Innsmouth Horror (ic)

The sleepy seaside town of Innsmouth harbors a dark secret. The diabolical Deep Ones have infiltrated and taken over, led by the Marsh family. With the aid of Mother Hydra, they plan to bring forth Quachil Uttaus, which will spell doom for us all unless a small band of unlikely heroes can uncover and thwart their schemes.

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Innsmouth Horror (ic)

Post by Tabs »

Image Turn 12, Other World Encounter, The Abyss: "Pass a Speed (-1) check to avoid a monstrous mass. If you fail you are lost in time and space." Speed check (1d6=4), Mandy's "Research" ability (1d6=2), 1st Clue token (1d6=5), success. [OWE should be at City of the Great Race, oh well.]

Image Turn 12, Other World Encounter, R'lyeh: "You become tangled in the damp seaweed. Pass a Luck (-1) check to pull free before something finds you while you're helpless...." Luck check (1d6=2), 1st Clue token (1d6=3), 2nd Clue token (1d6=4), 3rd Clue token (1d6=3), 4th Clue token (1d6=5), success at last.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 12, Mythos: Gathering Storm!
Devil Reef already has a gate.
Monster Surge: R'lyeh: Hound of Tindalos and Ghoul, The Abyss: Zombie and The City of the Great Race: Shoggoth and Star Spawn.
Movement: Star Spawn -> Easttown, Star Sawn -> Southside and Zombie -> vortex [Terror Level increased (2 of 10) and token added to Deep One Rising Track (4 of 6) and Ryan Dean leaves town].
Headline: The situation in Innsmouth continues to worsen. Add one uprising token to the Deep One Rising track (5 of 6).
Duke (the dog) is strangled!
BTW, if Hank hadn't have rubbed out the Maniac this turn, it would have moved and entered a vortex; the Deep Ones Rising track would then be 6 of 6, and Quachil Uttaus awakes!--spelling certain death for all.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Image Ursula spends 2 Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card.
Turn 13, Upkeep, City of the Great Race (2nd area). No changes.

Image Turn 13, Upkeep, R'lyeh (2nd area). No changes.

Image Turn 13, Upkeep, Police Station. No changes.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 13 Upkeep
Joe Sargent's Bus Service
OOC,No changes.
"How come the streets are all watery?" asks Hank. "They're like little rivers."

"Something's up," said Pa. "That's for sure. Those fishmen must be behind it. They're planning something big. Miss Thompson is the only one who can upset their plans now. But even after that, someone needs to clean this filthy town out. We've accumulated some evidence, but we're going to need more to get anyone to take action. This is bigger than anything we can handle ourselves."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 13 Upkeep
Miskatonic U.
ooc,Roland collects 1 clue token for Upkeep. he makes no changes
Roland looks up to the night sky And sighs…

There’s a cold wind comin’ Malone.. I think we’re done here.

Very Good sir..

You can clock out early Malone.. I’m heading back to the station. I got a ton a paperwork to fill out. The state boys are gonna think I’m a bloody crack pot!

What about the monkey sir!

Roland bends down on one knee. The monkey crawls up his back and onto his shoulder chirping with delight..

The monkey’s mine now Malone… To hell with this town!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Image Turn 13, Movement: City of the Great Race (2nd area) -> Historical Society. Ursula gains an explored token and chooses not to fight the Shoggoth.

Image Turn 13, Movement: R'lyeh (2nd area) -> Esoteric Order of Dagon. Mandy gains an explored token and chooses not to fight the Hound of Tindalos and the Ghoul.

Image Turn 13, Movement: Police Station.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 13 Movement
Joe Sargent's Bus Service->First National Grocery
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 3 movement points moving from Joe Sargent's Bus Service to First National Grocery, exhausting Map of Arkham to gain an extra point. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3119506/]Evade check (Sneak 5 + 1 [First National Grocery] = 6 dice) to avoid arrest (6d6.hits(5)=3)[/url].
Hank and his father make their way through the flooded streets of Innsmouth and soon arrive at the First National Grocery, a delapidated store. Using their map, they are able to find it quickly.

"We can probably get more information here," says Pa.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 13 Movement
Miskatonic U. to Down Town to East town to Police Station
ooc,Roland evades the Star Spawn.. rolled a 6, 2 spending last two clue tokensROLL - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3121429/
Roland walks slowly down the streets of Arkham and reflects on the horror he'd experienced this dark and terrible night. His thoughts so inwardlty turned, he failed to notice the massive Star Spawn rampaging through the East town plaza. As if the creature never exitsted, Roland continued on to the Police Station, the words for his resignation floating on the tip of his tongue and the theme song to the 1970s Incredible Hulk television program playing softly in his head from across the epic void of time.

He whistled the song as he walked.

Do Do Dee Doooo
Do Do Dee Doooo......
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Image Turn 13, Arkham Encounter, Historical Society. Fight check to close gate (1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=5, 1d6=5), success. Gate to City of the Great Race taken as a trophy.

Image Turn 13, Arkham Encounter, Esoteric Order of Dagon. Mandy uses the Elder Sign card to seal the gate to R'lyeh (losing 1 Stamina and 1 Sanity), placing an elder sign token on the board. In addition, 1 doom token is removed from the Ancient One's doom track. Gate to R'lyeh taken as a trophy.

Victory! Seal the Gates: "If, at any time, there are six, or more, elder sign tokens on the board, the players immediately win. The Ancient One is driven away and peace returns to Arkham."

Mandy descends the steps outside the Esoteric Order of Dagon and claps her hands together: a job well done.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Under the porch of the Police Station Patrice Hathaway and Dorian Minks watch the raindrops patter upon the sidewalk of the Easttown streets.

"Dorian, I've always found it to be soothing: the rain."

"Yes, but only if I'm dry and the world outside is wet."

"But of course."

They laugh together, as they did in the asylum. Dorian catches sight of the glint of silver round Patrice's neck. On an impulse he lifts the chain and a locket slides out of Patrice's blouse: the metal is warm to his touch; Dorian's hand begins to tremble as he reads its inscription.

"'Amor Vincit Omnia'--love beats everything."

"Oh, well done, sir! Your Latin master would be proud. I prefer: love conquers all; take your pick."

Patrice takes the locket and drops it back inside her blouse. Dorian blushes and stammers.

"I-- I'm sorry, Ms. Hathaway. Please forgive my impertinence."

"It is of no account."

"...I like your translation the best."

"It is the only thing, don't you think, Dorian?"

"Ms. Hathaway?"

"Love, I mean."

"Yes, love is all."

Patrice murmurs.

"When thou be amongst people make love: the beginning and end of all things."

"Beautiful."

Patrice stretches upwards to chastely peck Dorian on his cheek; he turns his head and their noses touch, only allowing their lips to brush against each other. Patrice sinks down, beaming at the brass buttons on Dorian's uniform.

"Delphine's, at eight o'clock?"

Dorian bows his assent. Patrice covers her head with today's edition of the Arkham Advertiser and runs out of the porch and into the rain. The rain has become a downpour of monsoon proportions, with the slate grey clouds rolling and tumbling. She shelters beneath a lintel just as a roar of thunder echoes down from the heavens and the rain turns into hard driven hail; the hail bounces several feet where it strikes the sidewalk.

Sunbeams break through and filter down over Easttown, the warmth melts the hail: the liquid wrath disappears into the gutter where it belongs. Arkham had been scoured, but is now clean, and a brand new day has begun. Patrice hums "My Blue Heaven."

Return to “Episode 4 - The Shadow Over Innsmouth”