The Trapdoor

Investigators must deal with the difficulties of the British Home Front during 1941 on a day to day basis only to find that the entities and cultist of the Mythos are finding ways to turn these problems to their own advantage.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: The Trapdoor

Post by Laraqua »

OOC,You need to match Strength against Strength. Your Strength is the Active Characteristic at 15 and his Strength is the Passive Characteristic at 16. You'd need a 45 so you don't manage to push him away. As I don't think you're going with a full on combat situation I figure a simple contested Strength check should work. Of course, he could always choose to step away but its not due to your push.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's all stay calm here," says Irene, raising a hand. "Mr. Brooks, why isn't Julia with you? You shouldn't have left her alone down there." She looks back at the man who just appeared. "Sir, you had best answer his question and explain what the deuce is going on. Please produce your identity card as well."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by royya »

John, you are not yourself, get a grip!
Doug says and pulls the man with him upstairs
Once they are up there, he will slam the trapdoor.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"My identity card?" asks the man, seemingly confused. "Aren't you a nurse?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm an ambulance driver with the WVS," says Irene, "but under the circumstances I think you can see why we need to confirm who you are. You could say you're anyone otherwise, and we'd have no way to check. You do have your identity card, do you not?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

Once upstairs, John lurches free of Doug's grip and scuttles, quickly for his size, into a corner furthest from the others. He shrinks down onto the floor and rubs his chest whilst keeping a wary eye on everyone in the room. He continually mutters under his breath.
"Mr. Brooks, why isn't Julia with you? You shouldn't have left her alone down there."
He rolls his eyes at Irene and shudders, "Not me her HER keep away fiend she devil snake snake I know what you are." He rocks back and forth moaning and scratching.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Oh dear, appears to me he's had a bit of an incident," says the man nervously. "Perhaps I should boil us a pot of tea? Or perhaps you could be a dear?" He looks at Irene questioningly.

Mr Hewitt stays quiet, seemingly happy to let others ask the questions so that he can focus on the man with his gun. His teeth grit at John's comments.

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Something happened to him downstairs, I have not seen Julia. We should check for her.
Doug replies as he slams the trapdoor behind him. The he looks at the stranger while taking out the butcher's knife he took earlier and roll it in his hand like a professional gang man.
Who the hell are you?!
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I'm Dr. Houston now, please, put that knife and gun away," said the man. "You won't need them here."

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

You are not calling the shots down here mister
Doug replies as he continue to play with the knife and add
Who are the naked people down there?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I refuse to be threatened in my home," says the alleged doctor, pinching the bridge of his nose and taking in a few sharp inhalations. "My work is of the utmost discretion as are my subjects." He takes in a deep breath, holds it, then slowly exhales. "Who are you? And how did you get to be down here?"

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John sits quietly in the corner, mumbling to himself and scratching his fingers.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Perhaps you can explain things while I put the tea on," says Irene, giving Doug a worried glance. "Florence, can you help Mr. Brooks, please? I don't think I'm getting through to him." She speaks to Dr. Houston as she begins to prepare the tea. "My name is Irene Carpenter. My ambulance arrived at a shelter with over two dozen people trapped inside. We went in to try to rescue them, but they were gone, and there was a hole in the floor leading into some underground tunnels. We went to track down the missing people, and the trail led us to the rooms downstairs, where we found fifteen people in cages, none of them wearing a thing. Is that part of your home too?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Answer the lady doctor
Doug says as he circles the man as he continues to play wity the knife he took.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There doesn't appear to be a kettle down here though there is a camp stove in the corner alongside an old tea set. Perhaps he only has one kettle and brings it down here when he means to stay in here? Irene would have to head out into the rest of the house to fetch the kettle. She can certainly attempt to appear a little more innocent, though it is difficult with Hewitt pointing a gun at the man and Doug fiddling with a knife - both of which seems to be making the man quite anxious.

From where the man stands it's impossible for Doug to circle behind him as he's before one of the doors and thus has the wall behind him. It certainly is possible to try to get into position from one side or the other to attack him from the side.

"Y-yes, that's part of my life's work," says the man. "A medical miracle in the making, really! Amputations, crushed organs, all of it can be healed by such a ... a simple treatment."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can't seem to find the teakettle, doctor," says Irene. "Where do you keep it? And what exactly is this simple treatment? Did all of those people downstairs volunteer for it?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"In the kitchen, naturally," he says, giving her a bit of an odd look. "Though I'd rather you didn't leave until your friends stop threatening me. If they could put down their weapons, I could better explain. It is quite a complicated and detailed experiment, naturally, as when there's any kind of scientific method. My studies will be able to save many old soldiers from a fate filled with terror and ignominy."

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't think threatening Dr. Houston is going to get us anywhere," Irene tells her companions. "Let's try discussing this like civilised people and see what he has to say." Even so, she is skeptical about any explanation that the doctor will give, considering what she saw in the butcher's shop below.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John mutters to himself, "Itch itch itch, soo itchy." He unconsciously scratches his hands while he warily watches the others.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

What happened to John?
Doug asks, pointing his questoin to the doctor
Something below did that to him

Return to “Home Front Mythos”