IC-Ep 3-Coming and Going(Story/Lucius/Alison)

After a confrontation, the Mi-Go demands that all humans evacuate from Pluto and is exchanged for Lt. Colonel Bruce. As preparations to leave get underway, loyalties are tested and divsions come to a head.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Ep 3-Coming and Going(Story/Lucius/Alison)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Docking Bay- Styx Base, Pluto
0740 GMT - Tuesday, August 9, 2112

Major Natalia Orlova led the way around a curving hallway in another module, through another airlock, down another tunnel, and through yet another airlock. The curving hall in which the group found itself was a fairly short arc. Two more airlocks were in the left wall, one in the middle of the corridor and another at the far end. Lockers lined the right wall. In the middle of the right wall, opposite the central airlock on the left, was still another airlock. It was to this one that she led Story, Lucius Verres, Private Alison Silver, and the Mi-Go. "The docking bay is through here," she said. "The lockers contain vacuum suits that we will need to survive in the bay once the dome is opened and it is depressurized."

"I have no need of zzzuitzzz," said the Mi-Go. "I can zzzurvive in the atmozzzphere of Yuggoth. I will go firzzzt. Open the dome for me. Leave it open for when the otherzzz return with Bruzzze."

"As you wish," said Natalia. She opened the airlock for the Mi-Go and spoke into the communications device that she wore on her ear. "Lt. Rose, this is Major Orlova. We have reached the docking bay. Open the dome for the Mi-Go, please. They wish it to remain open for the others to return with Lt. Colonel Bruce."

"Attention all Styx Base Personnel," came the voice of General Richard Pryce over the public address system. "This morning we have made contact with creatures called the Mi-Go that live on this planet. They have captured Lieutenant Colonel Bruce, and Captain Desjardins managed to capture one of them and bring it back to the base. The Mi-Go have demanded that we leave their planet and return to Earth, and we shall comply immediately. The Mi-Go is being released to return to its own kind, and they will bring back our security chief. All personnel are to prepare for evacuation. Take whatever essential supplies you can gather and bring them aboard Charon's Ferry. We will depart for home as soon as practicable. That is all."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-Coming and Going(Story/Lucius/Alison)

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius tries to get a look at the dome of the docking bay to get an idea of what Pluto looks like. (Are there any vantage points from where he is?)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The transparent dome was not visible from this corridor; it was apparently on the other side of the airlock the Mi-Go had entered.

Natalia started opening lockers and taking out space suits. The strange white coverings looked very odd to Lucius, but they seemed to have some sort of protective function, like armor. "You'll each need to put one on if you're going to enter the docking bay," she said. "We can help you if you need it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

"Ah thank you." Story begins to suit up. "Mi-Go I'm curious... you said that others, as in plural, will bring Bruce back. Why is more than one Mi-Go required? Better yet why can't you take a suit for Bruce and allow him to come back on his own? Or even let one of us come get him."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Bruzzze zzztill hazzz hizzz own zzzuit," said the Mi-Go. " We can fly much fazzzter than he can walk. We are not azzz zzztrong azzz humanzzz, and it will take more of uzzz to carry him. I cannot carry one of you alone, ezzzpecially with my woundzzz." It operated the controls on the inside of the airlock, and the door sealed. The airlock began to cycle.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius quickly followed Story's example and put on one of the suits, careful not to miss a step. "Yes please," he said to Natalia. "I've never really had the opportunity to visit foreign lands, aside from England. This is one opportunity I can't miss out on!

In one last opportunity to speak to the Mi-Go before it took off, Lucius asked, "Mi-Go, is your species capable of telling a non-truth?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Izzz yourzzz?" was all the Mi-Go buzzed right before the airlock clanged shut. Natalia helped Lucius find a suit in his size and put on the unfamiliar suit over his clothing, and Alison Silver donned a vacuum suit as well. Natalia then put on her own suit. Both of them transferred their weapons and equipment to the suits' utility belts. The spacesuits were uncomfortable, and it was difficult to adjust to walking in them and having a somewhat restricted field of vision, but it was better than breathing what passed for an atmosphere on Pluto. They had to wait a few minutes for the airlock to finish cycling twice to equalize the pressure, once as the Mi-Go passed through it, and again after it had exited into the docking bay. Natalia opened the airlock door when it had finished and motioned for everyone to get inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius entered, saying "Well, apparently the Mi-Go haven't been informed that answering a question with a question is rude." He turned to Story and said, "Are we safe to speak frankly regarding our strange new friend?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Turns to Lucius. "I believe so...though the Mi-Go do seem to have telepathic abilities." Looks at the airlock then back a Lucius. "I've got a bad feeling about this."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I agree," said Natalia, entering the airlock. "We may speak freely now. What is on your mind?"

Alison stepped inside the airlock as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"What if the Mi-Go return in force?" Looks at Natalia. "After all your superior did shoot one without provocation."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded, "It's whole demeanor changed. If they are a deceitful species, then they may be using our gullibility to their advantage. I would suggest all of the entrances and exits to the outside lands be locked down and the whole station alert to arms... just to be on the safe side. I would hope for the chance that it's all on the up-and-up... but prepare for the worst."

He stepped into the airlock and said, "When can I see what the outside looks like?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story steps into the airlock. "If your superiors do choose to lock down the rest of the base as Lucius suggests might I recommend that this entrance remain as it is? After all if they are planning on simply returning Bruce and then leave you don't want them to arrive only to discover that all humans have itching trigger fingers."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Natalia closed the airlock's outer door and began to cycle it. The hiss of escaping air filled the small chamber. "The docking bay is the main way in and out of the base," she said, "and yes, it must remain open as they instructed. There are some utility airlocks that could be used as emergency exits, but they are designed not to be opened from the outside already. The general hasn't ordered us to arm ourselves with anything other than our standard weapons. The Mi-Go could interpret that as proof of hostile intent on our part. If the Mi-Go do return in force, we had better be careful not to antagonize them further. I do not believe they wish our destruction. With their technology, they probably could destroy our base without ever setting foot inside it if that was their intention. As for seeing the outside, you'll be able to as soon as the airlock finishes equalizing the pressure and we can enter the docking bay proper. The top of the dome will remain open to the sky, and there also monitors that can show us the exterior at ground level."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Evacuation
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”