Chit-Chat

Investigators must deal with the difficulties of the British Home Front during 1941 on a day to day basis only to find that the entities and cultist of the Mythos are finding ways to turn these problems to their own advantage.

Moderator: Laraqua

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by Mr. Handy »

Laraqua is still active on her blog. She's disappeared from this site for months at a time before, but she's always come back. Some of her games have stalled out in the past as a result, often because players give up waiting, but I'll definitely be ready to keep playing whenever she returns. I'm hoping it'll be soon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Mr. Handy wrote:Laraqua is still active on her blog. She's disappeared from this site for months at a time before, but she's always come back. Some of her games have stalled out in the past as a result, often because players give up waiting, but I'll definitely be ready to keep playing whenever she returns. I'm hoping it'll be soon.
I wish I could say the same, but I'm fighting a very aggressive progressive disease that could kill me at anytime. I don't know how long I've got, or even - at a better outcome - how long I can be productive for. So I'd like to get on with things now. And not wait months for a keeper to maybe come back :(

But we'll see what happens.
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by dormire »

Jesus, Yock. So sorry to hear that. We don't need to lose any more role-players these days, or we'll become a society of PC and console gamers. That would be terrifying. My thoughts are with you and hope you enjoy the best in care.
“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Thanks. I may be around for years yet :) But things are incredibly uncertain. Currently waiting for the medics to decide on a new highly experimental treatment. Fingers crossed. So you ain't rid of me yet. But I'm getting on with things sooner rather than later.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I thought what I have is bad, but it's probably not going to kill me. I hope the experimental treatment helps you, if they decide to try it, and that your condition will improve.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I got a PM from Laraqua on Yog-Sothoth.com. She has been unable to log in, and she told me that the site is not recognizing her password or email. Hopefully we'll get this straightened out soon so she can return.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Yeah, I've had a wedding and then a honeymoon and then log-in troubles. This particular forum also wasn't letting me post for a few weeks beforehand. I could post in other threads, even this OOC thread, but not in the main thread. Time to see if that will remain the same....

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Yockenthwaite, fingers crossed. Science can achieve some miraculous things. I hope one of those miracles becomes standard practice and helps you out.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by dormire »

By the by, fellow players, for those of you who are interested in MMORPGs, I've been playing The Secret World, a modern-day MMO based on H.P. Lovecraft's writings, Japanese horror fiction and pulp fiction in general. It's a free-to-play, so you only need to purchase the software (downloadable, of course). The end-game content is a bit light, but I'd recommend it just for the writing and voice talent. Jeffrey Combs is in this! FunCom is planning another major update around September, I believe, but in the interim they are releasing "modules" that can be downloaded for a fee and usually consist of 4-6 missions following the overarching storyline. I'm on the RP server Arcadia, using the character nickname Saeuberung, so if you give it a try, look me up. :)
“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've heard of The Secret World, but I don't really have time to play MMOs. I did recently play a couple of excellent games from FunCom (The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, from which I'm sure the name Arcadia is derived), so I'm sure it's really good.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It seems my issue has been attempting to post a string of dashes to break up a post between characters. Whenever I do that, I can't post.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

I'm on the edge re continuing with the game I'm afraid. There are big gaps between keeper posting (it's been well over 2 weeks since my post, and no keeper response yet). And I have significant dementia like problems from brain damage causing huge memory problems. So the longer we wait between posts, the harder it is for me to keep up the momentum of the game.

Will there be posts soon? I have seen Laraqua's posts on the Yoggie board re keeper issues, and I am sympathetic. But we players are still being kept - again - in limbo. And I'm not sure how long I can keep doing that. I've never pulled out of a game, but this is becoming mighty tempting :( Please post to us here to let us know what is going on and what your plans are.

Thanks.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I haven't responded because I'm waiting for more information from Royya - a clarification, really - so that I know what'll happen next. All threads are frozen until I know what happens next, but I thought it best not to over emphasise that as it gives Royya's choice undue credence to what might have been a rather trivial situation. Didn't want to lead the player by the hand.

Quote: "Is he going to crouch down to tip it out? After all, if it does try to move he'll have to throw the knife if he's standing."

If you're finding the delays too problematic than it might be worth dropping out of the game. I don't want to lose you but I can't promise that there won't be further delays - either due to myself or other players. In truth I haven't been in a forum game that hasn't had a couple weeks between posts - sometimes months - so I don't notice it as much. If you've had better luck then I'm glad for you and sorry I trashed your winning streak. All I can say is that my Silent Hill game threads run much quicker due to the one-player-per-thread-action (had a few threads that received posts from me and the player thrice per day for awhile there) but solo games aren't for everyone.

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

I've played in half a dozen games so far, and haven't had long delays in them. So I've maybe been a bit spoiled ;)

Thanks for the advice. I think I'd be best dropping out. I am struggling a lot to keep up with the gaps, and always have to reread (which is also hard cos of the brain damage) lots of past posts to remember where I was and what had happened recently that was relevant. So I think the best thing for us all would be for me to sign out. Never done that before. Erm.

Anyway thanks for the quick reply, and best wishes for the future. And thanks for the game. If you want feedback from me on how it went from my perspective (not the timing issues, but the scenario content) PM me and I'll be happy to answer any questions. I seem to remember it was a scenario planned for inclusion in a monograph.

I'm going to unsubscribe from all the relevant threads, so won't see followups.

Wishing everyone all the best :)
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Sorry, I did not realize that you are waiting for me.
I think I was quite clear when Doug intended to see what's inside the jar.
I thought we are waiting since Florence turned around to see what Doug was doing
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

All the best Yockenthwaite and good luck on your streak. I think I've generally been unlucky with a lot of stop-starting campaigns, many of which were quite good but eventually ground to a halt.

As for Doug, if he's standing he'd have to throw his knife or maybe kick so I thought I'd give you the chance to crouch down so that you're closer to the thing in case it moved in case you just wanted to use the Knife skill itself.

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Place the knife in the belt, then open the lid, pouring the thing quickly to the ground and then take the knife again. That was the idea.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Okay, so remaining standing. Cool, I'll go with that.

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Just like to say I'm getting really creeped out down here with these oddballs. Signed, John

Which is good I guess. Signed, Aine
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll be away on vacation through the 29th, and again from the afternoon of July 3rd through the 7th, so I probably won't be able to post during those times.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Welcome to Act III.

Return to “Home Front Mythos”