Norbury At Night

Investigators must deal with the difficulties of the British Home Front during 1941 on a day to day basis only to find that the entities and cultist of the Mythos are finding ways to turn these problems to their own advantage.

Moderator: Laraqua

dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years

Re: Norbury At Night

Post by dormire »

William watches Irene and Florence tend to the injured woman. His right trouser cuff feels heavy with blood and he considers catching a ride in the ambulance. The younger nurse is quite comely. He glances over at the men clearing the bomb shelter entrance and feels quite useless. If only I had two legs, he thought, I could do more to help. He sighs and resigns himself to his deficiency. Limping over to the makeshift triage, he smiles weakly at Irene. "Evening, ladies. I don't suppose one of you has a herringbone and some catgut," he tries to keep the slur from his voice. "My leg seems to have suffered a bit from the blast."
“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by yockenthwaite »

Florence sees William approach. "Oh let me have a look at that." Despite the gloom she manages to inspect the wound and using some bandages stems the blood flow and makes the wound safer. "There you are, that's better now. You are welcome to come with us in the ambulance to get more medical aid if you want from the hospital, but you may feel sufficiently well now."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by aine »

John looks over the rubble in dismay, it may be a long job trying to find the shelter entrance. He turns back to the man with a limp and then he sees the ambulance pull up. He watches as the crew climb out and head over to administer to the woman. He gives one last look towards the shelter and then moves over to the ambulance with the other men. He moves through the drifting smoke and catches a glimpse of the driver as she turns from helping the woman aboard, "Meg!" He croaks and stumbles towards her (Irene) with his hand out.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"N-no, I can't go," said the woman after taking a few hesitant steps in the bus' direction. "My father ... he ... he's down there!" The woman turns and stumbles toward the rubble. "Have to get him out. There's no air down there ... trapped ... father was a miner, you see ... told me ... only so much air." She seems to be muttering half to herself with fright.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course we'll get your father out," Irene says to the woman. She smiles at John as he approaches, clasping his hand. "I think you've mistaken me for someone else, sir. My name's Irene. Irene Carpenter. You look right strong. Mind giving us a hand? There's a man trapped under the rubble." As she speaks, she goes over to the rubble and begins to dig, wasting no time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Florence remembers Doug's call and responds to him: "We have to help someone trapped in the rubble." She goes quickly with Irene and starts to dig through the debris, trying to get through to the trapped man.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by royya »

Ah, as a former porter in the docks, lifting things is not alien to the former gang member.
Sure, but that's buying me a ticket to the hospital
Doug replies shortly to Florence and goes to help remove the rubble with John. He place his jacket on the floor beside him, raise up his sleeves and inspects the area, then he takes a long breath, look up to the sky, hoping the Germans will not bomb them again and begin to pull heavy chunks of blocks out of the way.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Florence grins at Doug. "Ok you're on. Thanks for helping."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John stares hard at Irene as she takes his hand. Then he pulls away, stricken, mumbling, "Sorry, thought you were... someone." He sees William is in safe hands so he goes, as directed, to the rubble heap. He sighs and rubs his face hard as if to try and wake himself up. "Wasn't there a dog here too?" He starts to pull at a large piece of timber.
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

William sits down hard on the bumper of the ambulance and watches the others work. I'd only get in the way, he thinks to himself. He ogles Irene as she works.That young lass looks like a right goer. Bet she wouldn't give me the time of day. He notices the sobbing woman and hobbles over to comfort her, "There, there, Miss. I'm sure they'll have your father out of there in one piece. He was probably well-sheltered from the Gerries."
― H.P. Lovecraft
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She nods, but doesn't look much reassured. "It was an underground shelter. It ought to have survived. I - I'm trying to remember where the trap door is to make things quicker but I - I just can't."
Show,Strength x 5 rolls everybody to see how quickly you can clear much of the debris. Also, roll some Listen checks.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

As the others lug debris from the entry, William leaves the lady's side and limps a bit closer to the pile of rubble. He cocks an ear for any sound of survival within.
Requested Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3635869/]Listen = 04[/url]
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Irene notices William standing nearby. "Could you help us out?" she asks. She struggles to shift the debris, which is taking a bit longer than she'd like. However, she is able to hear everything, tuning out all distractions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by royya »

STR and Listen (1d100,1d100=[7], [71]) - STR [success], Listen [Fail]

Being regular to lift, pull, push and carry Doug works like an oiled machine, lifting and tossing the debris aside while he whistles to himself loudly. He does not pay attention to anyone and to any sounds. Work, work, work...
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Florence pauses to try to reassure the woman: "If it is an underground shelter he should be safe while we dig, but we will get to him as quickly as we can." She returns to shifting rubble, and is successful. At the same time she strains to listen for any signs of the trapped man.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

John blinks tears from his eyes and puts his head down, he starts moving aside bricks at an alarming rate. As always he is very tidy and stacks them neatly and quietly so he is well able to hear any sounds from beneath the rubble.
dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

Upon hearing Irene request his help, William moves to oblige, as quickly as he is able. He braces his prosthetic to the side against a small pile of rubble and begins to heave a stone out of the entry. Unfortunately, he is overbalanced and his prosthetic skids away from him, causing him to land on his his right side with an, "Oof!" He rises slowly, recovers his cane and looks apologetically at Irene, "Sorry, Miss. The straps on my prosthetic don't seem to want to cooperate."
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3637032/]Strength x 5 = 99[/url]
― H.P. Lovecraft
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Those who have keen ears can clearly hear muffled cries for help that twists into a series of rising screams that gradually fall off one by one as they start to clear away the rubble over the trapdoor.

dormire
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by dormire »

William staggers to his feet. "I can hear screams coming from down there. Her father must still be alive...," he trails off as the shrieks abruptly stop.
― H.P. Lovecraft
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Never fear, help is here!" Irene calls below as she wrenches open the trapdoor. She takes her hooded torch from her belt and shines it below. "They sure sounded terrified down there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Home Front Mythos”