Norbury At Night

Investigators must deal with the difficulties of the British Home Front during 1941 on a day to day basis only to find that the entities and cultist of the Mythos are finding ways to turn these problems to their own advantage.

Moderator: Laraqua

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Norbury At Night

Post by yockenthwaite »

Florence looks back briefly at the people from the cages, relieved to see John looking after them, before bracing herself for whatever may lie beyond the trapdoor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

(The brave five head into the other room and up the stairs into a new thread....)

As John shuffles them back into the cell he sees one of the women with long, straggly hair, twitch her head so severely her ear taps her shoulder. She then flinches, shudders, her jaw working as though in some queer approximation of speech. The others are still, so very still, but she seems somewhat more animate. Are the drugs wearing off? The others remain as strange and zombie-like as before, seemingly unaware of their clothing, warmth, or modesty.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

John turns the woman around and holds her hands as he stands in front of her. "Hello, can you hear me?" He looks into her eyes for any flicker of response and wonders at how her neck must hurt.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The woman continues to try to work her jaw, her eyes staring past him in a glazed and confused manner. Slowly, her eyes swivel toward his face and she utters a small moan, more the escape of breath than any significant sound.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"What's your name? Can you talk?" John gives her a gentle shake.
ooc,This will be my last post until about 1st June, please npc John where necessary.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The woman doesn't respond to the shake and returns to her previously motionless state.

"This is so eerie," murmurs Julia. "What's been happening here? Where's my grandfather? How can this have happened?"

John just shook his head, still examining the woman's face. He had no answers to give.

Barely a minute passes before the door reopens and Irene and William re-enter, carrying armfuls of clothing.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hi," says Irene, bringing the piles of clothing over. "We found a wardrobe full of proper clothes upstairs. Julia, would you help me get the ladies dressed? There are only three fellows here, so one of you gentlemen might want to fetch the rest of the clothing."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Are you sure about that?" asked Julia. "I don't think I'd want someone to dress me if I was ... I don't know, it just seems so ... so intimate."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, that is a good point," says Irene. "Right now, they're not going to dress themselves, so the alternative is to leave them like this. Maybe they'll come to their senses eventually, and we can just leave the clothes here for them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by dormire »

William deposits his armload of clothes and begins his slow ascent back up the stairs.
“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene also leaves the clothes she carried behind and heads back, assisting William up the stairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John shrugs, "Clothing them makes more sense in the long run, however inappropriate it may seem now. Miss, you do the ladies and I'll do the gentlemen." He rummages around in the clothing and tries to match them up to the men. "I wonder what all this old clothes are doing down here anyway." He has a look for laundry marks or name tags as he goes.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Julia nods. "Okay."

Most of the clothes don't have laundry marks. They're washed by wives and mothers, most likely, but the few that do have them point to a local laundry in Norbury. Most of the people here must be locals as well.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,Irene and William are on the stairs and will most likely hear a gun retort. You will automatically come in last in the Initiative but can head upstairs in that turn if you like.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A gunshot cracks through the silence coming from upstairs and Julia startles, darting over to grab John's arm. Even the woman who had moaned before startles and her head slowly swivels again toward John, a deep-throated sigh rattling up from her throat, like someone coming out of the deep sleep of sedation. The woman's fingers twitch as though only just now realising that she can use them.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"What the blazes! That damn Yank, trigger happy no doubt." John attempts to pacify his own worried thoughts and those of Julia. "So these people can react to stimulus, I wish the nurse was here, she'd know what to do with them, I'm just an engineer." He realises he is babbling, pats Julia's hand and stoops to his tool bag for the biggest wrench he can find; thinks better of it and walks over to the door. He tries to listen for any other noises up the stairs.
listen (25),[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4093341/]1d100=14[/url]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Julia shrieks and backs up a couple of steps. As John looks over at her, he sees her staring at the patient a bit in confusion. Julia shakes her head in relief. "Sorry. I just ... she reached for me." She took a couple steps over to the woman and takes her hand. "Are you okay? I'm sorry. You scared me."

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John mutters, "These people are freaking me out." He can't hear anything else upstairs. "Must have been a loose shot, there's no other noise." He comes back to Julia. "Let's finish dressing them. I want to get it over with." He grabs some clothing and turns to the last man to be dressed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The man stands still as he lifts first one foot, then the other, to slip the trousers on which is rather awkward to do when they're doing nothing but keeping their own balance. Its also disturbing considering his man parts are only a few inches away. Putting on the man's shirt is far easier but when John comes around the front to do up the top button, the man begins to whisper something under his breath. Something that John can't quite hear from his distance. Perhaps if he moved his ear a little closer....

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John frowns, "I think this one is trying to say something." He says to Julia. He leans closer to the man's mouth.

(failed listen)

Return to “Home Front Mythos”