IC-Ep 4-Back Door(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Heinrich)

The confrontation with the Mi-Go turns violent, and the survivors must flee Pluto for their lives. But will the crew of Styx Base bring humanity's doom back to Earth with them?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Back Door(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Heinrich)

Post by jaysun81 »

"In the future I'll see what I can do my friend." Story says to Lucius.

Upon hearing the Heinrich's report Story looks at him. "The fourth one fled undoubtedly to inform its comrades that the humans have better defensive capabilities than expected. One can only imagine what will show up in the next wave."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Story how quickly do you think the fourth Mi-Go can reach its comrades and return with reinforcements?" asks Elizabeth. "In any case we must try to help MacCrimmon." She sighs. "He was very kind to me before ..."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"That's hard to say." Looks at Elizabeth. "Being that they have shown themselves to be telepathic creatures reinforcements could very well already be on the way. Of course that depends on how far they can broadcast and how far away is their base. Regardless, you're quite right we should try to help MacCrimmon and the others."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Sure would love me one of those spray things," Lucius said to himself as he followed along feeling his dagger might be less than lethally effective on the creatures.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," said Heinrich. "MacCrimmon is a good man. I hope he'll be all right. I have a feeling that those additional Mi-Go heading for the base are the next wave of reinforcements, already alerted telepathically by the Mi-Go that were here. But you're right, there will no doubt be worse behind them. We must get off the planet before they show up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook says:"I know it would be too difficult and too risky to land the TARDIS aboard the ship, but could we use it to get to the docking bay? It would be much quicker..."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story hands Lucius the fungicide sprayer. "You would do well to have this my friend." Story looks at Brook. "If we had the time we could just use whatever equipment the Sergeant's colleagues used to move it in the first place. I could attempt to pilot the TARDIS to the docking bay but...we could just as easily end up somewhere far, far away leaving the base personnel to face who knows what horror. Such a precise manipulation of the TARDIS controls is beyond even my knowledge." Smiles. "While many on Gallifrey could do it...I can't." For a second shame crosses his face before vanishing. "No time for that though we've got Mi-Go coming in hot and wounded to tend to." Turns and faces the airlock.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius took the extinguisher in his hands and asked about to get quick directions on its operation.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The device Lucius held was not a large extinguisher like Elizabeth had. Instead, he had a small cylinder that he could hold and use with one hand, allowing him to wield the dagger in the other at the same time. Heinrich showed him which end of the odd tiny nozzle to point at the Mi-Go, and how to spray it by pressing down on the nozzle with his thumb. "I won't actually demonstrate it," he said. "It's only a small container, so there won't be all that much in there, and I don't want to waste it. Just hold the nozzle down and keep the spray trained on the bug until it dies. You'll have to be close to it, though. The spray will only reach about five or so feet away, maybe a little more."

The airlock finished cycling and the other door opened, revealing the arc of the corridor in the power module. Blood was still visible on the floor where Colonel Patel had fallen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Heinrich Kohl,"[b]Sergeant Kohl[/b], this is [b]Private Torres[/b]," said [b]Sofia[/b] on [b]Heinrich[/b]'s communicator. "I've just overridden the safety protocls on the airlocks between you and the docking bay, so you don't need to wait for them to cycle. The base will now depressurize since the docking bay is open to the atmosphere, so you'll need to make sure your suits remain sealed. How long will it take you to reach us now?"
"I estimate about another four minutes under the circumstances," said Heinrich into his communicator.
Heinrich Kohl,"We'll wait for you before we lift off, Sergeant. The Mi-Go won't arrive for another seven minutes."
"That was Private Torres," said Heinrich. "She overrode the safety protocols on the airlocks on our way to the docking bay, so we'll get there a lot quicker, a few minutes ahead of the Mi-Go. Just make sure your suits remain sealed."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods as he checks to insure his suit is sealed up. "Once you are reunited with your associates we will head back to the TARDIS and make our own departure."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius also checked his suit, and kept the press forward to get this over with as soon as possible.
smug_jaguar
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by smug_jaguar »

Sergent Kohl readies his sidearm, preparing for the worst. One can't be too careful.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook also checks her suit and follows behind the others. She briefly wondered what her former class mates would think if they could see her now, running around a space station on Pluto, ducking from airlock to airlock, under threat of attack from flying mushroom aliens. Smiling a little, she drew the conclusion they would probably think she was pretty darn cool.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The small group made its way quickly through the base and back to the docking bay. The only ship visible in the bay was Charon's Ferry, the huge transport. Demeter was presumably docked inside her, and Persephone had taken off earlier. Three liquefying Mi-Go corpses lay on the deck plates not far from the ship's airlock, and immediately in front of it were the smoking remains of a gravcart and a discarded aerosol spray bottle much like the one that Story carried. The dome was open to the sky, but no Mi-Go were visible.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
smug_jaguar
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by smug_jaguar »

"Thank you for all your assistance. I hope your next destination treats you better than this."says Kohl, before making his way quickly across the bay floor towards the airlock, keeping as far away from the Mi-Go corpses as possible, watching the sky outside.

"I am approaching Charon's Ferry as we speak. Are we ready for departure?" he says into his communicator.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, Sergeant, come aboard and secure yourself for liftoff," replied Major Orlova. "Everyone else, strap yourselves in as well. Once Sergeant Kohl is aboard, we take off."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook waves. "Thank you. Safe trip home."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story waves farewell in the direction of the Charon's Ferry. "Somethings not right...it can't be this easy." Looks at Brook before looking at his other two companions. "Well, back to the TARDIS we go. I'll take point. Lucius you cover our six." Story with Sonic Screwdriver in hand turns and prepares to retrace the path back to the Astrophysics lab.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Well at least the base crew are hopefully safe," muses Elizabeth, waving as well. "We must get back to the TARDIS as quickly as possible though. The Mi-Go could return at any time."

Return to “Episode 4”