Innsmouth Horror (ic)

The sleepy seaside town of Innsmouth harbors a dark secret. The diabolical Deep Ones have infiltrated and taken over, led by the Marsh family. With the aid of Mother Hydra, they plan to bring forth Quachil Uttaus, which will spell doom for us all unless a small band of unlikely heroes can uncover and thwart their schemes.

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: Innsmouth Horror (ic)

Post by Tabs »

Turn 7 Arkham Encounter
Devil Reef: "Horrible man-shaped forms in the water are making a trade with the dark figures standing on the reef. You may attempt a Fight (-1) check...."
ooc: Fight check not attempted--too risky because Silas only has 2 Stamina.

Silas slaps the kayak's paddle upon the waves, and sees the man-shaped forms dart away into the depths, like squid propelled by a jet of water.

Turn 7 Arkham Encounter
Black Cave: "In the darkness you happen upon the remains of a previous spelunker. Make a Luck (+0) check:" Luck check (1d6=1)
"Successes: 0) The body begins to bloat and splits open, releasing the horror within. Lose 1 Sanity and a monster appears!"
ooc: Hound of Tindalos. Patrice uses the "Silver Key" to pass an Evade check.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 7 Arkham Encounter
The Witch House

ooc: Fight check (close gate to Another Dimension) (1d6=3, 1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=6). Spend 5 Clue tokens to seal the gate.

Turn 7 Other World Encounter
Celeano: "The shrunken old man smiles toothlessly and offers you a choice of two gifts--either a gilded book or small box." Book: 1-3 or box: 4-6 (1d6=3). "Draw 3 spells, plus 1 additional Spell for each Clue token you spend. Keep 1 Spell of your choice."
ooc: Spend 1 Clue token to draw 4 Spells; Spell chosen: Wither.

Turn 7 Mythos
The Southside Strangler Strikes
Independence Square, gate: The Abyss.
Doom token added to the doom track (8).
Monsters: Warlock & Formless Spawn[Outskirts].
Movement: Fire Vampire -> Sky and Ghoul -> Factory District.
Rumor: Return one Ally to the box at the end of every Mythos Phase. Pass: If a player discards 5 Clue tokens at Ma's. Fail: If there are no Allies remaining.

Patrice gains a Clue token from her "Ominous Dreams" ability.

Silas spends 2 Clue tokens (from Patrice) so as not to draw a Dust card.
Turn 8 Upkeep
Devil Reef

ooc: No changes.

Turn 8 Upkeep
Black Cave

ooc: Lore <3 Luck >2. Patrice intends to pick up the Clue token at the Unvisited Isle.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 8 Upkeep
Uptown streets
OOC,No changes. Good call sending [b]Patrice[/b] after that Clue. I'm going to Independence Square and the Abyss, and I'll get 2 Clues from the Warlock. Between me, [b]Roland[/b], and [b]Silas[/b], we can seal those last three Gates. We can ignore the Rumor, as it won't affect us until after the game is over, but if another Gate opens then [b]Patrice[/b] gains 5 Clues and can deal with it.
Hank reloads his shotgun again. "Let's get out of here, Pa," he says.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 8 Upkeep
Celeano

ooc: Lore >4 Luck <1. Roland gains 1 Clue token from his "Intuitive" ability.

Turn 8 Upkeep
The Witch House

ooc: Speed <2 Sneak >3.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 8 Movement
Devil Reef -> Y'ha-nthlei
ooc,Silas picks up the 3 Clue tokens.
Sat in his kayak above Devil Reef, Silas retches and spits into the sea, he leans forward, his face close to the water, breathing slowly, taking a moment to collect his thoughts; but he has only one thought: he feels terrible.

Circles caused by raindrops radiate upon the water's surface. Silas looks up into the cloudless sky and ponders with his dull mind the significance of the peculiar atmospheric effect. Puzzled, he again looks down at the circles and realizes that they are not radiating but shrinking: ever decreasing circles; there is a disturbance beneath the sea. The water appears to boil, and it darkens, a mass of the squid shape creatures--who Silas frightened away before--have returned and are thrashing round the kayak. Silas lays about him with the kayak's paddle, smacking at the squid; but there is too many of them and now they do not shoot away into the depths. A glistening rope or a slimy arm, wraps round the kayak's nose--and twists--pitching Silas into the water. And like all good sailors, he cannot swim.

He sinks beneath the waves, not even attempting to rise above the surface: he's had enough and commits himself to the end; Silas manages to smile--more of a pathetic grimace--"Dissolution--food for the sea creatures."

His lips, and then teeth, are prised apart, and somthing vile is rammed down his throat; it scrapes and burns; he begins to gag, but stops: he can breathe. Silas opens his eyes.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 8 Movement
Black Cave -> Unvisited Isle

ooc: Patrice picks up the Clue token.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 8 Movement
Uptown streets->Independence Square
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 4 movement points to go to Independence Square. He does not need to make an initial Horror check against Warlock. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3025421/]Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] - 3 [Warlock]) fighting Warlock, Round 1 (6 counts as 2 hits) (6d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] automatically fails the Horror check and loses 1 Sanity. [b]Hank[/b] discards Food to avoid taking 1 damage. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3048677/]Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] - 3 [Warlock]) fighting Warlock, Round 2 (6 counts as 2 hits) (6d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]. The sixes each count as 2 hits for a total of 4 damage, so Warlock is defeated and returned to the monster cup, since it is Endless.
Pa nods. "Good thinking, son," he says.

"But where do we go?" asks Hank.

Pa consults the old journals. "According to this, several ley lines intersect at Independence Square. Whatever is going on, the source of it may be there."

Hank and his father walk through town to reach Independence Square. When they get there, they find a man with cruel features raising his hands to the sky, where winds are swirling and buffeting everything around.

"Hey, mister!" calls Hank. "Whatcha doin'?"

The man turns to face them. "I am opening the way for Quachil Uttaus!" he exults. "Soon he will tread the dust of the earth, and all will die except for me. Because of my bargain, Quachil Uttaus has granted me immortality. And now that have told you my plan...you must die! Any last words?"

"Um, immort-what?"

"It means I cannot die."

"Really?" Hank points his shotgun at the man and pulls the trigger.

The wizard reels with the impact, but remains on his feet and points a finger at Hank. "Yes, really!" Lightning streaks out and strikes Hank in the chest, but he shrugs off the blow.

"But I shot you!" Hank is a little disturbed. "You're s'poseda die!" Not knowing what else to do, he fires his second barrel. The man gets a face full of buckshot and drops like a rock. "Guess he was wrong." With the battle over, Hank chows down on the bag lunch he had brought with him and reloads his shotgun again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 8 Movement
Hall of Celano (2) > Graveyard.
ooc,Roland moves to Graveyard .
Roland steps through the gate and back into the graveyard. He breathes a sigh of relief and chucks Malone on the shoulder.

Gald to be back Malone?

Yes Sir!

I see the damned monkey survived the trip.

Unfortunately Sir! And it seened someone else followed us through...

Roland looks more carefully through the thick night air only a graveyard could provide and spots a vaporous black man with an aphro and a guitar staring menacingly in his direction.

I beleive that's Mr. Hendrix sir!

I'll be damned! You think he wants his gun back? Cuz that's not happening Malone! he can have the monkey Malone before I give him back his gun! I swear to god Malone! No bloody way!
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 8 Movement
Witch House to French Hill to Rivertown.
ooc,Ursula tries to sneak past the Dark Spawn. She casts Voice of Ra giving her +1 to all skill checks. She rolls 6, 6. Pass. Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3030483/ Ursula then tries to sneak past the Dark Spawn. She rolls a 5,6. Pass Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3030641/ Then Ursula tries to sneak past the Star Demon or whatever… She rolls a 4, 1 5. Pass Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3030644/ Ursula then tries to sneak past the Shoggoth She rolls a 2, 6, 2. Pass Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3030697/ Ursula then tries to sneak past the 2nd Shoggoth . She rolls a 5, 6, 1 Pass Roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3030701/ Whew!!!

The fear in Ursula's heart nearly knocks her over as she was suddenly confronted in the real world by the massive hulking shapes of the Star Spawn and a Dark Young. If panties had feelings, both pairs Ursula was wearing would be scared silly. She stared in horror at the two creatures wondering what insane circumstances copuld have brought these two demons together. What sort of sick and twisted tea party was the witch throwing and in whose snake god's honor was she throwing it?

Nuts to this!!

Ursula runs for it.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Y'ha-nthlei: "You find a curious doorway. If you pass through it, move to the Esoteric Order of Dagon and have an encounter there." Silas stays at Y'ha-nthlei.

He falls beneath the sea, admiring the refracting sunbeams which strike out at obtuse angles where they touch the water's surface. Silas' feet sink gently into the sand of the seabed, and his descent comes to a halt. He finds himself amidst a vast underwater city: sweeping arches; high, cone-shaped columns; and myriad phosphorescent fires.

Walking becomes a series of awkward jumps where he hovers in between steps and glides along over several "land" paces; he perseveres, and finds himself before a doorway.

Looking through the doorway Silas sees a table made from a scarlet veined marble, and atop it a crying infant; the altar is surrounded by a braying crowd of cowled figures.

A tug on his sleeve and a warbling voice over his shoulder.

"You are not ready to go inside. Stay here, with us, a while longer."

Silas turns, and beholds a fish headed monstrosity with rubber lips and huge lidless eyes. "Stay a while, son."

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Unvisited Isle (Innsmouth): "Walking into a clearing, you feel that you are the centre of a web of enormous magical energy. You may return one gate marker in play...." Patrice decides not to--unbelievably, there are only three gates in play, and the investigators need them open, so that the gates can be sealed.

"Stop right there, young man. Why are you not in school?"

"Dunno, miss."

"What is your name?"

"James Blake, miss: my friends call me 'Jimbo.' And what's yours?"

"Cheeky! I am Ms. Hathaway-- My friends call me 'Patty.' Tell me, Jimbo, what is that you are holding?"

Jimbo holds out a pebble covered in scratches.

"This is my 'chalk'--I use it to draw with...and what is that you're holding?"

"Why, Jimbo, it is a violin case. Have you not seen one before?"

"A violin...will you play somethin for me, Patty?..."

"Ha! but how could I resist such an invitation?"

"Please, Patty, please."

Patrice unbuckles the case and takes out her violin; her audience hunkers down to await the performance, a look of rapt attention upon his face. She begins by plucking at the strings--just so as to tease the little boy--and then she brushes the bow upon the violin in a majestic sweep. The sound is beautiful, and the double stopping is perfection itself: it is the most exquisite music Patrice will ever play.

"Patty, that was wonderful, like thoughts inside a dream."

"Gosh! Jimbo, how eloquent. Thank you."

The boy brings his knees together, a look of concentration upon his face. Jimbo farts: loudly and for a long time. Patrice attempts to hold on to her elation and her smile.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Independence Square->Abyss (1st area)
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] is pulled through the Gate to the first area of the Abyss.
"Nice shooting, son," says Pa.

"Thanks, Pa," says Hank. "Now what?"

"Now we have to find a way to close that thing." Pa points up at the swirling vortex above them, which is spinning faster. The winds are picking up and getting more violent.

Before either of them could do anything more, they are swept off their feet and sucked up into the air. "Help, Pa!" cries Hank. "I'm falling up!" Both of them are pulled into the portal, and no trace of them remains.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 8 Arkham Encounter
Graveyard.
ooc,Roland closes and seals the gate borrowing one clue token from Patrice. Roland makes a lore check (-1) Pass roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3038567/ .
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Mon May 23, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 9 Movement
French Hill
ooc,Ursula attempts to evade the two Shoggoths.She will first cast her voice of Ra Spell. roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3051593/ - Fail Spends her last 3 clue tokens to finally pass. giving her +1 on all skill checks. Ursula then tries to Evade Shoggoth 1. roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3051597/ - Pass Ursuala then tries to Evade Shoggoth 2 roll:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3051597/2 Passes
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 8 Other World Encounter
Abyss (1st area)
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3041004/]Luck(-2) check to avoid getting lost in the dark Abyss (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3041005/]Spending one Clue token to get an extra die on the Luck roll (1d6.hits(5)=1)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] succeeds. May he borrow that Clue from [b]Patrice[/b]?
Hank and his father find themselves in complete darkness. "Pa?" he asks.

"I'm over here, son," calls Pa.

"Where? I can't see a thing!" He feels his way around the darkness. "Marco!"

"Polo!"

Eventually, through the technique of Marco Polo, Hank and his father are able to find each other in the stygian void. Reunited, they stumble their way onwards and soon find a faint light ahead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[quote]May [Hank] borrow that Clue from [b]Patrice[/b]?[/quote] Of course! Now, Patrice has 2 Clue tokens remaining. Thanks to Roland, the investigators have sealed 4 gates; Silas will complete his personal story Turn 9 Upkeep, so that will be 5 gates sealed; the game will be won if Hank can return from The Abyss and seal the 6th gate!

Turn 8 Mythos
Egyptian Exhibit Visits Miskatonic U.
The Witch House is sealed by an Elder Sign.
One token added to the Deep One's Rising Track (2 of 6).
Movement: Maniac and Deep One -> Factory District, Deep One -> Factory District, Star Spawn -> French Hill.
Clue Appears At: Black Cave.
Environment: Any investigator who ends his movement in the Miskatonic U. streets may pass a Lore (-1) check to gain 1 Clue token by reading the strange hieroglyphics on the artifacts in the exhibit.

The Southside Strangler Strikes Rumor: Anna Kaslow leaves Arkham.

"'For some reason, that night my dreams were quiet and undisturbed. Perhaps my unseen stalker had moved on to some other poor soul.' Shuffle this card and discards back into the second dust deck. Do not pass the first player token this turn."
Turn 9 Upkeep
Unvisited Isle
ooc: No changes. Patrice will check out the Egyptian Exhibit in the Miskatonic U. streets.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 9 Upkeep
Abyss (1st area)
OOC,Are you sure it's wise to blow your Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card? I may need them to seal the Gate if I have to spend some on my next Encounter or roll badly trying to close it. You also don't need to go to the exhibit, as you can go to the Black Cave and be guaranteed to get at least one Clue rather than having to roll just for a chance to get one. Oh, and [b]Anna Koslow[/b] didn't leave town. The Southside Strangler [i]murdered[/i] her. :shock: [b]Hank[/b] decreases his Fight from 5 to 3 and increases his Will from 0 to 2 (+1 from [b]Pa[/b]). [b]Hank[/b] uses the Healing Stone to restore 1 Sanity.
"We're going to need to keep our wits about us to get back home," Pa cautions Hank.

"Right, Pa," says Hank.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,[quote]Are you sure it's wise to blow your Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card? I may need them to seal the Gate if I have to spend some on my next Encounter or roll badly trying to close it.[/quote] If Hank needs to spend his own Clue tokens, so be it!--what I'm thinking is, if Hank doesn't have 5 Clues to seal The Abyss, he can stay at Independence Square with an Explored token until Patrice gathers the required Clues.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 9 Upkeep
Graveyard.
ooc,Roland makes no changes. He gains 1 Clue token from his "Intuitive" ability.
Roland has had it up to the Monkey's knees with this Hendrix fellow. He cocks his pistol and kicks his monkey in preparation for an otherworldly fight.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 9 Upkeep.
French Hill
ooc,Ursula makes no changes.
Ursula wonders if she has time to shop for panties at the general store before the final gate is closed.

Return to “Episode 4 - The Shadow Over Innsmouth”