IC-Ep 3-Evacuation(Everyone else)

After a confrontation, the Mi-Go demands that all humans evacuate from Pluto and is exchanged for Lt. Colonel Bruce. As preparations to leave get underway, loyalties are tested and divsions come to a head.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Evacuation(Everyone else)

Post by jaysun81 »

"I see." Looks at the other four Mi-Go before returning his attention to the tallest. "So you have three small energy weapons. However, this massive of chaos doesn't seem to be an energy weapon... what does it do? Hmm." Leans in close to the tallest. "Is this how you are controlling Col. Bruce? This device appears to affect a wide area but it's not an energy weapon. Perhaps it's a mind control amplifier? Or a pacifier?" Shakes his head. "That's it isn't it... if the humans refuse you will just take control of their mental faculties? Causing them to bend but not break." Pulls back standing straight and tall while stuffing his hands in his pocket.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The leading Mi-Go appeared to stare at Story. "Thezzze are weaponzzz azzz well," it buzzed. "We do not have mind control devizzzes."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Ah... I see." Smiles and turns around and says aloud. "Nothing to see here... these are not the Mi-Go you're looking for." Looks at Brook and winks then turns back around. "Agrh! Who am I kidding something is very wrong here." Looks directly into the lead Mi-Go's eye. "What did you do to Col. Bruce? You... changed him somehow. Furthermore, you may not have mind control devices but you do have the ability to communicate telepathically which wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility that your hive-like mind could dominate and suppress the core of someone making them merely a puppet for you to use as you see fit." Looks at the rest of the Mi-Go before returning his gaze to the lead Mi-Go.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That izzz not logical," said the Mi-Go. "If we could dominate mindzzz azzz you say, we could have done it to you azzz well."

"Why do you think Lt. Colonel Bruce is under their control?" asked Major Natalia Orlova. "He seems to be doing his job. Colonel Patel has turned traitor, and like any loyal security chief, he is going to stop her and restore General Pryce to command."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Turning to Major Orlova and says: "After General Pryce snapped and seemingly recovered he was different I just thought it was shock. However, seeing Col. Bruce I am reminded of how the General was acting after his encounter with the Mi-Go. Didn't you notice that Bruce was seemed unemotional? Even his movements appeared quite mechanical. He definitely wasn't the same man you questioned me and my associates when we first arrived." Looks back at the Mi-Go. "I know your race possess telepathic abilities... the injured one spoke to me." Turns back to the Major. "It appears as if both the Pryce and Bruce are suffering some strange effects from their encounters with the Mi-Go... Bruce even more so. Of course he was in their custody for quite some time." Runs his hand through his hair. "Major, there are things occurring here that humanity hasn't encountered before... listen to your gut. Trust you instinct... despite the fact that you are anger at Col. Patel and her mutiny you have to sense something is off. I appeal to your sense of loyalty to the General to listen to me. Something isn't right! The Mi-Go have effected your colleagues." Turns and once again looks at the lead Mi-Go before looking back at the Major.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Even if what you are saying is so-" replied Natalia, "and I'm not convinced that it is, not without scientific proof - could you really blame the Mi-Go? Look at it from their perspective. We've invaded their planet, wounded and captured one of them, and then General Pryce snapped and tried to kill it. If they have the power to control his mind, why not use it? Why shouldn't they compel us to leave as they demand using all means at their disposal? This way they can do it with a minimum of bloodshed. The alternative would mean that we would all die, and a lot of them would die as well. And think about future relations between Earth and the Mi-Go. If this ends badly, there could be war. If it ends well, we can have peace, and perhaps even an exchange of knowledge."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"By the gods!" Lucius says to Brook. "Did you hear that? They're in our heads! THEY'RE IN OUR HEADS!" The Roman throws his hands over his ears and runs over to a wall to start pounding his head against it. "Get OUT of my HEAD!" he insists.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"But they didn't just possibly try to control the General's mind," says Elizabeth, stepping forward, and looking apologetically at Story, knowing he will be concerned about her coming out of her safe position. "After the General attacked the Mi-Go - which I agree he should not have done, but he lost control and was not acting rationally - we all heard a strange buzzing noise, and felt a wave of calm sweeping over the room. Some people reacted differently from others. How can we be sure that sort of power is not being used now? And if it is being used how can the humans on this base be making decisions in their own right?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We cannot second guess ourselves or each other," said Natalia. "If we cannot trust each other, we are doomed to failure. We need proof, scientific analysis. I felt their calming power too, and I think that buzzing noise is related to it. My hypothesis is that the sound may also operate on frequencies that we cannot hear, but it would require testing to bear it out. I think we would all feel it if we were affected again, though."
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b], I don't know if you noticed at the bottom of Page 5, but I said that you are no longer temporarily insane.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Oh yeah... I did miss that. Should I retcon my last post or just let it go with the flow?
Lucius removed stood up and straightened his suit, adjusting the helmet ever so slightly, and then looked around. Clearly any hopes he had of remaining hidden were gone now. He had gone and acted like a child fleeing in terror again. He wished there was some way to help him regain a firm grasp on his mind. Ever since their trip to London and the interaction with the ghouls and cultists there, he felt his sanity slipping through his grasp, and it was steadily getting worse.

If the Mi-Go had powers of mind control, perhaps they could help him?

He slowly approached the strange insectoid creatures and tried to figure out what they most looked like. Pincher claws like a crab, wings like a bee, and a head ... he wasn't quite sure what to make of the head. Like a couple coconuts with finger-stalks sticking up all over. He didn't want to interrupt the others in their business, so he approached one that didn't look like it was too preoccupied and said, "Well met." He laughed and shook his head, "I suppose it could have been better, but it is not too late to make the best of a bad thing. Yes?"
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook gasps as Lucius darts off and starts banging his head against the wall, but is even more surprised when he seems to calm down and approaches one of the Mi-Go. She shakes her head a little, wondering about all the mind control talk, smiling a little at Story's Star Wars reference, and tries to think of anything helpful. At all.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I too hope that it izzz not too late for peazzze between the Mi-Go and the humanzzz," the Mi-Go replied to Lucius. "We have learned that humanzzz react irrationally around uzzz. Thizzz izzz why we avoided contact with thizzz bazzze until you humanzzz found uzzz."
OOC,Just let it go. [b]Lucius[/b] didn't actually hit his head against the wall, so there's no harm done. [b]Brook[/b] (and anyone else) may roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Idea - success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3450380/]Idea (80%) (1d100=46)[/url]
Lucius nodded, "I don't think it's too late, but I understand your precautions." He leaned in slightly and said, "Listen... if you folks have advanced medical capabilities, is there anything you can do for my mind? I haven't quite been the same since I left my time."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3450620/]Rolling Idea (stat 65%) not long after Mi-Go approach base (1d100=93)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yezzz," said the Mi-Go. "Our zzzurgical techniquezzz are very advanzzzed, and we are ezzpezzzially zzzkilled in brain zzzurgery." The Mi-Go refocused its attention on Lucius. "Left your time? When izzz your time, and how izzz it that you have traveled in time?"
Lucius Verres/Brook Davies,Clearly any hostile action against the Mi-Go would be disastrous at this point, and letting the Mi-Go tinker inside [b]Lucius[/b]'s head seemed like an extremely bad idea. There was also another danger. The Mi-Go could very well try to compel the TARDIS crew to board the spaceships with their fellow humans. Getting to the TARDIS might prove difficult as well, but drawing attention to it - or to time travel - might not be a good thing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook moves over to the Mi-Go talking ot Lucius. "It's an Earth saying," she says. "We left Earth and our time there, meaning our lives there. And space travel is quite new to Lucius. I don't think he'll need any surgery." She tries to motion Lucius to come away from the Mi-Go and over to Story.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"We can't be too sure," Lucius counters Brook, as she drags him away by the elbow and has a small hushed debate over what they both had realized. Throwing up his hands, the Roman decided to drop the subject, but he wasn't happy about it. He knew his mental state was fragile, and could be any little thing might dump him off the deep end.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story turns away from the Major and walks over to Brook and Lucius mumbling to himself. "Strange buzzing sound. Pacification. Telepathy. Emotionless, mechanical response. Hmmm." Looks up at Brook and Lucius and moves them to the entrance of the inner airlock. "I've got a bad feeling about this." Once they have reached it Story leans close to them. "We have to somehow convince the Major that the Mi-Go are not what they seem. Perhaps if one of us can get to Captain Bauer we can convince her of the need to relieve Lt. Col. Bruce on medical grounds...after all, he was undoubtedly examined and probed." Looks at Brook then Lucius. "Any suggestions?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brok thinks. "We need to convice dr. Bauer to examine him. Which she should, considering he's been in the Mi-Go city central. He could've picked up any number of VDs, with the probing and all." She stifles a short giggle. "Sorry..."

Return to “Episode 3”