IC-Ep 3-The Hunt Begins(Alison/Robert)

After a confrontation, the Mi-Go demands that all humans evacuate from Pluto and is exchanged for Lt. Colonel Bruce. As preparations to leave get underway, loyalties are tested and divsions come to a head.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-The Hunt Begins(Alison/Robert)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Security Antechamber - Styx Base, Pluto
0810 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

Lt. Colonel Bruce led Private Alison Silver and Private Robert MacCrimmon back to the central module and to the familiar environs of the Security Antechamber. There, the security chief consulted the display that tracked all Styx Base personnel by the implants in their hands. Colonel Patel was with General Pryce, Captain Karin Bauer, and Sergeant Heinrich Kohl in the hall outside the medical lab. Bruce took out his datapad and linked it to the display so that he would have a portable view of it. "Let's go intercept them," he said, leading the way out and drawing his sidearm. Robert and Alison followed suit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Hunt Begins(Alison/Robert)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"They're moving towards the airlock leading to the reactor module," said Bruce as he checked the datapad. "We can catch them there. This way." He led Alison and Robert to the airlock that led from the central module to the reactor module.

As they walked, Alison and Robert heard Sergeant Kohl's voice in their earpieces. "Sarge?" said Robert.

"I need to speak to him," said the security chief, adjusting his earpiece's frequency.

"Hang on, the chief wants to talk to you."

"Sergeant Kohl, why are you with Colonel Patel?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Alison let out a puff of exhaustion as the security team made their way toward the reactor. She wasn't tired, at least not physically - she always had an affinity for exercise and sports which kept her in great shape. She was mentally spent though, with all that had happened today who could blame her? Intruders who appeared out of nowhere leaving no trace of how they entered the base - talking about strange things like ghouls and time travel. The Mi-Go - insect/plant/fungus thing that was captured and General Pryce snapping and opening fire on the alien. Alison had shot at the Mi-go too, but she was only shooting because her superior fired. Alison was glad she didn't hit the creature, but she was even more embarrassed that she had dropped her gun.

"I still can't believe I dropped my gun..."Alison mumbled to herself, clearly lost in her own thoughts.

Then the evacuation orders. They made sense, this was the Mi-Go's planet and we were hostile to them. It was better to pack up the base then to get wiped out and never heard from again - until the relief shuttle comes. But when the Mi-Go arrived with Lt. Colonel Bruce she found herself weak in the knees. The inhumanity of the creatures came crashing over her all at once and it was more than she could bear.

Another stupid weakness,
Alison thought.

And now the General being relieved of duty and Colonel Patel taking command and cancelling the evacuation. It was too much for her to get her head around. The Mi-Go said there were millions of them on the planet - there were only a few dozen humans, even if they tried to hold out the facility wasn't exactly a fortress.

"Robert, what do you think about all of this? I mean with everyone struggling for command and what could essentially be an entire civilization determined to get us off this planet - how are we going to get out of this mess?" Alison asked in a hush voice so Lt. Colonel Bruce wouldn't be distracted by the conversation.

Alison adjusted her own earpiece's frequencies to see if she could catch any other chatter around the base that might be helpful.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Robert shrugged in response to Alison. "I dinna ken what to make of it all, Alison," he replied softly. "We just have to do our jobs as best we can, I guess."

"I can't talk freely right now, sir," Sergeant Heinrich Kohl's whispered voice came back into the security chief's earpiece. "Just trust me."

Alison heard no other communications chatter besides Sergeant Kohl's conversation with Lt. Colonel Bruce. The chief led both of them through the airlock, along the tunnel, and through the airlock at the other end.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Iron Fist
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”