Innsmouth Horror (ooc)

The sleepy seaside town of Innsmouth harbors a dark secret. The diabolical Deep Ones have infiltrated and taken over, led by the Marsh family. With the aid of Mother Hydra, they plan to bring forth Quachil Uttaus, which will spell doom for us all unless a small band of unlikely heroes can uncover and thwart their schemes.

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Innsmouth Horror (ooc)

Post by Tabs »

DSIGFUSS wrote:Hey, I was going to buy that board game last month Tabs. Is it fun?
Don't know yet--I'm still drooling over the components. :)
We should compare notes on board games... Anyone else chime in if they have any favorites or would like to know if any of the games I have are good. Some are.. Some aren't... I'm a sucker for a board game that looks good.

The games I have are.

Carcassone (ALL Expansions)
Settlers of Catan
Tanhauser
Star Wars Miniatures
Heroclix
Ninja Burger
Taluva
Arkham Horror
Hero Quest
Wings of War
Munchin Quest

I'm looking to buy a few new boardgames. Any suggestions?
I've thought about buying Tannhauser purely because it looks cool, which is why I bought Incursion--a miniatures/stratego type of game. It's got a similar theme to Tannhauser, but darker and sexier (unless you're Jewish, of course).

We've all got Wings of War, it'd be fun to play that online--I see myself as Captain Bigglesworth.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

I could hook you up with Tannhauser Tabs, I got it 2 and it never gets played. HA! Its a great game...even has a dvd.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

I like Tannhauser. It has a very simple targeting mechanic based on colored circles that is sweet. My color blind buddy has a hard time with it but we all played it for a while and liked it. I haven't bought the expansion set yet but they look rad.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

game wise. I think Roland will be heading to the historical society to pick up the clue token.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Hank will head to The Unnamable to grab that Clue token.

I've seen Tannhauser, and it looks awesome, but I've never played it. If there were solitaire rules for it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

DSIGFUSS wrote:game wise. I think Roland will be heading to the historical society to pick up the clue token.
Okay.

trixie wrote:I could hook you up with Tannhauser Tabs, I got it 2 and it never gets played. HA! Its a great game...even has a dvd.
Are you suggesting I buy the game from you? I'm tempted, but the postage cost from Canada to the UK would be huge.

What are your plans for Ursula this turn? I've been looking at the game board and Ursula could move to the General Store, Patrice can get there so not only can they trade--Patrice's cash for Ursula's tomes; the girls can also partake of some "retail therapy".

We Samsons gotta look after ourselves.
That's the spirit! Trust nobody.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tabs wrote:
Are you suggesting I buy the game from you? I'm tempted, but the postage cost from Canada to the UK would be huge.

Ha Ha! Actually I beleive the scoundrel known as Trixie is suggesting that you buy my copy of Tannhauser. Which is not for sale. lol What a little gangster eh? ... lol :P
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Ya! We got a sale on all the games....black market of course! :lol: Just tryna get Dsig's goat considering he stole my game idea...always asking me where I'm headed then goes first and takes my spot. :evil: Death!
What are your plans for Ursula this turn? I've been looking at the game board and Ursula could move to the General Store, Patrice can get there so not only can they trade--Patrice's cash for Ursula's tomes; the girls can also partake of some "retail therapy".
I'm thinking graveyard but that sounds fun too....hehe I'm well practiced in 'retail therapy'. lol
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

The Graveyard is good for Patrice as well. I want those Tomes off of Ursula. :)
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

I'd only part with the King in Yellow....but Ursula could use some girl talk for sure. I want that clue token. :mrgreen:
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

It is Ursula's movement now, General Store or Graveyard is good for Patrice. I had the idea that when Patrice meets up with Ursula they could roleplay a conversation?
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Sure sounds cool, back and forth you mean...pbp? We'll hafta hold off whoever's after us (or is it you). I'll try to reply swiftly.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

trixie wrote:Sure sounds cool, back and forth you mean...pbp? .
Yes.

Mr. Handy is up next, if he wishes to post for Hank that's cool. I'll edit any conversation between Patrice and Ursula and slot it into Patrice's post.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

DSIGFUSS's Arkham Encounter

Historical Society (Innsmouth): The society is discarding what it calls a "taxidermist's trick." Draw a monster from the cup and claim it as a trophy.

Ghoul (1 toughness)

trixie, Patrice buys the King in Yellow from Ursula for $2. Ursula now has $3, she can shop and use her "Quick-witted" ability--she may have an encounter as well, or do either.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

DSIGFUSS, for a moment I was fooled by the ghoul,--as well as Roland--I thought the ghoul was about to attack.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ha Ha! If Roland had to take the free bee on that one... How else does one collect a free monster token?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

So am I right that Ursala's upkeep phase is next as we move into the next turn. After the Mysthos card is drawn of course.

Also.. How bad are these dust cards? We keep on spending alot of clue token that we could be using to seal gates avoiding them. What is an example of one?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Well, I still have to have my encounter, which I'm about to do.

How bad are the Dust cards? Well, with the worst one, the first player is devoured. That's not until the third deck of four Dust cards, though. Each deck has four cards, and there's one in each of the first two that causes that entire deck to be discarded. Each deck also has a card to reshuffle the deck (including any previously drawn Dust cards), a card that costs the first player 1 Sanity, and (for the first two decks at least) a card where nothing happens. It doesn't pay to spend Clues every turn, but at least we've bought ourselves a little time.

My Arkham Encounter is: "A hideous monster appears!" (Innsmouth) I need another monster drawn from the cup, please.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Re. Dust cards: I've never read them! We are still flush with Clue tokens, so I think Ursula ought to spend 2 to prevent a draw from the dust deck.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That's up to her, but if she spends 2 Clues now, that won't leave her enough to seal a Gate - though she could always "borrow" one from Patrice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 4 - The Shadow Over Innsmouth”