IC-Ep 3-Evacuation(Everyone else)

After a confrontation, the Mi-Go demands that all humans evacuate from Pluto and is exchanged for Lt. Colonel Bruce. As preparations to leave get underway, loyalties are tested and divsions come to a head.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-Evacuation(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Docking Bay - Styx Base, Pluto
0750 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

The airlock's inner door opened, and Natalia led Story and Lucius into the depressurized docking bay, with Alison following and closing the door behind her. The dome was open, revealing a dark sky full of glittering stars, extremely distant yet seeming close enough to touch. A dull, pinkish moon was visible as well, but it looked nothing like Earth's moon. The surface was not visible beyond the curving walls of the docking bay, though Natalia pointed out monitors on the walls on either side of the airlock's door that gave various views of Pluto's frozen, barren surface.

There were three spacecraft docked here: a huge transport vessel that took up most of the space in the bay, a smaller, rugged-looking craft that looked big enough to seat a few people, and a tiny one-seat scout, sleek and aerodynamic. The latter craft seemed designed for flying in atmosphere. There wasn't much free space in the dome with all three spaceships parked here.
OOC,[b]Story[/b], you may roll Astronomy. [b]Lucius[/b], you may roll Science(Astronomy) if you wish as well, but the base skill is 1%.
Private Robert MacCrimmon arrived in the arc-shaped corridor in the docking bay module, just outside of the docking bay proper. With him were Elizabeth and Brook, and the three of them were pushing an gravcart loaded with the medical supplies they had gathered. From another tunnel leading into the module emerged Lt. Hu Xiang, Captain Juliette Desjardins, Private Sofia Torres, and Private George Bond with the equipment and possessions that they had salvaged. The airlock leading into the docking bay itself had indicator lights showing that both it and the docking bay beyond it were depressurized. Lockers lined the wall on either side of the airlock. Some of them were empty, but the rest contained space suits.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Evacuation(Everyone else)

Post by jaysun81 »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3367747/]Astronomy - 90% (1d100=51)[/url]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story,The stars looked familiar to [b]Story[/b], and he saw that they were in their proper positions for the early 22nd century. They were not noticeably different than when viewed from Earth, as the distance between Earth and Pluto, though vast, was nothing compared to the even vaster gulfs between the stars. There was one exception, however. There was one star in the sky that looked out of place, a bit brighter than the others. He finally realized that it was in fact Earth's sun, Sol. When seen from Pluto, it looked like any other star, though somewhat brighter. The moon appeared to be Charon, Pluto's largest moon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Turns towards Lucius and points into the sea of stars towards the sun. "See the star that's brighter than the rest... that's Sol. Sadly from this distance her majesty is lost in the depths of space."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Natalia smiled. "You know your stars," she said to Story. "Yes, we're a long way from home, but one day we'll be able to go much farther. All those other stars will be just as accessible as our own." She turned towards the huge transport. "I need to go aboard Charon's Ferry and make sure she's spaceworthy. If you need anything, Private Silver is here to help you." She headed to the large spacecraft's airlock.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius hadn't spent much time studying the stars, and couldn't garner any information just by looking upward. When Story pointed out Sol, Lucius' eyes went wide. "That is the sun? So we aren't on Earth anymore. Unbelievable." He walked over to the monitors and looked at the exterior of Pluto and shook his head, "It looks so cold, like the far north. Can we walk on the ground outside?"

He eyed the space ships in the docking area and felt the familiar tinge of mistrust against such technological magic. He elected to keep his distance from those things.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"So do we take the supplies into the docking bay proper?" asks Elizabeth. "And no sign of the Mi-Go I see. I guess it has departed already. I wonder how long it will be before more of its kind returns."
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Hu turned to Juliette, Sophia, and George as he saw the unfamiliar, definitely non-personnel, people roaming with the others. "Aren't those the ones who infiltrated in that antique police box?" He thought a beat. "Did I really just say that? Ta'ma de, it's been a long, weird day."
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Natalia entered the large spaceship's airlock and sealed the door behind her.

"There's an external airlock that leads to the surface," said Alison, pointing it out. "I don't know if it's such a good idea to go out there now, though. The Mi-Go will be coming back with Lt. Colonel Bruce soon. Seeing someone out on the surface when we're supposed to be evacuating may seem suspicious to them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Post by Lynx »

Juliette smiled at Lt.Hu. "They came here in a WHAT!" She laughed. "Are we sure this is not someones bad dream? And ain't that at strange coincidence? People arriving in an antique phonebox at the same day we meet the weirdest aliens? That box must be some kind of weird technology. And exactly what IS an antique phonebox? I get many strange pictures in my head now, but none of them seems to have room for all those people! And can it take them away again? Have they crashed here? And how do we know they are not some form om MI-GOO mind trick?" The last was said in a suddenly hushed voice. Eyes wide open, and face suddenly a shade paler, Juliette went to put on her spacesuit.
Last edited by Lynx on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"We didn't crash," Brook says defiantly. "The TARDIS took us here, and when it does things like that, it's usually cause we need to be there. Or Story needs to be there, and by there I mean here. Besides, it's bigger than it looks. Like a tent. Looks small on the outside, but is surprisingly roomy on the inside. And we're no mind trick. I can pinch you if you want."
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

]Juliette startled, looking at the girl. "Really? And that would prove what excactly?" Eyes sparkling, skin colour back to normal just as quickly as she paled, Juliette smiled at the girl." Since you say it took you here, does this mean that this "Tardis" is some sort of lifeform? Or just intuitive machinery? And why did you not hail us before you came? It is polite to anounce ones arrival, don't you think??"
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook makes a face. "We didn't hail you cause this wasn't where we were going. We didn't know you were here. But when we did realise we were in the wrong place, we sat down to wait for someone to come meet us, as peaceful as can be."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Ok staying here sounds good," says Elizabeth in response to Alison's comment. "As for the TARDIS," she continued, turning towards Juliette, "I've never truly understood what it does, or what it is. Story is the pilot, if you want to use that terminology. I think it's a very clever machine myself. But it doesn't always land where we're supposed to, as happened this time. And, yes, as Brook says, we sat down and waited for you, in a non-aggressive friendly manner."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius frowned when he was denied outdoor access... but he took a deep breath and looked back out to the monitors. "It is almost like strange events draw the Tardis forth. It is a little unnerving to be certain. Kind of like knowing that there's a riot going to happen soon, just not knowing where or when exactly. Heh, especially not when." He turned away from the monitors and said, "Story, what is our direction from this point? Should we have some sort of plan? These things are advanced, and if they come with the intent to attack, we will not be ready. My dagger is no match for one of those strange gats." Lucius didn't look the part, but he did indeed just use terminology from the 30's - gangster slang for a gun. It was how pistols were introduced to him originally, and what he came to know them as. No one ever corrected him.

Looking to Alison, he asked, "Can you show me how to get back inside if I need to do it on my own?" One thing Lucius was good at was finding a safe retreat.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Looks at Lucius "I don't know. Perhaps one of us should check on the TARDIS... after all in case of an attack we don't want to discover that it has become inaccessible." Runs his hand through his hair and exhales deeply. "For now I think we should help the base in their preparations to leave." Looks around at those gathering.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Currently only [b]Story[/b], [b]Lucius[/b], and [b]Alison[/b] are in the docking bay proper (with [b]Natalia[/b] in [i]Charon's Ferry[/i]), which is depressurized. All of the other characters are in the corridor outside the docking bay, which is pressurized with an oxygenated atmosphere. They could communicate by intercom or radio with the other group, but otherwise they cannot hear each other. If the group outside the docking bay (which consists entirely of PCs) wants to enter, you'll need to put on spacesuits and go through the airlock to the docking bay itself.
"The airlocks will only respond to members of the base's crew," explained Alison to Lucius. "It's a security measure. You'd only be able to use them if I or another member of the crew accompanied you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Lynx
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Lynx »

Juliette looked at Brook. "Well, I hope your ship is not crashed, as we probably have no room for you on "the Charon". " She walked toward the locker with her spacesuit. Started to put it on and in an philosophical mind murmured: "I hope this trip on the charons ferry is the right way across the Styx". She then continued putting in her spacesuit.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Hu's brain was starting to hurt from all that had transpired over the day. He tried to clear it as much as he could as he put on a space suit.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"So if something happened to you," Lucius tries to reason, "Story and I are stuck here? Can't say that I like that very much. How does it recognize you as part of the crew?" More of that infernal technological magic he didn't much care for. The look of displeasure may have said as much.

Return to “Episode 3”