The Trapdoor

Investigators must deal with the difficulties of the British Home Front during 1941 on a day to day basis only to find that the entities and cultist of the Mythos are finding ways to turn these problems to their own advantage.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: The Trapdoor

Post by Laraqua »

"As you wish," says the doctor simply to Doug. "Now if you'll excuse me...." He heads down the stairs.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

John clambers up off the trapdoor and allows it to be opened. He watches the doctor almost sadly as he descends and disappears down the stairs. He turns to Doug. "I, I think we should go right now, through that other door while we have a chance." He wipes his hands nervously on the back of trousers.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Mr. Handy wrote:Image

"Julia may need our help," says Irene. "Besides, at least some of us should keep an eye on the doctor. I'm willing to go down."
Look at him, Irene, look at John. There is something downthere that did it to him and if Julia was all right why didn't she came and knocked on the trapdoor from below?
Doug replies
What do you say?
Doug asks the others as well.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I know something terrible must have happened down there," says Irene. "Am I scared? I'm bloody terrified! But I can't abandon Julia. We don't all have to go down there, and in fact it's best of some of us stay up here to keep an eye on John. I'm a bad choice for that. He doesn't like me very much right now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Are you coming?" asks the stranger downstairs, waiting on the bottom step. "I'd rather not delay any longer."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John leans over and whispers in Doug's ear,
Doug,"More fool you if you don't leave now but I'll stay with you. I know who they are now and I'll be on my guard, they won't catch me out again! I'll give you good warning if I can."
He gives Irene and Florence a hard measuring look and then moves to the back of the room by the shelves and waits near William.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm coming," says Irene, making her way carefully down the stairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

William, care John. Hewitt, join us.
Doug says
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John follows last of all. He's looking decidedly nervous.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I'll stay up here with William," says Florence with a meaningful glance at the door. She lifts her fingers to the side of her face and waggles it like she's speaking into a phone receiver.

Hewitt nods, frowning, and heads down the stairs after Irene and Doug. John follows behind him.

The doctor stands at the threshold of the door, looking at them all curiously. "You all seem rather anxious. Are you sure you're up to it?" Before they can respond he simply says, "Very well," and opens the door, stepping inside and striding toward where a group of those patients stand - now spattered with remnants of blood - around a bloody stain and patches of tattered cloth. There's no sign of bone nor meat. The patients still appear to be catatonic.

(Sanity Loss 1/1d4 for the scene).

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene winces a little, but she keeps it together. She has seen more gruesome things in the Blitz, but it isn't usually someone she knows. "Poor Julia..." she says. "No wonder he lost it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

San (1d100=87) - Fail
San loss (1d4=1)

The agitated past gangster stares at the scene.
What the hell? What happened here? They did it ??
His nervous are on the edge, if the doctor was beside him Doug would have lost it and punch him hard for being responsible for what he sees.
You are on a big trouble doctor.
He says as he grits his teeth
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Coming last down the stairs John can only see glimpses of the room beyond everyone else but even that is too much as memories begin flooding back.
Irene winces a little, but she keeps it together. She has seen more gruesome things in the Blitz, but it isn't usually someone she knows. "Poor Julia..." she says. "No wonder he lost it."
Irene's callously calm words just prove to John how inhuman she is and he suddenly realises that William is upstairs alone with another one of the women. "Nooo! William!" He turns and rushes back up the stairs.
insanity rolls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4157785/]1d100=97, 1d4=2[/url]
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Doctor you better give us some answers why the group killed the poor lady and why they are here or else!
Doug says as he takes out the butchers knife. He feels unsecure and motions for the rest of his friends to stand ready near the stairs if they will have to run up after John and away from here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Careful," says Irene. "Dr. Houston is the only one who knows how to handle them, so you can't kill him, and threatening him doesn't get anywhere. We also don't know what will set this lot off, but stabbing him might just do it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Not to mention the distinctly immoral nature of stabbing a doctor for such a petty reason," says the doctor. "I'm only trying to perform groundbreaking research in much needed transplant theory that could revolutionise how we treat our poor mutilated returning soldiers."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That too," says Irene, "though I don't think he goes in for niceties like that. I wouldn't kill you, but I'm not satisfied that there's nothing improper about your experiments. I still don't know where you got all these people, but it's hard for me to believe that they all volunteered with full knowledge of what they were in for. Then, of course, there's the fact that they killed my friend. There's hardly anything left of her! So I still think some explanations are in order."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Three of the 'patients' twitch, their heads jerking upright, though none appear to be looking at Irene just yet.

"I am well aware of what happened to your friend," said the doctor, going over to one of the steel counters. "None of this would have happened if you hadn't decided to open the cell doors." He pushes something beneath the counter and the door swings shut and clicks behind you all. "Consent is not a requirement for such vital experimentation! Informed consent would ruin the effects of the results, especially considering the general selfishness and self interest of the average Briton."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene lowers her voice. "We'll just see what the authorities have to say about that later," she says. "I think we'd best not make any loud noises. They may react to sound."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Irene, he just locked us down here! I think he wants us to be his next patients.
The former mobster kicks the door behind them and turn to face the doctor
I'm saying it one time only. Open the door or else...
Doug looks at Irene and whisper
I will beat him, I honestly freaking do

Return to “Home Front Mythos”