IC-Ep 3-Iron Fist(Everyone else)

After a confrontation, the Mi-Go demands that all humans evacuate from Pluto and is exchanged for Lt. Colonel Bruce. As preparations to leave get underway, loyalties are tested and divsions come to a head.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Iron Fist(Everyone else)

Post by jaysun81 »

Sanity Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3489945/]Sanity - 68% (1d100=99)[/url]
Sanity Loss,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3489957/]Sanity Loss (1d6=1)[/url]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Alison, though a little shaken, keeps her composure. She lowers her gun, but does not holster it. Alison only glances at Colonel Patel's body before looking away and moving closer to Robert. "It's okay Rob. We did what we had to do. We can evacuate now - we're safe, we won't die on this rock." Alison puts her hand on Robert's back to comfort him and looks around the room - taking a moment to assess any other danger from the crew and visitors before looking at Lt. Colonel Bruce for orders. Alison's eyes carefully avoid the body and the pool of blood quickly gathering around it.
Sanity,Sanity roll vs. 49 = 36. Pass. Lose only 1 SAN http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3490648/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=44697#p44697]This post[/url] has step by step instructions for using Invisible Castle and embedding links in text. The instructions are out of date, as the site has had some changes since then. You now need to register in order to put information in the Note field, but registration is free. There is also now a Campaign Name field, so you can just put the name of your character in the Character Name text box and the name of the game in the Campaign Name text box, as you'll see in the links i'm putting in this post.
Juliette Desjardins,You're not close enough to him; you're about fifty feet away, and he can probably bend down and get it before you reach it. However, he's moving slowly, not diving for it.
The brutal killing was too much for Brook. She was shaken, but she was able to maintain her composure. While Lucius was from a time when political killings were not unheard of, seeing it right in front of him was different - not to mention that the weapons used were those horrid "boomsticks." He was affected too, but not enough to unhinge him. Even Story was a bit disturbed by the sudden violence.

Heinrich Kohl was also shocked. Colonel Patel had warned him this would happen, but he hadn't listened. Was he responsible for her death? Would he be next? He was bothered deeply, but he couldn't waste too much time dwelling on it.

"Quite right, Private Silver," said General Pryce. "You were doing your jobs, and you did them well. I am in command again now, and the evacuation shall resume. When we reach the docking bay, I will try to smooth things over with the Mi-Go." He spoke into his radio. "Lt. Rose, this is General Pryce. Colonel Patel has been executed for treason and mutiny, and I am in command. Make an announcement to the entire base to that effect, and instruct all personnel to report to the docking bay for evacuation, and that it will be depressurized. Depressurize the bay and open the dome. Then join us there yourself."

Lt. Colonel Bruce knelt down slowly and retrieved his dropped weapon. He held it in his hand as he rose, but it was pointed at the floor. "Sergeant Kohl, now perhaps you can explain why you and Captain Bauer were accompanying Colonel Patel."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story puts his arm around Brook's shoulder. "It's alright... we will get out of this." Smiles and then looks over at both Elizabeth and Lucius before turning his attention back to Brook. "I'm not sure what's happening here but something strange, and unsettling is occurring here and now. It has to either be some form of brainwashing or mind control." Shakes head. "Perhaps it would be best if we depart sooner rather than later..."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Karin walks over and crouches down by Colonel Patel but there is obviously nothing she can do. "We'll have to bag the body up before evacuation." She looks up at Lt. Colonel Bruce. "Sir, it would be best if you would submit to a quick medical examination before evac; I have to eliminate the necessity of quarantine. It won't take long." Karin is troubled that she hasn't the necessary expertise or equipment to deal with 'psycho-superiors' as she has quietly termed the worrying tendency of the upper echelons of the command to act abnormally.
OOC,I can't remember if Karin knows if Story is a doctor or whether she would consider going to him for advice.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth walks to stand beside Story. "This place is becoming increasingly alarming," she says quietly to him. "I fear what might happen next."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Whoops, I completely forgot that [b]Karin[/b] went to examine the colonel's body. She doesn't know that [b]Story[/b] is a doctor (in fact, he is not), but she does know that he's very smart.
Karin didn't need to be a doctor to know that Colonel Patel was beyond all hope. At least her death had been a quick one. Her sidearm was still secured in her holster. She had never even had a chance to draw.

Lt. Colonel Bruce looked at Karin with narrowed eyes. "I'm still waiting to hear a satisfactory explanation of what you and Sergeant Kohl were doing with Colonel Patel. Were you part of this mutiny?"

"They were not," said General Pryce. "They were merely playing along with her until such time as you and your team could arrive. I can vouch for their loyalty. I'm afraid that there's no time for an examination prior to the evacuation, Captain Bauer. The Mi-Go do not seem patient to me, and I need to speak to them in person right away in order to keep things between us and them peaceful. There will be plenty of time for exams on the journey home. We also don't have time to collect a body bag, but I'm sure Sergeant Kohl can help you carry the body. The Mi-Go might not believe us if we just tell them she's dead. They may suspect that she has hidden somewhere in the base unless we show them the body to prove it. Everyone, follow me to the docking bay. The airlocks leading to the docking bay module won't hold all of us at once, so some of us will have to go through first." He walked past Juliette, Story, and his companions and opened the outer door to the airlock from which they had just emerged.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"I think the General is right Lt. Colonel - if they weren't playing along then there would have been no reason for Sergeant Kohl to contact us on the secure line," Alison adds hoping to prevent further bloodshed and ease the Lt. Colonel's suspicions.

Alison checks to make sure Robert is still okay before stepping towards the docking bay airlock and the General. She holsters her weapon and looks at the accumulated security team. "It would be best if some of us went first in case there was any trouble right? I can go on ahead with the first group if you want sirs." Alison was addressing the Sergeant and Lt. Colonel knowing that sometimes it looks best to volunteer for a job before you are volun-told to do it.
OOC,How many people can fit in the airlock passageways at one time? If we were all to go to the docking bay (and I say if because I don't know if Story and the gang are planning to return to their TARDIS), how many groups would it take before all of us made it through?
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook says quietly to Story and Elisabeth:" We should find the TARDIS. We can't leave her here..."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lt. Colonel Bruce nodded to Alison. "Very well," he said.
OOC,The airlocks are designed to hold six people, though you can squeeze in seven in a pinch. There are eleven of you here, plus the body of the late [b]Colonel Patel[/b], so that means two groups. Who else wants to go with the first group?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth nods discreetly in response to Brook's comment.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Indeed. I think you might be right." Looks at Lucius hoping to catch his eye.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Alison will go with the first group, she'll avoid carrying Lt. Colonel Patel's body if she can though. Alison will also check where all of the base personnel are in the area. "What about the visitors General?" She looks at Juliette, "Can Charon's Ferry make the trip with all of the extra weight, would it even have enough supplies?"
OOC,When I say she is checking where the base personnel are, I'm assuming she has a monitor or some sort of handheld on her that would allow her to view all chipped personnel's locations remotely like the General had.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin salutes at the General and then puts on some gloves from her med bag; she looks around for something to wrap the body in as it is pretty bloody. Karin is prepared to carry the body herself if there are no handy trolleys about. Either way, she'll be in the second group by the time she is ready to leave.
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette looks at Alison, her eyes a little distant. " I will do the math," She says absentminded, and salutes the General as he passes. Not her usual quickwitted self she continues "I will get back to you on that." She looks at Brook, Elisabeth and Story, her expression one of curiosity. "We need to discuss the matter of your transportation, but I have another duty first." She then walks over to Karin as she fusses about. "Do you need a hand Captain?"
mr. Handy,how does one figure out if the ship can make the trip with extra personell?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Lt. Colonel Bruce[/b] has a datapad that he's been using to link to the computer in the Security Center precisely to track people. [b]Alison[/b] would have one too, so she can receive the same information. Most people are right here in this corridor. [b]Major Orlova[/b] and [b]Lt. Hu[/b] are inside the docking bay. [b]Lt. Barrett[/b], [b]Private Torres[/b], and [b]Private Bond[/b] are outside the docking bay. [b]Lt. Rose[/b] is in Ground Control. [b]Colonel Patel[/b] was a full bird, not a Lieutenant Colonel. Not that it did her any good. ;) I'll need at least one more PC to go in the first group. [b]Lt. Colonel Bruce[/b] and [b]Robert[/b] will go with [b]General Pryce[/b] and [b]Alison[/b]. If nobody volunteers, the general will just order someone to accompany them.
Juliette Desjardins,The weight will not be an issue. [i]Charon's Ferry[/i] towed all of the components of the base on the way to Pluto so that they could be assembled here. It will not be bringing them back. There are enough supplies on board to make the return trip plus a decent amount extra just in case. If everyone goes back, you'll be bringing a net of three additional people ([b]Colonel Patel[/b] won't be consuming anything). There should be enough, though rationing may be necessary if you run short.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin finishes wrapping the body in a handy plastic sheet. She looks up, "Thankyou Captain, that would be great. But as you are piloting us home I'd rather you took a back seat and relax a bit, if that's possible.' she grins wryly. "Miss Elizabeth and Miss Brook bought med supplies over on a trolley so I can make room on that, if it's here."
Mr Handy,Is it okay to assume that? If so, Karin gets the trolley ready and will push it into the airlock when necessary.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Leans close to Brook and says,"Brook, if it comes down to it get yourself and the others to the TARDIS."

Turns towards the General.

"General, sir. I don't think the Mi-Go can be trusted. I urge you not to trust them... there is something wrong here, very wrong."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Attention all personnel," said the voice of Lt. Colleen Rose over the base's PA system. "Colonel Patel has been executed for treason and mutiny, and General Pryce has been reinstated to command. All personnel are ordered to report to the docking bay for evacuation. The bay will be depressurized again now."

"I shall keep that in mind," General Pryce replied to Story. "Captain Desjardins, come with the first group. I'll need you to help prepare for launch. Captain Bauer, you will lead the second group. After we have passed through the airlock, the rest of you are to follow us immediately and proceed to the docking bay." He went into the airlock with Lt. Colonel Bruce, Robert, Alison, and Juliette. He closed the door and the airlock began to cycle. Karin, Heinrich, Story, and his companions remained behind for now.

Karin opened the door to the fusion reactor room, which was right on this stretch of corridor. Inside she found a spare gravcart as well as a large, gray foil sheet. She used the sheet to wrap the colonel's body and, with Heinrich's help, loaded it onto the cart.
Juliette Desjardins,Actually supplies won't be a problem at all. The [i]Persephone[/i] had a crew of three and was already loaded for a return journey to Earth that never happened.
Karin Bauer,[b]Robert[/b] already brought the cart loaded with medical supplies to the docking bay a while ago, but there's another in this module.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette went with the General in the airlock as ordered, but as she passed Story and Brook she patted the girl on her shoulder and said something very quietly to them.
Brook &Story,"You should get capt. Bauer to give you Patels chip, so you can get to your ship without us. Get out of here as fast as you can, and warn earth about the Mi-Goo." The fear and worry showing in her eyes, she nonetheless went with her General as ordered.

Return to “Episode 3”