Norbury At Night

Investigators must deal with the difficulties of the British Home Front during 1941 on a day to day basis only to find that the entities and cultist of the Mythos are finding ways to turn these problems to their own advantage.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Norbury At Night

Post by Laraqua »

Hewitt shoots the doctor, felling him with a shot between the eyes as his pets stumble out of the way. Irene reaches the door unmolested but the creatures move towards Doug, jaws dislocating with sickening crunches to reveal twisted centipedal creatures that writhe and dance toward him. He lashes out with his knife and strikes one right down the middle, gutting it and causing the person it puppets to hit the floor. One of the centipedal things slashes towards him but misses as does the other. Slowed by his decision to attack he hasn't yet made it to the door.

Hewitt's eyes widen in shock and horror as he sees the thing move towards him and realises once more the horrors that lurk beneath the skin of the world. He understands ... fully ... and it breaks him. He whimpers and sinks to his knees, firing in vain at the creatures but unable to otherwise try to flee.
Sanity Loss,1 /1d6 for everyone.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene keeps her wits about her. "Help me get him out of here," she hisses to Doug. "There's too many of them! We can seal the trapdoor from above." She takes hold of Hewitt from behind, making sure to stay out of his line of fire, and tries to pull him through the door.
OOC,As long as [b]Doug[/b] doesn't go insane, we should be able to move him working together with no problem - we have a combined STR of 29.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

SAN roll (1d100=65) - Fail
SAN lose (1d6=1) - lucky me.

God, What is this thing !!
Doug call out and decides to flee with Irene. He grabs Hewitt as they escape through the door and up the stairs to the trapdoor.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Irene doubles back to help Doug grab Hewitt but it makes them sitting ducks for some of those creatures. Luckily the first centipedal strike misses but the second strikes true and tears across Doug's shoulder. The third is obviously excited by the scent of blood, eyes rolling wildly in her head, as its extremity bulges out of its mouth and burrows into Doug's shoulder, luckily most of it bounces off the bone but it still hurts like hell. The duo still manage to drag Hewitt over to the door, pulling it open as the creatures lunge after them but moments before they could strike again they suddenly pause and stand still, centipoidal implements waving in the air like antennae.

OOC: It took two rounds to haul him out and attempt to close the door on the pursuers so they got further attacks. I hand rolled a d10 to see who got hurt the most. Please make Spot Hidden checks.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene is far too preoccupied to notice anything as she makes her escape.
OOC,Does [b]Doug[/b] get a chance to roll Dodge against those attacks?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,No, as he's helping you haul a large man whose not even moving his legs at maximum speed and that greatly limits his manuevrability and his ability to see the attacks coming - since they're technically attacking from behind. If you guys wanted to dodge, you'd need to take twice as long to back up to those doors and you'd need to drop Hewitt the moment they attacked you which would negate the purpose of the attempt. If Doug were being knifed rather than being struck from above, I'd be cheeky and let him use Hewitt as a human shield but these attacks strike down from above so he couldn't use him as a human shield even if he wanted to.

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Spot (1d100=59) - Fail

Damn! That thing bit me!
Doug cries outloud as they flee up the stairs
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It's hard going manipulating Hewitt upstairs but at the very least there are no further attacks. The creatures don't even attempt to get through the door as it swings shut. Doug feels warm blood running down his back. Hopefully there's no infection connected with those things....

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Move into the Trapdoor thread.

Return to “Home Front Mythos”