IC-Ep 3-Ace in the Hole(Karin/Edward/Heinrich)

After a confrontation, the Mi-Go demands that all humans evacuate from Pluto and is exchanged for Lt. Colonel Bruce. As preparations to leave get underway, loyalties are tested and divsions come to a head.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-Ace in the Hole(Karin/Edward/Heinrich)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Medical Lab - Styx Base, Pluto
0750 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

Captain Karin Bauer and Sergeant Heinrich Kohl remained in the medical lab and made all the necessary preparations to create an aerosol fungicide, though they could only find two small aerosol containers that could fit in one hand. They were ready by the time Lt. Edward Barrett returned, out of breath, with a sealed container of fungicide. "Got it," he gasped, hurrying inside.
OOC,All of you may roll Idea to think of something else that could be used to spray the aerosolized fungicide, if you cannot think of it yourselves. [b]Edward[/b], please roll Chemistry to aerosolize the fungicide.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Ace in the Hole(Karin/Edward/Heinrich)

Post by aine »

"Great, you've got a decent amount. I'm afraid we could only find these two small aerosol containers." Karin thinks for a moment "Do you think we could use any of those spray bottles from the cleaning equipment or the little air guns for getting the dust out of the computers and electrical components?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Karin Bauer,The aerosol containers that [b]Karin[/b] had found [i]were[/i] from the cleaning supplies. There were doubtless more, but it would take some time to track them down. The air guns were unlikely to be very effective, as they would fire such a fine mist that it wouldn't contain enough of the poison. However, she realized that there were fire extinguishers all over the base that could be used to do the job. They were bulkier and needed both hands, but they would work nicely. [spoiler]The map of the base layout has the positions of all fire extinguishers marked.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Or, on thinking about it, maybe fire extinguishers would be better. They're bulkier but might have a better range. We've set the equipment up for you lieutenant so you can get started with these small containers and the medbay extinguisher. I'll start raiding the nearest fire extinguishers and bring them back, probably two at a time. I'll leave the ones in the corridors in case of a fire. I'll leave it to the sergeant to figure out their deployment." Karin heads out to the nearest labs and collects two fire extinguishers. Thinking she might manage three, and thus clear the lab module, she carries them to the geo-lab to get the last one.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Karin was on her way back to the medical lab with the three fire extinguishers when Colonel Indira Patel emerged from the airlock leading to the tunnel to the central module. "Ah, there you are, Doctor Bauer," she said. "I was hoping you were still here. I want to talk to you about General Pryce. Did you witness the...incident? I want your professional medical opinion about the general's mental state."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin puts down her load, "Yes Maam, I did see the incident and his behaviour. It was unlike him to lose control but it's not his behaviour then that worries me. He is not acting himself at anytime. He's worried about disloyalty in the crew more than their stress levels, he's acting more calmly than his profile would suggest and he seems, not wooden but, I'm afraid I can't put my finger on it. I've no medical back-up on all this, it's purely my impression. I'm sorry I can't be more exact. I asked him directly what was wrong and he just evaded the question. The rest of the crew are within their profiles and doing well, considering."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're right, and I share your concerns," said Colonel Patel. "Would you go so far as to say that the general is mentally unfit for command?"
OOC,[b]Karin[/b], you may roll Psychology.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Maam, I have lost confidence in his ability to command but I have no medical evidence to back this claim, I'm sorry."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I too have lost confidence in the general's ability to command," said Colonel Patel. "I fear for the safety of the base's crew as long as he remains in control. I don't understand it. One second he tries to kill the Mi-Go on sight, the next he's bending over backwards to comply with their demands. His behavior is erratic and makes no sense. Unless...what if the Mi-Go are using some kind of mind control on him?"

A moment later, there was an announcement on the public address system. General Pryce spoke: "This is General Pryce. Six contacts are approaching the base, but there is no cause for alarm. They are most likely the Mi-Go returning with Lt. Colonel Bruce. Remain vigilant and continue with your preparations for evacuation. That is all."
OOC,That Psychology roll was actually to get a read on the colonel. You already succeeded at a Psychology roll on [b]General Pryce[/b] in the previous thread, and you're free to make whatever judgments you want based on that information.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"If you're right then we could be in serious trouble as that will mean the MI-Go already have effective control over the base, I wonder how they managed to get his mind and no-one else's. However, if you arrest the General then the Mi-Go will know we are on to them, I'd like to see what their intentions are. I'll back you up as soon as you want to take action with the General. Lt. Barrett is in the med -bay putting together some fungicide-sprays that we think may be effective against the Mi-Go should they attack. I'm not sure we'll have enough for everyone but I'm hoping the Sergeant will know how to deploy them to best advantage. He's in the med-bay too if you want to tell him about the General."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There was only one Mi-Go here then," said Colonel Patel. "Maybe it could only control one of us at a time, so of course it chose the general. If there are several of them coming back..." She trailed off, deep in thought. "Good thinking about fungicide sprays! Those might save all of our lives. Lt. Colonel Bruce has been in the Mi-Go's hands, or what passes for hands. If they're bringing him back, there's a good chance he'll be under their control as well. The four of us may be all that stands between them and total disaster. We have a very narrow window of opportunity in which to act. Once they arrive, it may be too late. In Bruce's absence, Sergeant Kohl is acting security chief. We're going to need his support. I think our best option is for you to relieve the general of command due to his being mentally unfit. That won't necessarily tip off the Mi-Go, as his behaviour has been quite odd to say the least. The sergeant will be there to ensure that he does not resist and to place him under arrest if need be. Let's talk to Sergeant Kohl now. There isn't a moment to lose."

The colonel pressed her hand to the plate beside the door to the medical lab, and it slid open. She led the way inside, where Lt. Edward Barrett was hard at work and Sergeant Heinrich Kohl stood watching.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin picks up her extinguishers and follows the colonel into the med bay. She thinks back to the Mi-Go incident and realises there's a short period of time she can't really remember about. Hoping it didn't mean that the Mi-Go had somehow affected her mind too she dumps the extinguishers next to Edward. "How many more extinguishers should I collect L-T?"
OOC,Have you heard from Dr. Bloodworth recently as he has gone quiet in 'Bad Company' too?
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Sorry, Barrett, been lost in my own thoughts... here, let me give you a hand with those," says Heinrich as he aids the other security officer. He looks up as Col. Patel and Karin enter the medical bay. This may be what I've been dreading, he thinks as he rises to greet them, but time to face the consequences... no use second-guessing yourself now.

"Colonel, Captain," he says to each of them in turn. "Did you need something?"
OOC,Sorry about that, been feeling a bit under the weather and actually just now realized I hadn't posted anything about that... posting in both games now.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Your help, Sergeant," said Colonel Patel. "We have reason to believe that General Pryce is being controlled by the Mi-Go. It's the only explanation of his recent erratic behaviour that makes sense. Captain Bauer is going to relieve him of his command due to him being mentally unfit for it, but we can use your support. Until Lt. Colonel Bruce returns, you are acting chief of security. We do not have much time before the Mi-Go return with him, if they bring him back at all. If they do, I would expect him to be under their influence as well. We must act quickly, or it will be too late. Come with us to the Command Centre. The general is still there, downloading data prior to the evacuation." She looked over at Lt. Barrett. "Keep up the good work, Lieutenant. We may have need of those fungicide sprays."

Edward saw that the four extinguishers would be enough. He only had enough fungicide to fill them plus the two smaller aerosol spray cans.
OOC,Welcome back, Dr. B! I hope you're feeling better. I was sick myself in late January and early February, and it's no fun at all. You've picked a good time to return, as some important things are going on that will involve you. [b]Lt. Barrett[/b] is a geologist, not a security officer. [b]Edward[/b], you may make that Chemistry roll any time you're ready.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Karin drops the fire extinguishers near Lt. Barrett. "I'm ready to follow you to the Command centre, Maam. I'll be glad of the sergeant's support; there's no knowing how the General will react." She turns to the sergeant, "Sergeant, Lt. Barrett here is filling six containers of the fungicide we are hoping will be useful against the Mi-Go should they attack. Please can you tell the LT where best to deploy them once he's finished."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Heinrich knew that almost all of the base personnel would be at the docking bay by this time, and that that was also where the Mi-Go were expected to return. He passed along this information to Edward before following Colonel Patel and Captain Bauer as ordered.
OOC,I needed to temporarily NPC [b]Heinrich[/b] to move things along, as his player hasn't posted in several days. [b]Edward[/b] is moving to the thread linked below.
Secret Weapon
OOC,[b]Karin[/b] and [b]Heinrich[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
The Patel Mutiny
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”