Innsmouth Horror (ooc)

The sleepy seaside town of Innsmouth harbors a dark secret. The diabolical Deep Ones have infiltrated and taken over, led by the Marsh family. With the aid of Mother Hydra, they plan to bring forth Quachil Uttaus, which will spell doom for us all unless a small band of unlikely heroes can uncover and thwart their schemes.

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Innsmouth Horror (ooc)

Post by Tabs »

Well done, Hank! That is the 5th gate sealed; barring gate bursts, one more gate to go.

It's Roland's and Ursula's Turn 10 Arkham Encounter. Roland has nothing to do, but Ursula is trading her gare trophy for 2 Clue tokens at the Science Building; also, if she wishes, Ursula can have an encounter card drawn as well. Let me know, DSIGFUSS.

I'll be away from the end of this week until July.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by trixie »

Ursula just changes her panties......lmao!!!!
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mandy found an Elder Sign!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sweet! We're in good shape now, I think. Hank will go to Church Green and sweep the streets so that Mandy can get to the EOD. Will Mandy give him the Map in addition to a little change while he hands her the Derringer? That way he can have his Sneak one point higher to reduce the risk of arrest. She could make it to the Gate at the Historical Society with her Map too, but there's a Servitor there and there are other monsters in her path, so it pays to avoid it. With the Elder Sign, sealing the Gate to R'lyeh will be automatic anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe someone else can fight or sneak past the Servitor and go to the City of the Great Race. That way we'll have two people on track to seal Gates on Turn 13 just in case one doesn't make it or there's another Gate Burst.

You should probably post Mandy's Personal Story. It may come into play.

By the way, Patrice actually gains 6 Clues: 1 for the Gate opening and 5 for the ninth Doom token.

Can Hank spend 2 of Patrice's Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card? I can't really post my Upkeep until I know about that and whether or not I'm getting the Map.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Yes to everything. $3 + map for the Derringer.

Patrice will pick up the Clue token at the Police Station.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks! I'll keep my Speed at 4, as the Map will give me the fifth movement point I need.

If Roland fights the monsters where he starts, maybe Ursula would have a chance of slipping past the Priest of Dagon blocking her from the Gate in the Historical Society. Otherwise, she can fight it and then go through the Gate in the following turn. Oh, and if she can find a way to defeat both the Priest and the Servitor, she could complete her Personal Story. The problem is, her Sanity and Stamina are so badly hurt that she might not even survive a trip through the City of the Great Race, let alone the monsters in her way. Still, she is the only one who can get through the Gate this turn, unless Roland is very stealthy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I'll have Roland fight the Mi-Go and Lloigor, I'll check on the Lloigor's stats before I post Roland's Upkeep.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Ack, I'd completely missed that the Lloigor was there! They have Weapon Immunity, which makes them a real pain to fight, especially with 2 Toughness and -2 Combat. Roland's best bet is to sneak past them (Ursula's too, considering her low Sanity). Both monsters have only +0 Awareness. He does have Mists of Releh if he needs it. Maybe he should slip past them and fight the Priest of Dagon to clear the way to the Gate, or he could Evade him if he still hasn't used the Mists of Releh and enter the Gate himself. The Servitor of the Outer Gods would be a tough fight, but with only +0 Awareness that can be avoided too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I forgot that Roland has Wither; it just has the word there instead of a picture of the card. In that case, he should have a chance against the Lloigor. There's no reason Roland can't handle the Mi-Go himself. His weapons should make short work of it. In fact, he should fight the Mi-Go first, both to make sure he takes care of it and to get that Unique Item, which could be useful. If he can take out both monsters, that clears a path for Ursula to get past. If she can't sneak past the Priest of Dagon, she should at least be able to kill it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Okay, I was being too timid, I'll increase Ursula's Speed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Well, you will need to be careful about Roland's Sanity. He's down to 2 at this point. The Mi-Go shouldn't be too much of a problem there, but the Lloigor could drive him nuts. He may need to borrow Clues from Patrice to make his Horror check.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Woah! I thought we were on Hiatus until mid July!

OK no worries. Sounds like you guys are just cleaning up anyways. I'll read it over and take over Rolands next move.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

No, it was just until the beginning of July.

You can always write up a description of Roland's battle with the Mi-Go and the Lloigor, and it's Ursula's movement next. If you can't find Trixie, you could post for her yourself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Ursula's Turn 11, Movement. We thought she'd try to enter the gate at the Historical Society. She'll have to Sneak by the Priest of Dagon and the Servitor of the Outer Gods--I'll post the monster tokens. BTW, Ursula could snaffle Mists of Releh off Roland when she passes through Miskatonic U.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Good idea. Ursula will have to be especially sure she Evades the Servitor, as failure means being devoured. Also the Priest, as if she's caught the damage will knock her out. Luckily she has the Stealth skill, which can be used to reroll after Clues are spent if they don't work, and she has plenty of Clues - plus she can borrow from Patrice if she runs out.

Should Mandy also have the Gate trophy for the one that Silas sealed? Since you keep monster trophies, it would make sense if you could keep Gate trophies as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy wrote:Should Mandy also have the Gate trophy for the one that Silas sealed? Since you keep monster trophies, it would make sense if you could keep Gate trophies as well.
Yes, I reckon so.
Mandy can have the Powder of Ibn-Ghazi and the Healing Stone if she wants. I ended up not needing them, and she may where she's going.
Thanks.

I'll post any Turn 11 Movements tomorrow.

Mr. Handy, nice post for Hank's Turn 11, Movement. I'll post Mandy's response to his conversation with her, the lady who is "nice and pretty and smart," in her Movement.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OK. So I'm gonna post Roland's Turn 11 Encounter then. I'll post it as soon as I see Hank's post this weekend. I shouldn't be trusted with Ursula. She's all panty posts to me anyways. lol

Sorry for the low posting on this one lately guys. I've kinda let my Yog accounts fall to the wind. I'll try to keep up.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

DSIG, Roland doesn't have an encounter, so wait until T12 Upkeep, I'll PM you when it is time for the post.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

cooo. thanks Tabs
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

May I use 2 Clues from Patrice during my Upkeep towards the Feds Raid Innsmouth track? The Deep Ones are stirring, and we can't let them wake up Quachil Uttaus. During my turn I'll go kill that Maniac before he jumps in the Vortex and makes matters worse.

Also, doesn't the Terror Level also go up by 1 when a monster goes into a Vortex?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4 - The Shadow Over Innsmouth”