Page 1 of 1

Innsmouth Horror (ooc)

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:20 pm
by Tabs
You might want to check with Misfit that he's still in.
I PMd him Sunday and he said yes.

Well if you need a fourth
You mean Trixie? Okay, let's have a fifth player.

Re: Innsmouth Horror (ooc)

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:13 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Yeah Trixie,

I think shes in. give me a few hours to get ahold of her and ask her for sure. Hey is there any way I can be guaranteed a character from the expansion set... Something new. I've read the hell out of the characters from the original game. And if trixie plays I thin she'll have more fun if she plays a woman.

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:45 am
by Tabs
Something new. I've read the hell out of the characters from the original game. And if trixie plays I thin she'll have more fun if she plays a woman.
I randomly drew all our investigators from Innsmouth anyhow, although I've swapped DSIGFUSS's and Trixie's investigators: Ursula and Roland.

Tabs
Story so far: http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu12 ... ceback.jpg

Mr. Handy
Story so far: http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu12 ... nkback.jpg

Misfit
Story so far: http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu12 ... asback.jpg

DSIGFUSS
Story so far: http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu12 ... ndback.jpg

Trixie
Story so far: http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu12 ... laback.jpg

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:29 am
by DSIGFUSS
Nice! Rolad Banks eh? A government spook with a hard on for rules and a penchant for buggery. Well I made the last part up.. but every arkam characrter needs some extra spice.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:23 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:Nice! Rolad Banks eh? A government spook with a hard on for rules and a penchant for buggery. Well I made the last part up.. but every arkam characrter needs some extra spice.
Men in sweaty, leather trench coats don't necessarily equate to homosexuality--although, now I think about it, leather trench coats are probably the outdoor clothing item of choice for gay men.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:01 am
by trixie
Either that or leather chaps....commando of course...hehe!

Ya I'm in...I'm stoked! I've played Ursula before in the boardgame, sweet!

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy
Ursula is awesome! I played her once myself in a solo game.

This is the first I've seen Hank Samson, but I already know how to play him. He's basically Kyle Perkins from Zombie Apocalypse. Of course, probably none of you know who that is.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 am
by Tabs
Ya I'm in...I'm stoked! I've played Ursula before in the boardgame, sweet!
I'm glad you're playng, trixie.

He's basically Kyle Perkins from Zombie Apocalypse. Of course, probably none of you know who that is.
Isn't he the guy who ran amok in the school and got himself beat up by the hoodlums in the security room?

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
No, that's Kyle Rogers. Kyle Perkins is a farmer's son who was introduced late in Chapter 3 in the Juno section (which got folded into the Gold section in Chapter 6).

Welcome aboard, Trixie!

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:56 am
by Tabs
Possessions
Patrice Hathaway
Common: Research Materials; Spell: Bind Monster; Unique: Silver Key, Warding Statue; Skill: Luck.
Hank Samson
Common: Food, Old Journal x2; Unique: Healing Stone; Skill: Sneak.
Roland Banks
Common: Research Materials; Spell[see ally]: Mists of Releh; Unique: Enchanted Knife; Skill: Speed; Ally: Thomas F. Malone.
Ursula Downs
Common: Lucky Cigarette Case, Ancient Tome; Unique: Ancient Tablet, The King in Yellow; Skill: Stealth.

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:07 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Ha Ha. Roland isn't gay. He just has a penchant for buggery. I'm gonn amke him like the head booze cop from Boarwalk Empire. By the book and flogging himself at night for his wrong doings.. ie the buggery... lol

Also, can anyone tell me where you found those little pics of the cards. I like to have em on my character sheet.

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
If you right click the picture, you can select Properties and get the URL, which you can then copy and paste to put it between the IMG tags. Or you can Quote the post to get the code and copy and paste that.

Here's Roland's small picture:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/Arkham%20Horror%20Investigator/Innsmouth%20Horror/Roland-1-1.jpg[/img]

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:24 am
by DSIGFUSS
Thanks handy. I'll use that for sure but what I was talking about was tghe little equipment and skill and spell cards.

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:Thanks handy. I'll use that for sure but what I was talking about was tghe little equipment and skill and spell cards.
You could use boardgamegeek, the cards are there, somewhere....

I shan't be scanning any more cards (except the mythos card) because it's too much work :) . I wanted those people with the game to find their item cards and refer to them--after this setup there will not be too much searching through decks. (Personally, I've got all the decks inside the box and lid of one of the small expansions.)

We'll start when investigator setup is finished, and trixie needs to decide whereabouts Ursula will begin the game

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:03 pm
by DSIGFUSS
I hear yah Tabs. That was alot of work I bet. I'll find something with the old google meister. I think its fairt that people do their oiwn pics to lighten the load anyways. I thought the little pics were great though. Gave the feel of playing a board game which I likey. Maybe the other players might be into posting their own card pics if I found a place where they were easily accessable.

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:44 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:I hear yah Tabs. That was alot of work I bet. I'll find something with the old google meister. I think its fairt that people do their oiwn pics to lighten the load anyways. I thought the little pics were great though. Gave the feel of playing a board game which I likey. Maybe the other players might be into posting their own card pics if I found a place where they were easily accessable.
If you own the game I wouldn't bother doing that, just find the investigator items from your decks. Mr. Handy and I coped fine doing that in the previous game.

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:52 am
by DSIGFUSS
Yeah for sure... just sayin' ;)

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Trixie, Ursula's starting cards have already been drawn:
Ursula Downs
Common: Lucky Cigarette Case, Ancient Tome; Unique: Ancient Tablet, The King in Yellow; Skill: Stealth.
You just need to decide where she's starting.

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:15 am
by Misfit
I didn't see Silas' name in the list of possessions Tabs. Do I need to have the game itself to refer to?

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:12 am
by DSIGFUSS
Trixie is gonna be out all night so I think she said she wanted to start out at the South Church. So if yah wann get going Tabs thats the answer...

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:11 am
by Tabs
Misfit wrote:I didn't see Silas' name in the list of possessions Tabs. Do I need to have the game itself to refer to?
No, I'll type out the cards for you.

I want the posting rate for each player to be a phase e.g. Upkeep every 2/3 days--is that okay with you? We're ready to start so, Misfit, you need to post Silas Marsh's Investigator Sheet in the Investigator topic and set his skill sliders, etc. Use this template:
SPEED/SNEAK
FIGHT/WILL
LORE/LUCK

SANITY
STAMINA

POSSESSIONS
$
Clue token
Common:

Unique:

Spell:

Skill:

Special:

Ally:

Monster trophy:

Gate trophy:

Do the above, then I'll list Silas' items.

DSIGFUSS wrote:Trixie is gonna be out all night so I think she said she wanted to start out at the

South Church. So if yah wann get going Tabs thats the answer...
South Church it is then.

Hey, I just spotted the item card images in the Investigator topic; are you gonna do that for everyone? :P

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:24 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Close,

I was planning on making all the cards and posting them in a folder on this site and so when you pulled a card, you just copy the image of the card drawn and host it yourself. Then if I were a set of creepy twin little girls in matching blue dresses we could play with them for ever and ever and ever and ever... and yes my name is Danny...

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:48 am
by Mr. Handy
As I mentioned in the Zombie Apocalypse OOC thread, I'll be away from February 10-21 and 24-27. Even if I can get online, I certainly won't have Arkham Horror with me.

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:56 pm
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:Close,

I was planning on making all the cards and posting them in a folder on this site and so when you pulled a card, you just copy the image of the card drawn and host it yourself. Then if I were a set of creepy twin little girls in matching blue dresses we could play with them for ever and ever and ever and ever... and yes my name is Danny...
I picture you as the caretaker.

Mr. Handy wrote:As I mentioned in the Zombie Apocalypse OOC thread, I'll be away from February 10-21 and 24-27. Even if I can get online, I certainly won't have Arkham Horror with me.
Okay.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:35 pm
by Tabs
He squeezes on the trio of jacks, a common number to pull from the assortment in his pocket. Blood trickles down his hand...
Roland Banks: masochism and buggery--one sticky combination.

BTW, use the portrait from the "Player Order" topic. Right click over the image, "Copy Link Location", and in your reply "Paste"; typing at the start of the link Image at the end.

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:04 pm
by Misfit
Hey Tabs, I was just about to post Silas in the investigator section. Did you take over Silas then?

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:04 pm
by Tabs
Misfit wrote:Hey Tabs, I was just about to post Silas in the investigator section. Did you take over Silas then?
No, he is all yours. I simply wanted to get the game started. Copy the entire post and then reply and paste Silas & his stats. (To copy images see above.)

Your Upkeep turn is after trixie (see Player Order topic).

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:10 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Tabs wrote: BTW, use the portrait from the "Player Order" topic. Right click over the image, "Copy Link Location", and in your reply "Paste"; typing at the start of the link [img]and[/img] at the end.

Done and Done but differently.. Your explanation frightens and confuses me.. :o

Tabs wrote: Roland Banks: masochism and buggery--one sticky combination.
lol.. You likey?

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 am
by trixie
Tabs wrote: You could use boardgamegeek, the cards are there, somewhere....
No dice. Looks like a site where the game is only available for purchase. Unless I really am blind as a bat... :roll:

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm
by Tabs
Nice story, trixie. The Reverend is a cultist, I'm sure of it!

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:41 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Yah Trixie.. Good luck getting a blessing at the church after you've ousted them all as cultists.. hahah! That sounds like your gonna have fun with your back ground story stuff.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:07 pm
by trixie
Yes....yeeees... *rubs hands gleefully* Let the games begin! :twisted:

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:29 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy: good job with the Old Journals--lots of lovely Clue tokens!

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, but I was more lucky than anything. And I'm also going to be spending those Clues quite soon. I'll be using 2 to avoid drawing a Dust card next turn, and then 5 more to complete my Personal Story, which will leave me with 1 again,

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:03 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS, thanks for the items. How long did that take you?

trixie, Ursula picks up the Clue token at the Witch House.

DSIGFUSS and trixie, have you access to your own Arkham Encounter cards? If not I'll draw a card for you. DSIGFUSS, are you going shopping instead of an encounter?

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:10 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Took me alot longer than I thought.. but I like doing that sort of stuff.

I would like to have an encounter

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:56 pm
by trixie
Me too, I'd like you to pull from the deck if you don't mind. Thanks again.
Tabs wrote: Patrice sighs inwardly, then recrosses her leg, revealing a stockinged ankle. The sub-editor goggles at the display.

"Will $5 do for your story?" He reaches out a trembling hand to Patrice's leg; she immediately smacks the back of the sub-editors hand.

"Sir! That is harrassment."
SCANDALOUS :lol:

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy
My encounter is:
Hibb's Roadhouse(Innsmouth): A horrible monster appears!
I need a monster drawn from the monster cup, please.

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:57 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy: Deep One Hybrid.

DSIGFUSS: Curiostie Shoppe
Pass a Luck (-1) check or you accidentily drop an item. Discard 1 item of your choice.

trixie: The Witch House
"Excuse me stranger, but have you ever seen this symbol before?" A man standing near the house holds up an occult symbol. Make a Lore (-1) check. If you pass the man introduces himself as Thomas F. Malone... [no he doesn't, because that's DSIGFUSS' sidekick]. If he's not available, he tells you some valuable information instead. Gain 2 Clue tokens. If you fail, nothing happens.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:24 am
by DSIGFUSS
oops went out of turn. I'll wait for the right order next phase.

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:23 pm
by trixie
Ursula fails

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:21 am
by Tabs
a crazed monkey
DSIGFUSS, is there a personal experience connected with your story? :P

"Guess he's sleeping."
Mr. Handy, you got the tone of your story just right--it could be a continuation of Hank's "The Story So Far".

Bring the chosen one
trixie, you will ensure Urula saves "the chosen one", won't you? ;)

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks! I've got a pretty good feel for my character. I'd never seen him before though, as I draw characters randomly whenever I play and he'd never come up.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS, if Roland goes to the Science Building from the Curiositie Shoppe he'll have to pass through the Merchant District; a Dhole is there (and Silas). (Silas will Evade the monster.)

Image Image

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:48 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OK!

Well does that mean that Silas is heading for the Science building to grab the two clue tokens?

Roland could exhaust his Mists of Reylah. How exactly would that work out. For spells you use which attribute with a -1 modifier for the Dhole's awareness.

what attribute is for casting spells again? Could you tell me exactly how Mists of Reylah work?

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy
You'd need to make a Spell check, which is a type of Lore check. The Casting modifier for Mists of Releh is equal to the Dhole's Awareness modifier (in this case, -1). This means your chances of successfully casting it are kind of...not good (though I believe Malone gives you +1, which helps a good deal). You could raise your Lore to as much as 4 during your upkeep, however, which gives you a much better chance. You cast it when you attempt to Evade the monster. If you succeed at the Spell check, you are considered to have passed the Evade check. There is 0 Sanity cost. If you fail, then you'd have to make a normal Evade check using your Sneak skill.

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:01 am
by DSIGFUSS
Sweet thanks Handy. Don'ty think I casted a single spell in the last game. Changes made to my upkeep and I'm ready to evade the hell out of the giant wormy thing.

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote: Well does that mean that Silas is heading for the Science building to grab the two clue tokens?
Silas will enter the gate at the Unvisited Isle. He only has 2 Clue tokens but I figured he can spend Patrice's Clues when he seals the gate.

As for Patrice, I thought Independence Square.

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:46 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Hey Trixie...

the best place to look for allies is the siver twilight lodge right guys? Plus theres a clue token there ripe for the pickings.

Any other suggestions for Ursala's movement?

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:07 am
by Tabs
There are lots of options for Ursula. I favour maxing her Speed skill (amend her Upkeep post) and then reading one of the three books she is carrying during the Movement Phase. Ursula's items: http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu12 ... Ditems.jpg
The Silver Twilight Lodge is an option to move to, although Carl Sanford may threaten Ursula to join the "order" at a price.

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:08 am
by Tabs
I'll be unable to draw an Arkham Encounter by the time my turn rolls around, as I'll be leaving in about 18 hours. I'll have very limited Internet access for the 11 days after that. If you have to go ahead without me, I intend to spend 5 Clues to pass my personal story in the Upkeep phase of Turn 3. After that, I'll probably go to Innsmouth and start scooping up the Clues there.
No problem--we'll wait for your return; however, Roland, Ursula, Silas and Patrice still need to post their Turn 2 Movement.

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:15 am
by Tabs
Turn 2 Movement: Roland Banks & Malone: "Well done Detective!"

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:23 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Thank you very much captain keeper!!

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:13 am
by trixie
Sorry for the harsh delay everyone.

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:41 pm
by trixie
Wow Tabs, great writing. Love the last line re Joseph living on. Very cool.

All that aside though....that sweaty hairy man peeing....well....its a visual burned in now. Thanks :shock:

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:23 am
by Tabs
trixie wrote:Wow Tabs, great writing. Love the last line re Joseph living on. Very cool.

All that aside though....that sweaty hairy man peeing....well....its a visual burned in now. Thanks :shock:
As Elvis would have said, "Thank you very much."

trixie wrote:and a long moustache
For me, the moustache clinches Mister Montgomery's evil intent.

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:52 pm
by DSIGFUSS
She tentatively glances downward: she is kneeling in moist malodorous lumps.
Haha Tabs.. I love the word Malodorous... :lol:

And... I am a crazed monkey. It's amazing I can even post... But you know what they say about a million monkeys on typewriters.. they'll eventually write something of worth.

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:15 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote: Haha Tabs.. I love the word Malodorous... :lol:
Yes... but not a word one can use in general conversation down the pub/bar.

Here are the Arkham Encounters for Ronald and Ursula. Remember the Player Order: Hank is up next.

Science Building
You find a student pounding on a strange device that he has hooked up to massive machinery. He states that it is a dimensional beam machine. If you offer to help him, make a Lore (-2) check.
Lore (-2) check?,If you pass, beams shoot out in all directions, disrupting the gates open throughout the board. Roll a die for each open gate one at a time. On a success the gate is closed. However, you may not take it as a trophy, but return it to the pile of gate markers. If you fail, the machinery overheats and explodes. Roll a die and lose that much Stamina, then move to St Mary's Hospital.
Silver Twilight Lodge
Brushing up against a strange object in the hall, you feel stretched and thin, like your skin is too tight. Pass a Luck (-1) check or you are Cursed.

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:38 am
by DSIGFUSS
ok... So are you posting for Hank aor are we waiting for Handy to get back.

reminder: Player Order

Hank Samson
Roland Banks
Ursula Downs
Silas Marsh
Patrice Hathaway

I'm so gonna help this crazy frat kid figure out his doomsday device.

Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:54 am
by Tabs
We'll wait for Mr. Handy. I think he's going to be back from his hols soon.

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:15 pm
by Mr. Handy
Yes, I'm back for now. I actually got back in yesterday, but I needed to sleep and to catch up first before I could post.

The Silver Twlight Lodge isn't an inn, though they probably have guest rooms or something along those lines. It's a fraternal organization and secret society like the Freemasons, only more evil.

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:34 pm
by Tabs
Common Item: Shotgun

Good to have you back, Mr. Handy. Did you go to the beach or to a convention?

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:38 pm
by Mr. Handy
Woohoo! 8-) That was well worth the two bucks.

Thanks. I went to a convention near London for a weekend and then into London for another week, but not to the beach. Tomorrow I'm going to a gaming convention in New Jersey, much closer to home, until Sunday night.

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 am
by DSIGFUSS
Gate at the unvisited isle is closed due to Rolands antics.

I was gonna spend clue tokens to reroll my other checks but though you guys would want to seal the last gate instead. What do you think?

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:54 pm
by Tabs
Yes, go for it. I just checked Roland's Investigator Sheet and he's got 3 Clue tokens plus "Research Materials".

The scene before him could only be described as whimsical chaos.
I have an image of the two hippies waltzing round the apparatus--which looks like a crazy pressure cooker--and the pressure cooker is about to explode.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
You can't spend Clue tokens on ordinary random dice rolls, only on skill checks (the specialized Combat, Spell, Horror, and Evade checks count as skill checks too). Closing the last Gate isn't sufficient to win, anyway. We need to hold a number of Gate trophies equal to or greater than the number of players (five).

Closing the Gate to the Abyss will cause the Ghoul to be banished.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:25 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:You can't spend Clue tokens on ordinary random dice rolls, only on skill checks (the specialized Combat, Spell, Horror, and Evade checks count as skill checks too).
Ah! I didn't know that.

Right, now it's Ursula's turn.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:50 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OK! then we'll leave it as is.... 1 gate closed.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:42 am
by trixie
so the Inn isn't an Inn....should I change my last post? I didn't know that. :oops:

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy
A "lodge" in this case means a fraternal organization rather than a place to stay. Many such organizations use the word "lodge" in this manner, for example the Elks. It's up to you if you want to edit.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:15 am
by trixie
Sorry guys....my birthday was a self indulgent week of doing only the bare minimum. Back in the saddle. Cheers!

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 pm
by Tabs
trixie wrote:so the Inn isn't an Inn....should I change my last post? I didn't know that. :oops:
No! It's everyones' writing that is interesting to me; so, if you feel like writing, please do it--even if you go off at a tangent.

Re.: Ursula's encounter, the Luck check was 1d6, not 2d6--I advised trixie to roll 2d6--due to the "Blackest Night" environment card (Luck checks -1 penalty). Ursula's first die was a 6, anyhow.

Yesterday, I got Mansions of Madness, the theme, art, ideas, components, etc, are amazing. The gameplay may be like a dog's dinner, though . :)

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:15 pm
by Tabs

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:47 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Hey, I was going to buy that board game last month Tabs. Is it fun?

We should compare notes on board games... Anyone else chime in if they have any favorites or would like to know if any of the games I have are good. Some are.. Some aren't... I'm a sucker for a board game that looks good.

The games I have are.

Carcassone (ALL Expansions)
Settlers of Catan
Tanhauser
Star Wars Miniatures
Heroclix
Ninja Burger
Taluva
Arkham Horror
Hero Quest
Wings of War
Munchin Quest

I'm looking to buy a few new boardgames. Any suggestions?

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy
I don't have most of those games, but I've played some of the others before. I do have Arkham Horror and all of the expansions so far, and I'm eagerly awaiting Miskatonic Horror. I also have one of the Wings of War sets (Burning Drachens). I've played the base game of Carcassonne once, and I've played Settlers many times. I've also played Hero Quest years ago.

I have far too many games to list here, but I can tell you about some good ones. Space Alert is fun, though it can be expensive. The Battlestar Galactica board game is great too. I also enjoy RAF, which is again costly. There's a new edition that came out a couple of years ago, which is the one I have. You can now play as the British or the Germans in a single player game, or you can play 2-player. I recently bought a bunch of games, but haven't had much chance to play them yet.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:54 pm
by DSIGFUSS
RAF eh? Do you have the new version or the 1986 version. Checked it out on Boardgame geek. Looks like one of those squad leader tyope games with the little carboard pieces. I got a buddy that would go for that big time. I usually prefer games with minis or pieces... but I'll try anything.

Space Alert looks super sweet. How does the CD work? Is there lots of expansions. I don't mind gheavy game expenses. My star wars miniature game is worth at least a few thousand.

I've heard similar things about the Battlestar Galactica too. Do you need many players to play Battlestar Galactica? I heard someone plays a secret psilon or something. So it must be more fun mith more players.

Wings of War is an awesome game if you spend a little cash and buy the miniature planes. WWI is way better than WWII. Plus you can buy huge minis of the air balloons which look nice in play.

Let me know Handy if you buy a game you really like. I buy games all the time. Love em Love em Love em.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:54 pm
by DSIGFUSS
I have two game questions.

1) How do I get to Y'HA-NTHLEI again. it's an island on the Innsmouth expansion board. I want to pick up those 2 Clue tokens .

2) If I lose two clue token in the upkeep phase to avoid drawing a dust card, does Roland's Upkeep ability come into play before or after I spend the clue tokens? ie Do I get a free clue token because I now have less than 2?

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy
1) You can only get there by first going to Falcon Point in Innsmouth and hiring a boat for $2 to take you out to Devil Reef. Only from Devil Reef can you reach Y'ha-Nthlei - unless you're returning from an Other World, in which case there's a Gate there and there aren't any Clue tokens. Getting back is trickier, as you'll need to either draw an Encounter at Y'ha-Nthlei or Devil Reef that'll send you back to the mainland. However, Silas has his own boat. I think it's better for him to sail to Devil Reef this turn and then go to Y'ha-Nthlei before sailing to any other aquatic location. I was thinking of going to Innsmouth myself, but with only $1 I wouldn't be able to get back. I'll have to sneak past the Dhole.

2) I believe you can perform most Upkeep effects (except refreshing cards, which comes first, and adjusting skill sliders, which comes last) in whatever order you like. And if you read the Ancient One card, you'll see that you must spend the two Clues at the start of your turn, even before Upkeep. So you can spend two Clue tokens to keep from drawing a Dust card and then gain one because you don't have enough.

I have the new version of RAF (I did mention that above). It does use little cardboard pieces, but they represent squadrons or groups of planes. There are no land forces involved, as it's a recreation of the Battle of Britain.

Space Alert is awesome. You place the CD into any CD player (I use my computer's DVD drive) and either choose one of the eight tracks or select one at random. Each track runs for about ten minutes, during which announcements are made of incoming threats, special events, and the end of each stage. There are also eight tutorial tracks on the second CD. Most of them are shorter, at about seven minutes each. There aren't a lot of expansions. In fact, until I saw one in London a couple of weeks ago I hadn't known there were any. The base game is more expensive though - it costs $60.

Battlestar Galactica is meant to be played with at least 3 players, but it's more fun with more. There are one or two secret Cylons, and there can even be a Cylon that doesn't know it's a Cylon until midway through the game. There are also official rules available online that have both solitaire and two-player variants. BSG does have a couple of costly expansions already, and I'm sure more are on the way.

The Wings of War box I have is one of the WWI ones.

I love games too. The problem is that it's very hard for me to find other people to play with except at conventions, so I typically buy games that can be played solitaire.

I've bought a number of games recently, both in London and at conventions in New Jersey. In November, I bought Agricola (a development game set on a farm) and Farmers of the Moor, one of the expansions, as well as Republic of Rome. They're expensive but a lot of fun, though I haven't had much time to play them. I also got Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age, a dice-based civilization-building game. Last February I got BSG, A Touch of Evil (similar to Arkham Horror in some ways but not as good), a supernatural game set circa 1800, and an expansion for it, Something Wicked. Both were on sale for only $25 each, as was the Call of Cthulhu LCG, which I bought as well. I also found a copy of Dungeon! for $50 then.

In London in February I picked up Zombie Survival, a Twilight Creations game I still haven't seen here. I also got two WWII games from Dan Verssen Games: Field Commander Rommel (counter-based) and Frontline: D-Day (card-based). Both can be played solitaire, though the enemy gets certain unfair advantages to compensate for its lack of ability to think. And I got Labyrinth, a card-driven simulation of the War on Terror by GMT Games. I've only gone through the tutorial, but I'm about to play it for real. One of the cards was missing, but GMT sent a replacement right out when I let them know. Games are expensive there, so I only got ones I wouldn't be able to find back in the USA.

At the convention I was just at last weekend, I picked up Dungeonquest and Castle Ravenloft. I haven't had a chance to try them since, but I played Castle Ravenloft at a convention in November and it was pretty fun. It's a huge game and sells for $65. There's also Wrath of Ashardalon, a similar game for the same price. I didn't get it yet, but I probably will later. The two games can also be combined.

The best gem I found at a convention was Ambush!, a WWII solitaire game from Avalon Hill. I lucked out in spotting it in the dealer's room in July 2009. It was meant to go on auction, but they offered to sell it to me for $20. When I looked at the components, I noticed that the character cards were missing. They lowered the price to $10, and I found the cards online at BGG when I got home and printed them out. Most of the components of the Purple Heart expansion were also in the box, but not its paragraph booklet or mission cards, which are essential. I had always wanted Ambush! ever since I first heard of it, but had never managed to find it until then. Now I regret not having bought the expansions when I had seen them.

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:08 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:Hey, I was going to buy that board game last month Tabs. Is it fun?

We should compare notes on board games... Anyone else chime in if they have any favorites or would like to know if any of the games I have are good. Some are.. Some aren't... I'm a sucker for a board game that looks good.
I'm a sucker for new boardgames, too!

I've mentioned it before, check out yucata.de (English or German language), there are a lot of games there.

However, Silas has his own boat. I think it's better for him to sail to Devil Reef this turn and then go to Y'ha-Nthlei before sailing to any other aquatic location.
Okay--Silas will sail to Devil Reef.

Here are suggestions for Ursula: go to R'yleh @ Black Cave? The -3 gate modifier is tough, though... / Ursula should use the Ancient Tablet this Movement Phase (in the Upkeep Phase increase her Speed to 5) / meet up with Patrice and trade--Patrice can do wonders with those tomes of Ursulas.

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:31 pm
by trixie
*ahem* Dsig there's no point buying another game until we play AT LEAST ONE game of Settlers with the expansion pack. *grumble grumble* :roll:

I REMAIN CHAMP! :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:15 pm
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:Hey, I was going to buy that board game last month Tabs. Is it fun?
Don't know yet--I'm still drooling over the components. :)

The games I have are.

Carcassone (ALL Expansions)
Settlers of Catan
Tanhauser
Star Wars Miniatures
Heroclix
Ninja Burger
Taluva
Arkham Horror
Hero Quest
Wings of War
Munchin Quest

I'm looking to buy a few new boardgames. Any suggestions?
I've thought about buying Tannhauser purely because it looks cool, which is why I bought Incursion--a miniatures/stratego type of game. It's got a similar theme to Tannhauser, but darker and sexier (unless you're Jewish, of course).

We've all got Wings of War, it'd be fun to play that online--I see myself as Captain Bigglesworth.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:10 pm
by trixie
I could hook you up with Tannhauser Tabs, I got it 2 and it never gets played. HA! Its a great game...even has a dvd.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 pm
by DSIGFUSS
I like Tannhauser. It has a very simple targeting mechanic based on colored circles that is sweet. My color blind buddy has a hard time with it but we all played it for a while and liked it. I haven't bought the expansion set yet but they look rad.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:51 pm
by DSIGFUSS
game wise. I think Roland will be heading to the historical society to pick up the clue token.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Hank will head to The Unnamable to grab that Clue token.

I've seen Tannhauser, and it looks awesome, but I've never played it. If there were solitaire rules for it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:53 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:game wise. I think Roland will be heading to the historical society to pick up the clue token.
Okay.

trixie wrote:I could hook you up with Tannhauser Tabs, I got it 2 and it never gets played. HA! Its a great game...even has a dvd.
Are you suggesting I buy the game from you? I'm tempted, but the postage cost from Canada to the UK would be huge.

What are your plans for Ursula this turn? I've been looking at the game board and Ursula could move to the General Store, Patrice can get there so not only can they trade--Patrice's cash for Ursula's tomes; the girls can also partake of some "retail therapy".

We Samsons gotta look after ourselves.
That's the spirit! Trust nobody.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:03 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Tabs wrote:
Are you suggesting I buy the game from you? I'm tempted, but the postage cost from Canada to the UK would be huge.

Ha Ha! Actually I beleive the scoundrel known as Trixie is suggesting that you buy my copy of Tannhauser. Which is not for sale. lol What a little gangster eh? ... lol :P

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:17 am
by trixie
Ya! We got a sale on all the games....black market of course! :lol: Just tryna get Dsig's goat considering he stole my game idea...always asking me where I'm headed then goes first and takes my spot. :evil: Death!
What are your plans for Ursula this turn? I've been looking at the game board and Ursula could move to the General Store, Patrice can get there so not only can they trade--Patrice's cash for Ursula's tomes; the girls can also partake of some "retail therapy".
I'm thinking graveyard but that sounds fun too....hehe I'm well practiced in 'retail therapy'. lol

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:29 pm
by Tabs
The Graveyard is good for Patrice as well. I want those Tomes off of Ursula. :)

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm
by trixie
I'd only part with the King in Yellow....but Ursula could use some girl talk for sure. I want that clue token. :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:08 am
by Tabs
It is Ursula's movement now, General Store or Graveyard is good for Patrice. I had the idea that when Patrice meets up with Ursula they could roleplay a conversation?

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:42 pm
by trixie
Sure sounds cool, back and forth you mean...pbp? We'll hafta hold off whoever's after us (or is it you). I'll try to reply swiftly.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:29 pm
by Tabs
trixie wrote:Sure sounds cool, back and forth you mean...pbp? .
Yes.

Mr. Handy is up next, if he wishes to post for Hank that's cool. I'll edit any conversation between Patrice and Ursula and slot it into Patrice's post.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:57 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS's Arkham Encounter

Historical Society (Innsmouth): The society is discarding what it calls a "taxidermist's trick." Draw a monster from the cup and claim it as a trophy.

Ghoul (1 toughness)

trixie, Patrice buys the King in Yellow from Ursula for $2. Ursula now has $3, she can shop and use her "Quick-witted" ability--she may have an encounter as well, or do either.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:29 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS, for a moment I was fooled by the ghoul,--as well as Roland--I thought the ghoul was about to attack.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:32 am
by DSIGFUSS
Ha Ha! If Roland had to take the free bee on that one... How else does one collect a free monster token?

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:24 pm
by DSIGFUSS
So am I right that Ursala's upkeep phase is next as we move into the next turn. After the Mysthos card is drawn of course.

Also.. How bad are these dust cards? We keep on spending alot of clue token that we could be using to seal gates avoiding them. What is an example of one?

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Well, I still have to have my encounter, which I'm about to do.

How bad are the Dust cards? Well, with the worst one, the first player is devoured. That's not until the third deck of four Dust cards, though. Each deck has four cards, and there's one in each of the first two that causes that entire deck to be discarded. Each deck also has a card to reshuffle the deck (including any previously drawn Dust cards), a card that costs the first player 1 Sanity, and (for the first two decks at least) a card where nothing happens. It doesn't pay to spend Clues every turn, but at least we've bought ourselves a little time.

My Arkham Encounter is: "A hideous monster appears!" (Innsmouth) I need another monster drawn from the cup, please.

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:33 am
by Tabs

Re. Dust cards: I've never read them! We are still flush with Clue tokens, so I think Ursula ought to spend 2 to prevent a draw from the dust deck.

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:27 pm
by Mr. Handy
That's up to her, but if she spends 2 Clues now, that won't leave her enough to seal a Gate - though she could always "borrow" one from Patrice.

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:52 pm
by Tabs
Patrice is good for Clue tokens--she's a clue cow. This turn I thought Patrice -> Black Cave and Silas -> Esoteric Order of Dagon.

Turn 4
Ursula Downs is now the first player, she needs to decide whether to spend 2 Clue tokens or draw a Dust card, and then perform her Upkeep Phase.

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:33 pm
by DSIGFUSS
As soon as handy posts his upkeep I will delete my post an put it in the proper order.

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:15 am
by DSIGFUSS
HEY TABS.. Did trixie get her common item from the general store?

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:19 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:HEY TABS.. Did trixie get her common item from the general store?
Yeah, a .18 Derringer. I'll post the image of the card into Ursula's possessions from your files.

So now it's Ursula's Movement.

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:37 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Thanks, Tabs.

Just to understand Ursala's special ability more. Could she have bought the derringer from the general store and then chose to have an encounter at the general store?

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, and in fact she did just that. However, she drew one of those encounters where nothing happens.

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:07 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS, is trixie able to post Ursula's Movement; if not, do you want to do it or shall I do it?

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:03 pm
by Tabs
Turn 4 Arkham Encounter

Ursula, General Store*: A jar on the counter bears a sign proclaiming, "Guess how many marbles are in the jar and win a prize! $1 entry fee." If you want, you may pay $1...--Ursula doesn't have any money, so she can't guess, anyhow.

*I took Ursula's movement turn for her, she stayed put, but:
ooc: Spending 3 movement points and discard Ancient Tablet: Ancient Tablet (1d6=4, 1d6=6) =2 Clue tokens & 1 Spell: Shrivelling.

Silas & Patrice: drawn through their respective gates. (No posts.)

Samson, Woods: ....

Roland, South Church: Noticing you eyeing the holy water, Father Michael tells you, "Take what you need, my child." Take the Holy Water card.

Other World Encounter

Silas, City of the Great Race: ....

Patrice, R'yleh: ....

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:16 pm
by Mr. Handy
Ursula could have increased her Speed to 5 during Upkeep, which I think was discussed, enabling her to both use the Ancient Tablet and move 2 spaces to the Graveyard.

Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 am
by Tabs
I want to get on with the game. As Ursula can't do anything at the General Store, please go ahead with your turn Mr. Handy.

trixie is more than welcome to take back control of Ursula--in fact, I'd rather trixie did--but, I'm not going to wait more than a few days for anyone to post (unless they mention that they'll be away for X days and "Please, don't post for my investigator").

trixie, your next post will be Ursula's Turn 5 Upkeep--as usual I'll send a PM when the time comes.

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:37 am
by DSIGFUSS
OK.. I'll tell Trixie.

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:25 am
by Tabs
Common Item: Knife

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:02 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Nice work Tabs. You gona seal that mother.

Hey! I'm at work and don't have the cards on me. What does Roland get if he gets five clue tokens and accomplishes his personal story "Heck with it"

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:24 pm
by trixie
Ursula picks her nose and inspects it. haha!! Sorry for the holdup.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:38 pm
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:Nice work Tabs. You gona seal that mother.

Hey! I'm at work and don't have the cards on me. What does Roland get if he gets five clue tokens and accomplishes his personal story "Heck with it"
Absolutely!--although Silas will have to borrow Clues off Patrice.

Roland's Personal Story: a pass means that his "Intuitive" ability applies if he has fewer than 4 Clue tokens (not 2).

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:28 pm
by Tabs
It is now Turn 5 Upkeep, Player Order remains the same, so it is Ursula to go first. Decide whether to spend 2 Clue tokens or draw a Dust card, then perform her Upkeep actions [increase Ursula's Speed].

Silas will try to seal the gate and Patrice will continue exploring R'lyeh.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:47 am
by Mr. Handy
I think the original plan had been for Silas to go to Y'ha-Nthlei and pick up the Clue tokens there, but it's just as well he took this route, as we'll get to seal a Gate sooner. Of course, the more we seal, the more we have to worry about the Deep Ones Rising track. Clues are already getting scarce, but Roland at least can generate them.

Hank plans to head to the Witch House and through the Gate to Another Dimension. He'll need to borrow a couple of Clues from Patrice later too. I'll have to review the Dark Young's stats before I decide whether to try to take it out or sneak past it. I remember that it has Physical Resistance, so the Shotgun only gives me +2, but at least a 6 still does 2 damage.

EDIT: Never mind, I see that Patrice needs her extra Clues for herself, so she can seal the Gate to R'lyeh. I'll have to think of something else for Hank to do.

I'd increase Silas's Sneak to maximum. He's not planning to go anywhere this turn anyway, and he doesn't want to be caught now that martial law is in effect before he gets a chance to seal the Gate.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:26 am
by Tabs

Dark Young at the Witch House (and Marsh Refinery, too)--these are nasty beasts.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy, by the time Hank has travelled through Another Dimension, Patrice should be able to gather more Clues--and she's got the King in Yellow, as well.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:18 pm
by Mr. Handy
Ursula has more than enough Clues already. It would be tougher for her to sneak past the Dark Young, though she could probably kill it with Shrivelling. I'd be hard pressed to evade it without burning any Clues, as I can't increase my Sneak without reducing my Speed, and I'd need it all to reach the Gate in one turn. Beating the Dark Young would be far from a sure thing for me too.

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 am
by Tabs
Okay. Right, I'm gonna have Ursula fight the Dark Young at the Witch House with Shrivelling--it's a shame her Lore is rubbish....

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Oops, I hadn't realized her Lore was so low. She does have extra Clues and the Lucky Cigarette Case if she needs them, at least, and when it comes to the actual fight she can use the Derringer and Shrivelling at the same time.

I'll probably head to the Hospital or Science Building, hoping to pick up another Clue or two while waiting for another Gate to open. I'll leave the one in the Graveyard for Roland.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:08 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Thanks man. I need the one more clue for my personal story.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:22 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome. I knew you only needed one more, so I wanted to make sure you were the one to get it.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:19 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Thanks Handy,

Trixie is busy with life stuff so I told her I would share her character with her. I thnk I woul be the best candidate for the job as we are close to each other in the turn order. what do you think? I'll take over Ursala. She may get dirtier and more offensive in personality with me at the reigns but that should be fun... :)

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:13 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS wrote:Thanks Handy,

Trixie is busy with life stuff so I told her I would share her character with her. I thnk I woul be the best candidate for the job as we are close to each other in the turn order. what do you think? I'll take over Ursala. She may get dirtier and more offensive in personality with me at the reigns but that should be fun... :)
Okay.

It's the Arkham Encounters Phase. Ursula is the first player, but she is simply drawn through the gate at the Witch House to Another Dimension; so, describe that if you wish. Here is the play order for the phase.
Arkham Encounter
Ursula
Silas
Hank
Roland
Other World Encounter
Ursula
Patrice

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:42 am
by Tabs
Graveyard
You find the half-buried corpse of a strange being. Draw a monster from the cup and take it as a trophy.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 pm
by DSIGFUSS
hahahaha! Roland just has monsters dropping dead at his feet. He's not gonna have to fire a shot.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:31 am
by Tabs
He couldn’t believe it. They were pushing a wheel barrow of infinitely better quality than the one Roland had confiscated from the South Church shed.
--I like that!

Next, it's Ursula's Other World Encounter
Another Dimension (Other [Red])
You push yourself to the limit. Roll 1 die for each point of Stamina you have. Lose 1 Stamina for each die that does not roll a success. If you do not fall unconscious, gain 1 Clue token for each die that rolled a success.

I'm gonna be away for a few days.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:49 am
by DSIGFUSS
Yo Tabs...

Ursula took 3 stamina damage and collects 1 clue token. I can't update her character sheet.

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Ursula gains 2 Clues, not 1 (she gets one for each success).

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:15 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Sweet!

Thanks Handy. Tabs.. can you give me access to Trixie's character sheet. Or maybe pm me the post so I can repost it under my name.

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:58 pm
by Tabs
Ursula's Investigator Sheet. You'll have to delete the duplicate "[img]".

[img][img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu12 ... Ursula.jpg[/img]

SPEED/SNEAK 3/2
FIGHT/WILL 4/1
LORE/LUCK 3/2

SANITY 5 -1 -1
STAMINA 5 -3

POSSESSIONS
$ 0
Clue token 6 +2
Common: Lucky Cigarette Case, Ancient Tome [img][img]http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4366/18derringer.jpg[/img]

Unique:

Spell: [img][img]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3479/shrivelling.jpg[/img]

Skill: Stealth

Special:

Ally:

Monster trophy: [img][img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu12 ... 1301732498[/img]

Gate trophy:

Ursula's items: http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu12 ... Ditems.jpg

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:16 pm
by trixie
Hey! Whats with all the panty talk! :shock:

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:29 am
by Tabs
Ursula is still the first player, so you need to decide on whether to spend 2 Clues or draw a Dust card; then Turn 6 Upkeep.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:25 pm
by Tabs
Unique Item: Powder of Ibn-Ghazi

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:50 pm
by Tabs
Hank's ability and the shotgun make a combination that spells doom to monsters. Dhole next?

Ursula
Another Dimension (Other[Red])
Pass a Speed (-1) check to grab the carving before it falls. Draw 1 Spell.

Roland
Great Hall of Celeano (Other[Blue])
Luck is with you. You stumble on a cache of supplies. Draw 1 Common Item.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:12 pm
by Mr. Handy
Let's not get carried away. ;) What I need to do is pick up whatever Clues I can find until a new Gate opens, then pop through it and seal it fast. Right now we've got two Gates sealed, with two more on the way. If I seal a fifth, then Silas can complete his personal story to get the last one. It's lucky he didn't go all fishy at the Gilman House Hotel. He needs to spend three Clues, and he can find 2 at Y'ha-Nthlei. I think he can also borrow from Patrice when she gains some more (4 from KiY, 5 when the Doom Track hits 9). I may need to get one or two from her as well later on.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:32 am
by Mr. Handy
I hope nobody's waiting for me. I don't have an encounter in the streets.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:32 am
by Tabs
I'll send a PM to DSIGFUSS. BTW,the Common Item which Roland finds is a .45 Automatic.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:33 am
by DSIGFUSS
OOOPS!

I was waiting for you. My bad. I'll post Ursula and Roland tommorrow morning. Gotta hit the hay now. Nice with the gun find.

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:39 pm
by Tabs
Spell: Voice of Ra

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy
With Mother Hydra in effect, the monster surge produces an extra monster. It also produces a minimum of 5 monsters, since that is the number of investigators, which means that there should be 6 monsters drawn in all. That means one more for each of the three open Gates (though the ones in Arkham proper would end up going to the Outskirts if the Monster Limit is exceeded).

I think Silas should definitely head to Devil Reef and then Y'ha-Nthlei. Once he picks up those three Clues, he'll have everything he needs to finish his Personal Story. The monsters floating around Innsmouth could be a problem, but it may be too risky for Silas to face them in his weakened state.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:27 am
by trixie
I'm playin nickie nickie nine doors.....

*knocks and runs away*

hehe ;)

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:10 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:With Mother Hydra in effect, the monster surge produces an extra monster. It also produces a minimum of 5 monsters, since that is the number of investigators, which means that there should be 6 monsters drawn in all. That means one more for each of the three open Gates (though the ones in Arkham proper would end up going to the Outskirts if the Monster Limit is exceeded).
Thanks. I felt there was something I'd missed.
I think Silas should definitely head to Devil Reef and then Y'ha-Nthlei. Once he picks up those three Clues, he'll have everything he needs to finish his Personal Story. The monsters floating around Innsmouth could be a problem, but it may be too risky for Silas to face them in his weakened state.
Yes, Silas to Y'ha-Nthlei.

Hank has a lot of street cleaning to do.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:21 am
by Tabs
trixie wrote:I'm playin nickie nickie nine doors.....

*knocks and runs away*

hehe ;)
If we catch you--and here and now being a supersticious Arkham in 1926--you'll be treated as a witch. And everyone knows their fate; *looks for matches*.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:57 pm
by DSIGFUSS
At the washstand he "flobs" a ball of mucus into the bowl--it tastes of sardines.
HAHA Tabs.. I'm a smoker.. I flob all the time. My flobs taste like raspberries. :P

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:13 am
by Mr. Handy
I'd forgotten about the Estate Sale in the Uptown streets, but I don't have the money anyway. I only have $1 left, so while I could go to Innsmouth, I would not be able to return. I think I'll stay and fight the Byakhee this turn, but I can't spend forever just clearing the streets of monsters. I should seal a Gate of my own (once it opens) so we can win. Of course, Patrice (or anyone else returning to Arkham) may be able to do that herself instead, as she's got a whole bunch of Clue tokens coming soon.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:37 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Hey guys...

Could someone please explain the rules around returning to gate locations in Arham after the gate has been explored.

so many questions...

1) What do I have to roll to seal a gate.
2) In which phase do I seal it.
3) If there is a monster there. Do I have to fight it? And when do I have to fight it?
4) Do I still get an encounter at the gate location?
5) Can I continue my move...

Please explain... I totally forget.

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
1) You must make a roll against either Fight or Lore, your choice. For Ursula, you should choose Fight. The number of dice is modified by the number on the Gate, though for Another Dimension this is +0. You only need one success.

2) Gates are closed/sealed in the Arkham Encounter phase.

3) You do not have to encounter any monsters on the turn that your return from Arkham (they don't see you yet). However, on the next turn's Movement phase, you will need to encounter them if you're still there, which normally you are. You don't necessarily have to fight them, as you do have the option to Evade.

4) No, closing/sealing the Gate is your encounter.

5) No, returning to Arkham is your movement for the turn. Which means you can max out Sneak in preparation for slipping away on the turn after you seal the Gate if that's your plan. Ursula also has Stealth, which may help her to escape.

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:28 pm
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:I'd forgotten about the Estate Sale in the Uptown streets, but I don't have the money anyway. I only have $1 left, so while I could go to Innsmouth, I would not be able to return.
Patrice has $5, Hank can have the cash if you want it....

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:30 pm
by Mr. Handy
Thanks, but she needs it more than I do. She has her own Personal Story to think about, not to mention the possibility of buying an Elder Sign.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:15 am
by Tabs
Jimi Hendrix’s pistol
There ought to be a Unique Item: Jimi's Guitar. The guitar can fire a sonic blast or be used as an axe.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:19 pm
by DSIGFUSS
No doubt and the the WA WA peddle peddle calms the heart of the most vile giant space worms..

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:57 pm
by Tabs
Hank, no encounter.

Ursula, The Witch House: close and seal gate.

Roland, Celeano: "The shrunken old man smiles toothlessly and offers you a choice of two gifts--either a gilded book or small box."
Choose the book,Draw 3 spells, plus 1 additional Spell for each Clue token you spend. Keep 1 Spell of your choice.
Select the box,You open it, only to find nothing inside. Confused you look up and find that the man has gone. However, if you are [i]cursed[/i] you are [i]blessed[/i].

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy
I hope you're not waiting for me again. I have no encounter this turn either.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:31 am
by Tabs
PM sent.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:13 pm
by Tabs
No changes. Good call sending Patrice after that Clue. I'm going to Independence Square and the Abyss, and I'll get 2 Clues from the Warlock. Between me, Roland, and Silas, we can seal those last three Gates. We can ignore the Rumor, as it won't affect us until after the game is over, but if another Gate opens then Patrice gains 5 Clues and can deal with it.
Yes, we're almost there.... Silas is ready for the ultimate sacrifice (next Upkeep).

Here's a link to a pdf of our (ic) Turn 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S8QNPSF9

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:27 am
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS is on holiday. I'm unsure when he's back, but I'll wait a few days for him to post for Roland and Ursula.

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:52 pm
by Tabs
Monsters at The Witch House:

Image Image

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:44 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Hey guys!

if you cast shrivelling. it says +6 to combat checks for the rest of the combat. Does that mean each combat check for the rest of the round. If Ursula decides to fight the dark young and the star spawn, does she get that bonus for each combat check for both monsters or just one? and would she get the bonus for fighting the shagoth too?

If all this stuff works out Tabs. I'd like to take Ursulas upkeep to move Fight/ Will to 3/2. And cast Voice of Ra as well. That will give me +1 to all checks. Then its time for Ursula to kick ass. If not then she'll run like crazy.

If someone can answer me quick I'll post before I go home.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Casting Shrivelling lasts for one combat, as it says on the card. So she'd have to recast it for each monster she has to fight (in the final battle with the Ancient One, it would have to be recast each round). She can't really afford the Sanity hit, especially with her Will at 1. The Star Spawn would drive her insane automatically if she spends 1 more Sanity. Her only hope is to sneak away . Don't forget that she has the Stealth skill and a few Clue tokens, and Voice of Ra will increase her Sneak skill too. She can borrow from Patrice if she runs out of those, but you might want to leave her with a couple just in case I have to burn Clues in the Abyss before I get a chance to seal the Gate and no new Gate opens to give Patrice an extra 5 Clues.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:11 am
by Tabs
I forgot about the two Shoggoth's in French Hill. So if Ursula Evades the monsters at The Witch House, and then moves, she'll have to Evade the Shoggoths as well--that's four monsters to Evade...hmmm.... How about casting Shrivelling and Combating the Star Spawn, Evading the Dark Young, and not moving from The Witch House?

Combat Star Spawn
Horror check--Ursula would have to burn Clues; she has 3 and Patrice a further 4.
Combat check: cast Shrivelling +6 +4[Fightl] +2[Derringer] -3[Star Spawn] =9d6 and 3 successes are required.
Dark Young
Evade check: +3[Sneak] -2[awareness] =1d6; Ursula's "Stealth" skill allows her to re-roll an Evade check.

This is one option...whatever, Ursula is up against the wall.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:38 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OK! I quickly abondoned the notion of fighting. Went with the Voice of Ra and took off one sanity for casting it.

But passed all my evade checks. Sweeeet!

I think I might have rolled out of turn though with the Shoggoths...

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:42 am
by Mr. Handy
No, it looks like you did everything right. Well done!

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:50 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Tabs wrote:Image

Ha Ha Ha! This guy scares the shit out me out!

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:15 am
by Mr. Handy
It's beginning to look a lot like fishmen...

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:40 am
by Tabs
If only HPL could have realised the influence of his writing...but from what I've read about the man, I reckon he'd detest all of this: games, etc.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:15 am
by Mr. Handy
You never know, he might have gotten a kick out of it. It's too bad he never had the chance to find out.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:58 am
by Tabs
Abyss: "You are lost in the darkness. Pass a Luck (-2) check or lose 1 Sanity and stay here next turn."

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 pm
by DSIGFUSS
Who has to make that roll.

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy
I do.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
Well done! Silas will be missed, but hopefully his sacrifice will not be in vain. Don't forget to draw yourself a new investigator. Since you got devoured in the Upkeep phase, you might even get an Upkeep phase for your new character.

I still think it's not a good idea for Patrice to burn her Clues like that. All sorts of things could go wrong for which Hank would need them, and sitting around Independence Square with an open Gate waiting for her to rack up Clues is not a sure thing. The Deep Ones Rising track could fill up before she gets them. A Gate burst could occur in the ensuing turns, popping one of our other five Elder Signs and possibly costing us the game. We need to win as soon as possible to minimize the risk.

The other issue is that when Patrice spends her 2 Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card, the first player marker goes to Hank. I can't afford to spend Clues to avoid drawing them, as I need them to seal the Gate. This means I'll be drawing at least one Dust card. Hank could get devoured after drawing the second one, and then where will we be?

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:58 pm
by Tabs
Hmmm, but if Patrice saves on the Clues and draws a Dust card, and is devoured herself.... How about Patrice trading in her gate trophy at the Science Building? for the 2 Clues Hank will need next Upkeep.

I'll check the rules and see when the replacement investigator joins in.

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Getting those extra Clues at the Science Building is a good idea, but I'll still have to draw a Dust card next turn if I use even one Clue in my Encounter in the Abyss. Even if I don't, it may be better to just draw the Dust card anyway and save the Clues for my Fight check to shut the Gate, so that we can win the game ASAP. We're only on the second Dust deck, so one card won't kill me.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:05 am
by Tabs
What shall will we do about this veritable spanner in the works? Warlock's are worsippers of Quachil Uttaus, gaining +2 toughness, and the investigator does not gain 2 Clue tokens by defeating a Warlock.
Hank's Turn 8 Movement:
Hank spends 4 movement points to go to Independence Square. He does not need to make an initial Horror check against Warlock. Combat check (Fight 5 + 4 [Shotgun] - 3 [Warlock]) fighting Warlock, Round 1 (6 counts as 2 hits) (6d6.hits(5)=1). The 6 counts as 2 hits, so the Warlock is defeated. Hank gains 2 Clues and Warlock is removed from the game.

Mandy Thompson joins the fight for Arkham. Note that her "Research" ability allows any investigator to re-roll dice rolled for a check that did not result in successes.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:56 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'd like to say I would have tried to Evade the Warlock instead, but I probably would have fought him anyway given my high FIght and Shotgun. I think the best thing to do under the circumstances is for me to take damage and fight a second round against the Warlock, making my Horror check first. At the time my Fight was 5 and my Will was 1. To make up for the Clues I didn't get, I'll have to borrow them from Patrice. I think she wouldn't have spent the 2 Clues to avoid drawing a Dust card had you known about this, so you should be able to save those Clues and draw a Dust card retroactively. Then this turn she can go to the Science Building as planned. During Turn 9's Upkeep, I'll be able to use the Healing Stone as well.

Let me know if this is okay, and I'll edit the changes into my posts.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:16 pm
by Tabs
Yes, that's fine. I'll edit Patrice's Upkeep to show that a Dust card is drawn.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:04 pm
by Mr. Handy
My edits are done! I have 2 less Clues and used my Food, but otherwise everything's the same. Now you can draw the Dust card for Patrice and give her back those 2 Clues she would have spent.

I love Mandy, she's awesome! I think we're in good shape to win now, as long we don't draw a Gate Burst or something for the Mythos phase and my Encounter isn't too bad. However, if a new Gate opens, that ninth Doom token will give Patrice 5 Clues (plus 1 for the Gate itself), which should be more than enough.

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:01 am
by DSIGFUSS
Brutal death Tabs. Good to see though. I hate a game of Arkham where noone is devoured or Lost in Time and Space.

One question and it appies to both Rolad and Ursula. If I have monsters in my space, do I have to evade them to leave?

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:10 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, you'd have to Evade them to move out of the space. You could fight them instead, but that would end your movement. Even if you just stay there, you'll still encounter the monsters when you end your movement.

The only exception to this is that you don't have to encounter monsters on the turn you return to Arkham from an Other World.

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:37 am
by Tabs
Here is the Dust card for Patrice: "'For some reason, that night my dreams were quiet and undisturbed. Perhaps my unseen stalker had moved on to some other poor soul.' Shuffle this card and discards back into the second dust deck. Do not pass the first player token this turn."

Roland's Holy Water should do the trick....

Brutal death Tabs.
I'd grown to like Silas, so I wanted to give him a good send off!

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:18 pm
by Tabs
DSIGFUSS, good job vs. the Ghost, but you forgot the Horror check. Also, Ursula started her movement in Rivertown--so no need to Evade the Shogggoths.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, I noticed those things too last night when I checked the board one last time before going to sleep, but I had no time to post. This means that Ursula can actually go somewhere useful.

Don't forget to draw Mandy's initial Items and Skill (and her Personal Story). Also, she does not have any monster trophies to start. Nothing that Silas had carries over to her.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:46 am
by Tabs
Items drawn. Mandy's personal story is in another box, I can't be bothered to get it, and the game should end next turn....

Rules under Devoured Investigators say, "...discards all of his cards (except unspent trophies)..."

With the battle over, Hank chows down on the bag lunch he had brought with him
He's a very practical lad.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:25 am
by Mr. Handy
Fighting warlocks is hungry work, especially when they have 4 Toughness.

Are you sure there's more than one Healing Stone? I thought there was only one in the box, as there's only one replacement card with the revised text for it that shipped with Dunwich Horror. Hank already has one, so how can Mandy draw another?

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:38 am
by Tabs
I remember--now--that some cards were revised; I must have mixed those cards in the decks and kept the dud cards as well. That is 5 years it has been like that.... [Fetches cards] Oh, I see, only one card says, "Exhaust." New Unique Item: Cultes des Goules.

Graveyard: "Pass a Luck (-2) check to find a valuable clue within your tombstone rubbings. Gain 2 Clue tokens and you may move to any location or street area in Arkham. If you move to a location, immediately have an encounter there."

**I presume that includes any location in Innsmouth?**

The Abyss (other[blue]): "Pass a Luck (-1) check to find something to defend yourself with. Take the first weapon from the Common Item deck."

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:53 am
by Mr. Handy
I think you can read Cultes des Ghouls with your remaining Movement points.

Yes, other city boards such as Innsmouth are included when "Arkham" is mentioned.

Ursula could still have gone somewhere from Rivertown and had an Encounter there.

I'm glad my Encounter won't hinder me. Is there anyone else who needs to have one, or is it my turn?

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:45 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:I think you can read Cultes des Ghouls with your remaining Movement points.

Yes, other city boards such as Innsmouth are included when "Arkham" is mentioned.

Ursula could still have gone somewhere from Rivertown and had an Encounter there.

I'm glad my Encounter won't hinder me. Is there anyone else who needs to have one, or is it my turn?
Okay, reading C. de G., fail.

Roland's shopping list: Map of Arkham, Cavalry Saber or .38 Revolver.

Mr. Handy, Ursula can stay put, so go ahead and have Hank's encounter.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:08 pm
by Tabs
Common Item: .18 Derringer.

Turn 9 Mythos. Gate burst at the Esoteric Order: ho hum! Patrice commits herself to the asylum.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:02 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dagnabbit! :evil: Well, Mandy has the most Clues, so she should probably head for that Gate ASAP (looks like her Personal Story may be needed after all). We don't have much time before either Quachil Uttaus awakens from Doom tokens or the Deep Ones rise up. Patrice actually has 5 Clues now, since you forgot to give her back the 2 she didn't spend on avoiding a Dust card, though I'll need to use at least 2 of them to seal what is now our fifth Gate. We also need to start sweeping Innsmouth of monsters. Hank could get there, and he's stealthy enough to avoid arrest while able to slaughter monsters wholesale, but he only has enough cash to get there, not back. Then again, he doesn't really need to get back. I could have him get deputized first, alternatively. With the Patrol Wagon, he can go back and forth at will.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:25 pm
by Tabs
Okay, +2 Clues to Patrice.

I'll have Mandy head for Innsmouth. If Hank goes as well he can slaughter the monsters and place Clues on the Feds. track (Clue tokens courtesy of Patrice).

I'll update the board tomorrow.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:20 am
by Tabs
He buys the .38 revolver.
Does Roland have enough $s? I just noticed that his investigator sheet says $3--the .38 Revolver costs $4.

Mandy Thompson has just been visited by the Fire Vampire. Could Roland move to the Miskatonic U. and "deal" with it for her?

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
If Roland buys the Cavalry Saber, he'll get back $1 during his Upkeep.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:04 am
by Tabs
Ideas for Ursula.... She could trade her gate at the River Docks for $5 and then shop at the Curiositie Shoppe...or maybe, the Science Building and trade her gate for 2 Clues?

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:19 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'd go for the Clues. They're in short supply, and we need as many as we can get. I'm going to have to borrow at least 2 from Patrice just to seal the Gate this turn, and then next turn I won't have any left to avoid drawing a Dust card.

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:05 am
by Mr. Handy
The board thread doesn't show the Vampire in the Outskirts that was added when Silas was devoured.

It was Roland's and then Ursula's turn anyway, so there's no need to worry about going out of turn.

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:The board thread doesn't show the Vampire in the Outskirts that was added when Silas was devoured.

It was Roland's and then Ursula's turn anyway, so there's no need to worry about going out of turn.
Vampire added to the Outskirts.

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
I hadn't realized that Roland and Ursula had already done their Movement. I saw the Upkeep and thought that was all.

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:48 pm
by Tabs

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:19 am
by Tabs
Well done, Hank! That is the 5th gate sealed; barring gate bursts, one more gate to go.

It's Roland's and Ursula's Turn 10 Arkham Encounter. Roland has nothing to do, but Ursula is trading her gare trophy for 2 Clue tokens at the Science Building; also, if she wishes, Ursula can have an encounter card drawn as well. Let me know, DSIGFUSS.

I'll be away from the end of this week until July.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:02 pm
by trixie
Ursula just changes her panties......lmao!!!!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:42 am
by Tabs
Mandy found an Elder Sign!

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Sweet! We're in good shape now, I think. Hank will go to Church Green and sweep the streets so that Mandy can get to the EOD. Will Mandy give him the Map in addition to a little change while he hands her the Derringer? That way he can have his Sneak one point higher to reduce the risk of arrest. She could make it to the Gate at the Historical Society with her Map too, but there's a Servitor there and there are other monsters in her path, so it pays to avoid it. With the Elder Sign, sealing the Gate to R'lyeh will be automatic anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe someone else can fight or sneak past the Servitor and go to the City of the Great Race. That way we'll have two people on track to seal Gates on Turn 13 just in case one doesn't make it or there's another Gate Burst.

You should probably post Mandy's Personal Story. It may come into play.

By the way, Patrice actually gains 6 Clues: 1 for the Gate opening and 5 for the ninth Doom token.

Can Hank spend 2 of Patrice's Clue tokens to avoid drawing a Dust card? I can't really post my Upkeep until I know about that and whether or not I'm getting the Map.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:39 pm
by Tabs
Yes to everything. $3 + map for the Derringer.

Patrice will pick up the Clue token at the Police Station.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks! I'll keep my Speed at 4, as the Map will give me the fifth movement point I need.

If Roland fights the monsters where he starts, maybe Ursula would have a chance of slipping past the Priest of Dagon blocking her from the Gate in the Historical Society. Otherwise, she can fight it and then go through the Gate in the following turn. Oh, and if she can find a way to defeat both the Priest and the Servitor, she could complete her Personal Story. The problem is, her Sanity and Stamina are so badly hurt that she might not even survive a trip through the City of the Great Race, let alone the monsters in her way. Still, she is the only one who can get through the Gate this turn, unless Roland is very stealthy.

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:42 am
by Tabs
I'll have Roland fight the Mi-Go and Lloigor, I'll check on the Lloigor's stats before I post Roland's Upkeep.

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:41 pm
by Mr. Handy
Ack, I'd completely missed that the Lloigor was there! They have Weapon Immunity, which makes them a real pain to fight, especially with 2 Toughness and -2 Combat. Roland's best bet is to sneak past them (Ursula's too, considering her low Sanity). Both monsters have only +0 Awareness. He does have Mists of Releh if he needs it. Maybe he should slip past them and fight the Priest of Dagon to clear the way to the Gate, or he could Evade him if he still hasn't used the Mists of Releh and enter the Gate himself. The Servitor of the Outer Gods would be a tough fight, but with only +0 Awareness that can be avoided too.

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:51 pm
by Mr. Handy
I forgot that Roland has Wither; it just has the word there instead of a picture of the card. In that case, he should have a chance against the Lloigor. There's no reason Roland can't handle the Mi-Go himself. His weapons should make short work of it. In fact, he should fight the Mi-Go first, both to make sure he takes care of it and to get that Unique Item, which could be useful. If he can take out both monsters, that clears a path for Ursula to get past. If she can't sneak past the Priest of Dagon, she should at least be able to kill it.

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:19 pm
by Tabs
Okay, I was being too timid, I'll increase Ursula's Speed.

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:28 pm
by Mr. Handy
Well, you will need to be careful about Roland's Sanity. He's down to 2 at this point. The Mi-Go shouldn't be too much of a problem there, but the Lloigor could drive him nuts. He may need to borrow Clues from Patrice to make his Horror check.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:20 am
by DSIGFUSS
Woah! I thought we were on Hiatus until mid July!

OK no worries. Sounds like you guys are just cleaning up anyways. I'll read it over and take over Rolands next move.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:05 am
by Mr. Handy
No, it was just until the beginning of July.

You can always write up a description of Roland's battle with the Mi-Go and the Lloigor, and it's Ursula's movement next. If you can't find Trixie, you could post for her yourself.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:14 am
by Tabs
Ursula's Turn 11, Movement. We thought she'd try to enter the gate at the Historical Society. She'll have to Sneak by the Priest of Dagon and the Servitor of the Outer Gods--I'll post the monster tokens. BTW, Ursula could snaffle Mists of Releh off Roland when she passes through Miskatonic U.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
Good idea. Ursula will have to be especially sure she Evades the Servitor, as failure means being devoured. Also the Priest, as if she's caught the damage will knock her out. Luckily she has the Stealth skill, which can be used to reroll after Clues are spent if they don't work, and she has plenty of Clues - plus she can borrow from Patrice if she runs out.

Should Mandy also have the Gate trophy for the one that Silas sealed? Since you keep monster trophies, it would make sense if you could keep Gate trophies as well.

Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 am
by Tabs
Mr. Handy wrote:Should Mandy also have the Gate trophy for the one that Silas sealed? Since you keep monster trophies, it would make sense if you could keep Gate trophies as well.
Yes, I reckon so.
Mandy can have the Powder of Ibn-Ghazi and the Healing Stone if she wants. I ended up not needing them, and she may where she's going.
Thanks.

I'll post any Turn 11 Movements tomorrow.

Mr. Handy, nice post for Hank's Turn 11, Movement. I'll post Mandy's response to his conversation with her, the lady who is "nice and pretty and smart," in her Movement.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:23 pm
by DSIGFUSS
OK. So I'm gonna post Roland's Turn 11 Encounter then. I'll post it as soon as I see Hank's post this weekend. I shouldn't be trusted with Ursula. She's all panty posts to me anyways. lol

Sorry for the low posting on this one lately guys. I've kinda let my Yog accounts fall to the wind. I'll try to keep up.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:42 am
by Tabs
DSIG, Roland doesn't have an encounter, so wait until T12 Upkeep, I'll PM you when it is time for the post.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:50 pm
by DSIGFUSS
cooo. thanks Tabs

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:25 am
by Mr. Handy
May I use 2 Clues from Patrice during my Upkeep towards the Feds Raid Innsmouth track? The Deep Ones are stirring, and we can't let them wake up Quachil Uttaus. During my turn I'll go kill that Maniac before he jumps in the Vortex and makes matters worse.

Also, doesn't the Terror Level also go up by 1 when a monster goes into a Vortex?

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:24 pm
by Tabs
Yes (2 Clues). Terror Level increased, Tom Murphy leaves town.

I took the liberty of spending 2 Clues on behalf of Roland, so as not to draw a Dust card (1 from Roland + 1 from Patrice).

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:48 am
by DSIGFUSS
Sweet. I modified my post and will update character.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 am
by Mr. Handy
Hank is in a street area and has no encounter this turn, so you can go ahead with the Other World encounters.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:53 pm
by Tabs
I muddled Ursula's Other World Encounter, it s/be City of the Great Race and not The Abyss; however, it wasn't a good encounter....

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:05 am
by DSIGFUSS
Hey whats the doom track at now? Do you guys think we're gonna win before we hit the end? I'm actually looking forward to fighting the big bad at the end. haven't had that happen yet!

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:11 am
by Mr. Handy
The Doom Track is at 10 (out of 12 - you can see it in the Ancient One thread), and yes, we're going to win. Mandy survived her encounters in R'lyeh, and next turn she can return and use her Elder Sign to automatically seal the sixth and final Gate. It's just as well we don't have to fight Quachil Uttaus. He has Physical and Magical Immunity and he devours one investigator per turn. Even with Hank at Fight 5 using his Shotgun (which doesn't provide the +4 but does cause double damage on every 6), we'd still lose.

Don't forget to adjust the player order and get rid of two Allies (one from the Terror Level increase and one from the Southside Strangler).

By the way, I got Miskatonic Horror at Dexcon. It's a large expansion, but it doesn't add another board, only cards and tokens. It's basically an "expansion expansion" and adds cards to every other expansion, though it also adds some things to the base game. There's also a revised edition of Curse of the Dark Pharaoh which adds Exhibit Encounters and a Herald to the original expansion, but I didn't get that yet. I have the original, and I don't know if it's worth $25 just for the stuff that was added. It would be nice if they had a pack with just the new stuff for a lot less for those of us who already bought the original expansion (which only had a list price of $20, and for which I paid $18).

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 am
by Tabs
Our victory is only a formality now. Once Mandy seals the gate to R'lyeh the game is won and Quachil Uttaus is beat. I've got one final post for Patrice which I'll add afterwards, anyone else is welcome to do likewise.

I got Miskatonic Horror at Dexcon.
I'm waiting on Mr. Postman for mine.

Any games of Arkham Horror being played at Dexcon?

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy
I haven't had a chance to actually play Miskatonic Horror yet, but maybe I'll get the chance this weekend. My plan is to play just the base game plus Miskatonic Horror first, then try it with just one additional expansion at a time for each of the other expansions. That'll take quite some time. One day I want to play a mammoth game with all of the expansions at once.

There were games of Arkham Horror at Dexcon, but they were only in the midnight to 4 AM timeslots, and I really needed my sleep. I did play Arkham Horror at Dexcon two years ago.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:56 am
by Tabs
I got my copy of the game,--and I'm delighted with it--but the box is humungous compared to the contents....
My plan is....
Yeah, I want to try something similar.

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:00 pm
by Mr. Handy
Well done, everyone! Our final score is:

12 [Quachil Uttaus] - 2 [Terror level] - 1 [1 Elder Sign played] + 6 [6 unspent Gate trophies] + 6 [18 unspent Monster trophies] + 5 [5 sane, surviving investigators] = 26

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 am
by DSIGFUSS
Nice game guys.. I still hope we play one where we figh tthe big bad at the end some time.

And I'm a board-game-aholic Handy... If you ever play a wicked game of something at one of these game conventions, I'd like to hear about it. I usually just go by what boardgamegeek.com says and buy buy buy.. reccomendations are always appreciated.

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 am
by DSIGFUSS
Nice game guys.. I still hope we play one where we figh tthe big bad at the end some time.

And I'm a board-game-aholic Handy... If you ever play a wicked game of something at one of these game conventions, I'd like to hear about it. I usually just go by what boardgamegeek.com says and buy buy buy.. reccomendations are always appreciated.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy
If we're ever going to fight the Ancient One, it should be one we actually have a chance of beating! ;)

I got to play two games of Star Wars Epic Duels my first night at Dexcon. They were 2 vs. 2 team games, Light Side against Dark Side. I was on the same team as the person who had brought the game in and was running it. In the first game, we were the Dark Side. I played Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers, and he was Jango Fett and Xen. The two Light Side players were Yoda and Mace Windu, each with a couple of Clone Troopers. My Force Choke cards, which kept coming up, made quick work of the clones, but I was getting my butt kicked by the big guys and got knocked down to 1 HP (I started with 20) and stunned. Yoda was looming over me. I managed to stand up and attacked him with my last card and action. He only had one card in his hand, but he didn't use it to defend (probably because he planned to attack with it). My card was "All Too Easy," which does 3 damage normally, but it does 20 damage if it isn't defended. Boom! I one-shotted Yoda. :twisted: My partner and I managed to polish off Mace, and Darth Vader survived to boot. So did one of his Stormtroopers.

The second game wasn't as dramatic, but we kicked butt in that one too. The outcome was never in any doubt. This time my team was the Light Side. I played Luke and Leia, and my teammate was Han Solo and Chewbacca. Our opponents were Darth Maul with two Battle Droids, and Boba Fett and Greedo. My initial hand was three of the same card: Children of the Force, which let me make crazy big moves with both Luke and Leia and draw two new cards. This let me fill my hand with good stuff rather quickly. Han shot Greedo first, appropriately, but it was Leia who finished him off. As Luke I got to use the card I Will Not Fight You to good effect after I played my good attack cards to flush the good attack cards out of my opponents' hands. In the end, I clobbered Darth Maul, finishing him off with a card that only did 1 damage when he was down to 1 HP.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:54 pm
by Raiko
I'm moving this game to the Hall of Fame shortly at the request of Tabs.

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:26 pm
by Mr. Handy
And we're back! At the request of Tabs, I've revived this game from the Hall of Fame so we can play again. I created a new subforum for the game we had completed. Tabs, you can move all of these threads there when you're ready, or I can do it for you. Then the main forum will be clear for the new game.