The Trapdoor

Investigators must deal with the difficulties of the British Home Front during 1941 on a day to day basis only to find that the entities and cultist of the Mythos are finding ways to turn these problems to their own advantage.

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: The Trapdoor

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene approaches the counter where Dr. Houston stands, trying to see the hidden catch or switch he must have tripped to shut the door. "Doctor, please open the door," she says. "I don't like being cut off from my friends."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

John bursts through the trap door in the room upstairs, "William! Are you okay up here? She hasn't done anything has she?" He looks wildly around.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Neither of them are in the room. It looks like John is entirely alone! There's another door but it appears to be locked.
Show,Butcher room post incoming....
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,Can everyone other than John go to the Norbury at Night thread? If William's player returns, PM me.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John tries the other door but it seems securely locked. There's no blood anywhere so it doesn't look like the woman has eaten William but he's at a total loss as to what has happened. He scratches himself nervously and makes his way over to the shelves. He's having a look at a jar of liquid when he hears a gun shot down stairs. He drops the jar in shock and the liquid sprays down his trousers and over the floor. "Oh no, oh no, it's happening again." He sidles over to the trap door, unconsciously wiping the liquid off his trousers, and calls down, "Hello? Doug? Hewitt?" He's too scared to go down and stands there indecisively, listening.

(fail)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

He hears nothing but he has the feeling that the coin has been tossed. Will he be lucky or unlucky?

(Luck Roll)

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

luck,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4178435/]1d100=1[/url] Can I save this roll for a special occasion?! :D
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,There is no more special occasion than this. I will update you when I know how the others are going.
He hears the door click.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John spins round and looks for somewhere to hide; he's not going to get caught out this time. He decides to flatten himself against the wall so he's behind the door when it opens; hoping to leap out and jump on the person/thing when it steps into the room. Unfortunately his toolbag was dropped in the room below so he has only his fists for defense.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door opens as Doug and Irene come rushing through, hauling a seemingly catatonic Hewitt between them. John may choose to attack or hold off on doing so.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John holds off jumping on them at the last minute. He's relieved to see Doug is okay but there's still that woman... He waits, silently to see what she does before making his presence known. Although they only have to turn round to see his hulking shaped looming behind the door.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Close the trapddor and bar it!
Doug calls to John.
You don't want to know what lies downstairs. Irene, help me ... where is Florence? god my shoulder ... they fucking bit me !!
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, shut the trapdoor and get something heavy on it before they get up here!" calls Irene, sinking to the floor next to Doug. Borrowing some medical supplies from Florence, she gets to work on his first wound and does an outstanding job, her instincts taking over. She manages to stop the bleeding and patch up the injury.
OOC,That was a critical success at First Aid, so it might heal more than just the 2 HP I rolled. [b]Doug[/b] has a second wound that can also be treated, but [b]Florence[/b] might be working on that one while I handle the other.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no one else upstairs. Florence and William are nowhere in sight.
OOC,I'm happy for you to roll twice to heal it and you can roll for the next injury.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene finished cleaning and bandaging Doug's first cut, then started on the second. However, that one proved more difficult. "I think I'll need Florence to help with this one," she says. "Where did she go?"
OOC,[b]Doug[/b] got a total of 3 HP back from the first injury, but nothing back yet from the second. Can I roll to treat my own minor injuries?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Once Irene finish to work on him, Doug stands and tries to find something heavy to put on the door.
Thanks. Treat him, he lost it I think.

He says to Irene as he looks at Hewitt.
John, where is William and Florence and the old man (he was a priest right?) that joined us ?
We must get out of here ... Julia is dead, the doctor is dead I guess and there are freaking worm-infested-mouth cannibals down there.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"I don't know what happened to William or the old man." says John dully. He drags over any moveable but heavy table or bench over the closed trapdoor. "The other door is locked now."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene shivers. "It was a nightmare down there," she says. "For a bit there I thought it would be goodnight, Irene." She does what she can to help Hewitt, checking him for injuries and trying to bring him to his senses.
OOC,I can roll First Aid if he's injured, but without Psychoanalysis I don't have much chance of snapping him out of his temporary insanity. However, it hopefully won't last much longer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Hewitt is uninjured in body, only in mind. He continues to stare off into the middle distance, knuckles white on his gun, mouth moving slowly as though muttering to himself.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene speaks to Hewitt soothingly as she cradles his head in her arms, but he doesn't seem to respond. "I think I know what's wrong with him," she says, "but there's not much I can do for him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Home Front Mythos”