Innsmouth Horror (ooc)

The sleepy seaside town of Innsmouth harbors a dark secret. The diabolical Deep Ones have infiltrated and taken over, led by the Marsh family. With the aid of Mother Hydra, they plan to bring forth Quachil Uttaus, which will spell doom for us all unless a small band of unlikely heroes can uncover and thwart their schemes.

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Innsmouth Horror (ooc)

Post by Tabs »

Yes (2 Clues). Terror Level increased, Tom Murphy leaves town.

I took the liberty of spending 2 Clues on behalf of Roland, so as not to draw a Dust card (1 from Roland + 1 from Patrice).
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sweet. I modified my post and will update character.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Hank is in a street area and has no encounter this turn, so you can go ahead with the Other World encounters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I muddled Ursula's Other World Encounter, it s/be City of the Great Race and not The Abyss; however, it wasn't a good encounter....
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Hey whats the doom track at now? Do you guys think we're gonna win before we hit the end? I'm actually looking forward to fighting the big bad at the end. haven't had that happen yet!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Doom Track is at 10 (out of 12 - you can see it in the Ancient One thread), and yes, we're going to win. Mandy survived her encounters in R'lyeh, and next turn she can return and use her Elder Sign to automatically seal the sixth and final Gate. It's just as well we don't have to fight Quachil Uttaus. He has Physical and Magical Immunity and he devours one investigator per turn. Even with Hank at Fight 5 using his Shotgun (which doesn't provide the +4 but does cause double damage on every 6), we'd still lose.

Don't forget to adjust the player order and get rid of two Allies (one from the Terror Level increase and one from the Southside Strangler).

By the way, I got Miskatonic Horror at Dexcon. It's a large expansion, but it doesn't add another board, only cards and tokens. It's basically an "expansion expansion" and adds cards to every other expansion, though it also adds some things to the base game. There's also a revised edition of Curse of the Dark Pharaoh which adds Exhibit Encounters and a Herald to the original expansion, but I didn't get that yet. I have the original, and I don't know if it's worth $25 just for the stuff that was added. It would be nice if they had a pack with just the new stuff for a lot less for those of us who already bought the original expansion (which only had a list price of $20, and for which I paid $18).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Our victory is only a formality now. Once Mandy seals the gate to R'lyeh the game is won and Quachil Uttaus is beat. I've got one final post for Patrice which I'll add afterwards, anyone else is welcome to do likewise.

I got Miskatonic Horror at Dexcon.
I'm waiting on Mr. Postman for mine.

Any games of Arkham Horror being played at Dexcon?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I haven't had a chance to actually play Miskatonic Horror yet, but maybe I'll get the chance this weekend. My plan is to play just the base game plus Miskatonic Horror first, then try it with just one additional expansion at a time for each of the other expansions. That'll take quite some time. One day I want to play a mammoth game with all of the expansions at once.

There were games of Arkham Horror at Dexcon, but they were only in the midnight to 4 AM timeslots, and I really needed my sleep. I did play Arkham Horror at Dexcon two years ago.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I got my copy of the game,--and I'm delighted with it--but the box is humungous compared to the contents....
My plan is....
Yeah, I want to try something similar.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Well done, everyone! Our final score is:

12 [Quachil Uttaus] - 2 [Terror level] - 1 [1 Elder Sign played] + 6 [6 unspent Gate trophies] + 6 [18 unspent Monster trophies] + 5 [5 sane, surviving investigators] = 26
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nice game guys.. I still hope we play one where we figh tthe big bad at the end some time.

And I'm a board-game-aholic Handy... If you ever play a wicked game of something at one of these game conventions, I'd like to hear about it. I usually just go by what boardgamegeek.com says and buy buy buy.. reccomendations are always appreciated.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nice game guys.. I still hope we play one where we figh tthe big bad at the end some time.

And I'm a board-game-aholic Handy... If you ever play a wicked game of something at one of these game conventions, I'd like to hear about it. I usually just go by what boardgamegeek.com says and buy buy buy.. reccomendations are always appreciated.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

If we're ever going to fight the Ancient One, it should be one we actually have a chance of beating! ;)

I got to play two games of Star Wars Epic Duels my first night at Dexcon. They were 2 vs. 2 team games, Light Side against Dark Side. I was on the same team as the person who had brought the game in and was running it. In the first game, we were the Dark Side. I played Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers, and he was Jango Fett and Xen. The two Light Side players were Yoda and Mace Windu, each with a couple of Clone Troopers. My Force Choke cards, which kept coming up, made quick work of the clones, but I was getting my butt kicked by the big guys and got knocked down to 1 HP (I started with 20) and stunned. Yoda was looming over me. I managed to stand up and attacked him with my last card and action. He only had one card in his hand, but he didn't use it to defend (probably because he planned to attack with it). My card was "All Too Easy," which does 3 damage normally, but it does 20 damage if it isn't defended. Boom! I one-shotted Yoda. :twisted: My partner and I managed to polish off Mace, and Darth Vader survived to boot. So did one of his Stormtroopers.

The second game wasn't as dramatic, but we kicked butt in that one too. The outcome was never in any doubt. This time my team was the Light Side. I played Luke and Leia, and my teammate was Han Solo and Chewbacca. Our opponents were Darth Maul with two Battle Droids, and Boba Fett and Greedo. My initial hand was three of the same card: Children of the Force, which let me make crazy big moves with both Luke and Leia and draw two new cards. This let me fill my hand with good stuff rather quickly. Han shot Greedo first, appropriately, but it was Leia who finished him off. As Luke I got to use the card I Will Not Fight You to good effect after I played my good attack cards to flush the good attack cards out of my opponents' hands. In the end, I clobbered Darth Maul, finishing him off with a card that only did 1 damage when he was down to 1 HP.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Raiko »

I'm moving this game to the Hall of Fame shortly at the request of Tabs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

And we're back! At the request of Tabs, I've revived this game from the Hall of Fame so we can play again. I created a new subforum for the game we had completed. Tabs, you can move all of these threads there when you're ready, or I can do it for you. Then the main forum will be clear for the new game.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4 - The Shadow Over Innsmouth”