IC-Ep 4-Hasty Departure(Everyone)

The confrontation with the Mi-Go turns violent, and the survivors must flee Pluto for their lives. But will the crew of Styx Base bring humanity's doom back to Earth with them?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 4-Hasty Departure(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

THE NINTH PLANET
EPISODE 4
Docking Bay - Styx Base, Pluto
0840 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

A few minutes later, the airlock opened again. It contained Captain Karin Bauer, Lt. Colleen Rose, Sergeant Heinrich Kohl, Story, Elizabeth, Lucius, and Brook.

"All humanzzz are now accounted for," said the Mi-Go. "Exzzzellent."

"We have a request," said General Pryce. "According to our protocols, our security chief must undergo a complete examination by our medical officer before he is allowed to board our ship, considering he was in your custody."

"Requezzzt denied. There have been too many delayzzz already. You humanzzz will all board your vezzzelzzz and depart for Earth. Immediately."

Story and his companions knew that if they were forced to go to Earth aboard ship, they would be leaving the TARDIS behind and would likely never see it again.

"Then we have no choice but to comply," said General Pryce. "We can still follow our protocols, after a fashion. The Persephone has a crew capacity of three. Captain Bauer, you shall return to Earth aboard her with Lt. Colonel Bruce. That will suffice to keep him in isolation until you have had time to examine him. The third member of your crew will need to be a pilot. Lt. Hu would be an acceptable choice. I need Captain Desjardins to fly Charon's Ferry. She will load the Demeter into Charon's Ferry while the rest of us board."
OOC,[b]Karin[/b], [b]Colleen[/b], and [b]Heinrich[/b], please roll Sanity for seeing the Mi-Go. Everyone else has already seen these Mi-Go and does not need to roll. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. However, [b]Karin[/b] has already lost 2 Sanity for seeing the first Mi-Go, so she can lose a maximum of 4. Any loss of more than 4 counts as only 4. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea. If you fail the Idea roll, you may act freely, the same as if you lose less than 5 Sanity. If you succeed at the Idea roll, you go temporarily insane.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 4-Hasty Departure(Everyone)

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Regarding 'millions of Mi-Go' ... just because he said there were millions don't mean there are ... or that they're all alive. Lucius isn't one to take anyone at their word anymore.
Lucius says quietly to Story, "Not really liking our options here, my despot." He leaned to Brook and whispered, "An aureus says they attack the ships once they take sail."
ooc,Despot is a Roman term for lord, master. Figured it was fitting for a Time Lord. Aureus is a gold coin in Roman currency.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Karin is more horrified at the idea of spending her journey back to Earth with Lt. Colonel Bruce than seeing more MI-Go. She jabs her finger at the General,"That is not sufficient and you know it! You are putting Lt. Hu and me at unnecessary risk; even if we survived the journey back we'd be contaminated with whatever it is Bruce has got."
She turns to the aliens, "And you lot! What's the big rush? You've been here for goodness knows how long, what difference is twenty minutes going to make? How do we know all this racing around is going to do us any good anyway- how do we know you're not going to blow us out the atmosphere like you did with the last crew?"
She swings back round on the General, "And another thing, you can't expect the visitors to travel back with us to earth, they need to go on their own ship!"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius smirked, "Oh, I do like her, Story. She has gumption."
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette considdered her options. She loocked on to General Pryces channel, opening up on Story too and said:
General Pryce and Story,"Sir. If I am to safely pilot the Charons ferry back to earth, I need the newcomers ship as a tertiary emergency unit. I know that the Mi-goo are abel to override all our safetycodes, and can not be certain that they have not tampered with our ships. It would not be according to security regulations to abandon any functioning ship at the base when we evacuate. I am sure you can reason with the Mi-goo so that we can get the ship, it will not take longer than loading the other two ships into the Charon anyway. Right mr. Story. You and your crew can get your ship here in a wiff? "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Captain Bauer, you are out of line," said General Pryce. "I am trying to make the best I can out of a difficult situation, to prevent an interplanetary war, and, incidentally, to get all of us home in one piece. We don't know whether or not Lt. Colonel Bruce is contaminated with anything, or whether it is contagious if he is. Our suits would insulate us in any case, as long as we do not break the seals before your examination is complete. And if he does turn out to have some alien pathogen, there is always the airlock. But perhaps you are right about one thing. I do not want to risk losing Lt. Hu either. His mind is irreplaceable. I am an accomplished pilot in my own right, though it has been some time since I've flown. I would be willing to take the risk myself, to fly Persephone back to Earth with you and the chief." He nodded to Juliette. "I will see what I can do."

"You humanzzz have attacked uzzz without provocation," buzzed the Mi-Go leader. "We dezzzire that you leave now becauzzze we do not truzzzt you. We will do you no harm, but we cannot be zzzertain you will not harm uzzz again. We merely want you to return whenzzze you came. We did not blow the Perzzzephone out of the atmozzzphere. It izzz right there, intact." It extended a pincer towards the craft. "The crew livezzz azzz well. Our ambazzzador will arrange for their repatriation."

"It is true," said Lt. Colonel Bruce. "I saw them and spoke to them while I was with the Mi-Go."

"What izzz thizzz about thezzze humanzzz having another vezzzel?" The Mi-Go now pointed its extremity at Story and his companions. "It izzz not in the docking bay. How izzz thizzz pozzzible?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at Lucius opening his mouth to speak but before he could answer he received the communication from Juliette. As Story responds he chooses not to turn towards Juliette or the General.
Juliette,[color=#0000FF]"I'm afraid it doesn't exactly work that way. It was due to a navigation error that we even arrived here in the first place. She's an old model and can be quite stubborn."[/color] Turning towards Juliette he says: [color=#0000FF]"As much as it pains me to say this the [i]Charon's Ferry[/i] is indeed the best bet for you and your colleagues to leave this place...but we can't join you."[/color]
Finally Story addresses the Mi-Go who is speaking. "None of that matters now... after all you've asked for everyone to leave. Besides she's really not that impressive...poor navigation, horrid appearance, wheezes and whines while in motion, and the desktop theme oh don't get me started on that." Smiles. "However, I must say there's no place like home and she is indeed that. So if you'll excuse us... we really must be on our way."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook nods first to Lucius, then to Story as he speaks. She to is impressed with Karen standing up to her boss, and waits quietly to hear if the Mi Go will let them go to their ship.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth listens as the others talk, aware that negotiations may be on a knife edge. She hopes they can return to the TARDIS peacefully, but doubts the Mi-Go will let them.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Zzztop!" commanded the Mi-Go. "Thizzz izzz a trick!"

"It is no trick," said General Pryce. "Their craft is not like these. It is some form of transmat, apparently."

"Interezzzting," said the Mi-Go. "We thought human tranzzzmat technology wazzz too primitive to reach Pluto. Thizzz zzztill could be a trick. Why zzzhould we truzzzt you humanzzz?"

"We have to start trusting each other sometime, if we're to coexist in peace. I have a proposal. As a show of good faith, I will depart at once with Lt. Colonel Bruce and Captain Bauer on board the Persephone. The rest of the base crew will complete the evacuation in Charon's Ferry under the command of Major Orlova, and the visitors can leave in their own craft."

"We muzzzt make zzzertain. I will need to accompany the vizzzitorzzz. Then it will be aczzzeptable." The Mi-Go flew towards the airlock where Story and the others waited.

"Excellent," the general said. "Captain Bauer, Lt. Colonel Bruce, you will come with me." He led the way to the Persephone, and the security chief followed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Remembering that Story had taken one of the fireexstinguishers, Juliette looked to see if he held onto it as she saluted General Pryce. "Permission to check one minor detail about the Persephone before you take flight. She was kind of sluggish as I brought her here, I just need to check her batterycells, you can all board. I can do this from the outside at the outside rearpanel with the help of either lt. Hu or Private Torres. Just don't start her up before we are clear?"
mr. Handy,Juliette wants to make sure that she will know if the Persephone arms her weaponssystem, and needs the help of preferably Sofia Torres, but as she is missing in action, Lt. Hu would be more fair on the player. Juliette knows zip about computers, (but as she can navigate the ships she should know how to access the systems) and need help from one or both of them to hack the nav-computer.
Looking over at Brook, Juliette suddenly smiles. Opens a comlink only at her and says:
Brook,"Heres looking at you kid, remember to bring a fireextinguisher in case you gets firebugs up your pants." She obviously mingles a lot of quotes on purpose. As she winx at the girls, she says. "Safe journey home, whenever that might be, keep your channel open. And your spacesuits on. I have a feeling this station is gonna get punctured before long."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded and was grateful to hear they would let them return to the T.A.R.D.I.S. He was mildly concerned, however, that once the creature that accompanied them there saw the machine, it might change its mind and decide to keep the machine for itself. The Roman determined if that were to happen, he'd sacrifice himself to make sure Brook and Story could leave safely.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Hu nods inside his suit and speaks up, finding his voice. "I can definitely help with that. No sense in us running out of power on the way back to Earth."
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Did you forget about [b]Elizabeth[/b]? ;)
Juliette Desjardins,To interface with the ship's computer, you'll need to go aboard [i]Persephone[/i]. It's fine to have [b]Sofia[/b] help out with this too, as she's the best at it, and I can NPC her as needed. She'd be glad to help anyway.
"It would be a good idea to check her out before we take off," said General Pryce to Juliette. "All right, Captain, but make it quick. I don't know how much longer the Mi-Go are willing to wait."

"Can I help too, ma'am?" asked Sofia, an eager smile on her face.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook nods at Juliette, answering privately if possible: "Time is irrelevant. We go where the story is. Hope yours continue for a long time yet." She hopes to bring along one of the smaller containers of fungicide.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth sees Juliette talk, and Brook respond, but cannot hear what they say. However she takes the chance to thank Juliette, and Karin if possible as well, opening up a comm link to both if she can: "Thank you for all your help. Take care of yourself."
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Hu addressed the General. "Sir, I'd like to assist in the check. We can't miss anything because we're... rushed." He lets a sidelong glance at the creatures.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Karin is quiet as her death sentence (or so it seems to her) is passed. she opens up her comm link to Story's party and Sergeant Kohl and speaks woodenly, "As much as I'd like to be the one to guide you back to your ship I think Sergeant Kohl may be the only choice acceptable to the General. Farewell travellers." she marches over to the fire extinguishers, muttering about 'supplies' and picks one up. (If there are enough spare). Then, while she still has friends close by she walks over to the security chief realising that he hasn't actually spoken for some time. "Okay Chief, are you ready to board the Persephone? I've been trying to remember who Persephone was in real life - can you remember? We had that long boring lecture before we left Earth."
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette reponds the general on an open channel. "Sir, the two of them will be acceptable for the work. Thank you, Sir. We will work fast." Juliette then locks on to Lt. Hu and private Torres comlinks.
Lt. hu and Sofia," Lt. Hu, Private Torres. This is what we do. We run a systemcheck, but at the same time we, probably you Sofia, or lt. Hu, open a channel from the artillery guidance system to the Charons ferry, so that we can be notified if someone or something on the Persephone suddenly turns on us. In case the Mi-goo has any mindpowers. Some bugs or whatever in the system, or in any one personnel. We need to do this quickly. And secretly. We need to be able to stop any missiles that lock in to the Charon in case captain Bauer are right in her misgivings. Are the two of you up to the task?"
She then walks over to the Persephone and speaks on open channel. "Sof.. Private Torres, you check the mainframe inside, Lt. Hu, You check the fuel and engine computer. I run a diagnostics on the navcom, so that we can do the tests efficiently. And be certain of the ships integrity. " She then walks rapidly towards the Persephone. Passes lt. col. Bruce, and asks him.

" Have you eaten any pomegranateseeds sir?" She says with a smile. " I hope not." Turning towards Captein Bauer, she says: "May we just quickly check the ship before you board mam, it will go quicker from the inside."
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Hu responds on a private channel to Juliette and Sofia. He keeps his mouth still as he speaks.
Juliette and Sofia,"[color=#BF0000][i]Shi[/i], right there with you.[/color]"
He heads to the ship and waits to hop on to perform the checks.

Return to “Episode 4”