Innsmouth Horror (ic)

The sleepy seaside town of Innsmouth harbors a dark secret. The diabolical Deep Ones have infiltrated and taken over, led by the Marsh family. With the aid of Mother Hydra, they plan to bring forth Quachil Uttaus, which will spell doom for us all unless a small band of unlikely heroes can uncover and thwart their schemes.

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Re: Innsmouth Horror (ic)

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Upkeep
ooc,Speed<1 Sneak>4

Silas tightens his canvas belt and whistles through a broken tooth.

"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Upkeep
ooc,No changes.

Patrice straightens the shoulder loop of her chemise and hums softly.

"Blue moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own...."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 2 Movement
Hibb's Roadhouse->Train Station
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 4 movement points going to the Train Station. I'll be unable to draw an Arkham Encounter by the time my turn rolls around, as I'll be leaving in about 18 hours. I'll have very limited Internet access for the 11 days after that. If you have to go ahead without me, I intend to spend 5 Clues to pass my personal story in the Upkeep phase of Turn 3. After that, I'll probably go to Innsmouth and start scooping up the Clues there.
Hank hurries out of the roadhouse and then heads downtown, following the directions on the map he had read in one of the old journals. He makes his way to Northside and soon finds the station. He watches, fascinated, as a train pulls in to one of the platforms, belching smoke from its stack. "Choo-choo!" says Hank, excited. He begins to look around for his father.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 2 Movement
Curiosity Shoppe >> North Side>> Merchant District >> Miskatonic U >>Science Building
ooc,-Roland casts Mists of Releh to avoid the Dhole. (Awareness -1 Lore: 5(With Malone))Roll 4 dice. rolled 6/5/1/3 - Pass Roland collects 2 clue tokens at the science building. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2883620/
Roland sighs deeply when Malone describes the long walk ahead of them.

This damn town should have a transit system or at least a bloody cab company. All this hoofing around is for the birds.

Then just as the two lawmen and their monkey cross from Northside into the Merchant district, Roland's jaw drops in terrified awe. A massive worm shaped beast towered over the street side buildings like some deranged father figure.

Odin's sac Malone! Do you see it?

Down sir! Quickly!

Malone quickly pulls Roland down behind a parked car and fumbles through his journal, flipping the pages wildly. After a few choice Sumerian sentences, the two disappear in a cloud of acrid yellow smoke.

Roland feels his soul leak out through his colon as they suddenly reappear in the science building surrounded by screaming caged monkeys.

Ah here we are....
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

Turn 2 Movement
OC Ursula moves to the Silver Twilight Lodge

Ursula steps into the lodge and breaths a sigh of relief.

She waits patiently for the front desk clerk to finish with the guest ahead of her in line, peeking out the front door to see if she'd catch glimpse of the reverend bustling past.

"Funny place for a lodge, don't you think? With the heathens right next door?"

The clerk gives her a wry smile and nods. "Will it be a room for the night?"

"Yes I think so, but I likely shant get a wink." She rustles in her bag, adding, "I hardly sleep when I travel."

The bellhop arrives behind her with a bag in tow, "Yes sir, right this way Mister Montgomery, would you like me to hail you a cab?"

"Not to bother, I can walk, not far to go!" the man bellowed, and Ursula turned to get a better look. The man was dressed elegantly in top hat and suit, shined shoes and a long moustache. His hat pulled down over his forehead seemed to hide his identity somewhat. Simple white gloves and a cane further added to his galantry.

"Well good evening then sir!" The bellhop smiled, passing him his bag, and holding the door open wide.

Ursula gaped at the fellow as he walked to the left, in the direction of the witch's house.

When he'd gone, she turned back to the clerk. "About that room, I'd really like a window, maybe on the second floor. I can only sleep if its facing the east. I don't know why..." she laughed nervously, clutching her bag tightly to expose white knuckles.
Last edited by trixie on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Movement
Merchant District -> Unvisited Isle
ooc,Evade check vs Dhole: Sneak 4 +1[Dark Cloak] +1[Blackest Night environment] -1[Dhole awrareness] =5d6: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2895665/]Evade check vs Dhole (1d6=5, 1d6=1, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=2)[/url].

Silas unbuttons his fly, then passes water down the steps of a basement flat--one of the poor dwellings in the Merchant District--the basement flat is beneath a warehouse for Robertson's Jam, painted on to the warehouse wall is a grinning golliwog beating a pink drum; beneath it one of the disaffected has daubed a slogan, the graffiti reads: Black is beautiful.

Muffled shouting draws Silas' attention to a grimy window beside the basement steps, a blue-rinse slattern is annoyed by someone. Silas directs his stream upon the window where it thunders like Niagara Falls in a most gratifying way.

Voices. A G-Man and a bog-trotter with a monkey on his shoulder hove into view. Silas hears something about "Odin's sac", and is astonished when they vanish within a puff of mist; he stands, mouth agape, manhood dribbling upon his boot.

"What the f--"

A worm--the thickness of a sewage pipe and hundreds of yards long--is plunging, burrowing into the paving slabs, then bursting forth and leaping into the air. Silas looks to his cavalry saber, but immediately discounts the idea of a suicidal charge at the worm. He pours the contents of his kit bag out, snatching up the cloak which has a peculiar colour like oil on water. Wearing the cloak and whispering a prayer to Odin and whoever else may be listening Silas steals away. Joseph and his coat of many colours lives on in the guise of a seaman from Gloucester, MA.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Movement
Newspaper -> Independence Square
ooc,Patrice uses 3 movement points, and picks up the Clue token at Independence Square.

"...Blue moon
You knew just what I was there for
You heard me sayin' a prayer for
Someone I really could care for..."

Independence Square: a monument to misguided town planning: a celebration of the foolish war of 1775--or so it had stated in the journal United Amateur.

Over beside the fountain in the Square's centre Patrice spies several gaudy caravans in a corral: the gypsies.

"If I can overhear something, some gossip of use to the Arkham Advertiser, maybe that lech of a sub-editor will pay me handsomely."

Casually, Patrice walks towards the gypsy camp, when no one is in sight she nips across to a caravan and stands with her back to a wooden awning; next, Patrice slides along until she is near to the caravan's steps. Madam Mina--the gypsy princess--is speaking.

"...and if those bastard reporters from that newspaper come here again, you know what to do don't you, Lucreez?"

"Take them to the woods and feed them to the pigs."

"Yes! Good boy."

Patrice claps a hand to her mouth and sinks down upon jelly knees; her nose is inches away from the hocks of a chestnut pony. She tentatively glances downward: she is kneeling in moist malodorous lumps.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Train Station
OOC,"Pay $2 at the Railroad Office to claim an item..." [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2904305/]Roll to see if I get a Unique Item instead of a Common Item (1d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [b]Hank[/b] pays $2 to claim an item and gets a Common Item.
While looking for his father, Hank wanders into the Railroad Office. A man in a black cap stands behind a desk, on top of which rests an open box containing a variety of things.

"Hey, mister," says Hank. "What's this box for?"

"It's the lost and found," says the man. "If you've lost anything, see if it's in the box and you can claim it back."

"Well, I did lose my Pa. But he couldn't be in here. He's too tall." Still, Hank is curious enough to look through the objects in the box. He fishes something out. "This looks interesting."

"You want it? Two bucks."

"But...doesn't it belong to someone?"

"Pay me the two bucks, and it belongs to you. Finders keepers."

"But I didn't find it."

"Look, kid, do you want it or not?"

"Uh, I guess so." Hank pulls some coins out of his pocket and pays the man, claiming his prize.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 2 Encounter
Science Building
ooc,-rolled a 4, 6 6 success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2907418/ gate at the unvisited isle is closed. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2907439/ -
Wandering through the halls of the science building, Roland spots the flickering of strange lights coming from an open door. His investigator's instinct is far too strong to ignore this tell tale sign of trouble so he steps into the room with the confidence of a veteran plumber.

The scene before him could only be described as whimsical chaos.

Two long haired men in white lab coats pounded frantically on a metal hose with big black rubber hammers. The hose was losely connected to a bulb covered giant toaster with flashing clocks and spinning dials that would put the set of the Starship Enterprise to shame.

Roland cries out.

Good God man!! What in Kentucky's name are you playing at?

One of the long haired scientists stopped for a second to stare up at Roland. His eyes were wide and crazed. He had white powder glazed over and under his right nostril. Roland then glanced to the table behind all this insanity and saw the tell tale signs of popular pharmaceutical drug abuse. White lines scattered over a silver mirror. Little bags of questionable powder. Small pipes of questionable use...

Rolands eyes narrowed.

Users!

Roland could feel the pressure building in the room. Seeing Rolands badge flash in the chaotic light, one of the students dropped the hammer and ran. The other scientist stared at Roland blamkly.

It's gonna blow unless we can break the seal.

Roland shakes his head and pulls out his revolver. He fires at the hose and is rewarded with a hiss as the Ectoplasm of the universe suddenly drains into the flashing blinking beeping toaster.

In the distance Roland hears a loud series of pops. Like a spiney demon being buggered by a army of balloon shaped puppies.
ooc,- rolled a 5 and a 4. The gate at the Unvisited isle is closed. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2907439/
After everone settles down Malone steps forward wiping a small amount of ejaculate from the shoulder of his tweed jacket.

Do you want this monkey!

Roland grins.

Take the monkey.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Ursula makes her way down the hall with the bellhop still struggling to carry her overwhelming bags in the lobby. Ornate hallways and rooms of murmuring men and cigar smoke dwindle. She pauses, curiously, at a particularly distinguished vase with a lid.

One would think it would contain flowers.

She runs a finger down the porcelain jug, admiring the delicate paint and textured edges, and little gold flecks adorning the beautiful urn, then pauses as she feels a strange gloomy presence suddenly surround her. She steps back, eyes wide, startled and gasps for air.

Luck -1 check, rolled a 6, pass.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Unvisited Isle (Innsmouth): You find carvings on a standing stone etched in an ancient tongue but by a modern hand. Make a Lore (-1) check and gain 1 Clue token per success.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2917339/]Read carvings? (1d6=2)[/url].

Silas tramples the reeds underfoot, sticking to the marshy bank of the island and avoiding the tightly packed bulrushes; he knows the carpet of bulrushes float upon the Miskatonic River and will suck in and entangle a careless man. A bird bursts forth from the undergrowth, only, it flies straight upwards with terrific speed where it is hidden by cloud: a daytime shooting star.

Willow trees ring a hollow, in between each tree trunk is a solitairy flower. Silas pauses in his march, a boot poised above an exquisite iris, then he treads with unneccessary violence and snaps the iris stem. The hollow is partly full of stagnant water, and in its centre is a menhir like one from Carnac, Brittany; the menhir is surrounded by a soup of last fall's decaying leaves. Silas wades into the water and seizes hold of the menhir, then he rests his forehead against the cold stone; it is as if he is trying to commune with time; he pulls away, laughing harshly at his schoolboy wish. Someone has scratched at the menhir with childish symbols; Silas wonders who the young vandal could be.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Arkham Encounter
Independence Square: A pair of friendly picknickers share their lunch with you. Gain 1 Stamina.

The elderly couple smile up at Patrice.

"Would you care for a ham sandwich, young lady?"

"Thank you." Patrice nibbles at the corner of the bread. The woman leans forward to inspect Patrice's skirt.

"You appear to have straw and mud stuck to you, here, allow me." Before Patrice can stop the woman she has plucked at the straw; she rubs the mud between her thumb and forefinger, then brings her finger to her nose, the woman jerks it away with a look of disgust upon her face.

"Horse shit!"

Patrice swiftly walks away.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 2 Mythos

The Ancient One's Servants (Innsmouth)

Gate: Yuggoth @ Marsh Refinery
Doom token added to doom track.
Monsters: Maniac & Dark Young
Movement: Dhole -> Northside
Clue: Y'ha-nthlei
Headline: If a Cultist is in play add 1 doom token.

Patrice gains 1 Clue token from her "Ominous Dreams" ability.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 3 Upkeep
Science Building
ooc,-spent 2 clue token to avoid drawing a dust card. Got 1 clue token for Upkeep. Total 2 clue token. No changes-
Roland sits on the steps of the Science Building with his partner Malone and sighs. The monkey hops onto Roland's shoulder,removes his Fedora and begins to look for bugs in the frustrated detective's hair.

Malone chuckles..

They wouldn't take the monkey sir..

Shut up Malone!
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Turn 3 Upkeep : No changes

Ursula can't wait to leave the Inn after such a deceptively dark shoulder rub with a spooky vase. She stands outside, draws a ragged breath in, and pulls her lucky cigarette case out. Her hands shake as she lights her cigarette, and her eyes flit on the traffic in the street.

Where next....I thought I'd be further into the cultist thick by now.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Upkeep
ooc,Speed>2 Sneak<3, Lore<1 Luck>3

Silas slides his birchbark kayak from out under the reeds on the island's bank, clambers in and begins paddling down the Miskatonic to the open sea. He'll follow the coastline to the town of Innsmouth.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 3 Upkeep
ooc,Speed>4 Sneak<1

"I may report those gypsies at the Police Station or I may go for a wander to Rivertown--clear the air around me, so to speak."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Turn 3 Upkeep
Train Station
OOC,[b]Hank[/b] spends 5 Clue tokens to place There's Pa! in play and gains Pa as an Ally. He increases his Sneak from 1 to 3 and decreases his Speed from 5 to 3.
Hank searches around the station some more for his father. Finally, he looks inside an old warehouse that reeks of fish and is filled with crates and finds his father bound and gagged among them.

"Pa!" cries Hank, rushing over to him and untying him. "Pa, are you all right?"

"I am now, son," says Pa, brushing himself off and standing up, "thanks to you. You did real good, Hank. I'm mighty proud of you."

"Pa, look what I found!" Hank shows him the shotgun.

Pa nods grimly. "You hold onto that, son. I have a feeling you're going to need it."

"How did you get tied up?"

"A bunch of fishy-smelling - and looking - guys jumped me when I went outside for some air. They'd seen me buying those old books about Arkham, and they thought I knew more than I did. They tied me up and were going to ship me to Innsmouth, where they're from. If you hadn't come along..." He shudders.

"One of those fishy guys came after me, too, but I decked him good. What do we do now, Pa?"

"Way I see it, we need more information. Going to Innsmouth is too risky, at least right now. Maybe when we know more. Besides, we'd need money for bus fare."

"Should we go to the police?"

"No, son, the police can't help us. We Samsons gotta look after ourselves."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Turn 2 Movement
Science Building>> Miskatonic U >>Uptown>>Southside>> Historical Society

Roland hands Malone the monkey and walks with his partner throgh the dark streets of Arkham. He keeps his eyes trained to the skies as he looks for the hellish worm he had seen just a short while ago. The night air is pleasing... The smell reminds him of his home streets of...

Awwwww.. Did that little bastard just shit on your lapel Malone?

I believe he did sir... Shall I shoot it?

Nah Just keep a few paces back Malone. Maybe we can find some old articles or something at the Historical Society. Find out what exactlythis town is up to aside from housing illegal animals without a permit.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Spoiler:
OOC, I've changed my mind...would enjoy a few new picks from the deck. So I'll be headed to the General Store after all.
Ursula walks ahead with thoughts swirling of tantrics and spells and lazily smokes her cigarette while pondering it over. She seems oblivious to her surroundings, clutching her book tightly and making her way to the General Store.

Return to “Episode 4 - The Shadow Over Innsmouth”