IC-Ep 4-Isolation(Karin Bauer only)

The confrontation with the Mi-Go turns violent, and the survivors must flee Pluto for their lives. But will the crew of Styx Base bring humanity's doom back to Earth with them?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Isolation(Karin Bauer only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

General Pryce checked some figures on the ship's computer. "It looks like they'll rendezvous with us in about an hour," he said.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Good, the Chief should be awake by then, I'll give him some stimulants to help him readjust before we board and he'll, hopefully, be up and ready to resume duties when we board." "Hopefully free of any Mi-Go influence too, I'll have to check." Karin thinks to herself darkly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

General Pryce checked the scanners again. "Charon's Ferry is powering up engines," he reported. "I think they're about to lift off."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

A minute later, Major Natalia Orlova's voice came over the ship-to-ship communicator: "General, we've just taken off. We're leaving Pluto's atmosphere now. There is no sign of pursuit."

"Excellent," said General Pryce. "I'm transmitting my bearing to you now. Follow it until you catch us up, and then dock with us." His fingers flew over the touchscreen.

"Understood, sir. Orlova out."

Time passed with agonizing slowness. Nearly an hour later, Natalia spoke again. "Sir, we're coming up on your position. Prepare for docking."

"Will do, Major," responded the general.

Lt. Colonel Bruce stirred and his eyes opened.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin maneuvers herself to the Chief, "How're you doing Chief, Welcome back. You will probably feel a bit woozy for a bit, can you remember what happened?"

Psychology/medicine Roll if needed: 1d100=1
ooc,I probably can't post again until Friday.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I am fine," said the chief. "I remember that you drugged me. Why?"

Karin could see that Bruce had the same calm demeanor he had had before, not a trace of emotion anywhere within him. She also noticed to her dismay that General Pryce was acting the same way, and that he had been for some time, ever since they had been affected by the Mi-Go's buzzing in the medical lab. He was more convincing at seeming human than Bruce, but there were all sorts of little tells that she was only now noticing. The past disagreements between the two of them appeared to be feigned, almost choreographed, for the purpose of deceiving her and anyone else observing them. Everything Colonel Patel had told her about the general made perfect sense. The theory that they were puppets, and that the Mi-Go were pulling their strings, seemed well borne out by the evidence of their behavior.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin checks the Chief's vital signs. "I was worried about you Chief. You seemed to be acting strangely after your brush with the Mi-Go and I didn't want you to return to Earth except as yourself. I hoped that by putting you under it would allow your body total rest and away from influences. I'm happy to say it seems to have worked and you are fully fit to resume duties. Glad to have you back Chief!" She turns to the General, "How soon before we dock with the Charon's Ferry? I want to get to the wounded as soon as possible. I'll just tidy up the galley." She pats the Chief on the arm and smiles, then she pulls herself to the galley.

As soon as she's out of sight her face sinks into an expression of desperateness. Colonel Patel was right! And now she is stuck in a small craft hurtling across the solar system with two alien enemies. Maybe she could somehow sabotage the Persephone and prevent the Mi-Go reaching Charon's Ferry or Earth but then how would other humans know what really happened? And that would be her own death too. She has a terrible thought; what if the General could read her mind and they were, right now, coming to silence her? La la la, one banana, two banana, three banana four!
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin continues to think of bland thoughts and heads back to the cockpit. "Everything shipshape back there, ready for docking Sir." She straps herself back into her chair, checks her kit and watches the screen for the first sign of the Charon's Ferry. "Is it possible for me to send a message to The Charon's Ferry Sir? Or are we docking soon?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I understand," Bruce said to Karin.

Karin could see on the scanners that Charon's Ferry was very close.

"We are docking now," said General Pryce, holding Perspehone steady while the larger vessel closed in. The two ships coupled in space, their airlocks sealing together. Everything went smoothly and routinely.

"General, docking is complete," reported Major Natalia Orlova over the ship-to-ship communicator. "You may board when ready."

"We are coming," replied General Pryce. He unstrapped himself and stood up. Bruce did likewise.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin also unstraps her self and stands up. "I'll be glad to get to the larger ship- more space. I hope my lab is set up." She picks up her med bag and fire extinguisher. She waits for the two COs to move towards the door. "I'll just send a message if that's okay." As she passes the flight desk she depresses the comm button, "Captain Bauer here, please ready the med bay, we have a fire hazard." She releases it and turns to the General, 'Sorry Sir, bit of an in-joke from the in-bound trip but it never hurts to improve morale, they will be very down after the precipitous evacuation. I should have a word with 2nd Lt. Colleen Rose; we'll need to draw up a counseling programme for the trip home." She waits for the doors to open.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Roger that," replied Natalia over the comm. "The medical bay is already set up."

"Excellent idea, Captain," said General Pryce. He opened the door to the airlock, and the three of them entered. The two men did not appear in any way suspicious of Karin.

It did not take long for the ships' airlocks to cycle, as the environment was already pressurized on both sides. Before long, they were able to board Charon's Ferry.
OOC,I presume you take the fire extinguisher with you. [b]Karin[/b], you are moving to the thread linked below.
Take the Long Way Home
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4”