," she said. "Start up the engines!" She activated the ship's external loudspeaker.
Major Natalia Orlova's voice carried through the docking bay: "All personnel, board immediately!"

The first Mi-Go with the knob-like device turned it on Edward, who was very close to it. However, the creature lost its grip on the weapon and it dropped to the floor. The other one shot directly at Robert. Already wounded, he decided to drop flat first and the blast soared over his head.

The Mi-Go with the cluster of tubes that hadn't hit anyone yet fired at George and Colleen, who had escaped from the other one, but it fared no better this time. The other one continued to bathe the attacking humans in freezing fog.
OOC,[b]Xiang[/b], [b]Edward[/b], [b]Sofia[/b], [b]Alison[/b], and [b]Robert[/b] are still caught in the mist. You may attempt to Dodge this round if you wish. Now that you've seen the weapon working, you may avoid the relatively slow-moving mist by rolling DEX x 3 or INT x 3, whichever is higher (unless your Dodge skill is higher still, in which case continue to use that). If you do, whether or not you succeed, you will be unable to attack this round, though you will be able to retreat to [i]Charon's Ferry[/i] and enter the airlock if you so choose. If you still wish to attack, or if you fail the Dodge roll, you will take another 1d10-3 damage (minimum 0) before your attacks take effect. The rules for attacking with fungicide sprays are the same as before. [b]Xiang[/b], your blaster gets three attacks per round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Alison doesn't let up spraying her fungicide at the Mi-Go that is actually hurting people. She felt cold from, but it wasn't bad at all.
Rolls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3556144/]Dex roll = 8[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3556145/]Luck roll = 32[/url] Success!
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette pushed the correct buttons. "Is Heinrich back? " she asks. Then without waiting for a reply she opens a private comchannel to him.
Sergeant Heinrich Kohl,"Heinrich, get your pretty butt back home, mamabird is leaving the nest. We are overrun by critters and need to go fast." She drops the formality, not wanting her possibly last message to him to be a boring soldiermessage, still making sure it is not overheard by anyone else.
She then opens an open com. "All personell in the docking bay, please report status. I will be taking up the Ferry. No heroics. Get your sorry asses into the ship and pardon my french!" She then punches in the liftoff trajectory and prays to all gods listening that all will get on board safely.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Hu tries to get out of the mist, but takes too long to work his way through as he tries to get to the ship. He calls out on open channel, "Those damn things work on FIRES, not these things! Get on board!"
because...,he still has no idea what those canisters are actually filled with.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

Upon hearing the call to board, Lt. Barrett quickly assesses the situation. Seeing that Pvt. Silver and he seem to be the only close resistance to the malevolent aliens and now aware of the others trying to escape the mist, he calls out, "Everyone that can, should board now! Go, go go! We'll try to keep them back with the fungicide!" He shoots a grim look at Pvt. Silver, "Looks like it's you and me. Fall back when you can." Lifting his canister to point it at the Mi-Go he had previously attacked, he sprays the fungicide at its misshapen head.
OOC,Combat rolls: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3556725/]Luck Roll = 61[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3556726/]Dexterity x 5 = 54 (Whew!)[/url]
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alison rushed through the mist, impervious to its effects. Robert tried to roll out of the billowing cloud, but his frozen limbs would not respond. He sank to the deck and his eyes slid shut. Edward felt incredibly numb, but he managed to keep going. Sofia staggered out of the thick cloud and made it into the airlock right behind George and Colleen. Xiang could feel the cold biting through his suit, but he made it inside and joined them. Colleen slapped the hand panel that caused it to seal and begin to repressurize. "Four of us are in the airlock, ma'am, but the security officers and Lt. Barrett are still out there fighting," she said into an open channel. "MacCrimmon just went down."

Alison's second spray was directly on target, and so was Edward's. The effect was immediate and deadly. Both Mi-Go let out a horrible buzzing screech as they collapsed to the floor, briefly writhing. Then they stopped moving and their bodies started to decay, slowly liquefying. The fog dissipated, and not a moment too soon.

The two remaining Mi-Go turned on them. The one with the electric gun fired at Edward, but the beam passed harmlessly over his shoulder. "Poizzzon!" called the other Mi-Go, the one with the fog weapon, as it sprayed wildly.
OOC,You may now act again.
Juliette Desjardins,"I'm on my way back, darling," [b]Heinrich[/b] replied into [b]Juliette[/b]'s communicator. "The visitors are with me. Look, if we don't get there in time, you have to take off and save yourselves. I can always escape with our friends in their craft. I love you, [b]Juliette[/b]." "He isn't back yet," said [b]Natalia[/b]. [b]Juliette[/b] began her launch preparations. As she did so, she noticed the scanner showing seven blips moving slowly from the rock formation under which she had found the cavern with the [i]Persephone[/i] towards Styx Base. At their current speed, they would arrive in about ten minutes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Robert!! NO!!" Alison cried out into the comm channel, "Get up! You have to get up and get out of here! Someone help him!" Seeing the airlock close Alison barked over the mic, "Cowards the lot of you, no one in this god-forsaken empire gives a damn about each other."

Alison pushed herself to remember her training - she could help Robert after the danger was passed - and charged the final mist shooting Mi-Go and sprayed at him with the aerosol poison.
Rolls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3557594/]Dex roll for spray = 5[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3557588/]Luck roll = 20[/url]
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette blushed violently. But she kept her cool about her. She opened her com for all to hear, even the Persephone.

"We have seven more incoming, estimated time of arrival 10 minutes. Lt. Rose, how many enemies are still standing? Lt. Barret and Private Silver, as the remaining funtional personel outside the ship, it is up to you two to get private Mac Crimmon into the airlock, or secure the area so others can carry him in. Protocol demands that I leave with as many as possible, even though it means leaving some behind. So private Silver, snap out of it and do your job quickly. I must take off within 4 minutes to be sure to make it out before we are overtaken. Can you secure the area?"

She then looked at the skies above and made a little prayer. To whom she did not care. As far as they made it out with as many personell as possible.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Once the airlock cycles, Hu lets everyone else out. "Go get strapped in. I'll see if I can't cover them a little." He hoists his blaster and waits for the others to enter the ship proper.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Mi-Go that Alison sprayed shrieked and buzzed as it went down and perished like the others. That only left the one that Edward faced.
OOC,It will take a good deal more than one combat round for the airlock to finish cycling. If [b]Edward[/b] finishes off the last Mi-Go this round with his action it will be no problem. Otherwise, you'll have to wait a bit longer. Once he acts I'll wrap up this round and, if necessary, start the next one. The [i]Persephone[/i] left some time ago and is well out of range of your personal communicators. [i]Charon's Ferry[/i] does, however, have the means of hailing her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

When the Mi-Gos begin to melt, Lt. Barrett whoops. Hearing Pvt. Silver's wail, he briefly peers into the mist, trying to locate the fallen Scotsman. When he's sure he has Pvt. MacCrimmon's position, he whips his head around to glare maliciously at the last remaining Mi-Go. "Have another hit", he cackles, "It's good stuff!" Edward leans forward and depresses the trigger point-blank, sending a deadly cloud toward the blasphemous thing's weirdly flashing head.
OOC,Combat Rolls: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3559280/]Luck Roll = 68[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3559282/]Dexterity x 5 = 11[/url]
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think I saw one go down as the outer door was closing," Colleen replied to Juliette over the communicator as the airlock continued to cycle. "Now that it's shut, we can't tell what's going on out there."

Edward's spray went in the right direction, but it petered out before it reached the Mi-Go. Seeing that its companions were dead, it flapped its wings and flew straight up, stopping and hovering almost thirty feet overhead - out of range of the fungicide sprays.
OOC,The mist is gone. It is your turn to act now. You cannot use the fungicide at this range, as it'll never reach the Mi-Go.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Handy,Hu's not thinking in turns. He'll wait for it to cycle, blaster at the ready.
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

As his prey leaps out of range, Lt. Barrett utters a frustrated growl and, keeping a wary eye on the now airborne alien, says, "Private Silver, assist me in carrying Private MacCrimmon. We'll retreat to the airlock. Be ready to drop him and fire should brainy up there," he glowers at the hovering alien, "...decide to grow some balls." He begins to back up slowly toward Pvt. MacCrimmon's prone form. Edward keys his comm and tries one more time, "Sergeant Kohl, this is Lieutenant Barrett. The staff has almost completed the boarding procedure for departure. Please relay your situation." Cursing under his breath, he prays that Kohl is still alive.
― H.P. Lovecraft
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"You'll have to carry him yourself sir, I'll cover us. Remember he has some sort of lightning gun - he doesn't need to come down and if he hits the ship I don't think that will be good either." Alison pocketed the fungicide and drew her 9mm and fired. All while backing up with Robert and Barret.
Rolls,I believe Alison should get 1 shot this round with drawing her weapon. but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3561163/]Handgun roll: 45% (1d100=46)[/url] It doesn't matter by so close.
Edit,I realized I was using a full fire extinguisher for the fungicide not a small aerosol so I will be carrying the extinguisher as I fire (if I can) or dropping it if I can't or it affects my shooting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alison's shot streaked within an inch of the Mi-Go as it rose high above her. It stopped in midair and pointed its strange weapon at her. The blue sparkly beam streaked straight for her!

Edward reached Robert's prone form, and he could see by the indicators on his suit displaying his vitals that the young man was still alive, just unconscious and suffering from hypothermia. Robert was heavy, and it would be difficult to lift him unaided.

"We're in the airlock leading out of the lab module, sir," replied Heinrich to Edward, "heading towards the reactor module. We should be at your position within ten minutes."
OOC,Yes, you can hold the fire extinguisher in your off hand and your pistol in the other. It just takes two hands to actually use the extinguisher. And you did get one shot in the previous round when you drew your weapon. This round, you would get three shots if the Mi-Go doesn't disable you, but you may want to roll Dodge instead. [b]Edward[/b], please make a Resistance Table roll pitting your STR of 11 against [b]Robert[/b]'s SIZ of 13. This gives you a 40% chance. This takes place in the previous round. You may act again in the current round, either to try again in the event that your first roll fails, or to taks some other action (such as drawing and firing your pistol).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Alison attempts to dodge the beam weapon but failed terribly.
Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3561294/]Dodge Roll: 61% (1d100=100)[/url] Rolled a 100. Figured her luck would run out sooner or later.

Return to “Episode 4”