Page 1 of 1

Innsmouth Horror (ic)

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 pm
by Tabs
Gate: The Abyss
Zombie & Dhole
Movement: Zombie -> Merchant District

Patrice gains 1 Clue token from her "Ominous Dreams" ability.

Re: Innsmouth Horror (ic)

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:06 pm
by Tabs
Turn 1 Upkeep

While Quachil Uttaus stirs in his slumber--"Footprints in the Dust"--Patrice pays 2 Clue tokens so as not to draw a dust card.
ooc,No changes.

Patrice wishes to buy a few items from amongst the peculiar oddments upon the Curiositie Shoppe's shelves--a jar containing a yellow squid catches her eye--but she is short of dollars. She thinks to try the Newspaper to see if she can earn some cash.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 1 Upkeep
General Store
OOC,No changes.
"Pa?" asked Hank, looking around. "Pa, where'd you go?" He stopped to think for a while. "Maybe he went to the train station," he said at last. "But how do I get there? I don't really know this town." He looked at the two old journals he held. "Maybe these old books will have maps or something..."

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:24 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 1 Upkeep
Arkham Asylum

ooc - No changes

Roland Banks walks with deadly purpose out the front door of the Asylum and reaches for his cigarettes, pausing on the top step with a sigh. He lights up a fag and then reaches into the inside pocket of his over-starched trenchcoat, pulling out three small, steel jacks. He smokes and ponders the delusions of the insane and respectfully nods at a passing orderly. He squeezes on the trio of jacks, a common number to pull from the assortment in his pocket. Blood trickles down his hand onto the white steps of the Asylum as he squeezes the sharp points of each jack into the soft palm of his hand. Roland shudders and grins inwardly to the pain he was inflicting on himself. He'd do this one by the book no matter what sort of freakshow this town had to offer.

Roland then looks back to his partner Thomas Malone. Malone was frantically showing the asylum receptionist some symbols from an old journal he had kept close to his person since the day Roland had met the strange occult detective. Roland would have arrested Malone days ago for obstructing justice in an ongoing criminal investigation if the little weasel of a man hadn't so recently visited Arkham during his own investigations and Roland had needed a guide.

Mr. Malone... We have all we need. I'll not have you pestering that poor woman with your ridiculous notions of devilry. Come.. The mad man that attacked you last night bought that dagger recently... Perhaps he told the shop keep something when he bought it at the curiosity shoppe in town. It feels brand new...

That's because it's enchanted sir...

Excuse me Malone?

The knife looks new but it may be thousands of years old or from an entirely different dimension...

Roland laughs out loud...

Malone you should write that stuff down.... The penny papers'd leave em all in stitches with that bit.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 am
by trixie

Ursula Downs
Turn 1 Upkeep
No changes

Ursula sat in the pews of South Church and thought hard. She had entered with reverence, dabbed holy water in a cross over her forehead, and appeared to be deep in prayer, but her eyes flitted round the sanctuary. Silver candlesticks....probably as old as the church themselves....the rows upon rows of candles and snuffer.....where would they have hid them if they were still here? She dropped her eyes at the sight of the overweight reverend shuffling down the aisle between pews and flipped open a bible from the pew pocket in front of her to appear engrossed in reading. He sniffed as he shuffled past, his robe flicking over the corner of her pew and she smelled a faint odor of sweat as the air surrounding him moved past her. She wrinkled her nose in disgust.

If only she knew where those damn heathens had hid them.

She closed the bible quietly and gathered up her purse. It had been a long day of sleuthing but an even longer night was ahead. She could sense it. Cultists don't sleep at night like most people. They come alive.

She checks the confessional for the reverends feet and peeks in his side, running her hands quickly over the lattice and attempting to lift up the wooden seat. It wouldn't budge.

Peeking out first, she stepped out, ran a nervous hand over the back of her hair, then walks purposefully towards the exit.

Those freaks don't know what they're in for....this time I'll find blood for sure.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:27 pm
by Tabs
Turn 1 Upkeep
ooc,No changes. Silas intends to fight the zombie in the Merchant Distict.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:42 pm
by Tabs
Turn 1 Movement
Curiositie Shoppe -> Newspaper
ooc,Patrice spends 2 movement points.

The hunchback woman who is stood behind the counter of the Curiositie Shoppe waves a limp goodbye.

"Come back shoon, Ms Hathaway, I'll resherve the yella squid for ya."

As the Curiositie Shoppe's door closes Patrice Hathaway stands outside in the drizzly rain, wondering at the shopkeeper's tone--the shopkeeper spoke in a downright mocking way, not courteous at all; Patrice would have thought the woman had problems enough without alienating the customers as well, what with the hunch on her back and the speech impediment.

As she walks the damp sidewalk of Northside streets Patrice plays through her own recent life and its troubling events; her violin case--which she always carries with her--knocks unheeded against one knee.

It all began with the concert last week. The Boston Philarmonic are the best orchestra in the north east, performing at their home--Carnegie Hall, her favourite venue--is usually the highlight of her dull life. And yet... as she played her violin solo during Massenet's "Premier Suite", she felt tense and nervous, like it was her debut; also there was something else, something undefinable. In Act II of the concert Patrice had glanced at the spotlight which illuminated her upon the stage, and she saw a peculiar corona of light, it looked like many golden ribbons fluttering in the wind, but she felt as if these ribbons were groping or reaching out for her.

Yesterday she had visited Madam Mina--the princess gypsy, curiously named because she is a wizened old crone--in order to learn new violin tunes. The gypsy had refused Patrice the agreed lesson, Madam Mina seemed most distressed and had an apoplectic fit, spitting out furious words.

"Get out! Get out! You-- you-- harbinger of dust. It is coming. Get thee to the Curiositie Shoppe: purge all of our souls, maybe we can still be saved."

Patrice fled from the horrible old hag and her ridiculous words. However, today she found herself perusing the shelves of the Curiositie Shoppe, drawn to a jar containing a revolting yellow squid because she felt a connection betweeen it and the golden ribbons at Carnegie Hall.

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:01 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 1 Movement
General Store->Hibb's Roadhouse
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2862104/]Lore(-1) roll reading the first Old Journal (2d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2862106/]Lore(-1) check reading the second Old Journal (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] discards both Old Journals and gains 6 Clue tokens, spending 2 movement points. He spends his remaining 3 movement points going to Hibb's Roadhouse, where he gains 1 more Clue token.
Hank sits down and regards the two old books that his father had just bought here - and for some reason, left behind. They seem to be about Arkham. While he isn't much for book learning, Hank shows remarkable determination as he reads through them. "I just wish they had more pictures," he mutters to himself. Although, there is a very detailed map of Arkham in one of the books, and he now knows exactly how to get to the train station. He also learns much about the history and legends of Arkham, and he begins to realize what interested his father about this place and why he had chosen to come here.

"Bye, mister!" Hank calls to the shopkeeper with a wave as he walks out the door. He finds himself in the streets of Rivertown. The fastest route to the station is through the Merchant District, but he hears an inhuman moan coming from that direction. Remembering the legends of the walking dead he had seen in the journals, he decides to avoid that direction and instead heads north to Easttown.

Walking past a decrepit looking roadhouse, Hank pauses. He hears hushed conversations going on inside, and out of curiosity he pokes his head in the door.

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:17 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 1 Movement

ooc,- Roland and his assistant move into the streets of Downtown crosses over to Northside and finishes his move at the curiosity shop.
Roland walks into the curiosity shoppe and pulls out his leatherbound notepad..

You let me ask the questions Malone...Keep all that mystical poppy cock to yourself for the time being or I'll leave you at the station and you can tell the boys downtown all your thoughts on dimensional mumbo jumbo.

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:51 am
by trixie
Turn 1 Movement

OC
Spoiler:
Ursula moves through the streets of Southside to French Hill and enters the Witch House
Ursula walks into the Witch House and looks up and down the dark entryway and long corridor. She fingers the jars of eyes lining the front hallway shelves with curiousity. Yes this is the sort of place they would hide it...somewhere here but not in the open.

She tiptoes down the corridor, being careful not to let her heels click on the floor. Whomever may be here would be best to not alert to her presence. Especially when they find out the real nature of her visit.

She pauses at a stuffed owl, peers at the glassy eyes, and taps one with her finger. She shudders, half expecting the deadened beast to twirl his neck round at her and squawk. She blinks back her anxious nerves and moves along, cringing even more at the next sight. Fingers....embalmed in some foul odoured green liquid. Shit! She must be getting close....

A cackle emerges from long down the hallway, and she jumps, knocking a bookshelf by mistake. A black volume falls, and fluttering pages fall with a deafening thud to the floor. She snatches it up, looks up and down the hallway, before stealing into a large wardrobe and hiding amongst the cloaks in there. She turns on her penlight so she can examine the brittle, weathered pages in secret. The old tattered spine is labelled simply, "Enchanted Summonings".

"Thrice call on Exodus Euphimist in the chant below. Burn three hairs of a scorned woman's head while chanting...."

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:33 am
by Tabs
Turn 1 Movement
River Docks -> Merchant District
ooc,Zombie: Horror check (-1), Will 4 = [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2864457/]Horror check vs zombie (1d6=2, 1d6=1, 1d6=1)[/url], lose 1 Sanity; Combat check (-1), Fight 3 +2[Cavalry Saber] +1[Fight skill] = [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2864458/]Combat check vs zombie (1d6=5, 1d6=6, 1d6=5, 1d6=1, 1d6=3)[/url], success. Zombie taken as a trophy. "Curfew Enforced" environment mythos card (see Ancient One topic): Will (+0) check = [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2864459/]Will (+0) check (1d6=2, 1d6=3, 1d6=6, 1d6=4)[/url], success.

Silas hoists the cavalry sword high above his own head and then slams its blade down upon the zombie's head. Half of the zombie's head peels open, like a fresh slice of bread cut from a loaf.

Silas cocks an ear at the police sirens.

"Shit!--The rozzers."

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:16 pm
by Tabs
Turn 1 Arkham Encounter
Newspaper (Innsmouth): Earn $5 for a story.

Patrice perches upon the sub-editor's desk.

"...and the gypsies in Independence Square are led by a certain Madam Mina--she's recognizable by her warty nose. So, is my story worth buying?"

"I'm very sorry Ms Hathaway, but the reporters at the Arkham Advertiser are well aware of the gypsy camp."

Patrice sighs inwardly, then recrosses her leg, revealing a stockinged ankle. The sub-editor goggles at the display.

"Will $5 do for your story?" He reaches out a trembling hand to Patrice's leg; she immediately smacks the back of the sub-editors hand.

"Sir! That is harrassment."

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:00 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 1 Encounter
Curositie Shoppe
ooc,- luck roll.. 3, 4 fail. Spend 1 clue token... rolled 1 fail. Roland loses his. Spend 1 more clue token... rolled 5 pass.. whew! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2866244/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2866250/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2866260/
Roland steps through the curiosity shoppe’s door and pauses for a moment, taking strange pleasure in the chimes the shop keep had set up to announce the presence of a new customer.

Roland had no interest in the junk the shop keep had displayed in the windows or on his shelves. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the enchanted knife that had led him to this odd place. Roland slams the dark blade on the counter, eying the clerk behind the register suspiciously.

His assistant Malone covers the front door, distracted by the occult permeating every inch of this hell house of horrors.

Who did you sell this to shop keep. There’s a maniac loose in Arkham and I’ll be damned if you’ll be pedaling your wares to any lunatic with a dollar and a mind for murder…. Now who did you sell this too? What did he look like?

Roland takes out his note pad and pen and waits for the clerk to gather himeslef before answering his question.

Just then… a crazed monkey wearing a red band uniform and a tall shiners’ hat with one of those adorable gold tassels dangling from its brim leapt onto the counter and grabbed hold of the knife. He waved it around and touched himself most inappropriately for a trained monkey. A wild monkey Roland could understand, but certainly that sort of perverse behavior would be unacceptable even to the most deranged primate enthusiasts.

Get the Knife Malone!

The monkey raced across the shop with the knife, leaping and bounding on all manner of crap and collectables. Roland and Malone scurried behind it tripping over whatever lay in their path. Finally Malone caught the creature and it dropped the blade. Roland picked up the enchanted knife and looked back smiling at the shop keeper who was gone mysteriously gone. Mysteriously meaning he ran out the back door...

Roland sighed and put the knife back in his pocket.

We’ll come back another time then Malone. But we’re arresting the monkey for obstructing justice!

Yes Sir.... malone sighs.

Roland picks up the primate and then hands it back to Malone wrinkling his nose in disgust. He then exits the Curiosity Shoppe without a clue as to what was going on or what he would do next.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 1 Arkham Encounter
Hibb's Roadhouse
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] skips the Horror check due to being Thick-Skulled. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2866923/]Combat check (Fight 3 + 0 [Deep One Hybrid] = 3 dice) fighting the Deep One Hybrid, Round 1 (3d6.hits(5)=3)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] takes the Deep One Hybrid as a Monster trophy.
Hank walks into the roadhouse, and everyone stops talking as he enters. He suddenly realizes that he hasn't gone to the bathroom in quite a while, and he hurries into the men's room. It's filthy and filled with unspeakable stains, so he takes care not to touch anything. Luckily, he only needs to make number one, so he doesn't have to sit on the ichor-covered toilet seat. When he finishes, he washes his hands just like Pa always told him. As he is about to leave, another man walks in. He reeks of fish and has some sort of skin disorder; scales cover his face and hands. Hank knows there's something odd about this fellow, but he can't really put his finger on it - nor does he want to do so.

"Excuse me, mister," he says to the stranger. "You're in my way."

"No," says the fishy man with a burbling voice. "You are in my way. I cannot let you poke your nose where it doesn't belong."

Hank scratches his head. "What do you mean?"

"I saw you reading those books, and then I followed you here. You know too much."

"No, I really don't."

"Playing dumb will not save you."

"Playing?"

"Enough. Now you die!" The man reaches out for Hank with his claw-like hands, but the strapping youth hauls off and punches him square in the nose, not knowing his own strength. There is a crack of bone breaking, and the man collapses to the floor, his neck at a funny angle.

"Mister, are you okay?" asks Hank. He shrugs when there is no response. "Guess he's sleeping." He steps over the body and leaves the bathroom.

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 pm
by trixie
OC Ursula fails

She peeks out the wardrobe, stashing the book in her satchel, and continues to walk down the hall. She can hear murmuring from a low lit room down the hall, a bang and clatter from what might be the kitchen, and eeks and creeks coming from the second floor. A cat watches her silently, yellow eyes flashing in the dim light. She looks over to regard him evenly and he hisses three times.

Odd...is he a spirit? He clearly knows she's intruding....

She tiptoes down the hallway towards the murmurs and gets down on all fours , peeking round the thick bevelled doorway at the people gathered inside. The sweaty priest was clutching his fists under his chin, his thick robes seemed to swallow him somehow, and perspiration glistened his whole face. A larger man bore down over him, red faced and angry.

"It must be tonight! The full moon Mandrid! Gather the others and meet us there! Bring the chosen one, blindfolded! If you don't it will mean your neck! "

"But she.....it.....I'll...I'll be....spotted. They know we're taking her! I'll....I'll be caught!"

"ENOUGH! I've heard all I can of your incessant blatherings! I've half a mind to hex you on the spot!"

"No...No! I....I'll do it."

The man turned away and a trio of woman clucked their tongue at 'Mandrid' the priest, each one more hideous than the next.

"They eye!" One hissed. "You took it!"

"No...I....it's lost....I don't know who took it, but not me!"

"Yes, it was you!" The second drawled in a raspy tone, pointing a knobby finger in his face.

"Liar!" Hissed the third.

"No!" He protested, his head in his hands.

Ursula had seen enough. She clambered to her feet and tiptoed back down the hallway. It was clear the priest was up to no good, and she certainly didn't want to be found by those three hideous witches. It was time to leave.

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:35 pm
by Tabs
Turn 1 Arkham Encounter
Merchant District
ooc,No encounter.

One, two, three strides, hup jump and over the trash cans leaps Silas. The patrol wagon rounds the corner of the block with Sergeant Digby clinging to the roof, one of his feet lifts precariously from the running board. The patrol wagon pulls to a halt beside the zombie's corpse, the driver and Sergeant Digby approach it with only a cursory glance down the street. They grab the monster's heels and drag it away and bundle the zombie into the back of the patrol wagon. Part of the zombie's head remains by the curb; Sergeant Digby walks over to the mass of brains and scuffs at it with his boot into the drain. Silas watches on from behind the trash can.

"Fuckin' cops!"

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:49 pm
by Tabs
Turn 1 Mythos

Blackest Night environment
Luck checks in Arkham are made at a -1 penalty.
Sneak checks in Arkham are made at a +1 bonus.

Clue appears at: Hibb's Roadhouse (picked up by Hank Samson).

Gate: R'lyeh @ Black Cave
Doom token added to doom track.
Cultist & Ghoul
Movement: Dhole -> Merchant District

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 2 Upkeep
Hibb's Roadhouse
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 2 Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card. He increases his Luck from 1 to 3 and decreases his Lore from 3 to 1.
Hank makes his way to the front door of the roadhouse before there are any other interruptions. He needs to get to the train station to find Pa.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:54 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 2 Upkeep
Curiosity Shoope
ooc,- Lore 4 Luck 1. Roland get one clue token because he has less than 2.
Roland curses under his breath, having wasted so much of his time at the damned curiosity shoppe and nothing to show for it. He shakes his head as Malone struggles to keep that damn dirty monkey under control but since the little primate was his only lead he thought he had better find someone to look after him. The boys down town would surely laugh both Malone and Roland out of the station. Maybe the sceince building at the Arkham university could watch after the little bugger until Roland could get his facts straight.

No this was not going well at all..

Roland pulled out his enchanted knife and thought seriously about cutting himself again.

Just like back in high school. yeah.. that would be nice.

C'mon Malone! and bring the monkey...

The monkey scratched at Malone's face as he struggled to keep up with Roland.

Yes.... sir..... Monkey's.... don't...... carry rabies do they.... sir?

That's why your carrying the monkey Malone and not me, now keep up.. we've got some serious pavement to pound.

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:26 pm
by trixie
Turn 2 Upkeep
No changes

Ursula slips out the door of the witches house and gives an involuntary shudder. She thumbed through the pages of the book she'd found, deep in thought of where she'd head next. She needed help, but of a trustworthy source. It wasn't like her to take on a sidekick....

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:21 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Upkeep
ooc,Speed<1 Sneak>4

Silas tightens his canvas belt and whistles through a broken tooth.

"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...."

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:35 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Upkeep
ooc,No changes.

Patrice straightens the shoulder loop of her chemise and hums softly.

"Blue moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own...."

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:02 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 2 Movement
Hibb's Roadhouse->Train Station
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 4 movement points going to the Train Station. I'll be unable to draw an Arkham Encounter by the time my turn rolls around, as I'll be leaving in about 18 hours. I'll have very limited Internet access for the 11 days after that. If you have to go ahead without me, I intend to spend 5 Clues to pass my personal story in the Upkeep phase of Turn 3. After that, I'll probably go to Innsmouth and start scooping up the Clues there.
Hank hurries out of the roadhouse and then heads downtown, following the directions on the map he had read in one of the old journals. He makes his way to Northside and soon finds the station. He watches, fascinated, as a train pulls in to one of the platforms, belching smoke from its stack. "Choo-choo!" says Hank, excited. He begins to look around for his father.

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:49 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 2 Movement
Curiosity Shoppe >> North Side>> Merchant District >> Miskatonic U >>Science Building
ooc,-Roland casts Mists of Releh to avoid the Dhole. (Awareness -1 Lore: 5(With Malone))Roll 4 dice. rolled 6/5/1/3 - Pass Roland collects 2 clue tokens at the science building. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2883620/
Roland sighs deeply when Malone describes the long walk ahead of them.

This damn town should have a transit system or at least a bloody cab company. All this hoofing around is for the birds.

Then just as the two lawmen and their monkey cross from Northside into the Merchant district, Roland's jaw drops in terrified awe. A massive worm shaped beast towered over the street side buildings like some deranged father figure.

Odin's sac Malone! Do you see it?

Down sir! Quickly!

Malone quickly pulls Roland down behind a parked car and fumbles through his journal, flipping the pages wildly. After a few choice Sumerian sentences, the two disappear in a cloud of acrid yellow smoke.

Roland feels his soul leak out through his colon as they suddenly reappear in the science building surrounded by screaming caged monkeys.

Ah here we are....

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:10 am
by trixie
Turn 2 Movement
OC Ursula moves to the Silver Twilight Lodge

Ursula steps into the lodge and breaths a sigh of relief.

She waits patiently for the front desk clerk to finish with the guest ahead of her in line, peeking out the front door to see if she'd catch glimpse of the reverend bustling past.

"Funny place for a lodge, don't you think? With the heathens right next door?"

The clerk gives her a wry smile and nods. "Will it be a room for the night?"

"Yes I think so, but I likely shant get a wink." She rustles in her bag, adding, "I hardly sleep when I travel."

The bellhop arrives behind her with a bag in tow, "Yes sir, right this way Mister Montgomery, would you like me to hail you a cab?"

"Not to bother, I can walk, not far to go!" the man bellowed, and Ursula turned to get a better look. The man was dressed elegantly in top hat and suit, shined shoes and a long moustache. His hat pulled down over his forehead seemed to hide his identity somewhat. Simple white gloves and a cane further added to his galantry.

"Well good evening then sir!" The bellhop smiled, passing him his bag, and holding the door open wide.

Ursula gaped at the fellow as he walked to the left, in the direction of the witch's house.

When he'd gone, she turned back to the clerk. "About that room, I'd really like a window, maybe on the second floor. I can only sleep if its facing the east. I don't know why..." she laughed nervously, clutching her bag tightly to expose white knuckles.

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:59 pm
by Tabs
Turn 2 Movement
Merchant District -> Unvisited Isle
ooc,Evade check vs Dhole: Sneak 4 +1[Dark Cloak] +1[Blackest Night environment] -1[Dhole awrareness] =5d6: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2895665/]Evade check vs Dhole (1d6=5, 1d6=1, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=2)[/url].

Silas unbuttons his fly, then passes water down the steps of a basement flat--one of the poor dwellings in the Merchant District--the basement flat is beneath a warehouse for Robertson's Jam, painted on to the warehouse wall is a grinning golliwog beating a pink drum; beneath it one of the disaffected has daubed a slogan, the graffiti reads: Black is beautiful.

Muffled shouting draws Silas' attention to a grimy window beside the basement steps, a blue-rinse slattern is annoyed by someone. Silas directs his stream upon the window where it thunders like Niagara Falls in a most gratifying way.

Voices. A G-Man and a bog-trotter with a monkey on his shoulder hove into view. Silas hears something about "Odin's sac", and is astonished when they vanish within a puff of mist; he stands, mouth agape, manhood dribbling upon his boot.

"What the f--"

A worm--the thickness of a sewage pipe and hundreds of yards long--is plunging, burrowing into the paving slabs, then bursting forth and leaping into the air. Silas looks to his cavalry saber, but immediately discounts the idea of a suicidal charge at the worm. He pours the contents of his kit bag out, snatching up the cloak which has a peculiar colour like oil on water. Wearing the cloak and whispering a prayer to Odin and whoever else may be listening Silas steals away. Joseph and his coat of many colours lives on in the guise of a seaman from Gloucester, MA.

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:48 pm
by Tabs
Turn 2 Movement
Newspaper -> Independence Square
ooc,Patrice uses 3 movement points, and picks up the Clue token at Independence Square.

"...Blue moon
You knew just what I was there for
You heard me sayin' a prayer for
Someone I really could care for..."

Independence Square: a monument to misguided town planning: a celebration of the foolish war of 1775--or so it had stated in the journal United Amateur.

Over beside the fountain in the Square's centre Patrice spies several gaudy caravans in a corral: the gypsies.

"If I can overhear something, some gossip of use to the Arkham Advertiser, maybe that lech of a sub-editor will pay me handsomely."

Casually, Patrice walks towards the gypsy camp, when no one is in sight she nips across to a caravan and stands with her back to a wooden awning; next, Patrice slides along until she is near to the caravan's steps. Madam Mina--the gypsy princess--is speaking.

"...and if those bastard reporters from that newspaper come here again, you know what to do don't you, Lucreez?"

"Take them to the woods and feed them to the pigs."

"Yes! Good boy."

Patrice claps a hand to her mouth and sinks down upon jelly knees; her nose is inches away from the hocks of a chestnut pony. She tentatively glances downward: she is kneeling in moist malodorous lumps.

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:42 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Train Station
OOC,"Pay $2 at the Railroad Office to claim an item..." [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2904305/]Roll to see if I get a Unique Item instead of a Common Item (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] pays $2 to claim an item and gets a Common Item.
While looking for his father, Hank wanders into the Railroad Office. A man in a black cap stands behind a desk, on top of which rests an open box containing a variety of things.

"Hey, mister," says Hank. "What's this box for?"

"It's the lost and found," says the man. "If you've lost anything, see if it's in the box and you can claim it back."

"Well, I did lose my Pa. But he couldn't be in here. He's too tall." Still, Hank is curious enough to look through the objects in the box. He fishes something out. "This looks interesting."

"You want it? Two bucks."

"But...doesn't it belong to someone?"

"Pay me the two bucks, and it belongs to you. Finders keepers."

"But I didn't find it."

"Look, kid, do you want it or not?"

"Uh, I guess so." Hank pulls some coins out of his pocket and pays the man, claiming his prize.

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:13 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 2 Encounter
Science Building
ooc,-rolled a 4, 6 6 success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2907418/ gate at the unvisited isle is closed. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2907439/ -
Wandering through the halls of the science building, Roland spots the flickering of strange lights coming from an open door. His investigator's instinct is far too strong to ignore this tell tale sign of trouble so he steps into the room with the confidence of a veteran plumber.

The scene before him could only be described as whimsical chaos.

Two long haired men in white lab coats pounded frantically on a metal hose with big black rubber hammers. The hose was losely connected to a bulb covered giant toaster with flashing clocks and spinning dials that would put the set of the Starship Enterprise to shame.

Roland cries out.

Good God man!! What in Kentucky's name are you playing at?

One of the long haired scientists stopped for a second to stare up at Roland. His eyes were wide and crazed. He had white powder glazed over and under his right nostril. Roland then glanced to the table behind all this insanity and saw the tell tale signs of popular pharmaceutical drug abuse. White lines scattered over a silver mirror. Little bags of questionable powder. Small pipes of questionable use...

Rolands eyes narrowed.

Users!

Roland could feel the pressure building in the room. Seeing Rolands badge flash in the chaotic light, one of the students dropped the hammer and ran. The other scientist stared at Roland blamkly.

It's gonna blow unless we can break the seal.

Roland shakes his head and pulls out his revolver. He fires at the hose and is rewarded with a hiss as the Ectoplasm of the universe suddenly drains into the flashing blinking beeping toaster.

In the distance Roland hears a loud series of pops. Like a spiney demon being buggered by a army of balloon shaped puppies.
ooc,- rolled a 5 and a 4. The gate at the Unvisited isle is closed. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2907439/
After everone settles down Malone steps forward wiping a small amount of ejaculate from the shoulder of his tweed jacket.

Do you want this monkey!

Roland grins.

Take the monkey.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:14 am
by trixie
Ursula makes her way down the hall with the bellhop still struggling to carry her overwhelming bags in the lobby. Ornate hallways and rooms of murmuring men and cigar smoke dwindle. She pauses, curiously, at a particularly distinguished vase with a lid.

One would think it would contain flowers.

She runs a finger down the porcelain jug, admiring the delicate paint and textured edges, and little gold flecks adorning the beautiful urn, then pauses as she feels a strange gloomy presence suddenly surround her. She steps back, eyes wide, startled and gasps for air.

Luck -1 check, rolled a 6, pass.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:30 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Unvisited Isle (Innsmouth): You find carvings on a standing stone etched in an ancient tongue but by a modern hand. Make a Lore (-1) check and gain 1 Clue token per success.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2917339/]Read carvings? (1d6=2)[/url].

Silas tramples the reeds underfoot, sticking to the marshy bank of the island and avoiding the tightly packed bulrushes; he knows the carpet of bulrushes float upon the Miskatonic River and will suck in and entangle a careless man. A bird bursts forth from the undergrowth, only, it flies straight upwards with terrific speed where it is hidden by cloud: a daytime shooting star.

Willow trees ring a hollow, in between each tree trunk is a solitairy flower. Silas pauses in his march, a boot poised above an exquisite iris, then he treads with unneccessary violence and snaps the iris stem. The hollow is partly full of stagnant water, and in its centre is a menhir like one from Carnac, Brittany; the menhir is surrounded by a soup of last fall's decaying leaves. Silas wades into the water and seizes hold of the menhir, then he rests his forehead against the cold stone; it is as if he is trying to commune with time; he pulls away, laughing harshly at his schoolboy wish. Someone has scratched at the menhir with childish symbols; Silas wonders who the young vandal could be.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:29 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Independence Square: A pair of friendly picknickers share their lunch with you. Gain 1 Stamina.

The elderly couple smile up at Patrice.

"Would you care for a ham sandwich, young lady?"

"Thank you." Patrice nibbles at the corner of the bread. The woman leans forward to inspect Patrice's skirt.

"You appear to have straw and mud stuck to you, here, allow me." Before Patrice can stop the woman she has plucked at the straw; she rubs the mud between her thumb and forefinger, then brings her finger to her nose, the woman jerks it away with a look of disgust upon her face.

"Horse shit!"

Patrice swiftly walks away.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:48 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Mythos

The Ancient One's Servants (Innsmouth)

Gate: Yuggoth @ Marsh Refinery
Monsters: Maniac & Dark Young
Movement: Dhole -> Northside
Clue: Y'ha-nthlei
Headline: If a Cultist is in play add 1 doom token.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:22 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 3 Upkeep
Science Building
ooc,-spent 2 clue token to avoid drawing a dust card. Got 1 clue token for Upkeep. Total 2 clue token. No changes-
Roland sits on the steps of the Science Building with his partner Malone and sighs. The monkey hops onto Roland's shoulder,removes his Fedora and begins to look for bugs in the frustrated detective's hair.

Malone chuckles..

They wouldn't take the monkey sir..

Shut up Malone!

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:50 am
by trixie
Turn 3 Upkeep : No changes

Ursula can't wait to leave the Inn after such a deceptively dark shoulder rub with a spooky vase. She stands outside, draws a ragged breath in, and pulls her lucky cigarette case out. Her hands shake as she lights her cigarette, and her eyes flit on the traffic in the street.

Where next....I thought I'd be further into the cultist thick by now.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:42 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Upkeep
ooc,Speed>2 Sneak<3, Lore<1 Luck>3

Silas slides his birchbark kayak from out under the reeds on the island's bank, clambers in and begins paddling down the Miskatonic to the open sea. He'll follow the coastline to the town of Innsmouth.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:20 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Upkeep
ooc,Speed>4 Sneak<1

"I may report those gypsies at the Police Station or I may go for a wander to Rivertown--clear the air around me, so to speak."

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 3 Upkeep
Train Station
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 5 Clue tokens to place There's Pa! in play and gains Pa as an Ally. He increases his Sneak from 1 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 5 to 3.
Hank searches around the station some more for his father. Finally, he looks inside an old warehouse that reeks of fish and is filled with crates and finds his father bound and gagged among them.

"Pa!" cries Hank, rushing over to him and untying him. "Pa, are you all right?"

"I am now, son," says Pa, brushing himself off and standing up, "thanks to you. You did real good, Hank. I'm mighty proud of you."

"Pa, look what I found!" Hank shows him the shotgun.

Pa nods grimly. "You hold onto that, son. I have a feeling you're going to need it."

"How did you get tied up?"

"A bunch of fishy-smelling - and looking - guys jumped me when I went outside for some air. They'd seen me buying those old books about Arkham, and they thought I knew more than I did. They tied me up and were going to ship me to Innsmouth, where they're from. If you hadn't come along..." He shudders.

"One of those fishy guys came after me, too, but I decked him good. What do we do now, Pa?"

"Way I see it, we need more information. Going to Innsmouth is too risky, at least right now. Maybe when we know more. Besides, we'd need money for bus fare."

"Should we go to the police?"

"No, son, the police can't help us. We Samsons gotta look after ourselves."

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:19 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 2 Movement
Science Building>> Miskatonic U >>Uptown>>Southside>> Historical Society

Roland hands Malone the monkey and walks with his partner throgh the dark streets of Arkham. He keeps his eyes trained to the skies as he looks for the hellish worm he had seen just a short while ago. The night air is pleasing... The smell reminds him of his home streets of...

Awwwww.. Did that little bastard just shit on your lapel Malone?

I believe he did sir... Shall I shoot it?

Nah Just keep a few paces back Malone. Maybe we can find some old articles or something at the Historical Society. Find out what exactlythis town is up to aside from housing illegal animals without a permit.

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:46 pm
by trixie
Spoiler:
OOC, I've changed my mind...would enjoy a few new picks from the deck. So I'll be headed to the General Store after all.
Ursula walks ahead with thoughts swirling of tantrics and spells and lazily smokes her cigarette while pondering it over. She seems oblivious to her surroundings, clutching her book tightly and making her way to the General Store.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:44 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Movement
Unvisited Isle -> Devil's Reef
ooc,Silas spends 2 movement points and uses his "Able Seamen" ability, also, he picks up the Clue token at Devil Reef.

Silas dips his oar in the sea on alternate sides of the kayak, one arm raised and then the other, he propels himself forwards with strong mechanical strokes. He rounds a headland of slate cliffs--that are populated by thousands of gulls--and surges into Innsmouth bay. Across Innsmouth town he sees the smoke stacks of Marsh Refinery belching out a poisonous looking saffron vapour.

White caps signal rocks beneath the surface and Silas notices several buoys--markers for lobster pots--surrounding the reef. His arms are beginning to ache so he carefully floats closer so as to grasp hold of a rope and rest before he pushes on to Innsmouth dock. Silas wipes the sweat from his eyebrows, blinks, and stares hard: the buoys have all disappeared.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:23 pm
by Tabs
Turn 3 Movement
Independence Square -> General Store
ooc,Patrice spends 4 movement points.

Patrice breathes deeply as she strides through Arkham, she tries not to think about all of the troubling events that have occured, it is as if the entire world has gone mad: she needs some stability. She smiles sardonically: if everyone is crazy except her, it may mean that she is the crazy one; now there's a happy thought.

The General Store is the place to let off stress, Patrice browses the shelves: matches, tobacco, sugar, primus stove, etc. She glances down one aisle: another customer, but she certainly is not a resident of Arkham: the brown jacket and man's shirt. On an impulse Patrice approaches the woman, switching her violin case from right hand to left hand, and extends her arm for a handshake.

"How do you do, Patrice, Patrice Hathaway."

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:24 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 3 Movement
Train Station->The Unnamable
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] evades the Dhole. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2931235/]Evade check (4 dice + 1 [Blackest Night] - 1 [Dhole]) to slip past the Dhole (4d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. He spends 3 movement points going to the Unnamable.
Hank walks with his father out of the train station and back into the Northside streets. It is pitch black out, a stygian and moonless night. With the heavy cloud cover overhead, not even the stars are visible. That doesn't stop them from hearing, however. A loud, slimy, squelching sound comes from down the street.

"What in tarnation is that?" asks Hank.

"I dunno, but it's darn big," says Pa. "Too big for that shotgun to be of much help, even. Let's get out of here."

Both of them slip away from the source of the sound. Soon they have reached the relative safety of the Merchant District. Whatever it was has not followed them.

"Now what?" asks Hank.

His father points to an old, decrepit house ahead of them. "That there house is supposed to be haunted or something," he says. "Those old journals mentioned it."

"Yeah, I remember. What's it called, Pa?"

"It's called 'The Unnamable.'"

"Well, if that's it's name, it's not really unnamable, is it?"

"You got me there, son."

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:52 am
by trixie
Tabs wrote: "How do you do, Patrice, Patrice Hathaway."
Ursula looks up in alarm, lost in thought at the counter of pen knives, and gives a flicker of a smile. She extends her own hand as well, "Pleased to meet you, I'm Ursula". She looks her up and down, "A musician I assume? I'm afraid to ask where you've been playing however....there's a slight odour of....barnyard animals." She gives an apologetic smile. "It must be him," and thumbs at the fellow in front of her, a big burly fellow with suspenders and farmboots.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:23 am
by Tabs

"'The odour'-- Ah yes, it's that yokel--disgusting people." Patrice shakes her head a little. "My manners! Ursula, delighted to meet you. I'm in a bit of a tizzy this week, so I forget myself." Patrice straightens her posture, glancing at her violin case. "I play for the Boston Philarmonic--well anywhere where they need a soloist, actually! And you, Ursula, what do you do?"

Patrice frowns at the pen knives. "So much junk!"

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:36 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 3 Encounter
Historical Society

Roland, Malone and that damn dirt monkey sat on the steps of the Historical society moping like a bunch of fat ballerinas. The door was locked and Roland had spent the good portion of a few minutes knocking.

Do you hear that sir?

Roland turned his ear towards the door and heard the most death curdling scream ever to escape all the hells there ever were.

Your damn right I heard that Malone. C'mon!

Roland kicks open the door to the Historical Society and draws his gun. Standing no more than six feet in front of the detective stood a nasty ghoulish creature with dead yellow eyes. It raised a gnarly claw and then poised itself to spring. Before Roland could even fire a shot, the business end of a broken meter stick shot through the back of the ghouls's head hurtling one of its dead yellow eyes over Roland's shoulder. The monkey quickly picked up the eye and ate it.

Roland, now mostly covered in decrepid brain bit and vitrous humor, was shocked to find the curator of the historical society wipe the ghoul from his ruler and immediately assume a hard tone of authority.

Take it and go!

What!

Take this and go!

But....

We're closed

Wait.....

Take it and go!

The curator backed Roland out of the Historical Society thrusting the corpse of the Ghoul onto him as he slammed the door and locked them out leaving Roland, Malone, the monkey and a rotting corpse completely aghast.

It would appear the curator....

Shut up Malone.

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 am
by Tabs
Turn 3 Arkham Encounter

ooc: Lucky Cigarette Case - Dark Cloak - .18 Derringer. Ursula buys the .18 Derringer for $3.
General Store: You try talking to the elderly locals gathered around the potbellied stove playing checkers, but you gain nothing but stares and a few befuddled grunts for your trouble. Apparently they don't like outsiders. No encounter.

Devil Reef: The stars above the water seem larger than you've ever seen them before. The skyscape seems strangely alien and threatening. Lose 1 Sanity.

General Store (Innsmouth): You notice that some of the locals have an odd, fish-like quality to them that sets your teeth on edge. Lose 1 Sanity.

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:25 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 3 Arkham Encounter
The Unnamable
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2942155/]Combat check (Fight 3 + 4 [Shotgun] + 1 [Cultist] = 8 dice) fighting the Cultist, Round 1 (8d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] claims the Cultist as a monster trophy.
Hank and his father enter the creepy, mysterious old house. As they look around the decaying living room, a man in a black hooded robe slips in behind them through the front door. They whirl around in surprise.

"Ia! Ia!" chants the robed stranger. "Cthulhu Fhtagn!" He draws a sharp, twisted dagger from the folds of his robes and advances.

"You talk funny, mister," says Hank.

"Shoot him, son!" urges Pa.

Hank raises his shotgun and pulls the trigger. The echoing blast strikes the man full in the chest, knocking him back and leaving him a bloody mess on the floor. "I got him, Pa!"

"You sure did, Hank. That's one of the ruffians who tied me up."

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:40 pm
by Tabs
Turn 3 Mythos

The Veil is Strong environment
While this card is in play, it takes one more open gate than usual to awaken the Ancient One.

Esoteric Order of Dagon, gate: The City of the Great Race
Monsters: Deep One, Cultist
Movement: Dhole -> Downtown
Clue: Devil Reef, South Church

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:08 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc- posting for Trixie as she's sicky.

Turn 4 Upkeep
General Store

Ursala draws a dust card. :)

Ursala makes no changes.

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:20 am
by DSIGFUSS

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:36 am
by Tabs
Dust card:

I could feel the gaze of some unknown eye upon me, and the hair on my neck prickled. Inexplicably, I felt as though I had been judged and found wanting.

Do not pass the first player token this turn.

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:01 am
by Tabs
Turn 4 Upkeep

ooc: No changes.

ooc: Fight >3 Will <2

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:30 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 4 Upkeep
The Unnamable
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] increases his Speed from 3 to 4 and decreases his Sneak from 3 to 2.
"What do we do now, Pa?" asks Hank.

"We get the heck outta here, that's what," says Pa. "This guy had pals, and if they're lurking around here they'll have heard the shot."

"Okay, let's go quick. But where do we go?"

"Let's head to the woods south of town. Those books mentioned that there are a lot of strange goings on there. Besides, it'll be a good place to hide out."

"How come?"

"Because it's dangerous, and nobody's dumb enough to follow us in there."

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:11 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 4 Upkeep
Historical Society
ooc,Roland raises hs luck to 3 and lowers his Lore to 2
Sitting on the steps of the Historical society, holding the rotting corpse of a ghoul, Roland sighged deeply. He let the dead thing slump to the ground before lighting a cigarette.

Something is definitely going on in this town Malone...

Malone nods feeding the monkey a few peanuts he had stashed in his pockets.

If it were just a few tweaker frat kids messing around in the lab I could deal... but did you see the size of that worm!

I wish I hadn't sir...

Roland lifts up the arm of the ghoul and lets it slap down against itself with a sickening "SCLICK!" sound.

And what the hell is this thing? I think its time we went to confession Malone....

The Chrurch then sir?

Your damn right the church Malone.... and give me one those peanuts.

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:37 am
by Tabs
Turn 4 Movement
General Store

ooc: Spending 3 movement points and discard Ancient Tablet: Ancient Tablet (1d6=4, 1d6=6) =2 Clue tokens & 1 Spell: Shrivelling.

Turn 4 Movement
Devil Reef -> Esoteric Order of Dagon

ooc: Spending 2 movement points with his "Able Seaman" ability to the Factory District and then his motorcycle to the Esoteric Order. Combat check vs Cultist (1d6=4, 1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=3, 1d6=6); Cultist taken as a trophy. Evade check vs Deep One (1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=1), oh dear! 2 damage taken. Horror check vs Deep One (1d6=1, 1d6=1); Clue token: Horror check vs Deep One (1d6=3); 2nd Clue token: Horror check vs Deep One (1d6=6), pass. Combat check vs Deep One (1d6=4, 1d6=3, 1d6=1, 1d6=3, 1d6=5), 2 damage taken; 2nd Combat check vs Deep One (1d6=6, 1d6=6, 1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=6); Deep One taken as a trophy.

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:07 am
by Tabs

Turn 4 Movement
General Store -> Black Cave
ooc,Reading King in Yellow: spending 2 movement points and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2950946/]Lore (-2) check (1d6=2)[/url], fail. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2950948/]Combat check vs Cultist (1d6=3, 1d6=3, 1d6=6, 1d6=5)[/url]; Cultist taken as a trophy.
Patrice exits the General Store, pulling the shop door closed behind her, and immediately begins thumbing through the thick book she got from Ursula; apparently it is a play: The King in Yellow.

"This is the most confounded nonsense!"

Her eyes squint at the print which has odd symbols instead of letters, and the etchings: they are simply childish rubbish. Patrice holds the book closer to her nose—almost covering her eyes—so that she can barely see where she is walking and consequently doesn't notice the figure which she bumps.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I do beg your pardon."

The figure is wearing a dun coloured horsehair cloak, and stares glassily at Patrice's book. Silence.... She laughs nervously. She spots a dilapidated wood sign "Welcome to the Black Cave!" it reads.

"Are you meant to be some kinda troglodyte?"

He snaps to attention, like a stage hypnotist has clicked his fingers in front of his face; the cultist lunges towards Patrice, trying to snatch the book.

"I must have it!"

Patrice is still holding the book up—perched on her chest—when the cultist makes a grab for it; however, possibly because of her recent encounter with the salacious sub-editor at the Arkham Advertiser, she misinterprets the troglodyte's action, believing he is trying to "cop a feel". Smartly, she steps backwards as the cultist performs a comic sweep with his arms in thin air. Rage burns in her mind "How dare he?"; she wallops her violin in between the top of the cultist's thighs, he arches forwards and emits an animal whimper, his contorted face inches from Patrice's face; a gust of bad breath—pork and beans—and spit, blow and dapple into her eyes. The cultist collapses to the ground, cracking his head on a rock as he falls. Patrice reaches out to the prone cultist, but quickly withdraws her hand.

"Sir, I say, sir. Are you all right?"

The hem of the cultists cloak has ridden up to his knees revealing thick calf muscles with a shock of black hair—like fur—growing round his legs. Patrice has a flashback to Fraser's Preparatory School for Young Ladies, herself and Julie Sparks under the bed covers with a torch, giggling over a copy of Men's Health. "Sparky" points out the developed muscles of a young athlete.

"Hey, Pattie, you know why his calf muscle are so fat, don't you?"

"Well, not really, no—lots of exercise?"

“Silly! They say it's from doing you know what."

Patrice is back in the mouth of the Black Cave, she is thirty three years old, has been engaged to be married twice; and now she understands what "Sparky" was alluding to, all those years ago. With a toreador flick of her chin she walks away from the dying cultist.

"You filthy pervert!" 

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:32 pm
by trixie
Ursula Downs moves to the graveyard.

OOC Tabs you have me in stitches..... :lol:

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:57 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 4 Movement
To South Church

ooc,Roland moves from the Historical Society - Southside - South Church and picks up clue token

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:02 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 4 Movement
The Unnamable->Woods
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 4 movement points going to the Woods. He claims the Clue token, giving him a total of 3.
Hank and his father hurry south through the streets of Arkham, soon reaching the city limits and venturing into the dark and spooky woods. Strange sounds disturb Hank, but they aren't enough to frighten him.

"That's probably just birds," he says.

"I dunno," says Pa. "Birds don't usually chant. I'm pretty sure we weren't followed, but that doesn't mean nobody was here ahead of us. Keep your eyes peeled."

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 4 Arkham Encounter
Woods
OOC,"You stealthily watch an old man place something in a hollow tree..." (Innsmouth). [b]Hank[/b] chooses to reach into the tree. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2956227/]Luck(+0) roll in the Woods, reaching into the hollow tree (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] gains a Common Item.
Hank and his father creep through the darkened woods, hiding behind trees and undergrowth. They stop when they approach a shaded clearing where an old man is also sneaking. They remain hidden and watch him as he tiptoes over to a hollow tree. The old man furtively looks around before concealing something into the tree's hollow and then slinks off.

"I'm gonna see what he stashed in there," whispers Hank once he is sure the elderly man is gone. He slips over to the tree, reaches inside, and pulls out his prize.

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:29 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 4 Encounter
South Church
ooc,Roland gains holy water

Roland falls to his knees in front of the priest and grips at the tiny lead cross he had worn around his neck since he was a boy. It had given him strength before his long dive in serious sadomasochisticism.

I have seen and done such terrible things father… Please explain it to me. Please I beg of you…

Roland grips at the cloth robe of the resident priest and tells all he has learned tonight.

The father frowns and sighs deeply. He simply hands Roland a bottle of water and walks away.

Trust in god my son.

Roland lowers his head in defeat and begins to cut his ankles with his dagger….

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:28 am
by Tabs

Turn 4 Other World Encounter
City of the Great Race
Other: Pass a Luck (-1) check to find the gate back. If so, immediately return to Arkham.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2959884/]Luck 3 (-1) check (1d6=2, 1d6=1)[/url]; [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2959889/]Clue token to pass Luck check (1d6=5)[/url], success! Silas gains an explored token.
Silas is grasping a polished marble pillar in the entrance hall at the Esoteric Order of Dagon, inspecting the wounds inflicted on him by the fish-man creature. A barb is protruding from the skin along his ribcage; he wraps his headscarf round the spines and yanks it out.

"Jesus Christ!"

Gobs of blood ooze out of the wound, and slivers of mother of pearl shell--scales--flutter to the floor. A dizziness engulfs him and Silas collapses.

The entrance hall has become startlingly bright; he squints at the low sun which is shoooting rays directly into his eyes. All around is a huge courtyard built with greenish rock, and towering above is a windowless cylindrical ampitheatre. The dizziness returns, and Silas steadies himself by placing a hand out, so that he is hunched like a three legged beast. And now he is emphatically sick, a stream of orange mucus splatters the ground.

Silas wipes the muck stupidly, and sees his own face--haggard and pale--staring back at him; it's his reflection from the polished marble floor of the entrance hall at the Esoteric Order of Dagon.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:12 am
by Tabs

Turn 4 Other World Encouter
R'lyeh
Other: The shadowy entity gives up the chase. Lose 1 Stamina from exhaustion.
Patrice climbs the staircase two steps at a time, pursued by a wind which seems to be forever at her back. The heel of her shoe snaps and her ankle rolls painfully. Clutching her abdomen because of the "stitch" caused by her exertion she reaches down and picks up the broken heel. She begins to mouth vile swear words, only, no sound is emitted: Patrice is morally incapable of cursing out loud--she has always looked down on those who have no better way to express their dissatisfaction with life. Fist shaking and jaw working, she rages at the injustice of the world; until the pursuing wind enters her mouth and wraps itself round her larynx; she doesn't stop yelling obscenities for a long, long time.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:51 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Mythos

Estate Sale environment
Investigators who end their movement in the Uptown streets may draw 2 Unique Items and purchase one, none, or both of them at list price, discarding any that are not purchased.

The Witch House, gate: Another Dimension
Doom token added to the doom track (6).
Dark Young, Byakhee
Monster movement: Byakhee -> Sky, Dhole -> Northside

MARTIAL LAW DECLARED IN INNSMOUTH!

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:41 am
by Tabs
Dust card
"That night I dreamt I was lost in darkness--the only sound being soft footsteps that drew nearer, ever nearer, until I woke in the grip of horror."
If there are any more cards left in the first dust deck, discard them all. Do not pass the first player token this turn.

Turn 5 Upkeep

ooc: Fight >4 Will <1, Lore >3 Luck <2

Turn 5 Upkeep

ooc: Fight >5 Will <2

Turn 5 Upkeep

ooc: Speed <2 Sneak >3

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 5 Upkeep
Woods
OOC,No changes.
"It's just a dumb knife," says Hank, disappointed. "Well, maybe I can trade it for something later."

"Let's get some sleep while we can," says Pa. "We'll camp out here and leave first thing in the morning. I think we've shaken any pursuit."

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:15 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 5 Upkeep
South Church
ooc,No changes
Completely dejected.. Roland, Malone and that little monkey bastard try to figure out their next move. The stench of the rotting ghoul is a little too much to bare and the sight of the monkey rubbing up on the carcass was simply ghastly. Roland walks around to the side of the church and kicks open the door to an old rickety tool shed. After bumping around in the dark, the detective emerges with a wheel barrow and a shovel.

C'mon gentlemen. Help me load up the zombie... We're burying this asshole in the graveyard.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:20 am
by Tabs

Turn 5 Movement
General Store -> Witch House

ooc: Horror check vs Dark Young (1d6=3); Clue spend: Horror check vs Dark Young (1d6=5), success, but lose 1 Sanity because of Nightmarish ability; Lore check to cast Shrivelling (1d6=4, 1d6=4); Clue spend: Lore check (1d6=5), success, but lose 1 Sanity (Sanity Cost of spell); Combat check vs Dark Young [4 -1 +6 +1] (1d6=6, 1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=3, 1d6=6, 1d6=6, 1d6=3, 1d6=3, 1d6=1, 1d6=4), success, Dark Young taken as a trophy.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:17 am
by Tabs

Turn 5 Movement
Esoteric Order of Dagon

Singing: in some godforsaken dead language. The sound is coming from deep within the building. Silas sneers.

"The apse must be further inside.

"God! I feel like shit!"

Fearing that the congregation has finished their service, Silas shuffles on his bottom until he is hidden by one of the marble pillars, then he rests against it, letting his head loosely fall back so that his skull taps the marble.

Turn 5 Movement
R'yleh 1st area -> 2nd area

Her throat sore from shouting, Patrice places a hand round her neck, but it is not only physical pain she feels; mental turmoil, as well, like her soul has been twisted.

Patrice climbs up the final step, ready to trudge onward in the hope she'll get away, and return home.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 5 Movement
Woods->Science Building
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 3 movement points going to the Science Building.
Hank follows Pa back into Arkham. "Where are we going now, Pa?" he asks.

"Miskatonic University," answers Pa. "To the Science Building. I know some folks there who may be able to help us figure out what's going on."

"I don't know much about all that sciencey stuff."

"That's okay, I'll handle that part of it. You handle the killin' stuff."

"Right, Pa."

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:05 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 5 Movement
South Church => Southside => French Hill => Rivertown => Graveyard
ooc,Roland moves from the South Church to the Graveyard and collects the clue token. Roland now has 5 clue tokens and “Heck with it” is now in play.
Roland and Malone wheels the corpse of the ghoul down the winding path through the Arkham cemetery. After finding an unmarked grave, Roland tosses his partner a shovel and begins to dig. He plays the events of the night over and over in his head, trying to get a grasp of the whole thing.

After an hour or so of mind boggling digging Roland and Malone heft the ghoul into the shallow grave. Roland wipes the sweat from his brow and shakes his head spitting on the creature.

This town is insane Malone. No one’s gonna believe this rubbish no matter how I write it up. And write it up I will. Everything… including this necrophiliac monkey here.

Roland then takes out his enchanted blade and examines it in the moonlight.

Aww Heck with it! Let’s kill em all. Let god do the sortin’

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:41 pm
by Tabs

Turn 5 Arkham Encounter
Esoteric Order of Dagon

ooc: Fight check to close City of the Great Race (1d6=4, 1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=6, 1d6=4, 1d6=4). Seal location: 1 Clue + 4 Clues from Patrice. Gate taken as a trophy.

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:54 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 5 Arkham Encounter
Science Building
OOC,"A chemical brew bubbles..." [b]Hank[/b] chooses not to drink it, as he is already at maximum Sanity and Stamina and it would not benefit him.
Hank and Pa enter an empty laboratory. A chemical brew bubbles on a nearby Bunsen burner. It smells delicious.

"Hello!" calls out Pa. "Anyone here?" There is no response.

Hank wanders over to the bubbling flask and sniffs it. "This smells good," he says. "I bet it tastes good, too."

"Don't drink that, son! You don't even know what it is!"

"Oh, yeah."

"Whoever's running this place, it doesn't seem that they believe in safety. They shouldn't leave a fire burning if nobody's around to watch it."

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:25 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 5 Arkham Encounter.
Witch House

As Ursula opens the door to the witch house a flash of white light envelops her. She is flung forward through the entranceway and propelled in flash frame motion into the portal to another dimension.

The milkman keeping extremely odd hours swears to this day he could see her panties as she flew through the portal.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 5 Encounter
Graveyard
ooc,Roland collects monster trophy.
Roland pats down the dirt with the flat end of his shovel and sighs.

Well that’s done. Now we can finally get down to figuring out what’s so screwy with this town.

I don’t think so sir… Says Malone picking up the monkey and pointing in the direction of the cemetery gate. Someone’s coming….

Roland squints his eyes to get a better look at the men approaching. He couldn’t believe it. The were pushing a wheel barrow of infinitely better quality than the one Roland had confiscated from the South Church shed. As the men drew closer Roland reached for his dagger and sighed when he realized what they were carrying in the wheelbarrow. It was another zombie or whatever hell beast.

This where you droppin’ off the freshies? Asked the man not pushing the wheel barrow.

The freshies? Replied Malone.

Yeah! Whatever the hell you call this undead groanin’ bastard we done shot in the nuts.

Two times! Added the fellow holding the wheel barrow.

Roland conceded not wanting to continue the conversation.

Yeah… Dump him there. We’ll bury em.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:40 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 5 Arkham Dimensional Encounter.
Another Dimension
ooc,Ursula rolls 5, 3, 1, 6, 1 Two successes. Ursula takes 3 stamina damage. Ursula also gains 1 clue token. see roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2978452/
Ursala flies out of the portal and lands on her ass on a tiel colored shore. She brushes the sand off her dress and surveys her surroundings. She is surrounded on all sides by an ocean of blood. Far off in the distance Ursula spots a tiny point of light.

Then a squid shaped row boat digs its way out of the sand... it winks at Ursula and enthusiastically waves her in. Each tentacle fixed with mottled rows of eyes and suckers…

Ursula sees no choice but to board the living vessel and soon is paddling across the bloody waters with an old kayak paddle that seemed to materialize from the squids ink jet-hole-thing. The tentacles of the squid canoe leered over the side of the boat and Ursula was shocked and offended that the creature was leering tween her legs at her panties… much like the milk man. Coincidence? Perhaps…

She rowed and rowed until every muscle was burning. She nearly collapses from exhaustion on the far shore and the tentacles of the squid canoe nearly sneak a peak at her panties.

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:11 pm
by Tabs

Turn 5 Other World Encounter
R'lyeh
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2980632/]Luck check (1d6=6, 1d6=5, 1d6=5)[/url]
Slip on wet stones and slide into a pit. Pass a Luck (+0) check to climb out.
Like a twisting tango dancer gone wrong, she skids and then stumbles down a hole, falling amongst the rocks. Luckily she scrambles out unhurt; however, Patrice's violin case has a dent in it inflicted by herself when she sat upon it, her legs akimbo.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:31 am
by Tabs
Turn 5 Mythos

Sheldon Gang Turns to Police for Aid! Headline
The Sheldon Gang disturbs a burial mound, releasing 2 monsters into the Uptown Streets.

Graveyard, gate: Great Hall of Celeano (Roland is drawn through the gate, and delayed in the Other World).
Doom token added to doom track (7).
Monsters: Fire Vampire & Shoggoth
Movement: Dhole -> Downtown, Byakhee -> Sky, Shoggoth -> Easttown
Clue appears at: Unvisited Isle.
Headline Deep One & Mi-Go

Patrice gains 1 Clue token.

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:34 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 Arkham Upkeep.
Another Dimension
ooc,Ursula makes no changes. Spends two clue tokens to avoid drawing a dust card. Considers changing panties but refuses to prescribe to all that superstitious nonsense.

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:32 pm
by Tabs

Turn 6 Upkeep

ooc: Speed <1 Sneak >4

Turn 6 Upkeep

ooc: Lore >5 Luck <0

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 6 Upkeep
Science Building
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] increases his Fight from 3 to 5 and decreases his Will from 2 to 0. He's going to go monster hunting in the Uptown streets. Hopefully that Clue that just popped up will keep.
As Hank and his father walk out of the lab, they pass an excited-looking graduate student. "Did you hear about what happened Uptown?" he asks.

"Uh, no," says Hank, "but I'm sure you're going to tell me."

"The Sheldon Gang's been up to its old tricks. Some of them dug up an ancient burial mound to loot it, but they got so scared that they actually went to the cops for help!"

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:31 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 Upkeep
ooc,Roland changes his speed to 2 and his sneak to 3.
Great Hall of Celeano.

Roland had just finished burying the second corpse. He wiped the sweaty rot from his forehead and looked at Malone.

Now we can finally get back to the case....

What is the case again sir? I'm afraid I've forgotten...

Roland thinks hard scratching at his temples with an empty ball point pen.

Dammit! I got no idea what we're doing in this damned town. All this crazy cock-a-mainy nightmare stuff's got me so wound up I...
A portal suddenly flashes into existance directly behind Roland. The three investigators look up in stoopified bewilderment. The Monkey holds tightly to Malone's lapel as the three are lifted violently into the air and thrown into the light.

Soon after much madness and dispare...they stood in front of the entrance to a great suspicious hall carved in shadow and twisting rock. And by stood I mean sprawled and strewn about like stuffed animals on a child's floor.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:35 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 Arkham Movement.
Another Dimension
ooc,Ursula moves into the second space in Another Dimension..
Ursula, driven completely paranoid by the mere presence of the squid canoe, decides to put on another pair of panties for good measure.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:52 pm
by Tabs

Turn 6 Movement
Esoteric Order -> Gilman House Hotel
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2989883/]Evade check (1d6=1, 1d6=4, 1d6=6, 1d6=1, 1d6=3, 1d6=4)[/url]
Silas runs down the steps, two at a time, and jumps on to his motorcycle. He guns the motor and roars away from the Esoteric Order. Hopefully, he can get some r'n'r at a hotel he knows of in Innsmouth.

Intuition tells him to go careful, so he cuts the engine and glides silently to a stop one block away from the hotel; he was right: a police barrier runs across the street, several men wearing blue uniforms are guarding entry and exit. Silas wheels his motorcycle down a side alley, leaving it propped by some trash cans. He climbs a fence, lets himself drop down the other side and finds a door. Strong fish odours tell him he's found the kitchen door of the hotel.

Turn 6 Movement
R'lyeh -> Black Cave

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:00 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 6 Movement
Science Building->Uptown streets
OOC,[b]Silas[/b] isn't going to make his way to Y'ha-Nthlei to grab those Clues? [b]Hank[/b] spends 2 movement points going to the Uptown streets. [b]Hank[/b] does not need to make an initial Horror check against Mi-Go. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2990461/]Combat check against Mi-Go (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun]), Round 1 (9d6.hits(5)=5)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] gains a Unique Item. Mi-Go is removed from the game. [b]Hank[/b] does not need to make an initial Horror check against Deep One. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2990468/]Combat check against Deep One (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] - 1 [Deep One]), 6 counts as 2 successes, Round 1 (8d6.hits(5)=4)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] claims Deep One as a monster trophy.
"Let's go check it out, Pa," says Hank. His father nods, and the two of them leave the campus and head back to Uptown. A peculiar buzzing echoes from overhead. Looking up, Hank sees a bizarre flying creature swooping down on him. Without even thinking about it, he brings up his shotgun and blasts it dead on. There is nothing left of the thing, but something it was carrying fell to the ground. He picks it up. "I don't think I've ever seen a bug that big before."

He barely has time to catch his breath before a something that looks like a cross between a frog, a fish, and a man comes at him from around the corner with its claws extended. Hank whirls and fires, filling it full of buckshot and dropping it. "That guy sure was ugly," he says. "Even uglier than the first guy I fought."

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:35 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 Movement
Great Hall of Celeano.

Roland stands up and looks around.

Where in shit holy fuck are we?

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:36 pm
by Tabs

Turn 6 Arkham Encounter
Gilman House Hotel
Despite the horrible stories you've heard, the desk clerk seems genuinely pleased to see you. "Welcome to Innsmouth," he says. "Welcome home." Draw two Innsmouth Look cards.
ooc,Due to Silas's "tainted blood", he draws one extra Innsmouth Look card; all three cards state: "You do not have the Innsmouth Look."
Silas wanders along a carpeted hallway, but stops at the hotel's reception desk. He is about to "ping" the service bell when a beak-nosed clerk uncoils, snake-like, from underneath the desk; the clerk offers no explanation as to what he was doing.

"A guest. Welcome! to the Gilman House Hotel."

"Gimme a room, with a window overlooking the street."

"Why, of course. Fill in your name and address in the register."

Silas scrawls "S. Marsh" and the ship "Inscrutable". He slides the register back to the clerk who pauses a moment and then smiles greasily.

"Welcome home, sir."

"I want black coffee, eggs and ham sent up to my room."

Silas is peering out of the room's window at the police in the street below when he hears the door open and the "chink" of crockery. As he drops the chintz curtain back into place the maid is placing a tray on the table beside his bed. She is bent over from the waist, so that all Silas can see of the maid are broad hips in a cheap, shiny skirt and a slim waist. She pours the coffee.

"Anything else, Mr Marsh?"

Silas's thoughts skip to his recent unsatisfactory encounter with the smelly harlot. It was in a back room of the inn where his ship disembarked. The disarray of dirty petticoats; the knowledge he wasn't the first that hour. The heat in his abdomen expands and burns, hot blood races to his head. The maid stands straight, turns round.

"Anything...."

Silas drinks in the voluptuous, hourglass figure; the ruby lips enclosing perfect, white teeth; the long, aqualine nose; and the lopsided, watery eyes.
ooc,Silas gains 1 Sanity.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:29 pm
by Tabs

Turn 6 Arkham Encounter
Black Cave

ooc: Lore check to close gate to R'lyeh (1d6=1, 1d6=6). Gate taken as a trophy. 4 Clue tokens spent, and "Research Materials" discarded to seal the Black Cave.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:04 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 Other World Encounter.
Another Dimension
ooc,Ursula spends lucky cigarette case and collects 1 spell..
Ursula fumbles for the falling carving but it comes crashing to the ground destroying whatever important script was written all over the construct. Instead of getting her panties all in a bunch, Ursula lights a cigarette from her lucky case. As the smoke fills her lungs she studies the pieces. Not all the writing was destroyed… To her own amazement as she was stranded in this other dimension… Ursula deciphers some of the writings.
roll,1st roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2997145/ 2nd roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2997166/

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:19 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 6 Other World Encounter
Great Hall of Celeano.
ooc,Roland collects gun.
Taking his first steps into the great hall, Roland discovers a corpse, now merely bones and sinew after years of obvious decay. He kicks it half, expecting the dead man to jump up and and a wheelbarrow to carry itself off in. The skeleton does no such thing....

Roland spots a small satchel sticking out from under the body. Roland pulls the satchel free and searches its contents for some explanation. The satchel held some old dried up plant material, a wallet and a gun. Roland slipped the gun into his trench coat pocket and studied the wallet. The ID was of a colored man with wild thick black hair. He wore a multicolored hair band quite shocking for the early 40s. The man's name on his license was Johnny Allen Hendrix. Born November 27, 1942.

That's strange Malone. His license says he's only a few years old, yet he looks in his twenties.

Perhaps time works differently in this place.

Roland ponders the name and places the wallet in his pocket next to the gun.

Well Johnny.. You're dead now and this hand cannon will do just fine.

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:47 pm
by Tabs
Turn 6 Mythos

Order of Dagon Suspected!
Although no proof exists, it is suspected that the Esoteric Order of Dagon released 2 monsters into the Church Green streets.

Marsh Refinery: monster surge: Dark Young, Ghoul and Ghost.
Movement: Dhole -> Northside, Shoggoth -> French Hill, Byakhee -> Uptown.
Clue appears at: Y'ha-nthlei.
Headline: Deep One and Ghost

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:08 am
by Tabs
Monster surge: Deep One, Shoggoth and Star Spawn.
Movement: Shoggoth (Graveyard) -> French Hill.

Dust card.
The endless dreams of terrified anticipation began to take their toll on me, the dark rings under my eyes and shaking hands telling the tale to any who bothered to look.

Lose 1 Sanity. Do not pass the first player token this turn.

Turn 7 Upkeep
Gilman House Hotel
ooc,Fight <3 Will >4.
Silas swings his legs off the bed and sits hunched--elbows on knees and palms resting in his eye sockets--and exhales a long gust of breath. The bed covers shift as the maid wriggles beneath the eiderdown...and it all comes back to him: the frenzied coupling; he is a strong man, but.... Silas chuckles in a self-mocking way, and mutters.

"The mutant bitch rutted like a beast. Jesus! Silas, you sick mother', you're getting desperate."

At the washstand he "flobs" a ball of mucus into the bowl--it tastes of sardines.

Turn 7 Upkeep
Black Cave
ooc,Speed >3 Sneak <2.
Standing In the mouth of the cave, Patrice scans outside for any sign of danger. She thinks she spots the hairy calf stump of the troglodyte she thumped.

"He's still lying there, then."

It dawns on her that the man is dead, so she shrinks backwards, deeper into the cave.

An insistent buzzing comes from a stricken gold-bug lying amongst the stones; Patrice realises the gold-bug is the remnant of the destroyed gate--the gate to the other land. Stepping carefully, as if the gold-bug is a turd on the sidewalk, she looks for a rocky outcrop to perch upon, where she can re-read the King in Yellow.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 7 Upkeep
Uptown streets
OOC,No changes.
Hank reloads the shotgun, having expended both barrels. No sooner has he done so than he hears a flapping of wings overhead.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:30 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 7 Upkeep
Great Hall of Celeano.
ooc,Roland makes no changes.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:31 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 7 Upkeep
Another Dimension
ooc,Ursula changes her sneak to 3 and speed to 2.

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:14 pm
by Tabs
Turn 7 Movement
Gilman House Hotel -> Devil Reef
ooc,1 movement point to the Factory District, the other 2 movement points (Motorcycle) utilising Silas' "Able Seaman" ability to Devil Reef.
Silas softly steps through the hotel kitchen. Huge stainless steel vats sit upon a row of gas stoves, bubbling furiously; the atmosphere is choked by noxious steam. A chef--a beefcake of a man--wearing a gut smeared apron and holding a cleaver, chops desultorily at a hunk of nameless meat; he is muttering to himself.

"Where is she? that good-for-nothin' daughter of mine."

The chef stops and turns to Silas.

"Oi! No guests in the kitchen.

"It's Mr. Marsh isn't it?--I know that no one else is staying here at this dump. Hey, my surname is 'Marsh' as well; you're not from Innsmouth?"--Silas nods--"Well, that means we are cousins! And here comes another relative of yours."

The door behind Silas swings open and in bustles the maid.

"Dad, I've been...busy--"

The maid notices Silas; Silas stares at the maid; Dad sees his daughter's unbuttoned blouse; Dad flushes crimson with rage.

"Why you--"

The chef looks apoplectic. Silas ducks under the chef's raised cleaver and sprints for his life.

Turn 7 Movement
Black Cave
ooc: Lore check to read King in Yellow. (1d6=4, 1d6=6, 1d6=6); Patrice gains 4 Clue tokens, discards the King in Yellow and loses 1 Sanity.

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:40 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 7 Movement
Uptown streets
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] does not need to make an initial Horror check against Byakhee. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3003094/]Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun]) against Byakhee, Round 1 (9d6.hits(5)=3)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] claims Byakhee as a Monster trophy.
The black shape swooped down from out of the sun directly at Hank, keeping him from seeing it clearly. "Pull!" he shouts, without really understanding why, and he fires his shotgun at the thing. The buckshot obliterates it before it even gets close. "Darned birds are getting worse."

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:05 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 7 Movement
Hall of Celano (2)
ooc,Roland moves to the second space on the Hall of Celano otherly world.
Roland continued down the hall of Celano with Jimi Hendrix’s pistol in hand. Malone and the monkey followed close behind, Malone nervously wiping dried monkey semen from the corner of his lapel.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:09 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 7 Upkeep
Another Dimension to Witch House
ooc,Ursula moves back throught the gate in another dimension to the Witch House.
Ursula steps through the gate and adjusts her panties. It had been a long and suggestive canoe ride and Ursula was happy to be rid of that foul dimension's perverse stink.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:30 pm
by Tabs
Turn 7 Arkham Encounter
Devil Reef: "Horrible man-shaped forms in the water are making a trade with the dark figures standing on the reef. You may attempt a Fight (-1) check...."
ooc: Fight check not attempted--too risky because Silas only has 2 Stamina.

Silas slaps the kayak's paddle upon the waves, and sees the man-shaped forms dart away into the depths, like squid propelled by a jet of water.

Turn 7 Arkham Encounter
Black Cave: "In the darkness you happen upon the remains of a previous spelunker. Make a Luck (+0) check:" Luck check (1d6=1)
"Successes: 0) The body begins to bloat and splits open, releasing the horror within. Lose 1 Sanity and a monster appears!"
ooc: Hound of Tindalos. Patrice uses the "Silver Key" to pass an Evade check.

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:51 am
by Tabs
Turn 7 Arkham Encounter
The Witch House

ooc: Fight check (close gate to Another Dimension) (1d6=3, 1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=6). Spend 5 Clue tokens to seal the gate.

Turn 7 Other World Encounter
Celeano: "The shrunken old man smiles toothlessly and offers you a choice of two gifts--either a gilded book or small box." Book: 1-3 or box: 4-6 (1d6=3). "Draw 3 spells, plus 1 additional Spell for each Clue token you spend. Keep 1 Spell of your choice."
ooc: Spend 1 Clue token to draw 4 Spells; Spell chosen: Wither.

Turn 7 Mythos
The Southside Strangler Strikes
Independence Square, gate: The Abyss.
Doom token added to the doom track (8).
Monsters: Warlock & Formless Spawn[Outskirts].
Movement: Fire Vampire -> Sky and Ghoul -> Factory District.
Rumor: Return one Ally to the box at the end of every Mythos Phase. Pass: If a player discards 5 Clue tokens at Ma's. Fail: If there are no Allies remaining.

Patrice gains a Clue token from her "Ominous Dreams" ability.

Silas spends 2 Clue tokens (from Patrice) so as not to draw a Dust card.
Turn 8 Upkeep
Devil Reef

ooc: No changes.

Turn 8 Upkeep
Black Cave

ooc: Lore <3 Luck >2. Patrice intends to pick up the Clue token at the Unvisited Isle.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 8 Upkeep
Uptown streets
OOC,No changes. Good call sending [b]Patrice[/b] after that Clue. I'm going to Independence Square and the Abyss, and I'll get 2 Clues from the Warlock. Between me, [b]Roland[/b], and [b]Silas[/b], we can seal those last three Gates. We can ignore the Rumor, as it won't affect us until after the game is over, but if another Gate opens then [b]Patrice[/b] gains 5 Clues and can deal with it.
Hank reloads his shotgun again. "Let's get out of here, Pa," he says.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:23 am
by Tabs
Turn 8 Upkeep
Celeano

ooc: Lore >4 Luck <1. Roland gains 1 Clue token from his "Intuitive" ability.

Turn 8 Upkeep
The Witch House

ooc: Speed <2 Sneak >3.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:58 am
by Tabs
Turn 8 Movement
Devil Reef -> Y'ha-nthlei
ooc,Silas picks up the 3 Clue tokens.
Sat in his kayak above Devil Reef, Silas retches and spits into the sea, he leans forward, his face close to the water, breathing slowly, taking a moment to collect his thoughts; but he has only one thought: he feels terrible.

Circles caused by raindrops radiate upon the water's surface. Silas looks up into the cloudless sky and ponders with his dull mind the significance of the peculiar atmospheric effect. Puzzled, he again looks down at the circles and realizes that they are not radiating but shrinking: ever decreasing circles; there is a disturbance beneath the sea. The water appears to boil, and it darkens, a mass of the squid shape creatures--who Silas frightened away before--have returned and are thrashing round the kayak. Silas lays about him with the kayak's paddle, smacking at the squid; but there is too many of them and now they do not shoot away into the depths. A glistening rope or a slimy arm, wraps round the kayak's nose--and twists--pitching Silas into the water. And like all good sailors, he cannot swim.

He sinks beneath the waves, not even attempting to rise above the surface: he's had enough and commits himself to the end; Silas manages to smile--more of a pathetic grimace--"Dissolution--food for the sea creatures."

His lips, and then teeth, are prised apart, and somthing vile is rammed down his throat; it scrapes and burns; he begins to gag, but stops: he can breathe. Silas opens his eyes.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:03 pm
by Tabs
Turn 8 Movement
Black Cave -> Unvisited Isle

ooc: Patrice picks up the Clue token.

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 8 Movement
Uptown streets->Independence Square
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 4 movement points to go to Independence Square. He does not need to make an initial Horror check against Warlock. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3025421/]Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] - 3 [Warlock]) fighting Warlock, Round 1 (6 counts as 2 hits) (6d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] automatically fails the Horror check and loses 1 Sanity. [b]Hank[/b] discards Food to avoid taking 1 damage. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3048677/]Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] - 3 [Warlock]) fighting Warlock, Round 2 (6 counts as 2 hits) (6d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. The sixes each count as 2 hits for a total of 4 damage, so Warlock is defeated and returned to the monster cup, since it is Endless.
Pa nods. "Good thinking, son," he says.

"But where do we go?" asks Hank.

Pa consults the old journals. "According to this, several ley lines intersect at Independence Square. Whatever is going on, the source of it may be there."

Hank and his father walk through town to reach Independence Square. When they get there, they find a man with cruel features raising his hands to the sky, where winds are swirling and buffeting everything around.

"Hey, mister!" calls Hank. "Whatcha doin'?"

The man turns to face them. "I am opening the way for Quachil Uttaus!" he exults. "Soon he will tread the dust of the earth, and all will die except for me. Because of my bargain, Quachil Uttaus has granted me immortality. And now that have told you my plan...you must die! Any last words?"

"Um, immort-what?"

"It means I cannot die."

"Really?" Hank points his shotgun at the man and pulls the trigger.

The wizard reels with the impact, but remains on his feet and points a finger at Hank. "Yes, really!" Lightning streaks out and strikes Hank in the chest, but he shrugs off the blow.

"But I shot you!" Hank is a little disturbed. "You're s'poseda die!" Not knowing what else to do, he fires his second barrel. The man gets a face full of buckshot and drops like a rock. "Guess he was wrong." With the battle over, Hank chows down on the bag lunch he had brought with him and reloads his shotgun again.

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:26 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 8 Movement
Hall of Celano (2) > Graveyard.
ooc,Roland moves to Graveyard .
Roland steps through the gate and back into the graveyard. He breathes a sigh of relief and chucks Malone on the shoulder.

Gald to be back Malone?

Yes Sir!

I see the damned monkey survived the trip.

Unfortunately Sir! And it seened someone else followed us through...

Roland looks more carefully through the thick night air only a graveyard could provide and spots a vaporous black man with an aphro and a guitar staring menacingly in his direction.

I beleive that's Mr. Hendrix sir!

I'll be damned! You think he wants his gun back? Cuz that's not happening Malone! he can have the monkey Malone before I give him back his gun! I swear to god Malone! No bloody way!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:24 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Turn 8 Movement
Witch House to French Hill to Rivertown.
ooc,Ursula tries to sneak past the Dark Spawn. She casts Voice of Ra giving her +1 to all skill checks. She rolls 6, 6. Pass. Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3030483/ Ursula then tries to sneak past the Dark Spawn. She rolls a 5,6. Pass Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3030641/ Then Ursula tries to sneak past the Star Demon or whatever… She rolls a 4, 1 5. Pass Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3030644/ Ursula then tries to sneak past the Shoggoth She rolls a 2, 6, 2. Pass Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3030697/ Ursula then tries to sneak past the 2nd Shoggoth . She rolls a 5, 6, 1 Pass Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3030701/ Whew!!!

The fear in Ursula's heart nearly knocks her over as she was suddenly confronted in the real world by the massive hulking shapes of the Star Spawn and a Dark Young. If panties had feelings, both pairs Ursula was wearing would be scared silly. She stared in horror at the two creatures wondering what insane circumstances copuld have brought these two demons together. What sort of sick and twisted tea party was the witch throwing and in whose snake god's honor was she throwing it?

Nuts to this!!

Ursula runs for it.

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:17 am
by Tabs
Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Y'ha-nthlei: "You find a curious doorway. If you pass through it, move to the Esoteric Order of Dagon and have an encounter there." Silas stays at Y'ha-nthlei.

He falls beneath the sea, admiring the refracting sunbeams which strike out at obtuse angles where they touch the water's surface. Silas' feet sink gently into the sand of the seabed, and his descent comes to a halt. He finds himself amidst a vast underwater city: sweeping arches; high, cone-shaped columns; and myriad phosphorescent fires.

Walking becomes a series of awkward jumps where he hovers in between steps and glides along over several "land" paces; he perseveres, and finds himself before a doorway.

Looking through the doorway Silas sees a table made from a scarlet veined marble, and atop it a crying infant; the altar is surrounded by a braying crowd of cowled figures.

A tug on his sleeve and a warbling voice over his shoulder.

"You are not ready to go inside. Stay here, with us, a while longer."

Silas turns, and beholds a fish headed monstrosity with rubber lips and huge lidless eyes. "Stay a while, son."

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:44 am
by Tabs
Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Unvisited Isle (Innsmouth): "Walking into a clearing, you feel that you are the centre of a web of enormous magical energy. You may return one gate marker in play...." Patrice decides not to--unbelievably, there are only three gates in play, and the investigators need them open, so that the gates can be sealed.

"Stop right there, young man. Why are you not in school?"

"Dunno, miss."

"What is your name?"

"James Blake, miss: my friends call me 'Jimbo.' And what's yours?"

"Cheeky! I am Ms. Hathaway-- My friends call me 'Patty.' Tell me, Jimbo, what is that you are holding?"

Jimbo holds out a pebble covered in scratches.

"This is my 'chalk'--I use it to draw with...and what is that you're holding?"

"Why, Jimbo, it is a violin case. Have you not seen one before?"

"A violin...will you play somethin for me, Patty?..."

"Ha! but how could I resist such an invitation?"

"Please, Patty, please."

Patrice unbuckles the case and takes out her violin; her audience hunkers down to await the performance, a look of rapt attention upon his face. She begins by plucking at the strings--just so as to tease the little boy--and then she brushes the bow upon the violin in a majestic sweep. The sound is beautiful, and the double stopping is perfection itself: it is the most exquisite music Patrice will ever play.

"Patty, that was wonderful, like thoughts inside a dream."

"Gosh! Jimbo, how eloquent. Thank you."

The boy brings his knees together, a look of concentration upon his face. Jimbo farts: loudly and for a long time. Patrice attempts to hold on to her elation and her smile.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:32 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Independence Square->Abyss (1st area)
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] is pulled through the Gate to the first area of the Abyss.
"Nice shooting, son," says Pa.

"Thanks, Pa," says Hank. "Now what?"

"Now we have to find a way to close that thing." Pa points up at the swirling vortex above them, which is spinning faster. The winds are picking up and getting more violent.

Before either of them could do anything more, they are swept off their feet and sucked up into the air. "Help, Pa!" cries Hank. "I'm falling up!" Both of them are pulled into the portal, and no trace of them remains.

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:53 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Graveyard.
ooc,Roland closes and seals the gate borrowing one clue token from Patrice. Roland makes a lore check (-1) Pass roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3038567/ .

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:56 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 9 Movement
French Hill
ooc,Ursula attempts to evade the two Shoggoths.She will first cast her voice of Ra Spell. roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3051593/ - Fail Spends her last 3 clue tokens to finally pass. giving her +1 on all skill checks. Ursula then tries to Evade Shoggoth 1. roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3051597/ - Pass Ursuala then tries to Evade Shoggoth 2 roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3051597/2 Passes

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 8 Other World Encounter
Abyss (1st area)
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3041004/]Luck(-2) check to avoid getting lost in the dark Abyss (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3041005/]Spending one Clue token to get an extra die on the Luck roll (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] succeeds. May he borrow that Clue from [b]Patrice[/b]?
Hank and his father find themselves in complete darkness. "Pa?" he asks.

"I'm over here, son," calls Pa.

"Where? I can't see a thing!" He feels his way around the darkness. "Marco!"

"Polo!"

Eventually, through the technique of Marco Polo, Hank and his father are able to find each other in the stygian void. Reunited, they stumble their way onwards and soon find a faint light ahead.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:41 am
by Tabs
ooc,[quote]May [Hank] borrow that Clue from [b]Patrice[/b]?[/quote] Of course! Now, Patrice has 2 Clue tokens remaining. Thanks to Roland, the investigators have sealed 4 gates; Silas will complete his personal story Turn 9 Upkeep, so that will be 5 gates sealed; the game will be won if Hank can return from The Abyss and seal the 6th gate!

Turn 8 Mythos
Egyptian Exhibit Visits Miskatonic U.
The Witch House is sealed by an Elder Sign.
One token added to the Deep One's Rising Track (2 of 6).
Movement: Maniac and Deep One -> Factory District, Deep One -> Factory District, Star Spawn -> French Hill.
Clue Appears At: Black Cave.
Environment: Any investigator who ends his movement in the Miskatonic U. streets may pass a Lore (-1) check to gain 1 Clue token by reading the strange hieroglyphics on the artifacts in the exhibit.

The Southside Strangler Strikes Rumor: Anna Kaslow leaves Arkham.

"'For some reason, that night my dreams were quiet and undisturbed. Perhaps my unseen stalker had moved on to some other poor soul.' Shuffle this card and discards back into the second dust deck. Do not pass the first player token this turn."
Turn 9 Upkeep
Unvisited Isle
ooc: No changes. Patrice will check out the Egyptian Exhibit in the Miskatonic U. streets.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:09 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 9 Upkeep
Abyss (1st area)
OOC,Are you sure it's wise to blow your Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card? I may need them to seal the Gate if I have to spend some on my next Encounter or roll badly trying to close it. You also don't need to go to the exhibit, as you can go to the Black Cave and be guaranteed to get at least one Clue rather than having to roll just for a chance to get one. Oh, and [b]Anna Koslow[/b] didn't leave town. The Southside Strangler [i]murdered[/i] her. :shock: [b]Hank[/b] decreases his Fight from 5 to 3 and increases his Will from 0 to 2 (+1 from [b]Pa[/b]). [b]Hank[/b] uses the Healing Stone to restore 1 Sanity.
"We're going to need to keep our wits about us to get back home," Pa cautions Hank.

"Right, Pa," says Hank.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:52 am
by Tabs
ooc,[quote]Are you sure it's wise to blow your Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card? I may need them to seal the Gate if I have to spend some on my next Encounter or roll badly trying to close it.[/quote] If Hank needs to spend his own Clue tokens, so be it!--what I'm thinking is, if Hank doesn't have 5 Clues to seal The Abyss, he can stay at Independence Square with an Explored token until Patrice gathers the required Clues.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:52 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 9 Upkeep
Graveyard.
ooc,Roland makes no changes. He gains 1 Clue token from his "Intuitive" ability.
Roland has had it up to the Monkey's knees with this Hendrix fellow. He cocks his pistol and kicks his monkey in preparation for an otherworldly fight.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:56 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 9 Upkeep.
French Hill
ooc,Ursula makes no changes.
Ursula wonders if she has time to shop for panties at the general store before the final gate is closed.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:55 am
by Tabs
Turn 9 Upkeep
Y'ha-nthlei
ooc: Silas passes his personal story, I Won't Give In!: "'I know now that there are things more terrible than death, and I refuse to let that siren's song claim me like it has so many of my family.' Seal one open gate of your choice. Silas is devoured." The gate chosen is Yuggoth at Marsh Refinery, the Dhole is returned to the cup. Due to the "Lurking Horror" ability of Mother Hydra a Vampire is placed in the Outskirts

"Father?"

"Yes, Silas. Do not be alarmed by my appearance. I judge that you have much to learn about your family heritage. Follow me, there is someone else I'd like you to meet."

"But-- Who?--

Henry Marsh--Silas' father--turns tail, literally, and swims like a crippled frog; he moves through the water, into the vast city of Y'ha-nthlei. Silas follows, loping along the seabed in his father's wake.

The dwelling is a rocky igloo, into which Henry Marsh glides with deceptive ease; deceptive, because Silas has to claw his way inside a claustrophobic tunnel, before scrabbling into the domed living space. Silas' father is waiting inside, and he immediately proffers a crystal decanter containing a ruby jelly.

"Silas, imbibe this nectar--a gift from Mother Hydra--to hasten your transition."

"Please, wait-- It is all too much-- You go too fast-- I don't understand what is happening."

"Look deep into my eyes, son; there you will find the answers...."

And Silas does. After many moments a resigned Silas lowers his gaze from his father's eyes.

"So, father, when I returned and found our house in Pitman Street deserted, you were not dead, as I thought?--and mother, too. Oh, I asked the neighbors what had happened to you both, of course I did, but no one knew; or at least, they pretended not to.

"I was young, in mind and spirit, in the spring of '21, and my ship had just returned from the South Seas...I think I am trying to say that I didn't care enough about you two to delve deeper into your apparent disappearance: my parents were gone, that was all."

Henry Marsh places a comforting hand upon his son's shoulder.

"Now, we are all together again."

"How can that be? We are different."

"We are the same. It seems you still do not fully understand. Silas...you have not eaten the ruby jelly."

Silas smiles--it is a wicked smile, born of hopelessness, but without fear.

"I'll never be like you."

"But, Silas, you already are."

A purple haze illuminates the rear of the igloo. A beautiful nymph slides towards Silas, her naked breasts shifting as if there is a swell in the water surrounding them; his eyes fall away from her navel to the fine, kelp-like hairy mound between the nymph's legs. The nymph speaks in a tone of infinite yearning.

"Silas. Silas. With magic you can be whoever you want: for all time. We-- You are immortal."

Silas snatches up the crystal decanter and cracks its neck upon the floor; he holds it out as if to toast his parents, the splintered glass is glittering crazily.

"Eternity: lusting after my mother! I don't think so."

"Stop! Please, Silas, please join us. There is nothing else, but oneness with Mother Hydra, and she is subject to the Lords of the Universe. There is no 'God,' no heaven or hell, all human religion is simply a superstition. We--the Deep Ones--are the chosen beings. We are reality."

"All of that sounds mighty fine, but I prefer to believe in nothing at all, especially not this new perversity. You, queen toad, and your ideas, are the nightmare of a drowning man."

"Silas, please--"

"Fuck you."

Silas sweeps the splintered glass across his throat, biting deeply into the flesh, severing arteries and veins in a frenzy of hatred and disgust; the water round Silas becomes a crimson cloud of blood.

And as Silas slips away, his brain starved of oxygenated blood, one final scene plays out in his mind.

Silas Marsh is surrounded by his Arkham life: Jimbo with his chalk, the blue-rinse slattern mouthing angry obscenities, the Zombie with only half of its head, a foul chimney, a crying child, his mother and father, a bloated worm, the adorable monkey.... They dance round him with staccato movements--stilted syncopation--slapping their knees and hooting aloud like Hiawatha. An ant with a bulbous, bandaged head, charges into the crowd of dancers and scatters them all as if they are ninepins and it is a boulder; the ant grows, and transforms into a towering, terrific lion.

The lion--Quachil Uttaus--positions itself above Silas who is stricken by fear; it unwraps a strip of cloth from round its head, dust showers upon Silas which chokes and blinds him; a vile mouth is revealed, with row upon row of tiny teeth. Quachil Uttaus squats beside the seaman and begins to nibble daintily at Silas' toes; the excruciating pain is like matchsticks hammered under his nails. Silas Marsh is devoured.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:32 am
by Tabs
Mandy Thompson
Turn 9 Upkeep, Library
No changes.

Turn 9 Movement, Unvisited Isle -> Science Building

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:00 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 9 Movement
Abyss (1st area)->Abyss (2nd area)

Hank and his father continue to walk towards the light.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:32 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 9 Arkham Movement
Graveyard.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3056666/]Horror check vs. Ghost (1d6=2)[/url]; Roland loses 2 Sanity. Roland fights the ghost check (-3) Pass, Roland kills Ghost 2 successs. roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3051579/
Roland, at his wits end, pulls out his bottle of Holy water and launches it at the ghost.

Stand next to this Holy Fire Mr.Hendrix.. You son of a b#tch!

The liquid hel-fire burns until there is nothing left of the ghost but castles made of sand....

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:50 am
by DSIGFUSS
Turn 9 Movement
French Hill - Miskatonic Un - Merchant District
ooc,Ursula evades the two Shoggoths. Spending 3 clue tokens to cast Voice of Ra successfully and then passsing her evade checks. I made the rolls and posted them but screw the post up somehow and lost it. Dang! ANyways. That's the truth and I'm stickin to it.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:37 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9 Movement, Library -> Miskatonic U.
ooc,Exhibit Mythos card: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3051891/]Lore check (1d6=3, 1d6=3, 1d6=5)[/url]; Mandy gains 1 Clue token. Reading Cultes des Goules: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3056654/]1=, 1=[/url], fail.
"Will madam try the lucky dip?"

The cardboard box has the Eye of Horus painted onto it. Laughing at the improbability of finding anything useful, Mandy's hand burrows into the straw.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:04 am
by Tabs
Turn 9 Arkham Encounter, Science Building
ooc,Patrice spends her gate trophy to R'lyeh and gains 2 Clue tokens.
The Science Building is empty. Patrice wanders up and down the linoleum corridors.

"Hello! Anyone here?"

She plucks up courage and tries to open a heavily studded door with the legend 'Electrical Experimentation' stencilled upon it. Patrice pushes at the door knob, it sticks, she pushes harder and the door is flung open with her still holding on. In the far corner of the room, and sat on the floor--hunched, facing the wall, a man in a white lab coat is beating furiously at something; Patrice almost has a decline when she imagines what the man is doing.

"For God's sake, what kind of vermin are you?"

The man swivels round on his buttocks: he is clasping a rubber hammer. He looks like a true doofus, complete with buck teeth.

"It was gonna blow--again--the hammer seems to work."

"Not very scientific? I'd have thought."

The doofus laughs and shrugs.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Look...sir, I have this fascinating goldbug; do you think the Science Building would tell me all about it?"

Patrice reaches into her skirt pocket. The doofus is shocked and alarmed, misinterpreting the words and action.

"Whoa tigress, now steady on!"

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:55 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 9 Arkham Encounter
Graveyard - General Store
ooc,Roland uses research materials to pass Luck (-2) check - Fail Spend 1 clue token - Fail Spend Clue Token 2 - Pass roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3055664// I forgot to add one clue token to Roland during Upkeep for having less than 2.

Roland moves to General Store and draws 3 cards.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:12 am
by Tabs
Turn 9 Arkham Encounter, Merchant District: no encounter.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:19 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 9 Other World Encounter
Abyss (2nd area)
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3057731/]Luck(-2) check to find a weapon in the Abyss (2d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] gains the first Weapon in the Common Items deck. Not that he needs it, but still cool to have.
Hank and his father wander through the eerie, faintly lit tunnel. Hank nearly trips over something lying on the ground. "Look, Pa!" he says. "I think it's a weapon!"

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:17 pm
by Tabs
Turn 9 Mythos
Charity Case! (Innsmouth)
Esoteric Order of Dagon, gate burst: R'lyeh.
Monsters: Cultist and Maniac.
Movement: Fire Vampire -> Miskatonic U. [Mandy has a lower Sneak than Ursula] and Ghoul -> Innsmouth Shore.
Clue Appears At: Devil Reef and Police Station.
Headline: The investigator with the lowest Sanity may move to Arkham Asylum and be delayed to restore his Sanity to its maximum. [Patrice]

Ruby Standish is strangled.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:23 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 10 Upkeep
General Store
ooc,Roland canges his Fight/ Will to 4/2 and takes one clue token
He buys the SABRE

Turn 10 Upkeep

Merchant District
ooc,Ursula makes no changes.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:11 am
by Tabs
Patrice spends 2 Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card.
Turn 10 Upkeep, Arkham Asylum, Lore <3 Luck >2.

Patrice wakes and stretches her arms, her body shudders with a delicious yawn; she emits a sound like a cross between a purr and a growl; her lips ride up at the corners and she repeats the stretch, milking it for every drop of pleasure. She opens her eyes, and is startled by the unfamiliar ceiling of a strange cell. And the room is a cell, there are even bars at the tiny window.

She leaps out of bed, and runs bare footed upon a concrete floor to the window, where she grasps the bars. Outside, an orange hued dust is swirled by an angry storm; Patrice thinks of the Sirocco wind which blows from the Sahara....

"Ahem."

Patrice whirls round in alarm and beholds an elderly doctor; the naked lightbulb reflects dazzlingly from his spectacles. She is conscious of the cotton shift she is wearing, the thin stuff barely covers her knees.

"My clothes, where are they?"

"Beside the bed, inside this cabinet."

"Where am I?"

"Arkham Asylum. Ms. Hathaway, you fainted at the Science Building."

"Did I?..."

"I am Dr. Oetker."

Patrice ignores the introduction and marches over to the cabinet. The doctor places a restraining hand upon her arm which she shakes off with irritation.

"There is so little time-- I need to get dressed--"

"Ms. Hathaway, you are not going anywhere. As your doctor, I will not allow it!"

Patrices pulls her jacket out from the cabinet, a fine sand sprinkles the concrete floor of the cell.

"Dust...."

Dr. Oetker is staring past her to the window.

"Yes. The local fisherfolk say that there is a storm over Innsmouth."

"Where's my violin?"

The door to the cell closes softly and its latch turns: the door is locked.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 10 Upkeep
Abyss (2nd area)
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] increases his Fight from 3 to 5 and decreases his Will from 2 to 0 (+1 from [b]Pa[/b]).
Hank frowns at the little gun he found. "This dinky thing?" he says, shrugging. "I like my shotgun better." He brandishes it, steeling himself for battle as he advances. "I have a bad feeling about this."

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:30 am
by DSIGFUSS
ooc - Sorry if I'm posting out of turn but only have time at work to post.... Now or never.

Turn 10 Upkeep, Merchant District, no changes.
Turn 10 Movement, Merchant District - Miskatonic University - Science Building.
ooc,Nothing but insane thoughts of misbegotten panties...

Turn 10 Movement
General Store - Rvertown - Merchant District - Miskatonic U.

Lore check to gain a Clue token from the Egypt Exhibit (1d6=5, 1d6=2, 1d6=5), :)
ooc,Roland battles the Fire Vampire (he has 6 dice) : Wasted him Wish I had time to post a description here... Roland

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:03 am
by Tabs
ooc: Rewind to before DSIG's movement post.
Turn 10 Upkeep, Miskatonic U., no changes.

Mandy browses the makeshift Egypt Exhibit. The supposed antiquities are displayed on paste tables which are covered by tarpaulin. Miskatonic University streets has the feel of a decrepit outdoor market. She examines various bandaged limbs that are moth eaten and, frankly, revolting. The vendor, a portly gentleman with kind eyes, spots her interest.

"That is one of King Tut's wives forearms; honestly, it is. Only $7."

"Um, I don't think so. My cat brought in something similar last week."

A head appears at the vendor's shoulder, swivels, and begins to suck on his neck. The head belongs to another man; she has never witnessed such an open display of homosexuality. The vendor's mouth opens and a stream of incandescence beams from the orifice, the head bursts. Mandy drops to the ground in terror and scrambles beneath the paste table. Shouts, screams, pandemonium; in between the fingers covering her face she sees many pairs of legs scattering in panic, like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

Turn 10 Movement, Arkham Asylum.

The door to the cell is unlocked.

"Ms. Hathaway, you have a visitor."

Patrice remains motionless upon the bed, she is facing the white tiles of the wall, with her knees drawn up to her chin. She turns her head to the visitor, it is a teenager in an ill-fitting houndstooth suit; he has a hesitant manner.

"I-- I brought this...."

He produces Patrice's violin from behind his back. "You dropped it at the Science Building."

"Oh! I thought I'd lost it. Thank you, Mr.?--"

"Dorian Minks Jr., at your service, madam."

"Patrice Hathaway, pleased to meet you, Dorian."

She frowns. "Just a moment, aren't you the laboratory technician from the Science Building?"

"Yes. It was I who called the asylum when you collapsed upon the floor."

"I suppose I ought to thank you for that, too."

"The asylum: this grubby room...it's pretty grim, isn't it?"

They laugh together. Patrice takes the violin and rests it upon her feet.

"Well, thank you once again, Dorian."

"Ms. Hathaway...."

"Ye-es."

"I was wondering-- I mean-- Would you like to go to dinner with me?"

"Ha! I'm old enough to be your m-- well, your older sister. But it is a charming request, all the same. I bet you only stopped wearing shorts last summer."

Dorian Minks is crestfallen--for a moment--and then smiles impishly.

"My friends tell me that older women--"

Patrice jumps up off the bed and points to the door.

"Get lost, creep!"

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:01 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 10 Movement
Abyss (2nd area)->Independence Square

Hank and his father are suddenly caught up in a swirl of bright light. When it fades, they find themselves back in Independence Square.

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:42 pm
by Tabs
Image Turn 10 Movement, Miskatonic U. -> Train Station. She could have continued to Innsmouth, but it's a dangerous place. Maybe, Hank can blaze a trail to the Esoteric Order? Also, she can give Hank some $s when he passes by the Train Station.

All is quiet....

Mandy--under the paste table, upon hands and knees--delicately reverses, until she bumps into--what? Her cow eyes see a black man, wearing a garish waistcoat.

"Shhhh! Keep still, woman."

Mandy mouths the words.

"Is it safe?"

The man slowly shakes his head. He squints through the gingham tablecloth, then he points forward and whispers.

"It's over there. Don't move."

She hesitates for a heartbeat...and bolts in the opposite direction; she cracks her forehead on the underside of the table, before emerging into the empty street like a rabbit from it's burrow with a terrier on its tail; and sprints, her eyelids closed, fists pumping and throat emitting a high pitched keening sound, akin to a screech. Mandy's legs tangle with something, she stumbles and crashes to the road; a huge, skinny rodent, like King Rat in a jacket and fez, bounds away, yelping.

The figure standing in front of Mandy beckons to her with a finger that has a tip of flame; she reads the gesture as, "I want you." She wets herself.

"Quick, sir, oi thinks dat dame is to be exploded!"

Roland Banks nods to Malone. He draws the Enchanted Knife and advances to confront the Fire Vampire....

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:53 am
by Tabs
Image Turn 10 Arkham Encounter, Arkham Asylum: "You are mistaken for an inmate. Doctor Mintz has the guards subdue you and conducts an experiment. Make a Will (-1) [2] check"--Patrice automatically fails--"to discover the results. ...If you fail, his memory drug fails miserably, resulting in lost knowledge...." Patrice discards her Luck skill.

She strums the strings of the violin like it is a miniature guitar, accompyaning the soft tones with a sweet hum, that Pattie learnt in the nursery as a child....

"My name is Dr. Mintz."

"When am I getting out of here?-- 'Minks,' you say? I met your lovely son earlier."

"My son died in infancy, Mrs. Knoop."

Dr. Mintz snaps his fingers, and three burley men, trundling a trolley before them, enter Patrice's cell. The doctor signals impatiently to the men. "Okay, do it, but watch her, she'll claw your eyes out!"

Rough hands seize her wrists and ankles, and begin to pull and tear at her clothing....

Patrice Hathaway, naked and lying face-down upon the trolley, the buckles of the leather belts pinching her flesh, cries outraged tears. Dr. Mintz pulls a sheet over her trembling body. "You have a 'potty mouth,' Mrs. Knoop, which is why we had to gag you.

"Take her to the basement!"

The trolley, with Patrice, has been pushed up to a corner of the basement; the room is lit brilliantly by an array of lightbulbs. She examines the black mould and the rising damp that is beading liquidly upon the wall. She cranes her neck, and sees a policeman and Dr. Mintz; the doctor is snapping latex gloves on and holding a jumbo suppository that he dunks in a jar of clear jelly. He hunkers down beside Patrice, "In ten minutes, bitch, you will confess to Deputy Digby where you hid the child's body."

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:17 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 10 Arkham Encounter
Independence Square
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3068807/]Fight check (Fight 5 - 2 [Abyss] = 3 dice) to close/seal the Gate to the Abyss at Independence Square (3d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] succeeds in closing the Gate to the Abyss. He spends 3 of his own Clue tokens and 2 from Patrice to seal the Gate. He takes the Gate trophy. Dark Young, Ghoul, and Formless Spawn are returned to the monster cup. I can also give [b]Mandy[/b] the Derringer when I see her.
"Now, son!" shouts Pa.

Hank furrows his brow, plants his feet on the ground, raises his arms, and concentrates on the swirling energy overhead. Gritting his teeth, he summons all of his strength. Gradually the whirlwind begins to dissipate until finally nothing is left. "I did it!" cheers Hank.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Turn 10 Arkham Encounter
Science Building.
ooc,Ursula trades her gate trophy for 2 clue tokens at the science building... No Encounter .

Turn 10 Arkham Encounter
Miskatonic U.
ooc,Roland has no encounter

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:29 pm
by Tabs
Image Turn 10 Arkham Encounter, Train Station: "On the loading dock you investigate a large crate with strange markings. Make a..." Sneak (-1) check (1d6=1); Mandy's "Research" ability, Sneak check (1d6=6), success! "...If you pass, you find a very unusual item in the crate. Gain 1 Unique Item [Elder Sign]. If you fail, Deputy Dingby catches you breaking it open...."

Mandy twists off the fawcett and replaces the tablet of soap; she wrings the fabric and hides her damp unmentionables in her shoulder bag. Exiting the "Ladies" washroom, she steps on to the platform as a steam locomotive is departing, and waits for the smoke to dissipate before searching for the bus terminal that will take her to Innsmouth.

When the atmosphere clears Mandy realises she is leaning against a crate with the Eye of Horus painted on to it.... A policeman and a conductor stroll past, they both seem very excited by something; she overhears a snippet of conversation.

"...the look on Mintz's face when he realised he'd made a mistake!"

"Oh, Dingby, you get the plum jobs...."

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:56 am
by Tabs
Turn 10 Mythos
Horror at Groundbreaking!
Historical Society, gate: The City of the Great Race.
Doom token added to the doom track (9 of 12).
Monsters: Servitor of the Outer Gods and Priest of Dagon.
Movement: Priest of Dagon -> Southside, Star Spawn -> French Hill, Deep One x2, Maniac and Cultist -> Church Green and Maniac -> Innsmouth Shore.
Clue Appears At: Silver Twilight Lodge.
Headline: An ancient stone is disturbed by the construction, releasing 2 monsters into the Miskatonic U. streets. [Mi-Go and Lloigor]

Patrice gains 1 +5 Clue tokens from her "Ominous Dreams" ability.
Richard Upton Pickman is strangled.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:31 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 11 Upkeep
Independence Square
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 2 Clue tokens from [b]Patrice[/b] to avoid drawing a Dust card. No changes.
"What do we do now, Pa?" asks Hank.

"I think it's time we get to the source of all this trouble," says Pa. "Those punks that grabbed me back when this all started wanted to ship me to Innsmouth. That's where we have to go to get to the bottom of all this."

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:59 am
by Tabs
Image Turn 11, Upkeep, Miskatonic U. No changes to skill sliders; Roland gains $1 from his "Expense Account" ability. Roland will combat the Lloigor, if he casts Wither he fights with 6d6.

Image Turn 11, Upkeep, Science Buiding. Speed >4 Sneak <1.

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:31 pm
by Tabs
Image Turn 11, Upkeep, Train Station. Speed >3 Sneak <3.

Image Turn 11, Upkeep, Arkham Asylum. No changes.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 11 Movement
Independence Square->Church Green
OOC,Don't forget to mark off the 2 Clues I spent from [b]Patrice[/b] to avoid drawing a Dust card and to indicate the Elder Sign and .18 Derringer on [b]Mandy[/b]'s sheet, and to remove the Map of Arkham. [b]Mandy[/b] can have the Powder of Ibn-Ghazi and the Healing Stone if she wants. I ended up not needing them, and she may where she's going. [b]Hank[/b] spends 5 movement points moving through the Train Station (spending $1 to go to Innsmouth) to Church Green. While in the Train Station, he gives his .18 Derringer to [b]Mandy[/b] and accepts $3 and the Map of Arkham from her in return, which he exhausts to gain the fifth movement point he needs. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3096030/]Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] + 1 [Maniac] = 10 dice) fighting the Maniac, Round 1 (10d6.hits(5)=4)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] defeats the Maniac and claims it as a trophy. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3096032/]Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] + 1 [Cultist] = 10 dice) fighting the Cultist, Round 1 (10d6.hits(5)=3)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] defeats the Cultist and claims it as a trophy. [b]Hank[/b] does not need to make an initial Horror check for the first Deep One. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3096036/]Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] 1 1 [Deep One] = 8 dice) fighting the first Deep One, Round 1, 6 counts as 2 hits (8d6.hits(5)=3)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] does not need to make an initial Horror check for the second Deep One. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3096039/]Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] 1 1 [Deep One] = 8 dice) fighting the second Deep One, Round 1, 6 counts as 2 hits (8d6.hits(5)=3)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] does not need to make an initial Horror check for the Ghost. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3096043/]Combat check (Fight 5 - 3 [Ghost] = 2 dice) fighting the Ghost (2d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] defeats the Ghost and claims it as a trophy. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3096044/]Evade check (Sneak 3 + 0 [Church Green] = 3 dice) to avoid being arrested (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] is not arrested. Phew! :D
Hank and his father walk to the Train Station in Northside. Near the railroad platform is an old, decrepit bus that is parked, waiting to take on passengers. The driver is equally decrepit, with scaly skin and a horrible fishy smell that reminds Hank of the guys that had been trying to kill him. The passengers have similar appearances and odors.

"That's Joe Sargent's bus," says Pa. "It goes back and forth to Innsmouth every day. Since the railroad doesn't go there, we can't take the train. It has to be the bus." He and his son board the bus and sit down. As they wait for it to get underway, a lovely young lady with auburn hair also gets on the bus and sits across the aisle from Hank and his father.

"Hi," says Hank, grinning like an imbecile. "My name is Hank Samson. This is Pa. He's my Pa. Gosh, you're pretty." He fumbles through his belongings, looking for something that would make a suitable gift for her, and he comes across the derringer he had found in that strange, dark place. Girls like guns, right? he thinks. Of course they do! Everyone likes guns. "I've got something for you." He offers it to her.

"Good thinking, son," says Pa, nodding sagely. "Innsmouth is a very dangerous place, especially for a young woman by herself."

Mandy introduces herself and accepts the small pistol, but she doesn't feel right about taking it without giving back anything in return, so she gives him a map and a few dollars in exchange. They talk during the long, bumpy ride to Innsmouth. Finally, the bus reaches its destination and everyone disembarks. "See you around, Mandy!" calls Hank. He unfolds his new map and, with his father's help, begins navigating through the Innsmouth streets. The buildings here are in terrible shape, with some of them even falling apart. Most of the people here look and smell like the bus driver and most of the passengers. They watch him and his father carefully. The few normal people try to stay out of sight.

"Pa, I'm in love with Mandy," says Hank, still thinking about her. "She's so nice and pretty and smart. One day I'm gonna marry her."

"No, son," corrects Pa. "I'm going to marry her."

Hank scratches his head. "Don't be silly, Pa! You can't marry Mandy. What would Ma say?"

Pa rolls his eyes and sighs. "You're right, son. Looks like you're going to marry her after all."

Before long Hank and his father reach a large green square overrun with weeds in front of a huge, crumbling church. But instead of Christian symbols, this one has all sorts of weird carvings covering its surface. There is an alley next to it where four shadowy figures lurk, keeping their eyes on the square. One of them carries an axe and has a nasty glint in his eye, one wears a black hooded robe that conceals his face, and two look incredibly ugly, covered with scales and reeking of rotten seafood. They look like fish or frogs that are somehow walking around, or rather shuffling and hopping. These really ugly guys are like that one that tried to kill us earlier, thinks Hank. The four of them are speaking to each other in hushed tones, but Hank can overhear them.

"It's that farmer from Arkham and his idiot son," whispers the man in the robe to the others.

"Ignore them," replies one of the fishmen with a burbling voice. "They are not a significant threat. The real danger is the girl. Joe Sargent just told me that she came here from Arkham on his bus, and she has the sigil. She must have stolen it from where we had stored it at the train station. Do you realize what this means? The gate that we opened to R'lyeh at the Esoteric Order of Dagon is the only link that Quachil Uttaus has to this world. If we had not created it when we had, he would have been cut off entirely and Mother Hydra's plans would have been thwarted. She has obviously come here to seal the gate and banish the Treader of the Dust. If she succeeds, all is lost. We must stop her at all costs. She must come this way, and when she does, we shall take her by surprise."

"What do we do with her when we've got her?"

The fishman gives a wide grin with far too many teeth. "Anything we want."

"I can't wait to get my claws on her," croaks the other fishman.

"I hope she screams," cackles the axe-wielding man. "I like it when they scream."

Hank gasps. "They must be talking about Mandy!" he hisses to his father. He knows that Mandy would never stand a chance against all of these ruffians together, not even with the derringer he had given her. She would easily have fallen prey to their wicked schemes. "Oh, no! Those meanies are planning to hurt her. We can't let them." He racks his shotgun. "Time to be a hero!" He steps into the mouth of the alley and lets loose with his first barrel, obliterating the man with the axe. Before anyone can react, he fires the second barrel and blows away the man in the robe.

"Not a significant threat, huh?" says the second fishman to the first. Both of them rush Hank while he hastily breaks open his shotgun and reloads. He manages to finish before they reach him and guns down first one and then the other.

Before he has a chance to relax, a semitransparent spectral figure rises from the corpse of the robed man. "Ooooooo!" it moans.

"Hey, no fair!" complains Hank. "I killed you! You're s'poseda be dead!" He bashes the spirit with his empty shotgun before it can finish coalescing, and it disperses into wisps that trail off and vanish. He shrugs and reloads again.

"That was a ghost," says Pa.

"It was? I ain't afraid of no ghost."

"I'm not afraid of any ghost."

"I didn't think you were, Pa."

"Come on, son, we'd better hide. Someone will have heard those shots, and the cops will be here soon."

Hank and his father duck into the alley. Shortly afterwards, they see Mandy walking down the street, blissfully unaware of the horrible fate that had awaited her. Hank peeks out and waves. "Hi, Mandy!" he calls.

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:56 pm
by Tabs

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:40 am
by Tabs
Image Turn 11, Movement, Science Building -> Historical Society. Ursula spends 4 movement points. As she passes by Roland she takes Mists of Releh to help evade the bad guys.... Evade check vs. Priest of Dagon (Clue token spend) (1d6=6), success. Spell check to cast Mists of Releh (to evade Servitor of the Outer Gods) (1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=5), success.

Image Turn 11, Movement, Train Station -> Esoteric Order of Dagon. Mandy spends 3 movement points. She trades several items with Hank.

On Joe Sargent's bus, "Hi," says Hank...-

"Hello, Pa Sampson, and you too, sonny."

Mandy reaches across the aisle and ruffles Hank's hair; it is only as she does so that Mandy realises Hank is much older than she thought; awkwardly, she puts her hand inside her jacket pocket.

"Um, excuse me."

Church Green, "Hi, Mandy," says Hank-

Mandy sketches a wave at the two farmers. She looks up at the forbidding facade of the Esoteric Order of Dagon and frowns: she really doesn't want to go inside. Mandy sniffs in a distracted kind of way.

"Is there a butcher shop nearby?"

Image Turn 11, Movement, Arkham Asylum -> Police Station. Patrice spends 3 movement points. She picks up the Clue token at the Police Station.

"I wish to press charges against the directors of Arkham Asylum, namely: false imprisonment, mistaken identity, assault, torture..."

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 11 Arkham Encounter
Church Green
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] has no Encounter.
"Butcher shop?" asks Hank confused. He checks his map.

"No, son," says Pa. "I think she's referring to the smell." He sniffs the air. "Of course, it also smells like rotten fish."

"There were these really mean guys," Hank tells Mandy. "They were waiting here for you. They were going to hurt you, but I stopped them. Oh, and I have more presents for you!" He hands her the strange stone he has always carried. It means a lot to him, and he hopes that she'll appreciate it. It's very pretty, just like her. He also gives her that bag of strange powder he had found after one of his earlier battles. "Please be careful, Mandy. I'm worried about you." Hank's eyes start to water as she enters the strange, decaying church.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 pm
by Tabs
Image Turn 11, Arkham Encounter, Police Station: "If you succeed at a Luck (-1) check, then Deputy Dingby absentmindedly...." Luck check to take .38 Revolver (1d6=2)

"Madam, slow down. Arkham Asylum, you say?"

Patrice pauses, takes a breath, and performs an impatient shuffle with her feet. She detects a faint smirk upon the police officer's face.

"You!"

Image Turn 11, Other World Encounter, City of the Great Race: "The odd plant has you in its clutches. Pass a Fight (-1) check to break free...." Fight check vs. plant (1d6=6, 1d6=1, 1d6=6).

Image Turn 11, Other World Encounter, R'lyeh: "The stink of this place is unbearable. Pass a Will (-1) check...." Will check vs. unbearable stink (1d6=5, 1d6=3, 1d6=5, 1d6=3).

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:21 am
by Tabs
Turn 11, Mythos: The Streets are Flooded.
Devil Reef, gate: The Abyss.
Doom token added to Quachil Uttaus' doom track (10 of 12).
Monsters: Cultist and Fire Vampire.
Movement: (Devil Reef) Cultist -> vortex [Deep One Rising token added to track (3 of 6) and Terror Level increased (1) and Tom Murphy leaves town], Fire Vampire -> Sky, Maniac -> Joe Sargent's Bus Service, Priest of Dagon -> Miskatonic U., Servitor of the Outer Gods -> Sky, Shoggoth x2 -> Uptown and Star Spawn -> Rivertown.
Environment: All street areas are also aquatic locations while this card remains in play.
Patrice gains a Clue token from her "Ominous Dreams" ability.
Professor Armitage is strangled.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:38 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 12 Upkeep
Miskatonic U.
ooc,Roland is going to lower his Fight to 2 and raise his will to 4 in preparation to handle the fight with the priest of dogan.
ooc - Oops.. Roland spends 1 clue token and borrows one clue token to avoid drawing a dust card. He then gets one clue token during his upkeep phase...

Roland lights a cigarette and watches warily as a robed figure moves down the Miskatonic streets with an eerie calm.

Roland looks to his partner Malone and thumbs the knife in his pocket. Malone takes a few steps to stand in front of Roland and hen turns back..

Your knife won't help you against this one sir. He knows too much...

Roland tips his fedora and pulls out his revolver. He takes a deep breath...

Don't matter how much he knows about this Malone.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:51 pm
by Tabs
Image Turn 12, Upkeep, The Abyss. Speed <2 Sneak >3.

Image Turn 12, Upkeep, R'lyeh. Lore <2 Luck >2.

Image Turn 12, Upkeep, Police Station. Speed >4 Sneak <1.

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 12 Upkeep
Church Green
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 2 Clue tokens from [b]Patrice[/b] to place them on the Feds Raid Arkham Track (yellow). He lowers his Speed from 4 to 2 and increases his Sneak from 2 to 4.
"I miss her already," said Hank. "Do you think she'll be okay?"

"She's a smart girl," said Pa. "And with everything you've given her, she can take care of herself." The faint sound of sirens could be heard in the distance. "Come on, we'd better get out of here before the cops show up."

"But...the cops are the good guys."

"Not here they're not. Let's slip away."

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:42 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 12 Movement
Miskatonic U.
ooc,Roland's horror check. – pass (1, 6) roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3110780/ Roland attacks asshole.. Pass 3 successes ROLL: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3110785/ .
Roland stares blankly at nothing in particular as the robed figure approaches. His pistol to his side he draws his cavalry saber and waits… Like a crazed ostrich, the priest attacks whirling about with sickles and industrial strength ceremonial art and crafts..

Roland holds his ground until the Priest of Drogan is just a few feet away. The private detective point his pistol and drops the priest to the sidewalk of the Miskatonic University like a day old bagel.

Roland spits and winks at the monkey.

What were you saying Malone?

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:59 pm
by Tabs
Image Turn 12, Movement: The Abyss (1st area) -> (2nd area).

Image Turn 12, Movement: R'lyeh (1st area) -> (2nd area).

Image Turn 12, Movement: Police Station.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 12 Movement
Church Green->Joe Sargent's Bus Service
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 1 movement point moving from Church Green to Joe Sargent's Bus Service. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3112490/]Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] + 1 [Maniac] = 10 dice) against Maniac, Round 1 (10d6.hits(5)=5)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] defeats Maniac and claims it as a trophy. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3112491/]Evade check to avoid being arrested (5d6.hits(5)=2)[/url].
Hank and his father return to the bus stop where they had arrived in Innsmouth. When they got there, a crazed-looking man with an axe was waiting for them.

"Wait a minute!" said Hank. "Didn't I kill you already?"

"What?!" said the man.

"That wasn't him," said Pa.

"Sure looked like him, Pa," said Hank.

"You killed my brother!" shrieked the madman, rushing forward with the axe. Hank raised his shotgun and blew him away.

"Come on, son," said Pa. "Let's get out of here. Luckily the cops are busy back at the church."

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:17 pm
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 12 Upkeep
Miskatonic U.

What about the monkey sir!

Roland bends down on one knee. The monkey crawls up his back and onto his shoulder chirping with delight..

The monkey’s mine now Malone… To hell with this town!

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:00 am
by Tabs
Image Turn 12, Arkham Encounter, Police Station: "Sheriff Engle eyes you suspiciosly. 'Hey, you were part of that trouble earlier.' Pay him $3 or spend the next turn delayed answering his questions." Patrice pays the $3.

Sheriff Engle pulls out the soft chair for Patrice to sit upon.

"Now then, Ms. Hathaway, my deputy tells me that you are making some serious allegations against Arkham Asylum."

"Yes, that is correct."

"Would you mind telling me about them?"

Patrice launches into a breathless recounting of her tribulations at the asylum. When she describes the outrage which she underwent in the basement Sheriff Engle shifts uncomfortably on his seat. Before the tale is told, Patrice breaks down and sobs silently as if she has surrendered to an ultimate humiliation, rather than been a victim; in between sobs she gulps huge intakes of air.

"Where were you when I needed you?..where were you?"

"Ms. Hathaway, to whom are you referring?"

Patrice does not reply, she simply stares into her palms. Sheriff Engle stands and motions to a new recruit through the plate glass of his office, the recruit is stood idly beside the water fountain; the signal clearly says, "Come here, now!" The recruit opens the office door.

"Sir?"

"I would like you to conduct Ms. Hathaway to an interview room, fetch her a cup of tea, handkerchief, whatever; and report back to me when she has collected herself."

In the interview room Patrice falls upon the recruits chest and bedews the lapel of his serge uniform. He strokes Patrice's blond waves and pats her back. She bubbles her gratitude.

"Thank you, Dorian.

"...These last two weeks have been the worst of my entire life...unbelievable things have happened...incredible.... And throughout, there has been an all-pervading drain on my, my inspiration."

Officer Dorian Minks is content to carress the lady's hair.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:26 pm
by Tabs
Image Turn 12, Other World Encounter, The Abyss: "Pass a Speed (-1) check to avoid a monstrous mass. If you fail you are lost in time and space." Speed check (1d6=4), Mandy's "Research" ability (1d6=2), 1st Clue token (1d6=5), success. [OWE should be at City of the Great Race, oh well.]

Image Turn 12, Other World Encounter, R'lyeh: "You become tangled in the damp seaweed. Pass a Luck (-1) check to pull free before something finds you while you're helpless...." Luck check (1d6=2), 1st Clue token (1d6=3), 2nd Clue token (1d6=4), 3rd Clue token (1d6=3), 4th Clue token (1d6=5), success at last.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:00 pm
by Tabs
Turn 12, Mythos: Gathering Storm!
Devil Reef already has a gate.
Monster Surge: R'lyeh: Hound of Tindalos and Ghoul, The Abyss: Zombie and The City of the Great Race: Shoggoth and Star Spawn.
Movement: Star Spawn -> Easttown, Star Sawn -> Southside and Zombie -> vortex [Terror Level increased (2 of 10) and token added to Deep One Rising Track (4 of 6) and Ryan Dean leaves town].
Headline: The situation in Innsmouth continues to worsen. Add one uprising token to the Deep One Rising track (5 of 6).
Duke (the dog) is strangled!
BTW, if Hank hadn't have rubbed out the Maniac this turn, it would have moved and entered a vortex; the Deep Ones Rising track would then be 6 of 6, and Quachil Uttaus awakes!--spelling certain death for all.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 am
by Tabs
Image Ursula spends 2 Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card.
Turn 13, Upkeep, City of the Great Race (2nd area). No changes.

Image Turn 13, Upkeep, R'lyeh (2nd area). No changes.

Image Turn 13, Upkeep, Police Station. No changes.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:40 am
by Mr. Handy
Turn 13 Upkeep
Joe Sargent's Bus Service
OOC,No changes.
"How come the streets are all watery?" asks Hank. "They're like little rivers."

"Something's up," said Pa. "That's for sure. Those fishmen must be behind it. They're planning something big. Miss Thompson is the only one who can upset their plans now. But even after that, someone needs to clean this filthy town out. We've accumulated some evidence, but we're going to need more to get anyone to take action. This is bigger than anything we can handle ourselves."

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:48 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 13 Upkeep
Miskatonic U.
ooc,Roland collects 1 clue token for Upkeep. he makes no changes
Roland looks up to the night sky And sighs…

There’s a cold wind comin’ Malone.. I think we’re done here.

Very Good sir..

You can clock out early Malone.. I’m heading back to the station. I got a ton a paperwork to fill out. The state boys are gonna think I’m a bloody crack pot!

What about the monkey sir!

Roland bends down on one knee. The monkey crawls up his back and onto his shoulder chirping with delight..

The monkey’s mine now Malone… To hell with this town!

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 am
by Tabs
Image Turn 13, Movement: City of the Great Race (2nd area) -> Historical Society. Ursula gains an explored token and chooses not to fight the Shoggoth.

Image Turn 13, Movement: R'lyeh (2nd area) -> Esoteric Order of Dagon. Mandy gains an explored token and chooses not to fight the Hound of Tindalos and the Ghoul.

Image Turn 13, Movement: Police Station.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
Turn 13 Movement
Joe Sargent's Bus Service->First National Grocery
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 3 movement points moving from Joe Sargent's Bus Service to First National Grocery, exhausting Map of Arkham to gain an extra point. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3119506/]Evade check (Sneak 5 + 1 [First National Grocery] = 6 dice) to avoid arrest (6d6.hits(5)=3)[/url].
Hank and his father make their way through the flooded streets of Innsmouth and soon arrive at the First National Grocery, a delapidated store. Using their map, they are able to find it quickly.

"We can probably get more information here," says Pa.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:18 am
by DSIGFUSS

Turn 13 Movement
Miskatonic U. to Down Town to East town to Police Station
ooc,Roland evades the Star Spawn.. rolled a 6, 2 spending last two clue tokensROLL - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3121429/
Roland walks slowly down the streets of Arkham and reflects on the horror he'd experienced this dark and terrible night. His thoughts so inwardlty turned, he failed to notice the massive Star Spawn rampaging through the East town plaza. As if the creature never exitsted, Roland continued on to the Police Station, the words for his resignation floating on the tip of his tongue and the theme song to the 1970s Incredible Hulk television program playing softly in his head from across the epic void of time.

He whistled the song as he walked.

Do Do Dee Doooo
Do Do Dee Doooo......

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:27 am
by Tabs
Image Turn 13, Arkham Encounter, Historical Society. Fight check to close gate (1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=5, 1d6=5), success. Gate to City of the Great Race taken as a trophy.

Image Turn 13, Arkham Encounter, Esoteric Order of Dagon. Mandy uses the Elder Sign card to seal the gate to R'lyeh (losing 1 Stamina and 1 Sanity), placing an elder sign token on the board. In addition, 1 doom token is removed from the Ancient One's doom track. Gate to R'lyeh taken as a trophy.

Victory! Seal the Gates: "If, at any time, there are six, or more, elder sign tokens on the board, the players immediately win. The Ancient One is driven away and peace returns to Arkham."

Mandy descends the steps outside the Esoteric Order of Dagon and claps her hands together: a job well done.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:52 pm
by Tabs

Under the porch of the Police Station Patrice Hathaway and Dorian Minks watch the raindrops patter upon the sidewalk of the Easttown streets.

"Dorian, I've always found it to be soothing: the rain."

"Yes, but only if I'm dry and the world outside is wet."

"But of course."

They laugh together, as they did in the asylum. Dorian catches sight of the glint of silver round Patrice's neck. On an impulse he lifts the chain and a locket slides out of Patrice's blouse: the metal is warm to his touch; Dorian's hand begins to tremble as he reads its inscription.

"'Amor Vincit Omnia'--love beats everything."

"Oh, well done, sir! Your Latin master would be proud. I prefer: love conquers all; take your pick."

Patrice takes the locket and drops it back inside her blouse. Dorian blushes and stammers.

"I-- I'm sorry, Ms. Hathaway. Please forgive my impertinence."

"It is of no account."

"...I like your translation the best."

"It is the only thing, don't you think, Dorian?"

"Ms. Hathaway?"

"Love, I mean."

"Yes, love is all."

Patrice murmurs.

"When thou be amongst people make love: the beginning and end of all things."

"Beautiful."

Patrice stretches upwards to chastely peck Dorian on his cheek; he turns his head and their noses touch, only allowing their lips to brush against each other. Patrice sinks down, beaming at the brass buttons on Dorian's uniform.

"Delphine's, at eight o'clock?"

Dorian bows his assent. Patrice covers her head with today's edition of the Arkham Advertiser and runs out of the porch and into the rain. The rain has become a downpour of monsoon proportions, with the slate grey clouds rolling and tumbling. She shelters beneath a lintel just as a roar of thunder echoes down from the heavens and the rain turns into hard driven hail; the hail bounces several feet where it strikes the sidewalk.

Sunbeams break through and filter down over Easttown, the warmth melts the hail: the liquid wrath disappears into the gutter where it belongs. Arkham had been scoured, but is now clean, and a brand new day has begun. Patrice hums "My Blue Heaven."