Chit-Chat

Investigators must deal with the difficulties of the British Home Front during 1941 on a day to day basis only to find that the entities and cultist of the Mythos are finding ways to turn these problems to their own advantage.

Moderator: Laraqua

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by aine »

John is still in the upstairs room all alone, does he stay in the trapdoor thread?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

John can hear a gunshot coming from below.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I am currently in the process of moving so I'll be a bit sketchy with the posting. I'll aim to do a proper one tomorrow at least and keep to a weekly schedule at worst before I move in.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

By the way, the most logical conclusion to this adventure would be the group of you leaving the area and reporting to the police before returning to your lives none the wiser but hopeful that the government managed to settle the situation.

We could then:
* Consider the adventure finished. Sometimes you don't get to learn more. It was an experience but there's no closure.
* Find some way to justify your continued involvement. Probably not going to be the most satisfying since your characters' lack the skills for an in-depth analysis and you have managed to successfully learn about and survive the situation which was more the point of this adventure.
* Move to a Part 2 and consider this to be a bit of a prologue for ... something else. New characters. New location.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

If Hewitt comes to his senses, he might be able to keep us involved. But if that won't work, then moving on to Part 2 sounds good.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

I'm rolling with anything you decide.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

It's a great scenario so 'Part 2' would be my favourite choice but I'll go with anything.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Okay, so we'll go with Part 2. Finish up what you're doing and walk yourselves out the door then we'll go to the Aftermath. No rush.

Part 2 will be set in a fortified German hospital in the French countryside which has been turned into a convalescent home for soldiers whose minds have been shattered by the war. I am open to suggestions as to who you people are but you must be a) unaware of the Mythos and b) arriving for the first (or second) time. I also want you to be arriving together so you might be all nurses or all soldiers or all ... whatever. It will be set six months later.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm thinking of playing a member of the German Abwehr (military intelligence). The Abwehr has a rivalry with the Gestapo, and the two agencies are sometimes at loggerheads. Some in the Abwehr actually worked with the Allies to try to bring an early end of the war, including its head, Admiral Wilhelm Canaris (who is quite an interesting person).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Can I play a french nurse that is unwillingly assigned to work in the place?
I know it's just a game but I'm finding myself having mental issue playing a German Nazi soldier.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Can I be a top class doctor/psychiatrist with suitable specialties for this hospital. Probably German, possibly not a very nice chap.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

You could play a french nurse or even a sympathetic German conscript soldier, nurse, or doctor who's just trying to keep his head down and survive without being arrested by the Gestapo. There were plenty of Germans who didn't agree with Nazi Germany. Some hid Jews or tried to smuggle them out. Or found their own ways to assist the resistance.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Return to “Home Front Mythos”